- IT professional having Nine (9) Years of experience with extensive SAP experience in Planning, Designing, Documentation, Deployment, Testing & Training Support
- Involved in 3 global Full Life Cycle Implementations from Realization and Blueprinting to Go Live Support, rollout and production support projects
- Expertise in implementing ASAP methodology on all stages of projects including Business Process Analysis, As - Is and To-Be designing, Business Blueprint Mapping, BPP (Business Process Procedure), GAP analysis to customization, Cut-Over, Deliver, Go-live, post live production support, and User training documentation.
- Experience with design and development of Finance and Controlling processes
- Controlling expertise includes Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA), Cost and Revenue Element Accounting (CO-CEL), Profit Center Accounting (EC-PCA), Profitability Analysis (CO-PA), and Product Costing (CO-PC).
- Experience in ABAP, Debugging, Smart forms, Class/Methods, User Exits, BADIs, Screen Painter, and SAP Script
- Excellent Financial Accounting expertise in Configuring & Testing New General Ledger Accounting (New G/L), Accounts Payable (FI-A/P), Accounts Receivable (FI-A/R), Bank Accounting (FI-BA), Asset Accounting (FI-AA) & Special Purpose Ledger (FI-SPL), Automatic Payment Program (APP), Dunning Special Ledger Transactions and Intercompany Transactions
- Consolidation in BPC, generation of B/S and P/L statement
- Proficient in Configuration and Integration of MM and SD (Invoicing, Billing and Pricing) with FICO and thorough understanding of the relationship between these SAP modules.
- Sound knowledge of OTC, PTP, and R2R processes, Collection and Dispute Management in FSCM module
- User Training on the processes and assistance in Developing End User Manual.
- Data Migration and Cut-over Activities: Extensive use of Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW). Involved with pre-go live activities and good rapport with ABAPers in providing guidance in uploading of legacy data, developing customized reports, etc.
- Configuration and implementation of NEW GL with excellent experience in document splitting, parallel accounting, real time integration, parallel ledger and segments, intercompany sales orders.
- Hand-on experience of Software Quality Assurance and Testing (SQAT) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Experience with developing FI/CO Test Plans, Test Cases. Test Scripts Experience in both Manual and Automated testing methods.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, processes and tools for testing of functionality, including unit, integration, system, regression and user acceptance testing, and sanity check.
- Strong Problem Solving and Analytical skills and abilities to make Balanced & Independent Decisions.
- Testing experience with HPQC.
Confidential, Provo, UT
SAP FI Lead
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Worked on migration project out os SAP: extraction programs for Vendor, Asset and Bank Master Records
- Configuration for India’s cess tax
- Worked on Indian taxation- withholding taxes, account assignments. Worked with business users for SAP-Sabrix interface issues
- Modification for WTH tax file extracted out of SAP as per IRS requirement for 1022 transmittal files
- Configuration for New general ledger for vendor down payments with automatic clearing
- Creation of queries and quick viewers, worked with ABAP consultant for custom reports
- Wrote FSDs on multiple requirements: ACH payments to Japanese bank, interface changes, screen exit BADI, User exits
- Configuration for Asset Accounting: Asset master data set up, ACRS/MACRS depreciation areas set up, depreciation methods and keys. Used LSMW to change multiple values in Asset Master Records
- Configuration for Profit Center Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, and Tax requirements
- Worked on Validation and Substitution for Financial and Cost Accounting
- Configuration for Cost Center and Asset accounting (depreciation keys, depreciation areas, account assignment, custom reports)
- Worked on custom template for zprogram by adding new fields for intercompany asset transfers
- Worked on LSMW for mass payment reversal, screen on BADI for Asset accounting requirement
- Configuration for new company code including outgoing payments and asset accounting
- ABAP query for audit requirement and BPC program for asset transfer.
SAP FI Lead for Rollout Project
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Configuration for GL, and NEW GL, Fixed Assets sub modules. Account determination maintenance for FI Integration with MM for the newly created legal entities
- Master Data creation with LSMW, intercompany postings configuration
- Worked closely with SD team on account determination and assignments, experience with pricing and condition technique in SD.
