- My technical background has allowed for success as a project manager on large scale ERP, Custom development, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence efforts.
- Each of my project have included a reporting/business analytics component .
- In various database support roles have participated in hardware and network capacity planning, NOC monitoring, DR planning and execution.
- As my role changed into more staff and project management task all of my projects have involved working directly with business users,technical resources, and infrastructure/data center activities.
- This has involved ensuring that all tasks involved in a successful implementation were identified and tracked throughout the lifecycle.
- The traditional sizing, creation, and maintenance of Confidential through Production environments, application,database, and platform migrations, performance issue resolution, projecting capacity needs, and addressing regional security issues have all fallen within my charter.
- All implementation have involved the conversion of legacy data, integration to existing business systems.
- All efforts have involved the management of a business data warehouse and reporting analytics solution using disparate data from multiple sources and platforms.
- I have tracked the budget financials on project up to and including capital of $18 million plus.
- Project status reporting has been produced for all levels from implementation team through executive steering committee.
Software: Unix/Solaris/HP - UX, MVS/COBOL/TSO/CICS/JCL/ISPF, OS400, OpenVMS, Windows 2000/NT, SAS Connect, Oracle R12 eBusiness suite, SAP R3 through ECC 6 EHP 8, SAP NWBC Business Warehouse 7.xSAP BusinessObjects Explorer(BEx), SAP BusinessObjects Excelsius, Solution Manager, PeopleSoft, Oracle 11i, Siebel 6x/7x, Easytrieve, Focus, Express, Pilot EIS/MDB, Actuate, Crystal Reports/Server, PL/SQL, TSQL, SQL Navigator, Cognos / Architect / PowerPlay / Impromptu / UpFront Transformer / IWR, Brio reporting, Business Objects Business Query, Chordiant Campaign Management suite, MetaStorm eWork, .Net, Java, Oracle Forms/Reports, Websphere server, Discoverer, Visual Basic, MS-Office suite. ArcSDE, ArcIMS, XML/Soap, OBIEE, uPerform, SAP BW/BI, SAP FICO, SRM, HCM, Purchasing, EAM, PLM, SCM, SOH/S4 HANA, ServiceNow
DBMS: Oracle 6x, 7x, 8x, 9x, 10G, Teradata, Sybase, MS SQLServer/SQL 2000, Informix, DB2/UDB, IDMS/R, VSAM, Access, MOLAP/ROLAP, OEM, Stats pack, BMC, Platinum, Quest, TOAD, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Express, Oracle Migration Workbench, SAP HANA
Case/Methodology/Architecture: Designer2000, Erwin, Power Designer, Bachman, IEF JAD facilitation, Kimball, Inmon, MDM, Rational Rose/UML/RUP, Method 1, SOA
ETL: Data Junction, Oracle EDMS, OWB, IBM Infosphere DataStage, Sagent, Siebel EIM, Informatica/PowerExchange for SAP, BCP, SQL Loader,Informatica Powercenter
Project Management / QA Tools: MS Office Suite(current to version 10), Visio, MS Project/Project Server, HP Project and Portfolio Management(Mercury IT Governance), Earned Value Management, TQM, Oracle AIM/CDM/DWM, Agile/iterative, Waterfall, ITIL v3, Sharepoint for project artifacts, Confidential (proprietary tool for ASAP methodology), HP Quality Center.
SAP Sr. Project Manager
- Chartered with rescoping and implementing the SAP Treasury module due to delivery failure by system integrator.
- The effort involves all aspects of Cash, Investment, and Debt Management redesign, data migration, and integration with existing FICO install.
- As part of the PMO have been chartered with taking responsibility for the SAP portfolio of projects for the coming fiscal year.
- Amongst those are notabley a major enhancement pack upgrade, HCM enhancement/replacement, and budgeting tool selection and implementation and defining BW structures to allow for dashboard solutions.
- Tracking of all projects included distribution of RAID log, Four up, and timely communication with all stakeholders per RACI.
SAP Program Director
- Responsible for the replacement of all enterprise applications with a full suite of SAP ERP applications.
- I was attached to project from vendor selection based on RFP proposals through Confidential and support phase.
- SAP modules implemented included FICO, HCM, Purchasing/SRM, EAM, Mobile, PBF, and BI/BOBJ with other supporting components.
