- Around 14 years of experience in SAP R/3 - ABAP/4 Development, Purchasing, Sales and Distribution, Ware House Management, User Security.
- Experience with full life cycle Implementations, Production Support & Maintenance, Upgrades, and Global Roll outs in the various functional areas - MM, SD, Confidential, FI/CO, QM, PP, IS-Oil, HR, APO, AFS and CRM interfaces
- Proficient in analysis of Business requirements, Function Specifications, Developing Technical Specifications, Preparing the Test Scripts and updating the Script with actual results.
- Strong knowledge & hands on building Interfaces with BO D Services/ GCOMMERCE/ BAPI/ File/ ALE/ BizTalk as Middleware components.
- Extensive work experience in ABAP/4, BDC, LSMW, ALV Reports, ABAP Objects, Interactive Reports, BAPI, RFC, User Exits, Customer Exits, BADI, Business Transaction Events, EDI, IDOC, Dialog Programming, SAP Script, Smart Forms, and SAP Query.
- Expertise in Problem Solving, Performance Tuning, Runtime analysis, SQL Tracing tools, Debugging, Transport Management System, Code Optimization techniques and trouble shooting skills for Interfaces using RFC’s ALE & IDOCs with Middleware.
- Expertise in Data Migration by creating and processing Batch Input using Session, Call Transaction Method and LSMW for data transfer from Legacy Systems to SAP Systems.
- Hands-on experience in supporting Pack Upgrade using SPAU, SPDD and applied several OSS notes using SNOTE and manual steps.
- Having conceptual knowledge of Workflows and Web Dynpro.
- Expertise in implementing the quality processes during development cycle, reporting to the QA reviewer, submitting metrics for the project, preparing client status report and resource plan.
- Excellent exposure in interacting with clients and providing coordination between onsite and offshore.
- Strong Excel expertise to analyze the data.
- Hands on experience in BO Data Services (BODS).
- Hands on experience in Business Objects (BO).
- Experience in ASAP and Agile Methodologies
- Efficient Team Member/Team Lead with Excellent Work/Time Management Skills and Cross-Functional Awareness, Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills.
- Worked on integrating AWR (Advanced Replenishment System) and Talking Pictures (TP) with SAP system.
- Worked with Purchasing, Operations teams and improved processes.
- Involved in business meetings, projects approval, planning and proposals.
- Experienced in implementing user security profiles, roles, authorization objects and involved in SAP audit.
ERP: SAP R/3 3.1, 4.6C, 4.7, ECC 6.0
SAP: ABAP, MM, SD, Confidential, FICO, PP, IS-Oil, APO, DP, CRM, and Solution Manager.
Interfaces: ALE, IDOC, BAPI, RFC, EDI, GCOMMERCE and BizTalk.
Tools: SAP Rev Track, CHARAM, Mercury, iSupport and SDMS.
Operating Systems: Windows, Windows 98/2000, XP, Linux
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Systems Technology Engineer
- Instrumental in implementing SAP ECC 6; gathered requirements, created functional and technical documents, configured system, and provided go-live support
- Introduced Vendor Direct Purchase process which helped company to sell more parts than it stocks; with this process customer is satisfied and no need for our company to carry slow moving or more space occupied parts.
- Developed Customer, Order simulate, and Order Submit BAPIs to interact with Web from SAP. Also improved ATP BAPI’s performance; this helped the browsing experience on Web for the Customer.
- Implemented custom cycle counting process to not affect the picking by order process and to be able to manage counting for fast and slow moving SKU’s.
- Improved receiving (put-away) process in the warehouse by implementing Inbound License Plate (ILP) project; this improved put-away process drastically for users in warehouse; provided reports showing discrepancies between Purchasing and Warehouse operations.
- Generated AP resolution reports for the price mismatch between vendor invoice and purchase order price.
- Re-designed Invoice, Credit memo, Packslip, prelim and final route sheet outputs.
- Built Tagging process so that drivers collect right amount when a delivery is made to COD Customers; this also helped Accounting Department to track the payments.
- Enhanced Customer Statements according to business and customer needs.
- Built process to generate Price List for Customers, showing prices for all SKUs based on the Customer Price Group.