- Created functional specs from GAP analysis workshops - custom programs and reports creation
- Oversaw Design of Fixed Asset Classes, Master data, Addition, retirement, transfer and other business transactions, Federal client specific process and transaction development for accountable, personal and real property in accordance with A&D regulations to track Government owned and Company owned equipment.
- Fixed Assets: Defined Depreciation areas, Depreciation terms, and periodic processing. Configuring Account Determinations, Depreciation Keys and Number Ranges for Asset Classes. Configuring Account Assignments for Asset Acquisitions, Retirements and Inter-company transfers.
- Conducted Post-Go Live support integrated workshops for the Accounts Payable department to educate on the integrated aspects of the two modules which included GR/IR maintenance, Integration of Asset Sub ledger with main Ledger.
- Configuration of Book and Tax depreciation related Dep. /calculation Keys in accordance with Tax Regulations.
- New tax code configuration as per Taxware’s software requirements and settings, Interface modification for splitting tax portion of the vendor invoice and capturing on tax GL account.
- Developed Functional Design Specifications (FDS) for Asset Data conversion and property tax reporting.
- Unit and integration testing for the assembly cycles and component testing cycles
- Test plans and its approvals from the IT leads and Business CAT system coordination
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Participated in workshops and discussions; documented processes, issues, meeting notes etc. for configuration for COPA and VAT Tax, NEW GL
- Configured and Customized CO - General Controlling, Cost and Revenue Element Accounting, Overhead Cost Controlling, Cost Center Accounting; and Internal Orders
- Defined the Default Values for Creation of Dispute Cases, Activated Process Integration for SAP Dispute Management, Created Element Type for Case Record, Created Element Type for Case Search, Created Element Type for Case My Search, Action Profile in Case Type, Automatic Write-Off of Dispute Cases, Defined text type from Biller Direct, Assigned Case Types for Dispute Cases from SAP Biller Direct, Defined Reasons for SAP Biller Direct, Clearing Procedures in Accounting Configuration.
- Wrote Functional Specifications for Reporting in Dispute Management out of Business Warehouse (BW).Created and Reviewed the Collections work lists and established the customer specific receivables management process to improve the Customer relationships.
- Lock Box: Configured Inter-company billing process for inter-company transactions through I-docs. Configured Lockbox Processing. Customized Processing of Incoming Checks. Formatted the BAI and BAI2 format file. Defined Lockbox for better liquidity, depositing, crediting of checks, and reducing processing workload. Gathered business requirement, held meetings with Super users as well as internal IT resources in the process of Lockbox implementation.
- Worked on system design document to identify the best solution for the business users.
- Accounts Payable: updated Interface for VAT Tax (AP) project to pass multiple GL lines into SAP.
- Wrote FSD, configured Tax codes, made settings to GL Master Data.
- Worked with Vertex team (external tax system) on proper Tax code set up.
- Worked on implicit enhancement for GL clearing functionality.
- Worked on MM Integration for the workflow P2P scenarios.
- Created testing documentation and scripts for Unit and Integration test scenarios; performed testing activities, UAT, recorded results.
Confidential, San Diego CA
SAP FICO Consultant/ Full Life Cycle Implementation
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Performed an AS-IS study and came up with a TO-BE analysis, to have a complete GAP analysis.
- Lead the project teams through requirements gathering, design, and lead the team to meet the delivery dates and project milestones
- Creation of Global Template and pilot template implementation prior to global rollout.
- Responsible For Configuration & Implementation of the NEW GL with Document Splitting Functionality for Canada, Spain and Italy
- Interface set up for Taxware software, tax procedures, tax codes configuration, and account assignments.
