- Technical lead consultant with over 30 years of SAP (since 1987) with extensive experience and knowledge of ABAP.
- Substantial SAP upgrade experience and development of interfaces between SAP and non - SAP systems both functionally and technically.
- Deep expertise in dialog programming, reporting and WDA (Web Dynpro for ABAP).
- Considerable exposure to most SAP modules including FI, CO, SD, BC, MM/WM/QM, PP, PM, PS, CS(SM) and AM.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills and ability to work with users and business unit managers to analyze complex business processes and translate those into technical SAP solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Proficient in managing teams of onsite and offshore developers, managing simultaneous projects, meeting deadlines, and minimizing costs.
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels within a large corporation.
- Excellent communication skills in English and German.
- Reports incorporating ALV and multi-level drill-down functionality (function-module based and object oriented w/ control technologies)
- Batch Data Communication ( Confidential ) based programs (including a report to generate Confidential reports dynamically from Confidential recordings)
- Dialog programs / module pools via usage of screen painter and menu painter facilities.
- User exits, across all application modules (including BAPIs and BADIs)
- Performance tuning of all aspects of ABAP code for maximum performance efficiency (incorporating SQL trace and ABAP Runtime Analysis)
- Transactions definition and development
- Function groups / modules - definition and development
- Remote Function Call (RFC) based programs
- Correction and Transport system (CTS) - for development and customizing objects (including modification assistant)
- ABAP Data Dictionary - tables / structures / views / data elements / domains / view clusters / matchcodes / search helps
- Development and modification of SAPscript forms
- Development and modification of Smartforms
- Application of SAP OSS notes, maintenance after installation of SAP support packages
- Provide ABAP software quality assurance and analysis to ensure conformity to set organization standards
- Perform code reviews and provide guidance and advice for those who seek it
- Creation and modification of info objects / infocubes / infosources (BI/BW)
- ABAP OO (object oriented)
- Enhancement Framework
- Switch Framework
- Web Dynpro for ABAP (WDA)
- Trouble-shooting of system dumps and system wide performance issues
- BRF+ (Business Rule Framework)
- Data extracts, downloads / uploads and conversions
- Complex inbound or outbound interface systems for BC, CO, FI, MM and SD applications
- Build interface systems using ABAP approaches (including Confidential, call transactions, RFC / BAPI, BADI)
- SAP R/3 (Rel. 2.x, 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0, NetWeaver 7.x) 1992 - Present
- SAP R/2 (Rel. 4.1 - 4.3j) September 1987 - July 1996
- ABAP Reporting 30+ years
- ABAP Interfaces / Confidential / RFC 30+ years
- ABAP Dialog Programming 30+ years
- ABAP User Exits 25+ years
- ABAP Custom Transactions 25+ years
- ABAP Enhancements 25+ years
- ABAP BAPIs (+ BADIs) 18+ years
- ABAP Development Workbench (+LSMW) 19+ years
- ABAP Conversions 30+ years
- ABAP Function Modules 30+ years
- ABAP Data Dictionary 30+ years
- ABAP OO (Object Oriented) 10+ years
- ABAP Query, SAPscript, Smartforms 20+ years
- Most other areas of ABAP 25+ years
- BW Extractions 2.5+ years
- AFS 2 years
- WebDynpro for ABAP 3 years
TECHNICAL SUPPORT IN MODULES:
- FI Financial Accounting CO Controlling
- SD Sales & Distribution BW Business Warehouse
- MM Materials Management PP Production Planning
- AM Asset Management PS Project Systems
- CS Customer Service (former SM) QM Quality Management
- WM Warehouse Management
SAP Technical Consultant
- Designed and developed custom program to upload, simulate and post journal entries from Excel spreadsheet (FI)
- Developed company credit card upload program (flat file upload) utilizing DMEE BAdI implementation (proxy output)
- Automated IDOC processing: Developed enhancement to correct missing information in incoming SD IDOCs automatically (without user intervention)
- Developed IDOC tool to display IDOCs with status and miscellaneous data, enabling users to identify material information, change related data (material segments, transaction VOE2 and VOE4, customer information) and allow for manual IDOC reprocessing from within the custom program.