- Automated the vendor return order process to send the core and warranty parts based on weight, quantity or dollar value; with new process warehouse is able to return the materials on time and AP is able to get the credits for the returns.
- Developed a new program to convert multiple MRP requisitions into one STO using availability, fair-share rule and other required MRP elements. Designed a process flow to communicate different groups of operations to report issues while creating from MRP requisition to Transfer order creation.
- Integrated AWR (Advanced Warehouse Replenishment) planning system with SAP using IDoc’s.
- Designed process to create new plant seamlessly without any hassles.
- Sales persons are giving discounts to the customers by checking the internal price VPRS condition on the sales transactions. Developed authorization objects and profiles to hide VPRS cost condition across all the sales transactions.
- While moving branch from one location to another location operations will block the stock for selling. MRP configuration will exclude the blocked stock and MRP run will request more from the distribution centers. Fixed the issue using MRP Badi to consider blocked stock into available stock for certain storage types while creating MRP requisitions.
- While write-in or write-off the physical count differences, operation people are spending lot of time for investigating the material movements, stock analysis, purchase orders and previous adjustments. Built functionality for Warehouse managers, supervisors to see all the information at one place and provided ability to clear the differences.
- Allowed only return storage location stock on vendor returns using a Badi implementation.
- Solved some critical issues in MM module- while creating STO’s, return storage location stock is also considering as available stock. Identified and fixed the configuration to exclude the return storage location stock while requirements calculation.
- To improve the WH picking performance, created deliveries based on certain combination criteria’s. Based on material loading group and storage types, dropped deliveries using data transfer routines.
- Excluded freight condition for customers who are used their Freight account number using requirement routines.
- For reporting purpose, captured the sales order price condition values into subtotal fields using copy routines on the pricing procedure.
- Validated the % of freight discount using requirement routines. If the freight discount is more than 100% then error the condition on the order.
- For vendor return orders, added a new condition to match the price with moving average price or standard price of the material and adjust the total value accordingly using calculation routines.
- Enhanced customer line item display transaction as per the business requirements to populate Sales Order details.
- Designed and developed a report in SAP to show web images of the SKUs.
- Some of the ground customer orders got impacted due to incorrect packing of the material quantities. Designed and developed RF program to create HU, create tracking label, do the goods issue and improved the accuracy of the customer orders.
- While put-away of vendor orders, some of the SKU’s are missing the UPC or mismatch with system EAN no. WH user’s time is wasted to do analysis and fix the barcodes for the materials. Created a RF process to communicate with purchasing person to fix the UPC code for the SKU and print the label at WH printer.
- Identified the RF programs which are needed to be performance improved, developed Beta transactions with optimized logic, tested with limited user group and implemented the solution across the company.
- Implemented several OSS notes for improving performance, fixing the PRD issues.
- Analyzed frequently occurred transaction dumps and addressed the cause of errors.
- Material is created in legacy system Talking Pictures at company code level and material data will be come as an IDoc to SAP. Added functionality to extend the material to all plants, storage locations and Warehouses.
- Created an Outbound interface that will collect Good receipts for vendor direct purchases and inter branch transfers to planning system.
- Provided Net sales and Gross profit reports to the sales team and Management.
- Taken care of creating vendor payment terms according to the merchandising department requirements.
- Sales people are changing sensitive fields on Sales order view and allowing customer to get more discounts based on the price group. Using authority objects and enhancements, restricted the sales users not to change sensitive fields.
- Worked with Business Analyst in translating business requirements and Functional Requirements into Detailed Technical Design Documents.
- Involved in the unit testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Followed coding standards for the developments and continuously monitor and audit myself to ensure to meet the quality goals.
- Handled SAP user audit project and minimized the cost of user licenses by categorizing the user group correctly.
- Maintained user security roles and authorization for SD, MM, Confidential and FI module users.
Senior Application Developer- SAP ABAP
- Involved in South African project and Austrian rollout projects.
- Worked as a SAP Tech Lead and responsible for design, develop and deliver new and complex solutions to client by way of integrating other modules of SAP to meet business and user requirements.
- Supported in early Go-live activities, Service pack upgrade, resolving SPAU/SPDD errors.
- Designed and developed an interface for the CMS (Complaint Management System) for sending the order, invoice and tracking information to the customer to web in xml format.