- Project entailed replacement and data conversion from two disparate legacy applications which were nearing end of life.
- Managed internal resource activites and the work conducted by the systems integrator and private cloud hosting provider.
- Given the instilled culture of the user community and diverse job classification Change management tasks were critical to success and adoption and spanned all project phases.
- The last six months of the project was spent working with SAP America in planning a migration from existing provider to their services.
- The new platform was for ECC, and BW on HANA with integration to Portal and SRM remaining on MS SQL.
- The plan included business enhancements, and regression testing for transition.
SAP Sr. Program Manager
- Manager within the IS Enterprise PMO responsible for the SAP project portfolio.
- Plan, manage budget and schedule resources for core ECC and BW upgrade over the calendar year.
- Reviewed RFPs for content, prepared selection criteria, and participated in vetting phase.
- Worked with the business to prioritize SAP components that have been budgeted for each business line.
- Have direct responsibility for Corrective Action Program, Sustainibility, and Barcode scanner Inventory Management of component implementations from Confidential through Confidential .
- Subscribe to ASAP methodology and IS EPMO process and standards.
- Prepared project initiation documents and plan for Ariba sourcing and integration.
SAP Sr. Project Manager
- Project Manager responsible for implementing SAP Financials, BW/BI analysis capability, and interfaces to legacy applications.
- The effort and new processes are in support of a shared services center which will allow Confidential to expand their US presence through acquisition.
- Worked with business and technical staff on short term and strategic architecture for analysis.
- Initial phase delivered BW server with core and peripheral data for use via BEx and KPI Dasboard.
- Duties include coordinating integration and hosting partners, internal resources and contractors(onshore and offshore) in Functional and Technical activities against plan.
- Delivered implementation, roadmap to in corporate subsequent companies, Regression testing support procedures and structure, Quality control processes, and operational guidelines.
- Participated throughout the RFP cycle for hosting, and support vendors.
- Tracked and managed budget burn rate across multiple vendors and internal resource chargeback.
- Utilized RICEFW matrix and Transport requests(Solman) to monitor object development and movement through SDLC clients.
- Subscribed to ASAP methodology and project artifacts and workflows signoffs were stored in Confidential .
Oracle HRMS Sr. Program Manager
- Manager tasked with serving as liason to PMO, Confidential, and HR staff managment for the successful global implementation of Oracle HRMS R12 across multiple business groups and legislations. Reporting to the Global Director of HR Systems and Operations.
- Responsible for keeping project on task and ensuring that all technical and functional requirements are successfully met for this ERP implementation.
- Prompted by a merger of equals, the scope includes developing one vision of best practices, Migration of legacy data from both Peoplesoft and Oracle R11, developing Business analytics via OBIEE against a cross function data warehouse, and integration of Payroll and other peripheral systems.
- HR implementation is in conjunction with consolidation of Financial suite to R12 where Confidential has been contracted as the integrator.
- HR milestones were tightly integrated into overall project milestones and deliverables had to fit into a very tight schedule.
Sr Project Manager
- Managed migration of SAP 4.6 HR modules to SAP 6.0 which included transitioning support to new service provider structure. The project included all internal and external interfacing applications, used for both domestic and international employees.
- Responsible for the manufacturing applications and interfaces which are being utilized by a paperless Biologics plant which is currently in the Recipe validation phase. SAP Financials and Inventory Management are integrated to Maximo, LIMS, and Emerson applications being used at the facility.
- Managing the consolidation of two Research and Development labs dedicated to the Biologics stream. Applications are being reviewed to eliminate redundancy, meet new business requirements, and provide best of breed capability. The goal was to recommend a new application architecture which will allow standardization of equipment, faster resource reallocation between locations, and flexibility to address future growth. Application standardization included support, quality control review, and change management guidelines.
Senior Program Manager
- Coordinated the efforts of multiple project managers by promulgating project management standards, templates, and processes. Prepared executive level status reports and stakeholder communication.
- Managed an integrated project plan and milestones in conjunction with the various business and technical team leads.
- Facilitated program integration activities such as managing issues to resolution and preparing and executing risk mitigation plans. Managed the Program budget, tracking and reporting of actual expenses against forecast.
