- Overall 7+ years of experience in implementation SAP FI/CO project and support role
- Successfully implemented 1 Full life cycle project and 3 roll - out project - worked through the phases of requirement gathering, scope management, process analysis, GAP analysis, Business Blueprint, Realization, Testing, Go-live, post live support and training
- Implementation experience with various industries including manufacturing and service
- SAP R/3 system implementations using ASAP methodology including Business Process Reengineering, System Design, Feasibility Analysis, Configuration and Testing
- Expertise in implementation of FI modules - General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Accounting, Cash Management and Controlling modules - Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Cost Element Accounting, Internal Orders, FSCM and Treasury
- Hands on experience with integration of FI-CO modules with other modules like Materials Management (MM) and Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Expertise in using data migration tools - Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW)
- Experience with month end and year end closing process
- Experience delivering workshops with business users during blueprint and training phases
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Interact effectively with clients in order to understand business processes, derive GAP analysis and provide effective solutions
- Solid academic background in Finance and Accounting with professional experience
- Demonstrate ability to resolve issues and meet deadlines: possess strong work ethics and an assertive team player
- Implemented various stages of the Software Development such as configuration, writing functional specifications, testing, roll out, and data conversion
- Performed cutover tasks and document management for processes
- Developed Business Process & Functional Design Documents
- Mapped Documents for business users
- Maintained various masters like GL, Asset, Vendor, Service, and Customers
- Achieved critical deadlines under pressure and Developed test scripts in various conditions
FI: New & Classic General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Asset Accounting
CO: Cost Center Accounting, Cost & Revenue Element Accounting, Internal Order Accounting, Profit Center Accounting
MM: Procurement, Master data, Release procedures and Account determination
FSCM: Cash and Liquidity management, Electronic bank statement and lockbox
Integration: FI/CO integration with SD & MM
Knowledge of VIM: S/4 HANA exposure
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
SAP FICO Sr. Analyst
- The monitoring and maintenance of the FI/CO functionality in SAP (GL, AR, AP, Fixed Assets Management, Cost Controlling, Profitability Analysis, CC Accounting, PC Accounting, FSCM Treasury
- Provided support to Vistex related issues - Chargeback, Agreement, Accrual and settlement etc
- Worked on Roll out projects
- Provided technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Analyzed the errors/incidents including Intermediate Document (IDoc) rejects and system errors.
- Communicated business and functional requirements to technical and non-technical staff. Modified/created SAP configurations as per user requirement and coordinate with development team for testing in test server and production server.
- Worked with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs and recommend changes.
- Testing included unit, integration and regression testing of existing functionality along with validating and troubleshooting changes to business applications.
- Developed appropriate documentation for software enhancements and corrections. Managed priority of changes and overall requirements issue resolution process.
- The effective and efficient operation of all SAP FI/CO business processes
- Registration, prioritization, resolution and delivery of solutions following change requests or projects
- Capturing, analyzing and validating business requirements related directly and/or indirectly to finance and controlling area
- System configuration and implementation of solutions in the FI/CO area of SAP
- Collaborate with all IT members as part of a project team, work group or committee
- Develop functional specification documents and job aids
- Train business users
- Worked on Testing tools - Service now, JIRA
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
SAP FI/CO Analyst
- In the Business blueprinting phase, gathered and documented business requirements by conducting meetings with key users and drafted business blueprint documentation for Roll-out project in Europe.
- Performed GAP Analysis, documented and prototyped between current business practices and standard SAP functionality. Lead the realization, testing phase. Supported client after Go-Live
- Analyzed business requirements, determined organizational structure and classified business units/locations as company codes, cost centers and profit centers
- Configured GL, AP/AR, document postings, GL recurring entries and month-end closings
- Configured payment terms for Dunning, Over-Due Interest calculations for Down Payments and Automatic Clearing of line items and for posting net payment amounts for Cash Discounts after calculation of Cash Discounts, Under / Over Payments, write-offs and Reason Codes
- Customized bank related accounting, bank master data, house banks and G/L accounts in different currencies for each bank account
- Master data upload using LSMW
- Designed and reviewed Functional and Technical Specifications with complex development work with WRICEFW objects -Reports, Interfaces(Inbound/Outbound), Conversions (BDC), LSMW, Enhancements - USER-EXITS, SAP Test Scripts, Smart forms.
- Configured purchasing organization, purchasing groups and vendor master partner functions
- Configured the reports using Query tool (SQ01)
- Responsible for Configurations in Assets like, Copying reference Chart of Depreciation, made required settings for account determination, asset classes, screen layout rules, defining number ranges, valuation of assets in different depreciation areas, external asset acquisition, in-house asset acquisition, cross company code transfers, settings for depreciation run, Asset Explorer, Settings for automatic account assignment (FI-AA Integration)
- Worked on Chart of Depreciation, Depreciation Areas, Depreciation simulations, Asset Classes, and Balance Carry Forward and reorganized accounts for various Cost and Profit centers and programmed schedules and Jobs
- Creation of technical spec using U-perform tool
- Preparation and Presentation of financial statements
- Maintenance of total Purchases and sales ledgers
- Transactions of Banking Accounts - (A/c Payables and A/c Receivables)
- Preparation for Vendor Payments & Customers Receivables
- Preparation MIS Reports
- Dealing with Taxation matters includes sales tax and service tax calculations
- Advances and payments to employees and settlements