- Developed customer return order process using module pool programs.
- Enhanced all RF transactions to capture RF user activity to help measuring the user utilization.
- Provided an option to release specific Prepaid Payment term customer lines to Credit Card Payment terms, to be picked up in the batch job to charge automatically on the credit card and release the orders.
- Developed many classical, interactive ALV and object oriented reports in SD, MM and Confidential areas.
- Validated Pricing Condition to find the right exchange rate while posting the COGS based on the posting date.
- Developed interactive bin status report with additional fields for the operations purpose.
- Developed a report to show info record condition prices for all vendor materials.
- Worked on LSMW’s to migrate customer and vendor master data from Legacy systems to SAP.
Senior ABAP Lead Consultant
- Worked as Interface Lead responsible for design, technical solutions, and developing Inbound/Outbound interfaces with third party tools Message Broker.
- Automated the closing and opening of FI periods based on calendar.
- Developed batch program to create and update of customer master records.
- Developed file interfaces to send FI G/L data, material movement’s data.
- Worked extensively on Confidential modules for the Denmark ware houses and developed custom transactions for replenishment of stock.
- Enhanced CM25 (Capacity Level Planning) transaction to create a link between Shoe Planned/Production Order, Upper Planned/Production Order for the materials “push distribution” is set.
- Worked on a user exit to validate the available payment terms per company code while creating the customer.
- Developed an interface for updating vendor confirmation dates on Purchase Order that are received from Vendor excel sheet.
- Enhanced the ORDRSP message type to create vendor ASN’s from IDoc’s.
- Developed efficiency report, which is used by whole organization from managers to line leader to measure the performance on a work center per shift based on the output quantity/quality. Based on this report output bonus calculation is performed for the factory employees for that work center.
- Developed an interface to update into custom table to maintain all shoe box labels that have EU sizes and the corresponding US sizes.
Sr. ABAP Consultant
- Worked in quality team to minimize the occurrence of defects while in the maintenance.
- Worked on several custom reports while rollouts and after go-live.
- Performance tuning, SQL query enhancements, code enhancements to achieve performance targets.
- Proactive identification of tickets, risks and timely recommendation, resolutions to improve Customer Satisfaction ratings.
- Developed a report for monitoring the Sales order to Invoice status.
- Developed Bill of Lading output using smartform.
- Worked on a user exit to validate dangerous goods while creating the sales order.
- Support On-call during the weekdays apart from the regular work.
- Developed smartform for dunning notices.
- Developed a utility transaction to print any kind of Sales document.
- Developed a RF program to enable users to enter tank gauge data and upon successful execution of transaction and the status of the Physical Inventory Document is displayed.
- Enhanced customer master transaction to accommodate additional fields on the screen.
- An interface is developed to extract the data from BW interface info provider and creates a file on application server on monthly basis; from there it will be passed to GCAT system.
- Responsible for design and develop customer requirements.
- Developed utility programs to monitor batch jobs and transport requests.
- Made changes on Packslip outputs.
- Developed a report to show the in transit stock for the vendor purchase orders.
- Prepared Technical Specifications for all functional requirements.
- Developed an Inbound interface that will automatically create delivery confirmations on purchase order based on the vendor file.
- Enhanced Sales item list transaction to view sales and invoice details.
- Extensively worked on classical and interactive reports.
- Worked on change requests, service requests.
- Developed function module for goods receipt in Warehouse management.
- Worked on SD and MM production support tickets.
- Developed a utility module pool program to complete processing of customer returns.
- Around 7 years’ experience in Procurement and Erection of Plants.
Sr. Engineer (Erection)
- Actively involved in erection, testing, commissioning of 12MW Clarion Power at Ongole for Confidential materials.
- Actively involved in erection, testing and commissioning of Sponge Iron plant at Jamshedpur.
- Involved in procurement and project execution process at several stages.
Jr. Engineer (Erection)
- Survey of new lines, extending the power lines, erecting the power transformers and gathering of requirements from the farmers for the improvement of power supply.
- Involved in erection, testing and commissioning of 11KV, 33KV, 132KV power lines, 15 KVA, 63 KVA and 100 KVA transformers.