- Confidential has over 22 years of expertise in system architecture, and hands - on implementation of complex systems. As lead technologist, he has demonstrated his ability to understand, design and troubleshoot complex application implementations.
- Confidential ’s ERP experience includes installing, configuring, patching, upgrading and performance tuning SAP and Oracle EBS on most major operating systems.
- He has over 5 years of intensive hands-on SAP BASIS knowledge and has successfully planned, installed and documented the SAP environments for the Confidential project. Additionally, Confidential has over 4 years of SAP Security & SAP NetWeaver Portal Administration.
- He has extensive experience in Oracle database and middleware technologies.
- He has designed and implemented Disaster Recovery and High-Availability solutions for Oracle databases and Application Servers.
- Confidential also has extensive expertise in Oracle information security and Identity Management, and has successfully designed and delivered secure, highly-available and cost-effective implementations.
- He is a self-starter, creative problem-solver and has experience in developing technical specifications, processes and procedures in support of SLA’s for both applications and infrastructure.
- Infrastructure Architecture including Oracle DBA, UNIX System Admin & SAP BASIS Admin
- Database support including performance tuning, patching, cloning, upgrades/installations and systems administration
- UNIX System Administration.
- Apache web server, and reverse-proxy configuration.
- Oracle Products: ORACLE DBMS (11g,10g, 9i, 8.x, 7.x), Oracle Application Server and WebLogic Server 10g/11g, Oracle SOA Suite 10g/11g (AIA, BPEL, ESB, B2B, OWSM, Rules, Workflows, UMS), Oracle Collaboration Suite (OCS), Oracle Grid Control 10g/11g, Oracle JDeveloper, Oracle Designer, Oracle Developer, Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Portal, Oracle Identity Management (OIM), Oracle Identity Federation (OIF), Oracle Access Manager (OAM), Oracle Label Security (OLS), Oracle Warehouse Builder, OBIEE
- Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, MS Windows Server 2003/2008, HP UX, AIX
- Databases: ORACLE, Sybase, Informix, DB2, SQL Server & MySQL
- Management/Leadership Skills: Technical Team Lead, System Architect
- Life Cycle Expertise: Project Planning and Control, Requirements Analysis, Logical and Physical Database Design, Application Design and Development, Software Testing, Database Administration
Lead SAP Security & Portal Administration
- Lead and delivered SAP security/authorization management.
- Lead and delivered SAP Enterprise Portal security, content admin & system admin.
Oracle DBA, UNIX System Admin & SAP BASIS Admin
- Participated in the evaluation and selection process of ERP software.
- Participated in system sizing exercises and developing a Hardware Recommendation Report (HRR)
- Procured, Installed and Configured the SUN server hardware
- Installed and configured Solaris OS.
- Installed and configured SAP systems (ECC 6.0, BI 7.0, PI, CRM 7.0, SRM 5.0, Portal, Solution Manager, TREX, ADS) over seven distinct environments(sandbox, development, integration, internal training, external training, production, disaster recovery)
- Planned, installed and documented the ‘System-Integration’ and ‘PRODUCTION’ in a Sun Cluster 3.2 environment.
- SAP Solution Manager Functions(E2E Monitoring, CEN CCMS, Wiley integration)
- Successfully tested and performed ‘Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy of SAP Systems’ from ‘PROD’ to ‘QA/TEST’ and to ‘External-Training’
- Installed SAP notes, support packs and enhancement packs in various environments.
- Developed and Implemented the Backup and Recovery Strategy for the Confidential Oracle databases.
- Developed and Implemented the Disaster Recovery Strategy for the Confidential Oracle databases.
- Developed and Implemented the High-Availability Strategy for the Confidential Oracle databases using Sun-Cluster
- Monitor, Troubleshoot and Administer the Confidential Oracle databases.
