- Strong software engineering background with 13+ years Information Technology industry experience including 12+ years of SAP R/3 FI/CO functional experience and six full life cycle implementations of SAP R/3 FI/CO Modules (FI - GL, New GL, AR, AP, AA, CO-CEL, CCA, PCA, CO-PA).
- Excellent expertise in SAP R/3 FICO versions from R/3 4.6B to 6.00
- Extensive working experience across various industries of Banking, Service, Pharmaceuticals, Telecom, Finance Retail, Utilities and Manufacturing.
- Development of business processes and Business Process Reengineering
- Master Data Management (MDM) related to FICO Module
- Expertise in customization of Withholding Taxation, Taxation Procedure and Tax Codes Determination and Account Determination
- Cross functional expertise including integration with SD, MM, PP & PS.
- CO Configuration for CCA, CE, PCA, CO- PC, COPA, Internal Orders and other related areas
- FI/CO integration configuration with MM and SD including automatic account assignments and pricing condition types.
- Expertise in Analysis, Development, Testing implementation and support in SAP R/3 FI/CO
- Experience in Project Systems Configuration and Designing with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Element, Networks, Activities configuration
- Production support and after go live support for FI CO
- User profile & authorization settings, role definition, transport requests management etc.
- Supporting Techno Skills: MS Project, SAP Solution manager, MS Office, Pivot tables etc
- Provided end user training for user manual, and preparation of user manual and training materials including test scripts.
- Involved in several SAP implementations including requirement gathering, GAP analysis, design, configuration, and end user training.
- Participated in all phases of ASAP Methodology; Project Preparation, Business Blue-Printing, Realization, Final Preparation and Go-Live &Support.
- Interacted with the end users to comprehend the process flow and suggested improvements.
Financial Accounting: New General ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bank Accounting, Asset Accounting, and Special purpose Ledger
Controlling: Cost Center Accounting, Cost and Revenue Element Accounting, Internal Order Accounting, Profit Center Accounting & Profitability Analysis
Integration: FI/CO integration with SD, MM, PS and PP.
Development: LSMW, Report Painter, Report Writer
ERP Package: SAP FI/CO, BPC, BW 3.5/BI7.0, MM, SD, PP
Office Tools: MS WORD, MS Excel, MS VISIO, MS Power Point, MS Access.
R eporting Skills: Report Writer & Report Painter
Confidential, San Jose CA
SAP FICO Consultant
- As part of the Production Support Team worked closely with Technical and Functional consultants of other modules to resolve the issues based on priorities.
- Analyzed FICO related trouble tickets, deliberated issues with the Business Users, determined the root causes and resolved them in timely manner.
- SAP FI/CO Consultant for trouble shooting day to day problems.
- Responsible for solving tickets in New GL AP, AR, Asset Accounting and Banking in FI area. Cost center accounting, Profit center and Internal order in CO area.
- Interacted with Business users if required in order to resolve the tickets in effective manner.
- Responsible for issues related to Order to Cash cycle, Procure to pay cycle, FI-MM integration, FI-SD integration, Tax with 3rd party ( Tax-ware), EBS and Lockbox for both international and domestic process .
- Solution provided for various change requests based on the urgency.
- Impact analysis and conflict management documents prepared for the change request.
- Business Signoff for the development changes
Confidential, Bolingbrook, IL
SAP FICO Consultant
- Conducted workshops to gather requirements from Business Process Owners and Subject Matter Experts. Prepared business blue print documents and process flow diagrams.
- Acquired hands on experience on entire procure to payment cycle process and logistics execution process.
- Processing of transfer postings and special stocks in Inventory Management like sub-contracting, third-party and vendor consignment.
- Inscribed Functional specs (RICEF) for ULTA private label articles that generate the additional accounting entrees at store level, finished product, and component write off and write off at DC (Plant).
- Involved in various testing process: Regression testing, UAT, Performance testing for Custom T-Codes, Integration, Test Scripts and Execution.
- Facilitated the test design and participated in design and execution of the Integration test scenarios to ensure that all of the custom objects and transaction codes are thoroughly tested.
