- Around 11+ y ears of IT experience in SAP SCM, Dataware housing (Cognos) and business technology solutions: design, analysis, development, documentation, coding and implementation. Emphasis with Master Data Management for Customer Master, Material Master and Vendor Master data.
- Experience with modules of Master Data Management (MDM), SAP Master Data Workflows, SAP MM Procurement, SAP APO - DRP, Master Data Governance (MDG) and JD Edwards.
- Have experience and knowledge on handling various SAP Master Data Objects including Material Master, Customer Master, Vendor Master, Address Master and Financial Objects.
- Expertise in SAP Data Center Migration, design, planning and execution and performing conversion activities related to all ERP modules (Logistics, Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution, Finance, Planning, WM).
- Solid Understanding on BAPI’s, BADI’s, Functional modules , EDI and ALE using partner type, partner profile, message type, Inbound and outbound parameters , Batch Management IDOC’s interfaces for Purchasing and inventory activities related to Purchasing and Inventory Management between the SAP and Non- SAP systems.
- SAP MDG Implementation and support including Data modeling, Process modeling, UI Configuration & Data Replication techniques.
- Baseline configurations (IMG), interfaces, and conversions for Material Masters, Business Partners, Vendors and Customers.
- Working knowledge of SAP R/3 modules interfacing, integration tables and transactions, functionalities like Organization structures, customization of Global MDM, Material Master (MM), Vendor Master Assignment, good issue, goods receipt, transfer posting, purchase orders and requisition.
- SAP CRM/ECC Master Data Creation and Maintenance: Business Partner/Customer Master Data, Vendor Master, Marketing Attributes, Product Master Data, Pricing Conditions and Organizational Master.
- Configured Organizational Elements: Company code, Purchasing Organization, Plant and Storage locations, MRP areas, Sales Org, Trading Partner and Payment Terms.
- Experienced in loading Master and Transactional data from various sources into SAP ECC modules such as Sales & Distribution and Materials, Financial, Logistics and Warehouse Management.
- Expertise in SAP Tables, Fields, ABAP Query: Simple reports, Debugging.
- Expertise in SAP BI development working with Data Mapping, Data Migration, Data Conversion and loading Data by LSMW, ETL Data Stage and data cleansing, data enrichment and testing cycles.
- Preparation of test scripts and update the test results with proper testing for end to end business scenarios.
- Deep knowledge of data manipulation from flat files and spreadsheets; using VLOOKUP (Excel), sorting and filtering techniques to prepare load-ready data.
- Strong Knowledge in Planning, Designing, developing and deploying Data warehouses/Data Marts by Following Star Schema and Snowflake Schema Methodology with experience of both relational and multidimensional database design using Data Modeling tool ERwin (Physical and Logical data models).
- Experience on Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence experience using ETL, OLAP/ Cognos 10.2/8.4 Series.
- Extensive database experience using Oracle 12.x/11/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, MS Access, MS Excel, SQL and PL/SQL.
- Involved in writing SQL Stored procedures, Views, Triggers, and Packages using Oracle.
ERP Tools: SAP ECC 6.0, CRM 7.0 /APO(SPP)/ EWM - SCM
SAP ECC - Master Data Maintenance-: SAP BW Design Studio, JD Edwards 9.1
SAP Master Data Management (MDM)/MDG: SAP MDM 5.5/7.1, MDG 6.1/7.0/8.0 - Data, Process and UI Modeling. Data Replication Framework, BRF+, DRF
SAP Data Migration: LSMWs, Data Quality, Data Consolidation. ALE/RFCs/Idocs, Winshuttle
Development Tools: TOAD, SQL Query Analyzer, ABAP Debugging
Databases: Oracle8i/9i/10g/11.x,MS SQL server 2008/2012, DB2 UDB, MS Access, Teradata 12.0/13.x/14.x
OLAP/BI/ETL Tools: COGNOS Series 10.2/8.4 BI Suite, Business Objects, Data Stage 8.x/11.x
Testing Tools: HPQC ALM 11.0/12.0
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/7/8, UNIX (Sun Solaris), AIX
Languages: C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL
Microsoft Tools: Microsoft Office, Visio, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Access
Methodologies: Ralph Kimball’s Data Modeling, Star and Snowflake Schema Modeling
SAP Master Data/MDM/MDG/MM Consultant, Greenville, SC
- Implemented master data management using SAP best practice for designing a global master data for Material, Customer and Vendor master.
- Understand the client's current business processes for Material Master/Customer Master and map it to SAP MDG functionalities.