- Primary responsibility for SAP Security & SAP NetWeaver Portal Administration
- Primary responsibility for Oracle DB & Solaris related tasks
- Upgraded Oracle Database from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g
Business Development Support
- Install, Maintain and Support sand-box instances of Oracle E-business Suite R12 & 11g (220.127.116.11)
- Install and support Oracle WebLogic, WebCenter & OBIEE instances
- Install, Maintain and Support demo instances Oracle Collabsuite Suite, and Oracle 10gAS with Oracle Portal.
- Maintain and Support the AccuCharge Application instance including Open LDAP and JBOSS.
- Developed a comprehensive ‘Disaster Recovery’ and ‘High Availability’ strategy for the Oracle 10gAS stack.
- Upgraded the Oracle 10gAS stack in development, testing and production servers.
- Upgraded Database from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g
- Implemented Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) for ‘High Availability’ using Veritas Storage Foundation
- Designed and developed the Technical architecture to enable Federated Identity Management
- Implemented Oracle Identity Federation and enabled Confidential in achieving ‘Operational Membership’ within the Confidential ’s E-Authentication Federation
- Lead the sustained re-engineering activities in support of the Performance & Scalability improvement effort.
- Developed a proof-of-concept BPEL processes using Oracle SOA suite 10.2
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues at any/all level of the application technology stack including: Application Server, BPEL server and processes, Databases, Endpoint connections Security, and Network by viewing logs and using various tools
Technical Manager and lead developer
- Successfully upgraded the Confidential ’s Oracle 8i database to Oracle 10g
- Installed and configured the ‘PROD’ and ‘DEV’ instances of Oracle10gAS
- Deployed the ‘TeamConnect’ J2EE application to Oracle10gAS
- Installed Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control to monitor the Oracle databases, application servers, and J2EE Applications.
- Implemented Oracle DataGuard for the production database.
- Performed an Oracle database security audit, identified risks and recommended immediate (critical), and long term fixes.
- Converted the ‘Report Writer’ reports to Oracle reports and deployed to Oracle 10gAS.
- Developed a proof-of-concept to demonstrate Oracle Portal and Single-Sign-On (SSO)
- Developed a proof-of-concept to demonstrate Integration of Oracle Internet Directory (OID) with Novell eDirectory (LDAP)
- Developed a proof-of-concept to demonstrate Oracle’s Enterprise User Security and Virtual Private database technology
- Provided hands-on Technical assistance and knowledge transfer to Confidential Corporation ( Confidential ) in sizing & configuring the Oracle 10gAS stack with appropriate tuning parameters in a multi-tier distributed environment.
- Introduced JMeter as a stress and load testing tool and provided knowledge transfer to Confidential Corporation ( Confidential )
- Developed test cases and JMeter test profiles for stress and load testing
- Deploy ‘Control Application’ and tune the components of the Oracle Application server Stack by load and stress testing using JMeter
- Assisted with the deployment & configuration of the Confidential J2EE web application to Oracle 10gAS and OC4J.
- Installed Production WebCache servers and developed caching options
- Monitored and gathered logs from the various servers to troubleshoot and provide performance tuning
- Assessed the current ‘Disaster Recovery’ strategy and provided recommendations for a better solution
- Designed the Oracle Portal upgrade strategy and successfully implemented it in a ‘ Confidential ’ configuration.
- Successfully integrated Microsoft Active Directory (AD) with Oracle Internet Directory (OID).
- Assisted with fine-tuning and performance improvement effort.
Technical Lead & Lead Developer
- Developed and demonstrated a proof-of-concept using Oracle Label Security (OLS)
- Successfully designed and developed the Virtual Private Database (VPD) using Oracle Fine Grained Access Control (FGAC) for compliance with FERC and SOX regulations.
- Migrated database user accounts to Oracle Internet Directory (OID) - thereby enabling Enterprise User.
- Integrated OID with Microsoft Active Directory (AD) & enabled external authentication of Enterprise Oracle Users with AD.