- Involved in a lifecycle for Accounts Payable (A/P) configuration, testing, and support for payments (Project One) from project planning to “Go live” support. Responsible for Functional design and Data mapping for Master data - cost center, general ledger, House bank, WBS, Vendor master Asset master and for Ariba “ok to pay file” and outbound payment data to Ariba
- Configure the Data Medium Exchange(DME) for making payments to send the file to the bank
- Design and configuration of Automatic Payment Program for A/P including Partial Payment configuration, Payment Order, Check Management and Check Printing
- Worked on account assignment and on resolving integration issues with FI and MM functional team members.
- Performed Integration testing with other modules like MM and FI.
- Worked closely with the STP & OTC team to configure Settlement Profiles, Allocation structures and assigning the settlement rules to the Service and Process Orders. Defined posting rules to FI-structure and created settlement profiles.
- Maintained Cost-based COPA: Value Fields, defined characteristic derivation, Valuation, assigned Value Fields, Valuation Strategies, set up valuation using material Cost Estimate, assigned Costing Keys to Material Types.
- Created Assessment Cycles, Costing Sheet and Activity types.
- Maintained Versions, Plan Settlement: Receiving Version in COPA, Revaluation Keys
- Prepared test plans, defined test cases, developed and maintained test scripts in HPQC (Quality Center)
- Worked together with the project team to execute functional test cases, Integration Testing, and supported during User Acceptance Test (UAT)
- Monitored & processed various IDOC batch files for inbound & outbound interface programs
- Worked extensively with the AR and EDI team to prepare EDI 820 Mapping and prepared Test Scenarios for the incoming EDI Remittance Advice (820), EDI 812 for trading partners to provide credit or debit information to for adjustments.
- Processing of inbound IDOC using WE02, Used transaction WE19 to test inbound function module in debugging mode.
- Facilitated testing phase, worked on test cases in HPQC and requirement traceability matrix
Confidential, Berkley Heights, NJ
SAP FICO Consultant
Environment: Upgrade from SAP R/3 4.7 to ECC 6.0
- Analyzed AS-IS condition of existing system and Performed TO-BE Analysis, Gap Analysis. Configuration and Modifications to suite the client’s requirements.
- Worked on New General ledger with reduces total cost of ownership.
- Worked on Migration of New G/L through Migration Cockpit. Assist client on High level planning for New G/L Migration project.
- Worked with the development team to handle all the remediation programs according to New G/L. Migrate Report painter and Report writer reports to new G/L.
- Worked with High level management to ensure the right cutover dates for Migration.
- Assist the management to reduce the system downtime for Migration cutovers.
- Migration to New G/L: Activated the New GL, Created the Model phase for Migration, creation, Migration Cockpit, Remote service session for validation, test Validation, Delivery of service sessions and Migration Scenarios.
- Configured lockbox with BAI format and compared the hit rate on daily basis and identified one-time vendors and customers and defined separate screen layout for them.
- Asset Accounting - Defined chart of depreciation, various depreciation areas and depreciation keys, required asset classes, number ranges, and revaluation settings.
- Created new asset classes, documented the configuration process, tested new asset class by creating new assets. Designed test plans and testing scenarios and tested the same in Development client and had the user test the same in QA.
- Worked on importing data from legacy systems to SAP R/3 via Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW)
- Defined validation and substitution rules for different scenarios in Asset accounting.
- Configured Asset financial statement version, Configured asset sub numbers and group asset and Defined Organizational Structure required for Fixed Assets.
- Creating Templates for Data Migration which can be used by the Data migration Team.
- Involved in migration of GL master data, Vendor master data and Customer master data from legacy systems using SAP standard LSMW migration tool.
- Extensively worked on in Data Mapping and Conversions with migration tools like IDOCs, LSMW, and CATTs, using Call Transaction and Batch input methods
- Responsible for Profit Center Accounting (PCA), created Standard Hierarchy, Profit Centers, Dummy Profit Center, defined Document Types, Number Range Assignment, PCA planning Parameters.
