- Have more than 18 years of experience in the SAP Financials and Controlling modules (SAP FICO) and been involved in more than 9 full life cycle (including global) implementations and upgrades.
- Worked in various roles such as Senior Manager, Team Lead, Solution Architect and Senior Solution Consultant.
- SAP implementation experience spans across several industries including Telecommunications, Retail, Consumer Staples and Consumer Products, Manufacturing, Utilities, Chemicals and the Technology industries.
- Have attended both SAP and non - SAP courses and seminars. Additional non-SAP experience spans across the finance, accounting and costing disciplines.
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- Possess strong research and analytical capabilities.
Senior SAP FICO Consultant
- Delivered high-level scope analysis and solution design of the systems (SAP and non-SAP) and processes impacted for various projects
- Worked closely with the Managed Services Provider to ensure that the business requirements were correctly translated into SAP system functional requirements for Level of effort estimation
- Ensured the solution proposed was as per SAP best practices and client's business processes
- Provided support for SAP AR, AP, GL, Fixed Assets and Controlling period-end closing activities
Senior SAP FICO Consultant
- Worked closely with the business users in Merchandise, Freight, Expense and Cash Applications in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Discussed business processes and mapped them to SAP. Configured the AP and AR modules to meet the business requirements. Presented additional SAP functionality to streamline the business processes.
- Discussed the cross-module integration points with the business and the flow of data from SAP MM to SAP FI.
- Configured the Tax Procedures for Canada and US.
- Helped the users write Desktop Procedures.
- Resolved defects arising out of all the System Integration Test (SIT) cycles. Worked with the technical team on custom programs and user exits
- Participated in all the Period Close Simulation (PCS) cycles. Analyzed incoming and outgoing idocs for merchandise and freight invoices. Discussed the idoc rejects and system errors with the business users to reduce the error count
- Involved in Dress Rehearsal and go-live activities
- Provided Hypercare support post go-live.
- Worked on incident resolution and supported month-end close as part of Costco’s SAP Competency Center Team.
Senior SAP FICO Consultant
- Implemented Confidential (Data Retention Tool) to aid SAP users in meeting legal data retention requirements for tax audit purposes
- Implemented SAP's Lockbox functionality
- Implemented Plants Abroad functionality and enabled Intrastat reporting for a German entity having plants in other European nations
- Involved in various (EDI) bank conversion projects
- Worked on several production support issues and supported month-end closing activities.
SAP FICO Senior Manager
- Participated in the full life cycle Brazil implementation of Confidential Trucks and Confidential Parts, involving the SAP R/3 modules MM, IMWM, PP, FICO, SD and BI.
- The SAP FICO module included New General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, FSCM, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Product Costing (Make to Order), Material Ledger, COPA, Internal Orders, Cost and Profit Center Accounting and Data Conversion Activities.
- Data Conversion included conversion of GL, Customers, Vendors, Cost Centers and Profit Centers Master Data, AR and AP Open Items and GL balances and open items from legacy systems to SAP.
- Involved in cross module discussions with the SD, MM and IMWM consultants.
- Wrote detailed RICEFW functional specs and interacted with the technical team in the functional spec review, development and testing of the RICEFW objects.
- Involved in functional unit testing and end to end integration testing. Test scripts were loaded in HPQC and updated with the test results. Defects were tracked in HPQC. Meetings were held daily to discuss the status of the defects and their resolution
- Participated in the cutover and go-live activities
- Provided post go-live support, including month-end closing activities on SAP.
- Involved in supporting other clients and pre-sales initiatives
SAP FICO Team Lead and Solution Architect
- Managed and led a team of FICO onsite resources in the FI-GL, FI-CO, FI-TR (Treasury) and FI-PS (Project Systems) and their FI counterparts at offshore.