Technical lead and lead developer
- Successfully designed customized procedures and scripts for synchronizing the Confidential Notes Address Book (NAB) data with the Oracle Internet Directory (OID) data.
- Developed custom scripts to clone production OID user accounts and groups to development and test OIDs
- Initiated the ‘Application Security Re-engineering’ effort and successfully integrated Oracle Forms, Reports, Oracle Application Express (APEX / HTMLDB) and J2EE (JSP) applications with Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Technical lead and lead developer responsible for planning and executing the re-engineering (upgrading and consolidating) of multiple Oracle Portal implementations within the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Developed the CSIDE Portal to demonstrate and showcase the new and improved features of Oracle Portal 10g
- Developed and demonstrated dashboards, webclipping, omniportlet, WebDAV, document workflow, UltraSearch and Single Sign-On (SSO) features of Oracle 10gAS and Portal
- Customized an Issues Tracking application developed in HTMLDB
- Acted as the back-up DBA and assisted the main DBA in performing several tasks including the upgrade of 9iAS to 10gAS
- Developed customized procedures and scripts to clone development and test databases from production databases
- Customized scripts to re-wire cloned environments
- Developed procedures and test cases for consolidating portal repositories using Oracle Portal Export/Import utilities
- Team Leader and Lead development engineer. Successfully completed web-based application to allow the U.S. Bureau of Census to design Questionnaires to gather, analyze and disseminate information. System had to be constructed to easily integrate with several other existing applications.
- Designed, developed and deployed the VarDS (Variable definition System) application using Oracle9i database and Oracle 9iAS middle-tier
- Developed web-based UI using Oracle Developer to produce an intuitive interface for users and admins.
DBA and Lead development engineer
- Successfully designed and developed CRIS (Compliance Research Information System), a data warehouse that integrates disparate data from heterogeneous data sources.
- Designed and developed the CRIS Data Warehouse
- Installed Oracle9i fine-grained auditing (FGA)
- Designed, developed and implemented Audit policies
- Designed, developed and implemented the ETL (Extraction, Transformation, Loading) scripts for migrating 5 Terabytes data from Teradata and mainframe flat files to Oracle 18.104.22.168 using SQL Loader and Oracle Heterogeneous Services
- Installed, configured, and maintained Oracle 9i on a Sun 15K server
- Installed Oracle Designer, created a repository and developed the ERD’s for the Individual Tax Filers and the Business Tax Filers
- Validated the DDL generated from Oracle Designer and created the Physical Database Schemas
- Installed the Oracle Warehouse Builder and created a repository for the CRIS Project
- Performed database administration duties throughout the program including software installations, upgrades, maintenance, and tuning
- Configured Backup and Recovery using Oracle 9i RMAN as an interim backup solution
- Implemented a project plan and the Confidential change control procedures called ‘transmittals’
- Demonstrated Oracle 9iAS Release 2 Portal for a group in Confidential .
- Trained and mentored the Confidential DBA’s to take over and independently administer the database by themselves
- Assisted with the development of a secure and scalable J2EE multi-tier application deployment strategy for Confidential ’s J2EE web applications using 9iAS and OC4J.
- Designed, developed and assisted with the development of several JSP’s and workerbeans for the eGrants J2EE web application using the realMethods (rM) framework.
- Designed, developed and implemented a Document (BLOB) upload/download servlet utility using java.
- Re-Engineered the Rapid Response Information System (RRIS) to conform to Confidential ’s new web standards and deployed to Oracle 9iAS application server.
- Designed, developed and implemented the EC (Emergency Coordination) datamart for the Federal Emergency Management Agency ( Confidential ). The EC datamart was developed to replace and web enable the fixed and ad-hoc reporting capabilities of the National Emergency Management Information System (NEMIS). ETL (Extraction, Transformation, Loading) scripts were developed using PL/SQL. The datamart was developed using Oracle Discoverer.