- SAP FICO professional expertise in implementing the complex business solutions across SAP platforms and other systems focused on delivering integrated innovative solutions to the customer, and design new harmonized processes and best practices in SAP implementations.
- MBA graduate in Supply Chain Management and Finance, and 9+ years of relevant work experience, with 2 full cycle project implementations and 2roll - outs projects in SAP FICO, proficient in managing/leading cross functional teams and partner with key business stakeholders to create requirements and functional specifications for the complex SAP developments.
- Worked in Full life cycle implementations, Rollouts, Support and Upgrade projects.
- Extensive experience in configuration and testing of FI/CO modules - GL, AR, AP, FA, Treasury, Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA), Internal Orders and CO-PA, Product Costing CO-PC and Special purpose ledger.
- Integration of FI with MM and SD with Procure to Pay and Order to Cash cycles.
- Reporting tools like Report painter, Report writer.
- Thorough understanding of a customized SAP system.
- Thorough understanding of SAP system from business process, cross functional and integration viewpoints.
- In-depth knowledge in configuration, implementation, ASAP methodology, system design and development and gathering user requirements.
- Experience in Blueprint, Configuration, Unit, Stress, Volume, Regression, User Acceptance, and Integration testing, Training, Documentation and Production support.
- Special emphasis on Data Migration specification with BDC, Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW) for data uploads for various SAP projects.
- Extensive experience in developing specifications for interfaces and custom reports
- Active member in conducting the team meetings, customer feedback meetings and self-assimilation programs.
- Knowledge in identifying, testing and documenting of SAP application controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX).
- Good hands on experience in SAP S4HANA.
ERP: SAP R/3 FICO 4.7, ECC 6.0RDBMS MS-SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access 2000
Tools: VB script, MS Project Management
SAP R/3 Tools: SAP FICO, SAP-SD, SAP-MM, Report Painter, Report Writer
S/w languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic 6.0
Ms-Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ticket resolution and answering how-to questions
- Responsible for detailed problem determination of issues escalated to level-1
- Problem determination includes re-creating the issues, determining the point of failure by stepping through the ABAP code and identifying the problem resolution.
- Able to understand both the standard application features (i.e, out of the box functionality) as well as detailed components of the customized features.
- Responsible for making changes, migrating them, completing the ticket, and communicating the change to the level 2 support person, who can then resolve and close the call.
- Determine problems found by the proactive application monitoring being done on a regular basis by the level 2 support person. Therefore, the level 3 person may also have to apply patches, complete performance tuning, re-create tables or indices etc.
- Coordination of problem tickets with offshore resources (functional as well as technical) to ensure that the tickets are resolved within the stipulated SLA’s
- Reconciliation of COPA, FI and PCA reports
- Developing the SOP and BPP
- Month end closing activities
- End user training
- Business signoff for the development changes
SAP FICO Implementation
- Areas of expertise including requirements gathering, As-Is and To-Be process study, preparation of Business Blueprint, Documentation, Project Management (Offshore and Onsite), Data Migration, Business workshops whilst being proficient in ASAP methodologies and GAP analysis
- Partnered with clients to help them formalize their overall IT roadmap and strategize on potential SAP solutions
- Extensive experience in gathering requirements, Blueprint, Configuration, User Acceptance Testing, Integration Testing, Training, Documentation and Production Support.
- Participate in client discussions to understand the problems faced by the customer and articulate the same to the internal stakeholders
- Understand the complex requirements in order to arrive at process documents and process gaps, fit-gap analysis, requirements/assessment documents that are agreeable to the customer
- Solution evaluation and recommendation, focusing on gap resolution and impact on related functional areas
- As a Senior Consultant on client-facing projects and take full responsibility of planning, resourcing and delivery; guide the team in every phase of the project and ensure the delivery meets client expectation
- Effectively able to run the POC's with the planning dataset and design solutions for deliverables
- Experienced in gathering information from Finance Integration teams and business counterparts for M&A activities in ECC and provide complete solution as per project needs
- Interface directly with business users to gather, track and prioritize business requirements and translate them into technical system requirement for the development team
- Effectively engage with client counterpart in discussions related to the project delivery and provide new perspectives / insights
- Expertise in configuration and customization of FI/CO modules such as General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Asset Accounting, Product Costing, Profitability Analysis, Cost Centre Accounting, Profit Centre Accounting.
