- A well - rounded technology and management SAP professional, who obtained skills through hands-on projects experience and through a degree in Master of Science in Technology Management (MSTM), an 18-month ExecutiveIT Management program through George Mason University, Virginia, USA.
- Strong project delivery skills with 20+ years of experience (14 years in US)with expertise in deliveringboth SAP Data warehouse applicationsand Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP); Six full life-cycle implementationsexperience in developing Data warehouse and ERP applications in SAP FI/CO, SD, MM, PS, QM, PP, and HR modules.
- Total IT industry experience includes 5 years of Service Delivery/Project Management experience for delivering large & complex projects in both Application Maintenance (AM) and Application Development (AD); 5years hands-on experience as SAP HANA/BI Architect/Business Objects Developer (HANA 1.2, BO XI 3.1, NetWeaver 2004s BI/BW 7.0, 3.0B, 2.1C, BWA, Portal); about 10 years of hands-on experience as SAP ABAP ERP Analyst - SAP R/3 (ECC 6.0, 5.0, 4.7, 4.6C, 4.6B, 4.0B, 3.1X, and 3.0 X).
- Project Management experience as Delivery Lead, both in Offshore/onshore business model and Managed Services model.
- Delivery management oflarge clients such as Shell Oil & Gas, Caltex, US Army, etc.
- Managed Service delivery as per the contract Delivery metrics (SLAs), managed end-to-end financials as per the contract, resource management from hiring to supervising, assigning responsibility, coaching and monitor progress.
- Management of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for all the delivery issues (Recurring high priority incidents, project delays, etc.) via Problem Management to ensure that underlying causes are eradicated and that all Delivery activity meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Generation of Service Delivery reports and report out to the client stakeholders & internal stakeholders.
- Automation of repetitive tasks to reduce non-value added time and improve productivity and profitability.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Qualified Six Sigma specialist with experience in improving processes using Six Sigma (6σ) Methodology.
- Led requirements gathering workshops, conducted gap analysis, converted business requirements into Functional specifications and technical design, coded, unit tested, integration tested, documented and provided production support; involved in performance management, data management, and data consistency.
- Involved in Product Testing, user acceptance testing, transports support and cut-over support duringGo-Live.
- Experience working with Big 4 consulting firms in the US.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
ERP: SAP R/3 ECC 6.0, 5.0, 4.7, 3.1X, SDLC
Data warehouse: SAP HANA, BW on HANA, BI/BW 7.0, 3.1, 3.0B, BOBJ XI R3, BWA
SAP Modules: FI/CO, SD, MM, PP, QM, HR
Reporting tools: Lumira, AOLAP, WebI, Design Studio, BEx Analyzer, Portal, WAD, ALV
Tools: SLT, BODS, Service Now, Remedy
Languages: ABAP/4, SQL, PL/SQL, SQLScript
MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio
Confidential, San Jose, CA
SR SAP HANAB BW / SAP ABAP / ARCHITECT
- Responsible for Delivery of entire Management Information (MI) of Shell Finance and HR systems.
- Handled delivery of 4 projects;involved in the migration of BW to BW on HANA; planned the transition and upskill of the existing resources to BW on HANA for application maintenance.
- Gathered requirements for HANA objects such as Information views modelling, data provisioning (SLT, BODS, DXC, Flat files), User Interface (Design Studio, Lumira, Webi, Analysis for OLAP, Crystal reports, etc.), User Management & Security (Analytical privileges, users, roles, etc.).
- Performed technical design QA role for the delivered objects.
- Handled Escalation management, client and stakeholder communications and coordination, risk management, and resource management.
- Coaching and mentoring of team members; succession planning and improvement actions.
- SLA management - maintained SLAs above 90% thorough out after the project turned to green.
- Managed teams up to 40 team members and several internal and external stake holders.
- Excellent skills working with external vendors such as SAP, T-systems, and eBOSS. urning MI Finance project from Red to Green; MI Finance project being in Red status for more than a year, turned to Green in 5 months after my joining the project.
- Improved SLAs and maintained above 90% five months in a row.
- Led the effort of transition of the Project from Manila, Philippines to India without impact to the delivery.
- Built a strongand motivated team that helped to improve the delivery and increase client confidence.
- Instituted solid quality assurance process with thorough internal review that resulted in ZERO rejection; thishelped improved the overall delivery quality, enhanced customer satisfaction, and credibility of the client.
- Led the team to achieve a near perfect Finance closes (month-end, Quarter-end and Year-end).
- Established process and coached the team to improve communication and coordination with the Client.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
SR SAP HANA / SAP ABAP / ARCHITECT
- Responsible for managing a team of 100 people to deliver across SAP (ECC, BW, PI, etc.), Web technologies (SharePoint, .Net, Biztalk, OBC), and Shared services (Cognos, SQL, etc.) in an Offshore/Onshore model.