- Responsible for Functional specification documents and data migration/conversion activities such as extraction, transforming, migrating, validating and reconciliation of data in SAP and PLM
- Fully focused on Variant Configuration, Order to Cash and Dealer Portal processes
- Setting up MRP parameters, and configured Inter and Intra company procurement process.
- Master Data Set up for Customers (Account Groups/Sales Organization/Distribution Channel/Division)
- Implement enhancements to Master Data to ensure timeliness of processing purchase orders, production orders, sales orders, etc.
- Worked as functional analyst for SAP Master Data Governance
- Business set activation and configurations. Extend pre define data models as per the requirement.
- UI modeling - worked on field extension from MDG to ECC
- Extending Data model in MDG. Extending IDOC, Key mapping and Value mapping to replicate data to ECC.
- Worked on Data replication, Value mapping, Key mapping, Mass Data Loads etc
- Creation of custom data models, creation of entity types 1,2,3,4, creation of Z CR types, linking of business activity with CR types and logical action with business activities.
- Configuration activities for activation of existing data models MM and BP, activation of BC sets and import the standard CR types
- Creation/Read/Update/Deletion (CRUD) process executed for MM data model.
- MDG DRF and Import Framework IMG activities.
- Worked on transfers between storage locations, Plants and company codes. Transfer postings for stock types.
- Created Test script, Test plan and Business components in HP ALM for the MDG scenarios.
- Worked with the Training owner on the creation of training materials for MDG.
- Involved in Wing to Wing testing and data is validated/monitored/error handling in ECC and posting/debugging IDocs
- Designed high level process maps (global and local), end to end Material, BOM creation and Maintenance of attributes and SDX-Supplier/Buyer Process using Visio and ARIS Modelling Tool.
Environment: SAP ECC, SAP MDG 8.0, SAP BW Design Studio, Oracle/ SQL Developer, MS office, MS Excel, Visio, Informatica 9.x, Enovia PLM, HP Quality Center.
Master Data/MDG/Data Migration Consultant
- Lead business users and business process owners, analyze and identify business process requirements.
- Analysis of the AS-IS and prepare the TO-BE and likewise configure in the system.
- Design documents, configuration, testing, cutover/conversion, functional specification, FUT and support SIT.
- Determined and managed cutover activities for Order to Cash team with Project Management.
- Responsible for MDG including Data modeling, Process modeling, UI Configuration & Data Replication techniques
- Worked on SMT (Service Mapping Tool) for creating mappings between Source structure and Target structure
- Write use cases and execute scripts in HP Quality center.
- Configure Customer Master Data along with, Customer Groups, Payment Terms.
- IDOC extensions and IDOC types, verification of outbound IDOC and of inbound IDOC, ALE, Workflow
- Maintained MDM attributes to MM, SD, FI/CO (WM, CRM, SPP, ECC).
- Maintain data for Bill of Material (BOM), Routings, Classifications, Characteristics, Configuration Profiles, Info Records, Source Lists, Pricing, Vendors and Customers.
- Created Design document for MDG custom solution
- Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0, MDG 7.0, JD Edwards 9.1, IBM Data Stage 8.x/11.x, Cognos 10.2, Oracle /12.x, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Presentation, Microsoft Office Word, Visio, Micro soft access, Tidal Scheduler 5.3.1, HPQC ALM 11.0/12.0
Confidential, Morton, IL
SAP (MDM/MM/MDG) Data Analyst/Data Migration Consultant
- Master Data team analyst with great in depth knowledge of Master Data within the SPM solution. Responsible for Functional Specification authoring of data interface and conversion objects. Led design efforts for data interfaces with legacy environments and data conversion programs.
- Involved in workplan creating & management, design, workshop execution, String & Integration testing, conversion, cut-over and system refresh activities.
- Primarily dealing with all Master Data Objects (GTS specific Data, Product, Business Partner (Customer, Vendor), Stocks (MRP Area, Location, etc.) as well as operations pertaining to APO.
- Sales Order Processing (OTC), Master Data configuration, Billing, Batch Management, Variant Configuration, Outbound Deliveries and integration to other SAP modules
- Responsible for Material Master data loads in ECC (MATMAS, MATMAS BAPI IDocs)
- Provided on call production support for any data issues that arise from the integration of the downstream legacy environments which integrate with our SAP R/3 solution at Caterpillar.
- Work with project managers, SAP's offshore and partner consultants to develop consulting and project methodology, techniques, tools and solutions.
- Involved in Data Migration activities and Data Maintenance by pulling data from Legacy and moving to SAP by using Datas Stage Conversion Jobs, ABAP programs, LSMW and MASSD Programs.