- Experience in Production Support Role and testing the Configuration Setup in different scenarios
- Experience in Workflow Design, development and implementation. Hands on experience in Workflow Triggering through Function Modules. Used Deadline Monitoring in different workflow scenarios. Workflow Error handling and workflow logs
- Defining profit centre hierarchies, cost centre hierarchies, primary & secondary cost elements and planning versions to take into account initial budgeting and subsequent changes
- Implementation of a SAP workflow approval process for all manual journal entries. This workflow has the ability to attach all supporting documentation for the entry and send it to the approver electronically
- Thoroughly involved in creation of Test Scenarios, Unit and Integration Testing and Documented the Results
- Received best appreciations from H-D Finance Director
- Received awards and also appreciation cards from H-D Finance team
SAP FICO Implementation
- Understanding the H-D Supply Chain business process and thereby doing the process analysis, identifying process improvements, and finally preparing the process reports and the same communicating with the H-D Business users
- Responsible for preparing the PDD’s (Process Definition Documents) from KDD’s and FS documents, and AMS documents related to the Confidential financial processes
- Analysing the Business Requirements (L1, L2 and L3) and preparing the high level documents for functional understanding of business process
- Providing the functional knowledge to Solution and Quality Engineering teams whenever required
- Responsible for giving the Knowledge Transfer (KT) to the technical team on H-D End-to-End Supply Chain business processes
- Establishment mechanism to make global decisions about processes in GME and G/Flash (Executive Business process owners)
- Pilot Resource planning with Confidential
- Develop high level process scope utilizing process framework
- Develop Confidential High level requirements for business processes
- Collaborate with assigned business area leads to establish overall direction and strategy of SAP solution to support the business area goals
- Detailing of Processes: Responsible for preparing the TID’s (Test Information Documents) from PDD’s (Process Definition Documents) and FS documents related to the Confidential financial processes
- Define and obtain approval for the Testing Strategy, Testing Plans and Test Schedule
- Define Testing Architectures for Functional Testing areas
- Zero down on the right tools and testing framework design
- Test Case development, Execution and reporting
- Developed high level process scope utilizing process frameworks
- Documenting the required application specific information and also project closure activities
- Understanding the businessrequirements and process flows from client
- Responsible for preparing the BRD and FRD documents, getting singed-off from client
- Analysing and evaluating the quality of IM process, and thereby identifying gaps by conducting meetings with group of concerned persons from client side
- Gathered all required data and prepared process flow documents for all end-to-end IM process activities
- Represented as a SME for development and QA teams for resolving/make them understandable the process related issues
- Communicate with Technical teams and disseminate information on Functional aspects of Business requirements
- Assist in implementation and support during production rollout, UAT etc.
SAPFI QC Lead
- Responsible for strategy, roadmap, and positioning of Financials Accounts Payable solutions
- Led the product management & dev team for the B2B business ERP solutions
- Responsible for Test Planning, Execution and Project Signoff
- Responsible for providing the draft Test Tool, and Test Environment for review to the Test Services Team.
- Understanding the requirement based on HLD, DRD, DSD
- Preparing the Test plan and defining the test strategy and approach.
- Designing the test cases which map to test requirements
- Test case Execution
- Defect tracking to closure
- Requirement Traceability
- Responsible for Supply Chain network design and Planning-Analysis of “As-Is” Supply Chain Network and designed “To-Be” sustainable network solution
- Implemented process improvement and formulation of cost effective solutions to achieve desired throughput from efficient forecasting methods
- Mapped process flow diagram of containers flow from 4PL perspective
- Performed ABC for the end-to-end logistics process to find the variations (freight cost = 60 to 75% of total transportation cost)
- Literature survey of international maritime terms: Inco terms, IMDG Codes, BOL and L/C
- Gathered, analysed and standardized the container freight rates data of GS w.r.to SCFI
- Evaluated the alternative models using MINITAB and proposed the final forecasting model
- Interpreted the freight rate equations for all international base ports using regression model