- Responsible for delivering to the contract of 50M AUD for 5 years in both Application Maintenance (AM) & Application Delivery (AD)
- Management and accountability for the achievement of all Metrics (SLAs):
- Incidents and Problems
- Service Requests (SRs)
- Problem Tickets
- Standard Change Requests
- Upgrades and Patching planning
- Disaster Recovery and BCP
- Application Development - Small projects and CRs delivery - tracking the delivery to schedule, cost & Quality.
- Client Reporting - Generation of Weekly/Monthly Service Delivery metrics for Client reporting and internal stakeholders reporting.
- People Development - Hiring, supervising, coaching and tracking progress; keep up team morale and team members motivation via awards, team lunches, etc.
- Managing Client data protection (CDP) actions and updating Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Contract Financials - End-to-end financial management with the plan, forecast and actuals and managing the margins as per the deal economics.
- Day-to-day operations for delivery; managing hours to the plan, forecast & CCI (margin).
- Situation Management of high priority incidents; conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for all high priority incidents, project and enhancement delivery issues to ensure underlying causes are eradicated and delivery meets or exceeds expectations.
- Automation and Innovation agenda to identify use cases and automate repetitive tasks and innovate for improving user experience: Splunk platform for monitoring tasks, SRs automation, Test Automation, etc.
- Brought stability to the delivery by identifying the RCAs and resolving the same via Problem Management; helped reduced incident inflow by 60% over 3-month timeframe; received high appreciation from the customer.
- With the stability that was brought to the account, client signed a 3-year extension to the contract (AUD 30M) without calling for a RFP.
- Automation: with the automation of repetitive tasks, reduced the overall team efforts by 30% which helped to reduce team size to increase profitability by 10% margin on the contract.
- Innovation: brought innovative ideas to the client to improve user experience using Fiori apps and developing dashboards via Splunk platform.
- Ran programs to cross skill and upskill people to support multiple technologies and reduce the overall FTE.
- Managed all green SLAs (above 85%) with no service credits during my tenure.
- Built a highly-motivated team that is flexible to handle multiple demands and shifting priorities and willing to put in overtime hours as per the project demands.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
SR SAP HANAB BW / SAP ABAP / ARCHITECT
Environment:SAP BI 7.0, BOBJ XI 3.1, Universe Designer, WebI, ECC 6.0, ABAP, BEx Query Designer, BEx Analyzer, Portal, Web Application Designer, RRI, BWA, FI-CO, Cost Management, Funds Management, Real Estate, and Payroll.
- Led user requirementsgathering workshops,business blueprint design, analysis and design of the data model using Star Schema methodologies.
- Worked closely with business users, sponsors, and other stakeholders to identify and maximize opportunities for BW; oversaw and coordinated BW design, development and testing for Funds Management (FM) and Cost Management (CO) functional areas reporting needs.
- Preparation of data flows, functional feasibility analysis, and prototype solutions for proof of concept.
- Developed cutover plans and activities and coordinate resources for go-live; provided support for knowledge transfer and transition of the BW system from development to production support.
- Data mapping between the Legacy and ECC data fieldsand BW InfoObjects for the data modeling and extraction.
- Designed, built, tested, documented, and maintained data extractors, transformations, DTPs, process chains, DSO Objects, InfoCubes, and Multi-Cubes; coding in start routines and end routines.
- Master and Transaction Data extraction from Flat files and loading into InfoObjects, DSOs and InfoCubes.
- Enhanced business content InfoObjects (0COSTCENTER, 0FUNC AREA, 0FUND, 0WBS ELEMT) by adding new attributes and added code in BADI User-exits to populate the data.
- Activated Business Content InfoObjects, InfoSources,DataSources, DSOs, InfoCubes, and Multi-providers.
- Involved in the development of data model to satisfy the various functional requirements by implementing queries and cubes using business content. The main cubes developed were Cost Management Cube (ZCM B01), Budget Formulation Cube (ZBF B01), Cost Management Multi-cube (ZCM M01), and Payroll Cubes (ZCML B01, ZCML B02).
- Developed following BEx Query reports: Status of Fund Report, Cost by Object Report, Plan vs. Actual Report, Spending Plan by Appropriation, Procure-to-Pay Summary and Detail Report, Cost Center Report, Funds Center Report.
- Installed BI Administrator Cockpit by activating business content InfoProviders and queries.
- Provided production support for Process chains, loads from ECC to BI, reconciling issues between ECC and BI, and other issues with the loads; performance improvement by building aggregates and roll ups; DB statistics.
- Developed reports using BEx Query Designer and published them on Web; built OLAP Universes based on BEx Super Queries, and builtWebIReports using OLAP SAP BW queries as DataSource.
- Developed following BOBJ WebI reports: Status of Fund Report, Open Obligations Report and P2P Report, and published them on the Portal for end user access.
- Designed Test Cases and Test Plans using Mercury Quality Center for the Unit Testing and Integration testing of the programs coordinating with Business folks.
- Performance improvement of queries using aggregates, indices on DSOs, DB Statistics, and Production support for the data loads; developed process chains for automating the data loads.
- Written programs to reconcile data between BW and R/3 using RFC and ABAP programs.
- Other general Project related activities such as Process compliance, time tracking, status reports, etc.