- Over 5 years of hands on, focused experience in all facets of SAP system and database setup and administration as part of Project implementations as well as migrations and upgrades.
- In depth expertise with ASAP (Accelerated SAP) as well as SNAP methodology based project rollouts and deployment phases for global, multi - country, multi-jurisdiction organizations.
- Involved in complete Project Life Cycle from Project Prep to Hyper care phases for both Greenfield and Brownfield implementations for clients both small as well as large.
- Comprehensive experience in all aspects of SAP Basis administration activities including Client Copies, database Exports/Imports, System Copies, Refresh, Support Packs, Kernel Upgrades, Add-on installations, applying OSS Notes, UI5 client library updates, Spool Administration, background jobs, Workload Analysis, SAP workplace monitoring, Backup / Recovery, System Monitoring / Maintenance and Performance Tuning Analysis.
- Installed and configured Hana S/4, SAP ASE, MS Sql server based systems and completed all required post installation steps and procedures. Also installed and configured SAP Solution manager 7.2 with required initial setup, basic and connection of SAP systems into LMDB.
- Completed Hana studio based backups and restores along with point in time recoveries utilizing backup log files.
- Hands on experience with performing system migrations from non-Hana to S/4 Hana databases, system copies utilizing methods such as backup/restore, homogeneous and heterogeneous migrations using SWPM.
- Extensive experience in providing proactive Support, Performance monitoring & tuning, Problem analysis & resolution, and other activities required to maintain system stability and maximize uptime.
- In depth expertise in configuring Kerberos and SAML based Single-Sign-On (SSO) for portal Systems and connecting to backend systems utilizing both Apache as well as IIS.
- Broad familiarity with running SAP tools such as SPAM (Patch manager), SAINT (Add-ons), SUM (SAP update manager), SWPM (Provisioning manager), Maintenance planner, Hana Studio, Hana life cycle manager, etc.
- Security administration - Role development and provisioning, creating users, roles, mass updates, running authorization traces to determine missing authorization objects, etc.
- Extensive experience in configuring Transport Management System (TMS) for the system landscape using STMS.
- Strong working experience on various SAP components like ECC, BW, PO, BOBJ and Open text which includes ICC (Invoice Capture Center), Archive Server and Rendition Server.
- Basic knowledge on AWS (Amazon Web Services) provisioning complete SAP systems and setting up security as well as connectivity for distributed users.
- Re-organization of Oracle Tables and table-spaces
- Provided 24X7 on-call Support, monitoring and participated in required service delivery as part of a team based rotation .
- Robust analytical skills and evaluation capabilities.
- Possess excellent communication skills with familiarity in working with multi-functional teams, interfacing with end user community and fostering team based cooperation towards complex problem solving.
- Available to support flexible scheduling requirements including off hours and weekends.
Confidential, Hoffman Estates
SAP NETWEAVER/BASIS ADMINISTRATOR
- Provided hands-on support for major Global law firms such as Baker McKenzie, Norton Rose Fulbright, DTI Global, etc. Fully participated in all phases from Blueprint to Post go-live for Rapid deployment based Legal solutions (RDS) with ECC 6.0, BW 7.5, S/4 Hana, BI 4.2, Process Orchestration, Solution manager, SAP Fiori running on Linux/Sybase ASE and Open text, BI, Uperform and Redwood running on Windows/SQL Server.
- Assist the administrator for multiple systems running on different platforms, utilizing a variety of databases. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to: installations, upgrades, performance tuning, transports, client refreshes, system refreshes, trouble resolution, and the application of OSS notes.
- User Creation and Administration.
- Performing Client Copies, Client Transports.
- Strong team player, self-motivated, highly organized and able to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Administration of Transport Management System and Importing of Transport request from DEV to QAS as well as PRD.
- Extensive experience in configuring Single-Sign-On (SSO) on portal Systems and connecting to backend systems.
- Assist with performance analysis & troubleshooting for SAP HANA systems.
- Background job Scheduling and monitoring.
- Creating, copying, deleting, locking, unlocking users and provisioning roles.