- Developed program to simplify “false midnight” process for plant accountants to automatically post corrective journal entries for material documents to be assigned to the correct posting date
- Deli Standard Scrap Factor (scrap reconciliation report): Develop a solution to record standard estimated scrap in a custom table, then compare it to actual scrap for various material types; allowing the user to correct the actual estimated scrap from within the program (editing custom table entries via ALV)
- Developed code to populated default batch and characteristic data during batch management (transactions MSC1N, MSC2N), populating values based on custom rules tables to preset values based on user defined rules using various BAdI implementations related to batch management
- Developed program to adjust goods receipts postings and create correcting goods issues posting to balance inventory for formulation, downgrade and packaged materials (WIP).
- IDOC ORDERS (outbound): User exit to populate custom field on outgoing IDOC
- Dispute Management: Auto-populate fields on change of documents
- Supporting ECC upgrade (SPAU) and applying SAP OSS notes as needed
- Conducted ABAP training for in-house developers
SAP Technical Consultant
- Custom screen and field enhancements for QM transactions (add classification information for notifications, function module to create notification items and assign classifications, custom screen area for defects)
SAP Technical Consultant
- Created wrapper program for inspection lot creation transaction (QA01) and a custom program to edit new physical samples (partially replacing QPR4) to improve the inspection lot creation process, including enhancements to the flexible specification screen (adding unplanned characteristics), presetting fields in QA01, and various others
- Developed custom result recording worklist program - featuring customizable vertical and horizontal layout for multiple inspection lots utilizing BAPI to record results, replacing transactions QE51N (Results Recording Worklist) and QE71 (Tabular Results Recording for Inspection Points) to make result recording more efficient
SAP Technical Consultant
- Designed and implemented Supplier Rating system
- Designed and implemented Qualified Vendor Program (QVP)
- Designed and implemented QM notification enhancement and report for custom notification type SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request), consisting of enhancements to add default activities when a SCAR notification is created as well as emailing alert messages when the status of a SCAR notification changes (configurable status through custom table) and report to send email reminders when a SCAR becomes due (through nightly batch job scheduling)
- Designed and implemented Supplier Selection solution (enhancement as part of PO BAdI implementation)
- Designed and implemented parts of SSM (Supplier Survey Management), consisting of an SRM WDA component calling custom BAPIs in ECC
- Designed and implemented enhancement for goods receipts transaction (custom fields in MIGO, population of custom tables through MIGO BAdI implementation) in connection with custom Smartform label and print program
- Developed creation and change portions of contract conversion program for outline agreements (utilizing BAPI CONTRACT CREATE and BAPI CONTRACT CHANGE)
- Conducted code reviews to ensure quality
- Contributed to development standards
- Implemented performance enhancing measures in the BOM Maintenance WebDynpro Application (as part of the MCE - Material Cost Estimate) by replacing most costly database accesses with utilization of static attributes to buffer data throughout the whole application, furthermore enhancing not only the performance but also the stability of the existing application
- Increased performance to the MCE costing run
- Added functionality to the BOM Maintenance WebDynpro application to enable users to delete multiple assemblies at once
- Fixed various issues in BOM Maintenance WDA (part lookup, inserting assemblies into BOM)
- Resolved production emergency by writing a program to ’undo’ thousands of changes to supplier survey management records based on existing change records, in addition to fixing the original program that caused issues
- Advised project management team on steps to take to resolve circular reference issues in certification hierarchy maintenance (as part of the supplier selection validation and supplier survey management), which caused problems when posting purchase orders in production
- Developed Smartform for newer proposal certification report
- Designed and implemented code to handle residual quantities for minimum buy situations when costing proposals
- Created database view and ALV report to display semantic field information for ALV elements contained in Web Dynpro Components
SAP Technical Development Manager