- Responsible for SAP IDOCS: validate, troubleshoot and correct IDOCS during data loads.
- Support MM (Material Management) team on various activities pertaining to SAP APO and Live Cache.
- Configured various attributes related to Business Partner’s (CRM) master data like roles relationships screen settings.
- Defined plants, purchase organization and storage locations, assigned purchasing organization to company codes and plants, assigned plants to company code.
- Configuration of Payment terms, Trading Partners, Recon account in ECC for FI team.
- Troubleshooting CIF related issues and synchronization of data between R/3 and APO/EWM .
- Responsible for Migrating Settings for strategies, uploading into EWM (Picking, Replenishment strategies)
- Monitoring, testing and troubleshooting all IDocs in EWM that comes via ECC.
- Responsible for Queues in EWM and troubleshooting the errors and uploading Queues to EWM.
- Configured Resource types in Warehouse Management system according to company requirements.
- Verification of all Plants, Customers, Vendors, IPCs, MRP Areas and dummy plant BPS available in ERP system.
- Used DataStage Director to run and monitor the jobs performed.
- Involved in Cut over activities, master data is uploaded in SAP systems as per Legacy systems data.
- Debug and analyze the IBM Data Stage ETL Tool. Able to perform elementary ABAP debugging to locate/narrow down code errors.
- Worked with the technical item in identifying and solving some of the issues related to business including writing the functional specifications and debugging of ABAP Programs.
- Wrote functional specification documents for interfaces, conversions and enhancements, conducted review sessions with the software development team, wrote test scripts in HP Quality Center/ALM test tool, conducted unit, string, integration and UAT testing. Provided master data support to process teams during test cycles.
- Worked with an ABAP/4 programmer to help defining custom IDOC requirements and set Remote Function Calls (RFC).
- Trouble shooting I/b and O/b Queues and idocs failures and error handling of Bdocs.
- Analysis of IDOCS for Customer/Vendor/Material to maintain data in SPM system.
- Maintained Quarterly updates/refresh on Material master data by using Excel. Involved with DATA Management team in developing the DATA rules to be followed regarding MDM requirements and designing the rules for global data requirement for SPM business requirements.
- Maintained Material Data Bill of Material (BOM), SPP Master Data and set up transition data.
- Monitoring and scheduling the jobs in SAP and in the Tidal and solving the issues occurred.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Perform quality assurance and testing of SQL environment.
- Developed test plans and test scripts for the ETL conversion jobs and interfaces.
- Performed testing and implementation of data interfaces, conversions and audits.
- MD ticketing tool in Share point to capture request for lower environment issues and routine request.
- Customizations and configurations required for SAP MDG implementation.
- Master Data Governance of Global Caterpillar Materials, Customers, Vendors and Suppliers in SAP MDG system.
- Created data flow diagrams for all Master Data Types.
- Used the Data flow diagrams to identify all data in source-to-target mapping.
- IMG activities for activation of MM and BP data models.
- Integration of MDG with other systems to replicate master data and cross reference data.
- Familiar with various aspects of Data modeling, UI modeling and Process modeling.
- Familiar with Work Flow Modeling: Rule Based Work flow (RBWF) - Extraction, Transformation and Loading of Master Data from SAP ERP systems to other systems.
- Customized Data Model, UI, and ALE/IDOC's to accommodate custom attributes
- Initial data loads and data migrations from Legacy to SAP MDG systems.
- Customized Data Model, UI, and IDOC to accommodate custom attributes.
- Implemented Validation and Derivation using BRF+.
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0, SAP CRM 7.0, SAP APO, SAP EWM - SAP SCM 7.0, MDG 6.1/7.0, IBM Data Stage 8.x/11.x, Cognos 10.2, Tidal, Oracle 11.x/12.0, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Presentation, Microsoft Office Word, Micro soft access, Visio, Teradata 13.x/14.x, Tidal Scheduler 5.3.1, HPQC ALM 11.0/12.0
Master Data Analyst (MM/MDM)
- As a Master Data Analyst, I was an integral part of the team responsible for translating Business requirements into IT Solution.
- Leading data analysis and data migration from several source systems into SAP ECC 6.0 including Master Data and Transactional data.
- Led the extraction and conversion of Material Master from Legacy to SAP.
- Configuration/customization review and suggestions, development & customization of programs (ABAP, LSMW, IDoc, BDoc), testing of programs, error analysis & corrections, and loading of objects.
- Monitoring, testing and troubleshooting of IDocs in SAP systems.