- Coordinated with BW consultant to generate financial reporting from SAP BI system.
- Collaborated closely with the Development team to develop technical design document and provide data for unit testing.
- Designed and executed Data Mapping, cleansing and cutover plans for Conversion of Legacy system into SAP, Table updates etc.
SAP FICO Consultant
- Extensively worked on Stock transport orders and transfer postings.
- Customized Physical inventory documents and posting of the difference quantity for carrying out physical inventory using cycle counting.
- Performed analysis for the movement types 101,103,105, 201, 551-556,701-718 used in new plant (implemented using Manhattan System) to impact finance.
- Configuration of FI integration with MM and SD Modules by automatic account determination( OBYC)
- Configured the Default account assignment (OKB9) to select the correct cost center.
- Resolved all the issues related to vendor master date for moving from SAP to Manhattan System.
- Extensively worked on Revenue Recognition scenarios such as Time Based and Service Based Revenue Recognition
SAP FICO Consultant
- Configured end to end Classic GL, procure to pay (P2P), order to cash (O2C) process and intercompany process using trading partner functionality.
- Designed and configured the intercompany process using the trading partner functionality.
- Worked on Confidential bank to implement bank accounting. Configured different Payment methods such as In house Check, Outsource Check Payment method (XML format) and Wire transfer (XML format).
- Used payment medium workbench to generate the XML format (format structure is based on ISO 2022).
- Implemented electronic bank statement (EBS) and lockbox processing for Confidential Bank.
- Configured account symbols, posting rules, transaction types, assigning GL accounts, etc
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
SAP FI Lead (Roll Out)
- Conducted workshops to gather requirements from Business Process Owners, and Subject Matter Expert and prepare business blue print document and process flow diagrams for General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Account receivable and Asset accounting.
- Configure end to end New GL, Procure to pay (P2P) and order to cash (O2C) process
- Designed the deduction process in Account receivable in order to handle deduction reason code received at the time payment received through lockbox.
- Configured the New GL and the current ledgers being set as ledgers and update rules for the other ledgers based on the report requirements.
- Implemented New GL functionalities like:
- Leading and Non-leading Ledger - Non-leading ledgers were used for statutory reporting as few of the company codes were using different company codes.
- Real-time integration of FI and CO functionality.
- Document splitting at profit center level to generate B/S by profit center.
- Worked on HSBC bank to implement bank accounting. Configured different Payment methods such as Check, Outsource Check Payment method ( XML format ) and Wire transfer ( XML format)
- Use payment medium workbench to generate the XML format ( format structure is based on ISO 2002)
- Implemented EBS and lockbox file for HSBC Bank
- Maintaining depreciation area, Classifying different assets in asset classes, Assigning depreciation methods to Asset Classes using depreciation keys. Integration with GL and Asset Account determination.
- Configuration of asset under construction (AuC), capitalization of AuC by intra-company transfer or distribution rule and settlement.
- Retiring and asset with scrapping or with customer (with revenue/ without revenue)
- Extensively worked on Configuration of taxes for US
- Write down the WRICEF objects for various interfaces such as Concur interface ( Employee expenses), ADP (Payroll) and mass upload journal entries using 3rd party tool (Win shuttle), Generation of XML format for DME file and outsource check.
- Performed Functional Unit testing and worked with the developers on various custom items.
- Facilitated the test design and participated in the design and execution of the Integration test scenarios making sure that all the custom objects and transaction codes are thoroughly tested
Confidential, Marysville, OH
SAP FI- AP Lead
- Gathered high-level financial information requirements for Financial Company of Honda for both US and Canada (AHFC& HCFI) and translated these requirements into an appropriate SAP financial hierarchy (enterprise model). Supported all phases of a project life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of solutions, as well as documentation, and end-user training.
- Prepared the Business Process Procedures for various transactions in AP sub modules.
