Confidential, Richmond, VA
Senior Supply Planner
- Perform Master Production Scheduler duties and assumed additional responsibilities.
- Create, lead, and analyze data for North American S&OP Meetings.
- Forecast skus for products produced in North America.
Master Production Scheduler
- Managed supply chain and logistics to ensure that adequate supply was available to fulfill the market needs, including management of any necessary import/export permits.
- Vendor management of contract manufacturers and packaging as part of the production/packaging planning processes.
- Created vendor POs for production and order third party components for production. Reviewed and approved vendor invoices.
- Developed sourcing requirements for raw materials.
- Developed “what if” scenarios to support the S&OP / Commercial Teams.
- Coordinated with vendors and Corporate Purchasing for alternate raw material vendors.
- Responsible for managing an internal and external team to transfer, scale up, new formulation, secondary suppliers, and validation activities.
- Coordinated all artwork approvals / changes with Quality and Regulatory.
- Provided estimated financial inventory outlook for business planning.
- Developed Shipping Qualification Protocols for alternative modes of shipping to reduce cost while remaining temperature controlled and properly secured.
- SAP SME / Super User.
Confidential, Middletown, VA
- Managed and coached five direct reports with responsibility for twelve hundred finished SKUs.
- Identified as SAP site lead (Head SAP Chair). Created and established SAP SME Team to conduct training, optimization, customization, and site support strategies.
- Streamlined the Production Meeting to be more focused with fewer representatives.
- Developed min and max levels for forty materials to reduce offsite storage costs.
- Responsible for transforming the site to be more proficient with SAP. Identified and coordinated overall Master Data review of Production, Purchasing, and Quality.
- Monitored and coordinated activities of other departments as it related to the resolution of problems affecting products that were scheduled.
- Worked with direct reports and SAP team members to understand connections between different modules and SAP transaction codes. Conducted training and informational sessions.
- Managed and lead the site S&OP process. Created reports to review capacity constraints to reduce late orders.
Confidential, Petersburg, VA
Inventory Control and Scheduling Supervisor
- Supported peers and leadership through cooperative team participation and coaching of others.
- Continued to support the Site as SAP SME via training, enhancements, creating technical / functional specifications, testing, and upgrades.
- Successfully participated as a team lead for APO installation.
- Coordinated cross training among direct reports. (Materials Coordinator and Inventory Control Specialist roles)
- Responsible for overall inventory accuracy at 99%. Created SOPs for Inventory Adjustments.
- Served as principle liaison between Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, Planning, and Manufacturing to ensure consistent alignment of scheduling for raw material receipts, dispensary, and the tank farm
- Successfully completed Bulk Inventory Reconciliation Project. This Project was responsible for allocation of $900,000 in cost per year.
- Developed an in - depth scheduling tool to plan, schedule, and track all Warehouse activities. This tool was instrumental in increasing the overall internal service levels and KPIs.
- Oversight of local bulk distributors and participates with the Sourcing Manager in the negotiation, coordination, and set up of vendor managed inventory.
Production Scheduling Supervisor / Product Manager
- Completed Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Interim Product Manager for Amphetamine Products (February to October).
- Coordinated cross training among direct reports. (Production Scheduler, Master Data Administrator, and Raw Materials Purchasing Expeditor)
- Served as SAP SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Planning and Purchasing. To include the following training, enhancements, creating technical / functional specifications, testing, and upgrades. On call twenty-four hours in support of Production / Warehousing Groups.
- Developed Inventory Roll Forward Report to forecast storage availability. Report used for expansion projects, contract negotiations, tank farm utilization, and inventory forecasting.
- Developed Visual Production Schedule to support transparency and metrics.
- Supported the end to end product ownership and the accurate planning, purchasing, and inventory management for common raw and bulk materials across multiple products.
- Developed safety stock levels for all products.
- Reduced the time on Master Data changes during financial standards from four months to one week.
Materials Coordinator / SAP Implementation Team
- Successfully conducted unit, integration, and functional testing for the SAP Implementation,
- Developed and conducted training for Inventory Control, Warehousing, and Traffic Departments.
- Also created online SAP user help guides.
- Served as SAP SME in Warehousing, Inventory Control, and Traffic Roles.
- Also served as back-up for Production SME for afterhours support.
- Coordinated with Warehouse, Production, and Quality to ensure material availability and execution of production schedule as per plan. Ensured materials were used prior to expiration as part of MRB (Material Review Board).
- Reduced material downtime from 31.8% in 2007 to 16.9 % in 2008.
Confidential, Midlothian, VA
- Responsible for teaching grades K-5, Special Education, and LD/ED Classes.
- Responsible for thirty-five warehousing and converting locations throughout, with two thousand transactions monthly.
- Performed cost analysis to determine most cost-effective Warehousing and Import locations and or shipping modes via, Ocean, Rail, LTL, Intermodal, and full truck load quantities for Export into Eastern Europe and throughout the US.
- Responsible for the monitoring, reporting, and policy enforcement of activities in the following areas: Personnel Performance Management, ISO 9000, Warehousing Performance Management, Inventory Management, and Status Reporting, Open Stock Program Management, Complaints, Invoice Approval, and Inventory Reconciliation.
- Effective management of the division inventory - accounting, aging, total level cost and turns of inventory. Overall inventory accuracy at 99.85 %.
- Successful set up of a new warehouse program, which allowed customers to draw from open stock. Two million dollar savings annually.
- Audited warehouse locations. Certified MeadWestvaco ISO Auditor.
- Administered ISO 9000 policies and procedures to reduce customer and internal complaints with individual warehouse locations. Distribution complaints were reduced over 75% in the first two years.
- Responsible for the payment of warehouse locations and/or vendors, averaging over $300,000 monthly. Assisted in design of an auto pay system, reducing the amount of vendor paper invoices.
- Assisted in cost analyses to determine most cost-effective locations and or shipping modes. Saved $200,000 in 2002 using these analyses tools.
- Responsible for developing and negotiating full truck and LTL rates.
- Monitored in-transits, damaged, aged inventory, on-time deliveries, and customer consignment inventory programs.
- Conducted training of Optivision system at Warehouse locations.
- Assisted with the operation of paper machines.