Confidential, Union, NJ
SAP FICO Consultant/ Full life-cycle implementation
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Joined Realization Phase of implementation project
- Configured for vendors subject to withholding tax, interest calculations on item \ balance interest calculation, number ranges for forms, interest on arrears, account balance calculation on account balances / line items
- Defined expense accounts, revenue accounts for realized exchange rate difference, differentiated the accounts by currency, exchange rate gains, exchange rate losses and then posted to separate accounts for the individual currencies and foreign currency valuations
- Involved in the basic implementation and development of Blue Prints for the entire project lifecycle related to MM module covering the full “Procure to Pay” business process.
- Transaction Data Configuration & Processing Invoice Verification (MIRO - LIV): Maintained Invoice Receipt Tolerance Limits, Reductions in invoice, credit memos and Evaluated receipt settlements (ERS).
- Created and defined credit control areas to company code including pre-defined credit limits for customers
- Configured dunning program, dunning levels, dunning areas and dunning forms for each company at company code level. Configured payment terms for dunning, for over-due interest calculations, for down payments and automatic clearing of line items. Report specifications to ABAP programmers regarding report format objects of the report, technical information i.e. tables fields and then testing
- Configured and customized Asset Accounting Module - Copied country specific chart of Depreciation and configured depreciation areas, defined assets classes, account determinations, screen layout key, allocate number ranges to assets classes
- Defining the classes of assets, capitalization procedures and depreciation calculations. The actual procurement of assets, inter / intra-company transfer of assets, asset retirements, asset shutdowns and asset capitalizations are also designed to include all the possible business scenarios. The accounting and legal aspect of the asset management is also in-built while designing the system
- Developed a training plan and communicated with the client team on a regular basis to ensure successful execution of the plan
SAP FICO Consultant/ Full life-cycle implementation
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Analyzed the existing legacy system; gathered functional requirements through user meetings, gap analysis, and participation in process improvement teams; produced the functional requirements document
- Optimized integration of business process within FI, CO, MM, SD, and PS modules.
- Developed complex business design for all FI/CO process incorporating gaps, interfaces, reports, enhancements and data conversions from the legacy system
- Configured General Ledger - Created Master records, accounts groups, number ranges and G/L accounts for each company code, accounts maintenance and preparation to master files
- Customized screen layouts for document entry at account/document levels. Defined fiscal year variant, posting period variant, customized field status variant, customized line layout, sort variant, and total variant
- Involved in designing the tax solution for the client involving 16 European countries and 3 North American countries
- Defining the Tax procedures and integrating it with the accounting system, tax code configuration for cess tax
- Configured and customized validations and substitution rules for documents, recurring entries, correspondence, taxes, and currencies
- Configured interest calculation on account balances and line items
- Customized bank related accounting, bank master data, house banks and G/L accounts in different currencies for each bank account and Electronic Bank Statement(EBS)
- Configured Lockbox Application conforming to BAI2 format
- Configured and Customized Cash Management including Bank statements, Payment Programming, Payment Advises, Liquidity Forecasts, Bills of Exchanges
- Used LSMW for master data transfers, Helped in month end and year closing activities
- Customized order classification establishing a sophisticated system of order settlements and cost center assessment cycles. Set-up planning profile for cost center, activities, statistical key figures and cost element planning
- In Internal Orders configured various internal order types, setup allocation structure, settlement profiles and distribution rules for real orders
- In Profit Center Accounting maintained the basic setting, created hierarchy, dummy profit centers, Profit center master data, profit center groups, activity types, etc and extracted reports using PCA
- Configuring and Customizing Primary and Secondary Cost Element in Cost Element Accounting, Creation Cost Centers in Cost Center Accounting, Internal Orders, Profitability Analysis and Profit Center Accounting sub-modules
- Maintained Controlling area settings and made hierarchy and other assignments
- In Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA) created the cost centers and maintained the Standard hierarchy, assigned cost centers to cost elements. Configured Activities, Statistical Key Figures
- APP configuration, specified minimum and maximum amounts and the form for payment transfer
- Configure the vendor down payment through transaction code OBYR