- SAP R/3 Upgrade from 3.0f to ECC 5.0 (incl. BW)
- Management of development tasks including estimates for over 320 RICEF gaps (SCM, FI/CO, SD, HR, CS/SM) and supporting the business teams in designing solutions
- Reporting development progress to the PMO / steering committee
- Management of onsite and offshore development team (assigning tasks, reviews) - 32 developers at peak times (8 onsite / 24 offshore)
- Development of technical change management process (including specification of form templates for functional and technical specifications, development standards in SAP, coding templates); conducting code reviews to maintain the integrity of the new system
- Development of porting guidelines for the offshore team to port technical objects from 3.0f to ECC 5.0 (where possible)
- (Hands-on) Development of prototypes / proof of concept for custom development
- (Hands-on) Development of critical items in various application areas
- Data Migration through LSMW (Direct Input, e.g. custom RMDATIND, Batch Input) and custom programs (mainly utilizing BAPIs) in the following modules:
SAP Technical Consultant (ABAP)
- Development of Custody Ownership Transfer Process (COT / Backbone)
- Development of Contract Verification Process (MIGO / QA11 integration via BADI implementation)
- Automatic Serial Number creation during production order creation (via BADI implementation)
- Automatic serial number assignment during batch characteristics creation
SAP Technical Consultant (ABAP)
- Go-Live Support
- Enhancement of SD user exits (Add fields on additional data screens for sales order headers and items, in connection with coding in user exits)
- Complex MM reports
- Development of RFC function module for automated QA11 postings (Usage Decision)
- Performance improvements for different programs in SD, MM
SAP Technical Consultant (ABAP)
- SAP R/3 4.6c / AFS 3.0b Upgrade
- Enhancement / Development of different FI, CO and SD user exits (Billing, Profit Center Substitution, and flexible number range assignment for documents, Sales Documents, PA line items).
- Modification of Invoice Verification Transaction (MR1M) to propose quantities and amounts different from the SAP standard.
- Application of OSS Notes
- Performance improvements for different programs in FI, SD, MM
- Development of a program to read billing documents and convert them to FI AP postings via call transaction.
- Design and Programming for custom PO clearing through MR1M (Invoice Verification)
- Report for posting of VAT on realized exchange rate differences (FX Post Processor)
SAP BW Technical Consultant
- Development of enhancements for Confidential Open Order Extractions ( Confidential ) to BW
- Enhancement of standard sales order item screen with fields for project and phase (creation, change and display) - including creation of master data tables for project / phase and validation within customer exit (MV45AFZZ).
- Development of Info Objects, ODS Objects, Info Cubes, Update Rules for Sales Orders in the BW system (2.0B).
- Modified payment program (SAPF100O) to display archived items from within the payment proposal screen.
SAP BW Implementation Technical Consultant
- Analysis, design and development of custom extractors & conversion programs for BW 2.0B
- Creation of views, tables, data sources
- Complex BW Load Monitoring
- Extensive usage of customer exits for BW extraction
- Creation of reports for load statistics / sizing of PSA
- Application of OSS notes in the BW system, system maintenance after application of support packages
- Modification / creation of transfer and update rules for BW data loads
- Creation of reports to trigger events, send emails / pages from within SAP (for load monitoring), measure runtime of data loads, view documentation of reports
- Creation of report to replace SE16 (dynamic code generation)
SAP Lead Programmer
- Technically responsible for design and development of reports / Data Migration: Confidential programs to load data from legacy system into SAP via Confidential / Direct Input / custom reports (FI, SD, MM)
- Creation of job overview report to monitor the direct input loads as well as automatic generation of Confidential jobs
- Created reports for Basis: Lock users, SAP table editor, schedule jobs, search function module descriptions for key words (as well as report sources), send popup messages to SAP users, start any other report and output list, system monitor, download of table contents, list screen and fields for any program / module pool.
- Created reports for SD: Open Orders, mass blocking of customers.
- Created reports for FI: Customer Open Item Analysis, change FI tax codes, balance sheet P&L modification, floorplan statement.
- Created reports for MM: Backorder, Parts Price list, Equipment, Serial No’s, material price comparison / audit, mass changes of ABC indicator / commission group / customer partners / risk category via Confidential .