- In General ledger accounting(FI-GL)Created Chart of accounts, account groups, document types, fiscal year, posting periods, number ranges and used new general ledger with document splitting
- Working on interface of 3rd party systems ( such as CASS, PTMS,VIS etc) to connect to SAP system using ALE - IDOCs
- Wrote the functional specification of the WRICEF objects for various interface both inbound and out bound from Legacy system( CASS, PTMS, VIS Hyperion etc), RIP file ( Rejected ACH payment file received from Bank) (AP) positive pay, Check forms for US and Canada.
- Configure various house bank ( Confidential, Confidential, Confidential etc.), Payment method (Check, ACH, wire transfer), Account groups for vendors based on user specification and also configure new void reason code for both check encashment and escheatment check.
- Worked on 1099 vendors reporting, Down payment, check form, RIP file ( Rejected ACH payment file received from Bank)
- Write down the functional specification to provide the ability to do mass cancellation through custom program
- Closely worked with Development team in order to develop technical design document and provide data for unit testing
Confidential, Medford, OR
SAP FICO Lead
- Conduct workshop to gather requirement and prepared user requirement specific document.
- Configuration of House bank ( Confidential ), Bank determination and Cash Application Lockbox( BAI-2 ) processing.
- Configure setting for Automatic payment run program and for interest calculation on account balance and line items
- Develop the functional design document of Check printing and outbound interface IDOC for Payment manager that is send to Confidential .
- Working Closely with Development team to develop technical design document and provide data for unit testing for both Check printing and Payment Manager Interface.
- Configure different Payment method such as Check, ACH (CCD), ACH (PPD), Wire transfer and Credit Card payment method ( Using Custom)
- Writing the test scripts from scratch for Check printing and outbound IDOC pexr2003
- Configuring Electronic Bank Statements (EBS) (BAI-2), Importing of Electronic Bank Statement, Displaying Bank Statements, and Conversion Programs, Post Processing of Bank Statements.
- Provided user training and documentation all the relevant process
Confidential, Seattle, WA
SAP FICO Consultant
- I have designed the solution for Order to Cash process in SAP to sell manufacturing parts to DAF (subsidiary of PEC). It was international sales process and it included international customer invoicing (Pro-forma invoice and commercial invoice), receiving payments from the Euro corporate.
- Conducted workshop to gather requirements from Business Process Owners, and Subject Matter Expert and understand As-Is process for DAF and PEC (Columbus), developed business process flowchart and configured the system.
- Worked on functional design document for designing various interfaces and outbound and inbound EDI conversions 810, 820, etc.
- Designed the report for their VAT reporting in Europe per ship to customer and per invoice.
- Configured Payment, Payment Terms, Interest Calculation, Employee and Customer Tolerances, and Credit Management for DAF.
- In AP, design the invoicing and payment process for new service plant. This plant was used by sub-contractor Vendor to service the raw material (heads and Blocks) and send it to Columbus Engine factory.
- The new PO type was defined and used in conjunction with service sheets. The material at dock was sent by the European vendor and invoice was received against the ASN (inbound delivery) issued by supplier.
- Configured the system for complete above said process: Determination of G/L account, Cost center and profit center for new plant and service entry sheet, configuration of invoice and payment process for European vendor and new plant.
- Worked on Functional design document (Functional Requirement Specification) for designing various enhancements, forms and Interfaces.
- Develop an interface to reverse incorrect COPA entries and post mass upload of invoice from 3rd party tool ( Win-shuttle)
- Closely worked and assisted the developers throughout the development lifecycle of these RICEF objects.
- Performed Functional Unit Testing. Moreover, participated in the design and execution of the Integration test scenarios.
- Configuration of cost allocation by engine model within cost center.
- Develop user training documents and conduct workshops to train new user.
- Implemented new SAP functionalities and enhancement such as activate correspondence type, customization PAYADV (payment advice) Idoc for sending reference data
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
SAP FICO Consultant
- Did analysis of current system and did the Gap Analysis.
- Did requirement gathering and prepared business blueprint / user requirement specification document.
- Order to Cash Cycle (Accounts Receivable), Procure to Pay Cycle (Accounts Payable), Asset Management (Fixed Asset, CIP) etc. Also worked on EDI (Inbound and Outbound) invoices generation.
- Configured the system as per the functional specification: Company code, Posting period variant; bank accounting and asset accounting. We used the same chart of accounts and controlling area.