- Perform OS/DB migration to SAP HANA.
- Monitoring work processes from time to time.
- Worked on UNIX and AIX Operating System.
- Start and Stop of the SAP and Database.
- Analysis & Monitoring of System Logs, Background Jobs, ABAP/4 Dump Analysis,
- Work Process Overview, Lock Entries.
- Performing Kernel Upgrades, Database Upgrades, Patch Upgrades.
Confidential, Irving, TX
SAP Basis Consultant
- Basis Team Member for SAP ECC & SAP EP (Enterprise Portal) Implementation projects with SAPEHP5 for SAP NETWEAVER 7.0.
- Assisted and helped the teams in order to successfully migrate the data center.
- Performed monitoring on BI, EP and ECC systems for performance & day to day maintenance of all the systems.
- Providing support for BW HANA and S/4 HANA.
- Administer and Maintain the User Roles in SAP FICO Module.
- Provide support and assistance in upgrading FICO module.
- Upgraded support packs, patches & kernel upgrades.
- To provide support if the Change Management process is impeded in any way.
- Responsible for Backup of all system, Moving Stat Files & Audit files, daily report and system restart.
- Working knowledge on SAP router and TDMS involving several clients in system landscape.
- Applied OSS notes manually as well as using Note Assistant (SNOTE).
- Performed Support Packs application activities such as SPAM/SAINT updates, applying support packs, SPAU and SPDD resolutions, add-on/plug-ins installation etc.
- Prepared documentation on SAP Installation, Support Pack Installation, Kernel Upgrade, SNOTE, System copy, Performance monitoring and tuning TMS, Client Administration.
- Maintained User Master Records includes creating User ID, assigning Roles, copying, renaming, change password, locking and unlocking, etc. using SU01.and Upload and Download of roles.
- Analyzed & Troubleshoot authorization errors using SU53, ST01 & SUIM and creating new logon groups.
- Created Shell Scripts (UNIX) for landing area project.
- Created CRON job scripts for schedule HANA backups and logs.
- Setup DBACOCKPIT in Solution Manager 7.1 for ECC, BW and HANA systems.
- Worked with SAP Market place for software downloads, Notes search, Opening OSS connection for SAP support, generating SCCR keys.
- Fixed the issues in the system after HANA migration and supported on day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for License Management and download installation guides.
- Planned and executed complete review of assigned organizational and functional activities in accordance with approved work plan and accepted professional stands.
- Perform SAP monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning including taking preventative action to prevent service impacts.
SAP BASIS ADMINISTRATOR
- Daily Check list - System Monitoring, System Logs, ABAP Dumps, SAP Lock Entries, Update Failure, CCMS Alerts
- SAP System Copy
- Scheduling Database Backups and checking backup logs.
- Review and Apply SAP Notes compatible to System configuration.
- Performed System/Database refresh activities.
- Performed Restore Database in SAP.
- Performed Installation, setup, configuration of SAP HANA database, SAP HANA studio and SAP HANA client.
- Deletion of Old Spools.
- Launch a Linux Virtual machine on Aws.
- SAP Performance Tuning - Parameter changes
- Performed Local Client Copy and Client Export / Import
- Install ABAP Support packs using SPAM
- Earlywatch report configuration in Solution Manager
- CCMS Configuration
- Download and Apply SAP Notes
- Manage SAP License
- Schedule and monitor Background jobs
- Import of SAP and vendor delivered Transports
- Import of ABAP and Java transports using ChaRM
- Configure Printers in SAP System
- Configure CCMS / ALE setup
- Provided Technical support to end-users and project.
- Installation and upgrade SAP Gui (SAP Logon Pad) and GuiXT
- 24 / 7 On-Call support on a rotation basis
- SAP Security activities - Creating new users, Running trace for users
- Manage Start and Stop entries in Crontab.
- Diagnose PC problems with a strong understanding of proper troubleshooting methodology
- Start and Stop SAP systems using sapcontrol
- End User Support using BMC Remedy ticketing system and SAP Solution Manager ChaRM