- Overall 17 years of experience out of which 10 years of SAP Functional consultant role with PP - QM as core skills combined with good working knowledge of SAP WM, SD, MM and touch points with FICO.
- Handled teams of up to 9 functional consultants from various SAP modules.
- SAP Production planning certified consultant
- SAP PP: Excellent Implementation and Configuration experience in Production planning and Production Execution, Master Data, Demand Management, MPS, MRP, Org. elements, Plants.
- Expertise in configuration of process industry solutions, handling recipe management, resources, order type configurations, recipe management.
- Experience of SAP interfaces with external applications (Manugistics, Oracle Transportation management etc.)
- Extensive usage of user exits for enhancement, writing functional designs specs, integration testing, training and documentation
- WM- PP interface, WM-QM integration, WM-SD integration, outbound and inbound delivery processing & RF operations.
- Subcontracting cycle, Inter and intra company STO, consignment cycle, cycle counts.
- Proven ability to manage medium size project teams enabling seamless and in time delivery.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills with problem solving abilities, effectively working within the team, as an independent player and successful team lead.
- Lead a team of cross functional SAP consultants for Quarterly and 6 monthly releases encompassing various enhancements.
- Translated high-level Business requirements into detailed Functional Specifications to initiate and support developers’ work on Custom Programs, Reports, Forms, Interfaces and Enhancements.
- Did successful MRP implementation for Lafayette and Decatur plants and linked enhancements to keep short term plan protected from changes. Also did user training for MRP concepts and master data setup. Also guided users on capacity planning and evaluation.
- Other enhancements include creation of Custom report for tracking Goods in Transit for Interco Sales and purchases including info like invoicing and shipment processing status.
- Lead rollout of 02 subcontracting plants at Japan including and activities like requirement gathering Configuration, testing, user training, UAT, ensuring master data/Go live readiness and Hyper care support and coordination of activities linked to SAP MM, SD and FICO modules with corresponding track contact points.
- Worked on the material master interface from SAP to OTM for the TMS project. Worked on enhancement that Enabled Warning message at picking in case of FEFO violation for a given ship To during OBD processing using standard and custom T codes.
- Did rollout for new Distribution center in Boleraz (Slovakia) having functions like STO from Manufacturing plant, Quality inspection/COA and Sales to external customer and rework process orders.
- Requirement gathering workshops and interacted with the shop floor people to understand the AS-IS process.
Support and Project Lead
- Lead a team of cross functional team of SAP and Non SAP consultants.
- Offshore lead of STS track for Application Maintenance Support Project at Confidential .
- Reduced issues related to Process order reversals by 50% by creating detailed process notes catering to different reversal scenarios.
- Resolved high impact issue of incorrect planned order opening dates resulting in saving of $90,000 annually to correct the data manually besides avoiding a risk of incorrect planning.
- Anchored solution design and POC for saving USD 250,000 incurred annually on Demurrage charges due to coffee staying at port location for more than stipulated time.
- Played a key role and got appreciation during knowledge transfer of project transition to Confidential .
- Assisting ABAP team for improvement/Bug fixing of Customized T codes/Reports.
- Well versed in troubleshooting of issues related to data flow between SAP and Legacy systems.
- Preparation of Process notes for ensuring standardization and prevention of issues recurrence.
- Perform functional testing with regards to SAP Production Planning and Quality Management modules during Upgrades.
- Conduct Root cause Analysis of recurring/critical issues and suggest corrective and Preventive action.
- Anchor proof of concept (POC) development to validate proposed solution and reduce technical risk.
- Working on Continuous improvement by analyzing the incident trends and providing incident reduction ideas as well as automation/simplification of processes.
- Verified impact of about 500 custom T codes/ Interfaces for achieving a unified calendar and anticipate/correct possible impacts.
- Worked with master data team for developing the master data transfer/upload programs for transferring PP/QM/SD master data from Heinz Landscape to Kraft one for supporting Confidential integration.
Support and Project Lead
- Understanding & documentation of business process
- Core user training on masters & production, Quality execution cycle.
- Worked on Configuration, customization synchronization, developments & authorization matrix.
- Master data templates prepared & provided to core user to collect data from legacy system.
- Preparation of User training documents, unit & integration testing.
- Configured and executed the Shop Floor activities including creation of orders, conversion of planned orders, order release, availability check, shop floor papers, and order confirmations, Goods Receipt, order information systems.
- Experience in Batch Management with classification and Batch search strategy.
- Implemented Enhancements with the function module exits in process order execution.
- Worked on integration with CO module: Standard cost Estimate, Month end processes like WIP, Variance calculation & settlement
- Configured the QM master data Sampling procedures, master Inspection characteristics, Inspection methods, Inspection Setup, Inspection plans.
- Designed, Implemented and Configured Inspection Lot Creation, Results Recording, Defects Recording, Inspection Lot Completion, and Sample Management for Quality Inspections.
- Recurring Inspection and Deadline monitoring.
- Gathered requirements and created functional requirement documents to customize the Certificate of Analysis, Specifications, and quality labels.
- Co-ordination with SAP ABAP Programmers by giving functional specifications for customization according to user requirements.
- Well versed in LSMW for data migration & SAP queries for reporting
- Worked on implementing user exits & Applying OSS Notes
- Meet regularly with SAP core users to evaluate & or suggest changes in process.
- Go Live support for post implementation issues. Investigates user problems & determines root cause. Take corrective action either through configuration changes, master data changes.
- Experience in writing and presentation of training documentation, end user training and post implementation support.
- PP-QM related testing during Upgrade from ECC 5.0 to ECC 6.0
- Manage SAP Production planning team as super user.
- Create and formulate work instruction for planning and production process.
- Train new employees on manufacturing execution processes in SAP
- Assist shop floor users in resolving SAP related issues
- Lead teams in internal and external audits
- Managing overall responsibility of Production Planning and Monitoring Manufacturing process. Capacity planning, manpower planning, Ensure material availability.
- Handling a gamut of tasks pertaining to Receiving, In process & Final Quality, customer complaints, Supplier evaluation, selection, conducts performance rating.
- Rendering technical support to resolve problems in process.
- Use of SAP to monitor the consumption trends of critical items.
- Conducting continuous improvement projects, adopting the Fool Proof System (Poka Yoke), 7-QC tools.
- Training, development, motivation and appraisals of workers and subordinates.
- Created value by achieving the targets viz. reducing rejection, achieving first pass yield, improving productivity, achieving service level at more than 98% as well as nil accidents.
- Performed Kaizen activities for productivity and quality improvement as well as carried out Lean Manufacturing activities, Poka Yoke & setup time reduction and 5S implementation.
- Controlled the rejection by implementing SPC.
- Responsible for Electroplating and case assembly department with expertise in Physical vapor deposition process.
- Also responsible for generation of Monthly production plan to meet customer requirement.