- Interacted with the Client, Confidential, E&Y and SAP Senior Leadership on a regular basis. All partners are involved in and working onsite on the project delivery as per E&Y Back Office Global Delivery Methodology
- Attended weekly meetings with the client and Confidential Leadership, providing regular updates
- Motivated the team and ensured that Project Milestones were met, across all project phases
- Interacted with fellow leads in SCM, NUB (Non-Utility Billing), HR, NetWeaver, BI and BPC on cross-module integration and the PMO Team
- Worked closely with the BPC and BI/BW Teams in understanding their requirements for Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting (PBF) and Consolidation and their SAP ECC 6.0 data extraction needs
- Managed client expectations and scope creep
- Held weekly meetings with the onsite and offshore FI Teams
- Attended Hub Sessions wherein client's as is and to be business processes were discussed
- Mapped the client's requirements to SAP business processes
- Data Conversion Activities - Involved in data cleansing and de-duping of master data. Converted master data (GL Account, Customers, Vendors, Cost and Profit Centers) and transactional data (AR, AP Open Items and GL Balances) from legacy systems to SAP. Executed standard SAP reports to reconcile the data uploaded in SAP to the data extracted from the legacy systems
- Involved in SAP Unit Test and Integration Test using the Test Scripts uploaded in HPQC. Defects tracked and resolved in HPQC with regular status updates
Confidential, St. Petersburg, FL
SAP FICO Enterprise Solutions Specialist
- Involved in detailed discussions with the Corporate/Regional Finance teams in gathering requirements, managing scope and setting realistic expectations of deliverables
- Participated in full life cycle implementations in bringing new sites in the Americas, Europe and Asia onto SAP. Configured GL, AR, AP, Fixed Assets, CO-CCA, CO-PCA and Internal Orders. Converted AR, AP, GL and Fixed Assets legacy data over to SAP. Involved in go-live activities and provided post go-live support.
- SAP FICO Team member that served as the highest point of escalation for issues worldwide.
- Interacted with users in the Americas, Europe and Asia, across different time zones.
- Served as the FI resource in the Supply Value Chain. Involved in logistics discussions with analysts in the SD, PU and IMWM modules.
- Worked with STO (SA)'s (Stock Transport Orders) on supply chain models aimed at optimizing the flow of materials from the vendor to the manufacturing sites. This helped reduce inefficiencies in the supply chain process and enabled the company negotiate the best price possible from the vendors by consolidating the order flow across all manufacturing sites globally through one single site (inter-company sale). This included configuring the org structure, setting up of and testing inter-company transactions, reporting, go-live and post go-live support
- Wrote detailed functional specs for various reports to be created in R/3 and BW. Interacted with the BI/BW teams in discussing the report specifics, obtaining estimates, testing and reporting bugs across the BWD and BWS clients.
- Assisted with the ECC 6.0 technical upgrade
- Worked on various CMR's (Change Management Requests)
- Involved in supporting the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes.
Confidential, Foster City, CA
SAP FICO Systems Analyst
- For a leader in digital imaging and print management solutions for commercial and enterprise printing -
- FICO resource on projects that involved integrating new acquisitions ( Confidential ) onto SAP.
- Project Manager and lead FI/CO Analyst on bringing the India office onto SAP
- Provided steady state support in the FI and CO areas including system configuration to meet new requirements
- Supported the European SAP users
- Participated in the SAP Upgrade Projects
- Involved in the SAP SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) compliance and Segregation of Duties (SOD) projects
- Involved in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities
Confidential, Durham, NC
Senior FICO Consultant
- Involved in several implementations of SAP FICO, SD and MM
- Discussed the client's business processes and determined the FI and CO module requirements for General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cost Element Accounting, Cost Center Accounting and Internal Orders.
- Configured GL, AP, AR, CEA and CCA to meet the specifications of the client's business
- Configured the integration points between MM, SD and FICO
- Prepared integration test scripts, training documentation and participated in end-user training
- Involved in go-live activities and provided post-implementation support
- Provided extended SAP FI/CO support to several clients remotely on an on-going basis after go-live.
- Involved in an ASAP implementation for Confidential , a leader in the manufacture and sale of anesthesia machines.
- The project involved the SAP R/3 modules SD, PP, MM, SM, FI and CO.
- Configured General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accountings Receivable, Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting and Internal Orders
- Involved in go-live and post go-live support