- Over 15 years of IT experience with 10+ years of functional experience in SAP FI/CO.
- Expertise in Configuring, Designing, Developing, Testing, Trouble shooting, Documenting and Reporting in FI/CO and BI/BW.
- Part of 3 Full Life Cycle Implementations and two Production Support environments in SAP R/3 & ECC 6.0
- Excellent Controlling expertise including Material Ledger, CO - PA, Product Costing (CO-PC), CCA, Project Systems and PCA.
- Excellent reporting skills across all functional areas of SAP ( MM, PP, SD, FI/CO) with COPA, Report Painter, SQ01 and BI(BEx Query Designer/Analyzer).
- Financial accounting expertise including configuring General Ledger (FI-GL), Accounts Payable (FI-AP) and Accounts Receivable (FI-AR)
- Active involvement in business re-engineering processes in the various industry segments to help achieve operating turnarounds.
- Great Ability to either work independently or as part of a cross functional team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Winner of Dell Bronze award for outstanding contribution in 2014
SAP Material Ledger / Product Costing Consultant
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Presently leading the integration effort with 3C software, which will provide a more precise view of value additions (material, labor and overhead) across various stages of aircraft manufacturing. Project is expected to save over $2 Million every year, by providing better visibility for cost controls.
- Implemented Material Ledger Distribution of usage variance, to assign scrap costs back to the production process. The project helped distribute over $1Million in scrap costs, back to the production process and provided a more accurate cost visibility in the aircraft manufacturing process.
- Implemented Material Ledger Variance Account Simplification, to consolidate the accounting transactions from 27 accounts to just over 3 accounts, saving several man days during each accounting close.
- Developed the enterprise costing strategy to pick up standard price from Source list, Purchasing documents and Purchase info records thus eliminating the need to manually populate the PP1 field in the material master.
- Worked on setting up the Material Ledger Alternative Valuation Run (AVR) to give a PUP cumulated over multiple periods.
- Several custom ABAP Reports, to help production, finance and manufacturing groups get a better feel for the production process.
- Configured Cost Center splitting structure, Splitting rules and calculation of actual labor rate.
- Configured Settlement profile, allocation structure, source structure, WIP and Result Analysis for production order period end process (product cost by order).
- Implemented Return Material Authorization (RMA) project, to better handle customer returns process. The new process valuates the return materials more accurately, tracks repair costs and facilitates delivery of repaired materials quickly to the customer.
SAP CO(Product Costing) Consultant
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Was instrumental in creating the business blueprint and obtaining sign-off from the business managers.
- Performed the GAP analysis between the AS-IS system and the proposed TO-BE system.
- Configured controlling area, assign number ranges to controlling area, assign company code to controlling area, maintained cost center standard hierarchy.
- Configured activity type planning, planning Statistical Key Figures, Primary Cost planning, Planned Cost Accrual Calculation, Periodic reposting, Plan assessment and distribution cycles, Activity Input Planning, Indirect Activity Allocation.
- Calculation bases, percentage overhead rates, quantity based overhead rates for costing sheet in Product Cost Controlling (CO-PC).
- Defined costing type, valuation variant, date control, quantity structure control, and transfer control and reference variants for defining costing variant.
- Defined parameters for price update in standard cost estimate and inventory cost estimate and defined settings for reference and simulation costing and adhoc cost estimate.
- Defined variance keys, valuation variants for WIP and scrap, target cost versions for variance calculation and result analysis keys, results analysis version, valuation methods, line ids and assignment for work in process (WIP).
- Configured and Customized Product Cost Planning (material costing with Quantity Structure) and Cost Object controlling including product cost by order, by period (manufacturing orders) and by sales order. These configurations and customizations also involved costing variants, valuation variant, cost component structures, cost component splits, additive costing, costing sheets, work-in-process, variances, co-products, scrap, result analysis and settlements. Worked as liaison between business and Basis teams to develop several custom reports.
- Configured Profitability Analysis- Defined Operating Concern, defined Characteristics and its Values, Value Fields, Account based and Costing based Profitability Analysis.
- Developed Profitability segments such as Customer groups, Product groups, Customer zip codes and Product hierarchies for analyzing profitability results.
- Enterprise business Reporting spanning ALL modules of SAP ( SD, MM, PP and FI/CO ) with Report Painter ( ECC 6.0 ), CO-PA ( ECC 6.0 ), SQ01 ( ECC 6.0 ) and BEx Query Designer/Analyzer( BI 7.x ).
- Played a leading role in the effort to develop SAP BO / SAP BW as the Enterprise Business Reporting platform to replace business unit specific BI solutions like Microsoft SSRS, Targit, etc. Evaluated several vendors including Cognos, Microstrategy, Business objects, etc to pick the vendor before selecting Business Objects. Provided architectural guidance on cube design, ETL transformations, deployment architecture, release strategy, etc. The solution gives comprehensive reports in FI/CO, SD, MM, PP modules.
- Participated in creating User Acceptance Tests, Regression Tests, and end user training.
- Supported the client in post launch session. Documented vital changes, performed system tests and training the members in client team.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Participated in defining and analyzing the project objective, followed by gap analysis.
- In Product Costing, Configured standard Cost estimates in Cost object controlling for production orders, Configured WIP calculations, variance calculations, maintained settlement structures and handled month end closing procedures for production order.
- Configuring and Customizing Product Cost Planning (material costing with Quantity Structure) and Cost Object controlling including product cost by order, by period (manufacturing orders) and by sales order. These configurations and customizations also involved costing variants, valuation variant, cost component structures, cost component splits, costing sheets, work-in-process, variances, co-products and joint-products, scrap, result analysis, settlements.
- Analyzed the profitability segments taking into various considerations like customer group, material group, product line and different market segments in costing based CO-PA.
- Configured Operating concern, created custom characteristics, used various derivation techniques like table lookups and derivation rules, and mapped SD condition types to value fields.
- Defined valuation strategy and profitability segments. Configured PA Transfer structures for transferring values from FI and controlling to CO-PA.
- Configured automatic account assignment for transferring values from MM to CO-PA.
- Creation of house banks and configuration of Automatic Payment Program including paying company code, country payment methods, and payment methods in company code and bank selection criteria.
- Configured the Accounts Receivable module including terms of payment, interest calculation, reason codes, default account assignments and employee tolerances.
- Configured Lockbox setup, defined control parameters for BAI2 file import, which provided different level of detail of the incoming payment. Defined posting rules for processing Electronic Bank payments.
- Creation and delivery of user training documentation to support the first month end close process.