- Implemented various SAP functionalities and enhancements that were not included in initial implementation e.g. Park and Post Process, Tolerance Groups to handle discounts, Availability Control on Internal Order Budget, Financial Statement Version etc.
- Helped Internal and External Audit teams to understand the implemented system.
- Analyzed their asset acquisition to depreciation process and then fixed the loopholes and made it for efficient and streamlined.
- Developed new reports and customized existing reports related to finance using Report Painter.
- Reviewed various SOX (Audit) concerns and helped them to improve the security design and implement new controls in the implemented processes.
- Developed various Test Scripts and User Training Documents and conducted workshops to train new business users.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
SAP FICO Consultant
- Interacted with client business users for requirement gathering and analysis of existing business processes and prepared business Blueprint document and functional design document.
- Handheld major Configuration tasks of the Organizational structure of GL, AP, AR, AA, CO-CCA.
- Coordinated the integration efforts of FI/CO with SD, MM, (Purchase-to-Pay, Order-to-Cash) based on functional requirements, automatic account assignment, maintaining the revenue account determinations & revenue recognition which is useful in integrating AR-SD.
- Creation of House Banks, Assigning Bank Accounts to House Banks, creation of check lots.
- Involved in Data conversion from an external system using SAP LSMW functionality Direct Input and Batch Input.
- Used Report painter tool to generate the user required reports.
- As a member of testing team monitored integration-testing efforts and drafted the testing scripts. Tracked and analyzed the results. The focus of the testing was on Purchase to pay and Order to cash processes.
- Provided user training on procedures and assistance in developing user Training manuals and planned the training sessions
- Training and Documentation of all relevant process UAT (User Acceptance Testing), Integration Testing, Test Scripts arranging and coordinating the testing activities, Trouble Shooting. Cut off procedures along with uploading and tallying of legacy assets and the future depreciations etc., - Support and Maintenance of the System.
- Worked closely with users for creating scripts for Quarter/ year-end procedures.
Confidential, Mason OH
SAP CO Lead
- Configured controlling area, activated components and control indicators, assigned company codes and number ranges to controlling area, maintained CO versions.
- Configuring and customizing internal orders, order types and settlement profiles.
- CO CCA: Created cost elements, cost centers master data, cost center groups, cost center standard hierarch, cost center categories, activity types, statistical key figures, reposted cost center distribution.
- CO PCA: Configured PCA settings for controlling areas, created dummy profit center, created profit center master records, defined profit center standard hierarchy and assignment to PC master records to CC master records.
- Worked with cost calculation methods (Reposting, distribution & assessment).
- CO PA: As a lead consultant I was responsible for implementing CO-PA module and overall responsible for reporting requirements of the organization.
- The company is segmented according to the products and customers. The profitability of the company is determined based on their segments. CO-PA happens to be a perfect match for market-oriented decision making. I was responsible for implementing the CO-PA module for the company.
- I carried out detailed study of reporting requirements and accordingly scope, design and configuration of Profitability Analysis were done.
- In Profit center accounting created standard hierarchy, profit centers, dummy profit center, defined document types, number range assignment, PCA planning parameters.
- Performed unit testing and integration testing.
Confidential, Concord, NC
SAP - FI/AR Consultant
- Functional Consultant for a major consulting firm during the SAP reconfiguration Project of one of the lead Telecom Company.
- The project represented a merger scenario in which two companies were merging and the Child Company’s system had to be reconfigured to make it compatible to the Parent company’s system requirements.
- Reconfigured organizational structure like setting up of client, creation of company, assigning company to company code, chart of accounts, coding scheme, G/L master data, country-specific checks, factory calendar as used by the company.
- Field status groups, Fiscal year Variants, posting periods, document number Ranges.
- Setting up of document types and posting keys for business transactions, General Ledger
- Regrouped the G/L accounts into various account groups.
- Creation of reconciliation accounts for account receivables and accounts payables.
- Populating G/L accounts using BDC’s, specifications were given for transfer from legacy into SAP using flat files, Accounts receivables and payables.