- Responsible for data migration, data maintenance and conversion activities using ETL: data stage, SAP - LSMW, MASSD, Standard and Z Programs.
- Team Management (on-site, off-site & off-shore), Time Tracking, Dependency Tracking, Cut over plans & execution.
- Served in a Master Data team role focused on configuration, interfaces and conversions for Material Masters, Business Partners, Vendors and Customers.
- Used Excel formulas for data mapping, reconciliation and SQL queries to fetch data from data bases systems.
- Configured various attributes required for Material, Customer, Vendor and Business Partners.
- Extensive Client interaction for Data Synchronization and Enhancements in Foundation and MDM Systems.
- Collaborated well with the business representatives, solution architects and technical teams for solution development.
Environment: SAP MDM 7.1, SAP ECC, SAP CRM, Datastage 8.0, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Presentation, Microsoft Office Word, Micro soft access. Oracle 11.0, Cognos 8.x, Data stage 7.x
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Responsible for data migration and conversion activities such as extraction, transforming, migrating, validating and reconciliation of data.
- Responsible for the ongoing creation, deletion and maintenance of all of all customer master and pricing master data components including SAP tables that allow for effective order processing. Interact and resolves data integrity issues with customers.
- Migrated all Material, Customer, Vendor master objects from Legacy systems into SAP including, Customer Contacts, Sales Information, Loading Points, Tax classification, Partner Functions, Shipping Data and Sales Data.
- Developed validation programs to cross check all the data before and after the data loading.
- Identifies problematic areas and conducts research to determine the best course of action to correct data.
- Drive data migration strategy and process to enable quality data delivery without delays.
- Advise and assist in data extraction, data cleansing, data mapping, data enrichment, data consolidation, data loading and data reconciliation.
- Responsible for coordinating with various teams and resolving any incidents/requests/issues related to SAP MDM.
- Migrated code from local and central repository to a different environment repository.
- Unit-tested programs to ensure that business requirements are met and coordinated fixes with the ABAP team.
- Maintained customizing configurations (specifically related to masterdata set-up); Plant, Storage Location, Number Ranges, Transportation Zone, Shipping Point, Routes, factory calendars, sales org to plant link, sales org set-up, company codes set-up.
- Collaborated and aligned solutions to other modules to which master data has touch points (Order Management, Purchasing, Demand Planning, Costing).
- Used Framework Manager Modeling Tool to create and manage business-related metadata for the report authoring in Report Net/Cognos 8.
- Published the Package to Cognos Connection to use the OLAP model in Analysis Studio and Report Studio.
- Developed Executive Dashboard and Sales Dashboard using Cognos 8.
Environment: SAP R/3, CRM, APO, Cognos 8.4/8.3/8.2 (Frame Work Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio), UNIX, Windows XP, Oracle 10g, SQL server, TOAD
Confidential, Kalamazoo, Michigan
BI/MDM Support Consultant
- Responsible for Master Data set up, maintenance and distribution across various components within the system which also includes Transactional Data.
- Make changes and deactivate Customer/Vendor/Material master records as needed based on information provided from various departments.
- Verify data is complete, validation and not duplicated; and work with the requestor to verify all information is received.
- Configured various attributes related to Business Partner’s (CRM) master data such as roles relationships screen settings.
- Monitor and Execution of related CIF job, Monitor and support queue error resolution, Execution of LSMW & Mass Load Programs.
- Validating and reconciling data by using MS Excel, MS Access and fetching the data with SQL Queries.
- Used Framework Manager for Data Modeling.
- Execution of SQL queries to fetch data from multiple systems.
- Created reports by using Cognos reporting tool for business data.
Environment: SAP R/3, CRM, Oracle, Cognos
Confidential, Wayne, PA
- Installed and configured Cognos software including Report Net 1.1MR2 and 8 BI on client’s machine.
- Interacted with different business teams to collect the requirements for reporting analysis.
- Analyzed current business processes and assess opportunities for redesigning these processes.
- Involved in User administration and Portal Administration.
- Involved in migration of framework models and financial reports from ReportNet 1.1 to Cognos 8.
- Built models, packages and published them using Framework Manager.
- Created Complex Dashboard reports based on the requirements.
- Drill-through is done from Cognos cubes to ReportNet reports and Cognos Report Studio Reports to Report Studio Reports.
- Involved in Technical support and performance tuning.
Environment: Cognos 8 BI, Report Net 1.1MR2, Framework Manger1.1MR2, Query Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Studio, Cognos Connection, Cognos Power Play 7.3, Power Play Enterprise Server Transformer, Scheduler, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i, DB2, Windows 2000/XP, UNIX