- Confidential has more than 20 years of business experience and 17 years of SAP experience.
- He possesses extensive production planning, materials management, supply chain management, purchasing and manufacturing experience in progressively increasing roles and responsibilities.
- Confidential has worked in a variety of industries including chemical, medical, heavy equipment, automotive, telecommunication, finance, electronics, consumer/retail and government.
- Additionally, he has experience with discrete, repetitive, process and make - to-order manufacturing environments as well as configure to order. He is well-versed and a subject matter expert in Production Planning Inventory Management, Warehouse Management and Materials Management configuration and core processes.
- Confidential has exceptionally strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills coupled with extensive project management and leadership experience gained over more than 20 years.
- Confidential exudes a very positive and professional demeanor necessary to effectively communicate at all organizational levels.
- SAP - 17 years of hands-on experience in Applications Development and heavy IMG Configuration as a configurator in the MM and PP modules, with experience in various components of WM, SD and QM.
- Over 20 years of diverse business and industry experience in various production, planning and inventory roles with progressively increasing responsibility:
- Director of Materials
- Production & Inventory Control Manager
- Inventory Control Supervisor
- High volume manufacturing environments - discrete and repetitive - ATO, MTS, MTO
- Production Planning:
- Capacity/Demand Planning
- Flexible Planning
- Production Orders
- Available to Promise
- Process Orders
- Repetitive Manufacturing
- Demand Management
- Long Term Planning
- Materials Management
- Material Master
- Inventory Management/Warehouse Management
- Movement Types
- Production / Transfer Orders - One-Step & Two-Step
- Transfer Postings - Storage Locations
- Stock Status, Block Stock, etc.
- Sales Order Stock
- Stock Transfer Orders (STOs)
- Cycle Counting/Physical Inventory
- Batch Management
- Storage Types, Picking/Put away Strategies
- Extensive Curriculum Development and Training Delivery in Inventory Management.
- Purchase Orders / Requisitions
- Scheduling Agreements
- Planning Time Fence Logic in conjunction with MRP Types
- Design and development of Functional Business Specifications
- Highly proficient in MM, PP, QM, SD, FI-CO integration / touch points
- Outstanding Training Curriculum development and training delivery capabilities
- Extensive work in design and development of Functional Business Specifications in an SAP environment and other IT environments.
- Dozens of full lifecycle implementations of the SAP MM/PP/WM modules. Project phases include review of “as-is” process state, development of “to-be” idealized scenario, gap analysis between “to-be” and SAP along with gap resolution, configuration, realization, testing, training of users, implementation, and post-production support.
- Warehouse Management, Remanufacturing, Invoice Verification, External Service Procurement, Inbound Deliveries, Outline Agreements, Sales and Operations Planning, Forecasting, Demand Management, Distribution Via Stock Transports, MRP, Planned Orders, Production Orders, Capacity Planning, Production Execution, Sub-Contracting, PP External Processing, Inventory Management, MM/PP Master Data and Data Mapping (Materials, BOMs, Work Centers, Routings), Batch Management, Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders
- PP, MM, CM, IM, WM, SD, Flexible Planning
SAMPLE HISTORY OF SAP MAJOR CLIENT PROJECTS/ENGAGEMENTS:Director of Materials
- Lead SAP transformation Project for $2 billion rubber components manufacturer.
- Lead SAP Optimization Project for a $2 billon heavy equipment manufacturing company.
- Implemented MM and PP modules at an electrical tool manufacturer and distributor. After implementation, provided post implementation support for MM, WM and PP in a multi-plant environment.
- Implemented the MM (including purchasing) and PP modules (including configuration) at a multi-plant medical device manufacturer.
- Design of implementation of forecasting, production planning and procurement process using SAP 4.7.
- Definition and format of master data requirements for conversion from various legacy systems into SAP tables (versions 3.1, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 5.0 and ECC6).
- Development and delivery of SAP 4.7 end user training materials, support documentation and presentations for a 200 end user community with focus in the areas of production planning and product costing. Tools utilized include RWD’s InfoPak and Recite.
- Development and delivery of SAP 4.5c to SAP 4.7 enterprise end user training materials and presentations with focus in the areas of purchasing and materials management.
- Development and delivery of SAP education materials for a $5 billion financial information provider - 4.6c
- Design and implementation of procurement process for $1 billion telecommunications firm.
- Implemented Sales and Operations planning in a $1 billion telecommunications firm and trained the users in the process - 4.6c
- Implemented MRP for a $2 billion chemical facility and trained employees on MRP.
- Trained government facility in Purchasing and Inventory Management.
- Developing SAP education materials for a $15 billion heavy equipment manufacturer for the MM, QM and PP modules - 4.6c
- Curriculum development consists of utilizing the Knowledge Warehouse, design of transaction based materials, instructor notes and course exercises
- Delivered several SAP Overview and Integration courses
- With Process Team involvement, led the initiative to develop process maps for the MM and PP modules
- Responsible for SAP knowledge transfer to client employees
Director of Materials
- Responsible for all material purchases and movements company wide. This includes vendor partnerships, procurement of material, and all warehousing functions. Additional responsibilities include the improvement in processes and procedures pertaining to SAP R/3 ERP system.
Production and Inventory Control Manager
- Responsible for managing the amount and value of purchased and manufactured material with the help of a staff of forty-five employees.
- This includes scheduling purchased and manufactured material in such a way to minimize investment and maximize customer service and maintaining accurate reporting of inventory transactions from receipt to shipment of products.
- Key improvements include: Planning and implementing the Materials and Planning modules of SAP R/3
- Reduction in the total inventory value by 15%
- 25% reduction in setups with the implementation of EOQ logic
- 11% reduction in labor required for material handling
- Increase in inventory accuracy from 85% to 96 %
Inventory Control Supervisor
- Responsibilities included the supervision of 17 order fillers and the inventory accuracy of five stockrooms.
- Buyer for Polyline Corporation. Responsibilities included purchasing specialized packaging materials for the audio, video and computer market.
- Accountable for inventory value for assigned commodities and balancing inventory value with customer service levels.
- Inbound Problem Solver for Confidential Supply.
- Responsible for all problems that arose on the receiving dock of the Midwest Distribution Center.
- This included damaged, short and over shipments, material identification, inventory error correction and scheduling of material deliveries.