- An IT professional with close to 9 yrs. of techno - functional experience in Confidential, Bangalore. Expertise in Software Development in ABAP; extensively in the area of SAP Banking focusing on Loans and Deposits Management; i.e. Confidential (Consumer & Confidential ) and Confidential .
- Worked on end to end product development of banking modules based on Agile Development methodologies using design thinking approach and have an excellent ABAP programming skillset.
- Handled the releases Ehp5, EhP6, Ehp7 in all the phases of SAP Loans Management (CML) which includes various responsibilities spanning across requirement collection, architecture, design, data modeling, development, testing until Go-To-Market.
- Involved in the roadmap, vision, mentoring and development of China localization project which involved understanding Chinese banking requirements, gap identification in the standard SAP product and covering the gap via ABAP programing. Travelled to China to work exclusively with Chinese peers.
- Thorough knowledge of procedural and OO ABAP concepts that includes screen programming, reports, data dictionary, BAPI, BADI, BDT, Authorization objects, Enhancement framework.
- Experience in Performance Tuning & Analysis using ABAP/4 Runtime Analysis Tool and SQL trace for query optimization to improve overall performance of several progra ms.
- Created several archiving objects and ABAP reports for archiving transactional and master data from database.
- Worked closely with the support and maintenance team in fixing customer issues during upgrades.
- Was closely involved in the roadmap vision of service enablement of CML.Have developed a good understanding of SOA, PIC process and API usage in service enablement.
- Developed several API that covers end to end loan processes such as disbursement, payoff, capitalization, deferral, charges, loan updation etc. to be consumed directly by SOA services.
- Good Knowledge of SAP HANA Modelling via HANA Studio, Designing Schemas, Creating Packages, Attribute View, Analytical View, Calculation view, CDS views, Analytical Privileges, Procedures. Worked on OData services, mobile application development using SAP fiori.
- Worked closely with several customers and have developed several Proof of Concepts which were then productized as part of SAP standard delivery. One of them was side panels for SAP screens. This allows providing more information on SAP screens which can include analytics or data from other transaction. Travelled to SAP headquarters, Germany to personally meet and interact with customers.
- Built screen personas for CML product which converts the UI to a customer personified view so that the SAP screens look crisp without any unwanted functionalities.
- Experienced in understanding the business processes of different banks and mapping it with the SAP functionalities based on loans and deposits.
- Automated several test cases using automation tools like Confidential . Managed QA-QC tasks that involved writing test cases, mapping requirement, manual and regression testing, test plan - test package maintenance, defect analysis, test planning, reporting and retrospection.
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE:
- ABAP programming
- SAP Banking Products
- Agile and Lean Methodology
- Data Archiving
- SAP Side Panel
- SAP HANA
- SAP Personas
- Performance Tuning
- FICO overview
- Service Oriented Architecture
- API Development
- Enhancement Framework
- Excellent Debugging Skills
- Functional and Regression Testing
- Automation of manual test cases using ECATT.
- Performance Testing and ECATT script maintenance
- Defect Analysis
- Requirement Tracing
- Test Planning and Reporting
- API Testing using SOAP UI
- Black box and white box testing
- Customer Acceptance Testing
- Developed several API’s that covered end to end functioning of various bank processes such as Loan Creation, updation, disbursement, charges, payoff, deferral, rollover etc.
- Understanding the screen based application and rewrite the functionality in an API.
- Lead and coordinate with other developers in analysis, design, development and testing of all the API’s.
- Planning, analysis and execution of PIC process. Engage in PIC reviews to achieve maximum reuse of GDT’s.
- Prepare high level design documents.
- Development of services for various CML functionalities, implementation of various façade classes that includes external data validation, internal to external mapping and vice versa.
- Optimization of existing SQL queries using HANA CDS views for enhancing performance of EOD jobs.
- ABAP development on HANA using various modelling tools for data analytics.
- Customer ticket analysis and note creation for bug fixes.
- Leading and mentoring activities as a scrum master by coordinating on project planning, daily tasks and moderating takt reviews and retrospection meetings based on Lean methodologies.
- Developed a prototype for side panels on Confidential client which was demoed to various customers during the DSAG (German-speaking SAP User Group) meet and many customers showed interest in the prototype. So customer specific requirements were collected and side panel chips were developed and productized using Design Thinking Methodology.
- Using the Side panel chips SAP transactions now display various context related information on the same screen, this could include data from other transactions or analytics related to the data on the transaction.
- Created a Personas prototype for CML to make the SAP GUI screens more usable as well as more visually appealing. This too was presented to the customers in DSAG.
- Was involved in the vision, planning and execution of China localization of CML product. The first Chinese customer win was possible as a result of this project.
- Chinese banking requirements had to be analyzed and possible gaps in the CML product had to be identified. These gaps related to various topics such as capitalization of overdue items, payoff of a loan, interest on arrears etc. had to fixed as part of this localization product and was delivered to the customers. This involved interacting and working with several teams across different countries and was a successful one.
- Worked exclusively on reports, function modules, authorization and enhancements framework, BAPI’s, BADI’s, non-disruptive development.
- The retrofit project gave plenty of exposure to the Loans functionality, worked on transaction level authorizations, workflow functionality, screen programming, adding soft switches to enhancement packages.
- Developed read, write, delete, display and reload reports for model calculation, loan contact, applications and offers. This involved authorization checks on the report, archiving logic, working with ALV, select option, range objects and XML data.
- Analysis of the various tables in CML product and their interconnectivity while archiving them.
- Integration of CML with policy management and collateral management and business partner.
- Developed a dynamic report that dynamically changes the remaining input fields based a few a few fields. This was a complex development as it involved displaying huge combination of data based on certain requirement.
- Automation of manual test cases using ECATT tool.
- Manual functional testing and understanding the product customizing.
- Worked on defect analysis report post MIT and AT.
- Moderating code, specification and design reviews and
- Execution and maintenance of existing auto scripts on a weekly basis.
- Analyzing the erroneous logs as part of regression testing and identifying application errors in the product during code changes.
- Analysis of customer messages to enhance our test scripts accordingly to avoid further customer escalations.