- Ensured that enhancements had passed through earned value calculation assessment and had been signed off by steering committee
- Established roadmap for the Confidential to fully utilize their investment in Oracle eBusiness software and worked with both the Division of Technology and administration agencies to foster adoption.
- Chaired the RFP process for implementation vendor selection
- Directly accountable for all aspects of delivering a $7 million implementation of the R12 HRMS module to the Office of Human Resources. This entailed replacing their 30 year old mainframe application with Core HR with Position Management, Employee Self Service, and Oracle Advanced Benefits for an employee population of 33,000. Effort involved interfacing to existing Payroll, Pensions, Budgeting applications. Process change was developed in conjunction with Finance, Budget, Labor relations, Managing Directors office and required developing tight change management controls to minimize risk across the federated environment. The business intelligence component provided staff analysis to central and agency teams through the use of OBIEE, and Brio reporting tools. Worked closely with central IT to adopt ITIL best practices in anticipation of supporting current and future E-Business applications.
Sr Project Director
- Directed team in the development of a constituent/developer centric geospatial application which included all properties with Confidential limit. The application provides analysis and property request for neighborhood development using a shopping cart metaphor. Ensured that collected property data would server a master reference data for various integrated systems. Developed using the City’s Parcel base with integration of data from various Confidential agencies .
- Several distinct applications were delivered from the effort to serve a diverse client group. The software utilized XML, Java, .Net, SOA, Websphere, Citrix, MS Sharepoint, Webservices, ARC/GIS technology to deliver sustainable products with full integration to legacy systems. Iterative approach and refactory code improvement contributed to an outstanding product which received a 2008 Computerworld Laureate Award.
- Selected and managed a diverse consulting team during project planning, development, and implementation. Coordinated the activities of business and technical resources from Central IT and participating functional agencies.
- Developed and presented project scope, status, and deliverables to all echelons of Confidential government. Coordinated round table discussions to solicit input on tactical/strategic activities that would have city-wide administrative benefit.
- Dissected existing business workflows to define, analyze, and streamline work processes while remaining within legally mandated business requirements. Business process was re-engineered to derive efficiencies and governance controls as best as practical.
- Directed policy making discussions to ensure that ongoing technology initiatives serve existing and future business needs.
- Ensured that agency technology initiatives adhere to Confidential enterprise IT standards, including the use of Documentum as an Imaging solution, e-Work as a workflow application, and Oracle as an enterprise database management system.
- Initiated a multi-tiered reporting architecture based around the capabilities of the Brio and Cognos suites which were enterprise standards.
- Navigated and communicated with all levels of the business and IT community during full project lifecycle
- Collaborated with disparate Confidential agencies to collect system input and integrated that data to deliver a stronger business solution. Scheduled frequent Steering committee meeting in order to resolve issues quickly and deliver status to executive sponsors and Agency Commissioners.
- Developed and monitored processes to ensure that all project activities subscribe to Confidential contractual, integrity, MBEC, and legal requirements.
- Created a “project vision” by interpreting current business needs and going beyond those identified needs to deliver a product that provides additional system utility while remaining within budget. The value-add being potential revenue generation for the Revenue, and Water Agencies.
Data Warehouse Project Manager
- Managed the initial proof of concept initiative that was successful in securing the funding to carry the project in to full production implementation.
- Produced a working prototype utilizing Oracle Warehouse Builder and select features of the 9i initial release.
- Presented the POC findings to sponsors and business community to garner acceptance and support.
- Project managed and coordinated the activities for both the business and technology communities during each phase.
- Developed Project Scope, project definition documents and overall project plan.
- Distributed and managed project deliverables amongst Confidential internal staff and contract resources, tracking and reporting activities to all project participants on a persistent basis.
- Interviewed business users individually and in-group sessions in order to surface data requirements and to properly address open issues and planning activities. Instilled standard reusable processes and established change management procedures.
- Supervised and participated in logical and physical data structures creation, determined and defined business rules for data scrubbing, transformation and data refresh frequencies.
- Structured and scheduled vendor reviews during reporting and ETL tool selection process. Arranged for software delivery, installation and subsequent IT/User community training of the Cognos and Business Objects reporting suites. Reporting tools derived Financial and Sales performance metrics from a purpose built BW structure.
- Migrated the original design from a Wintel platform to Solaris on a Sun 5500 server. Performed QA testing to ensure all scripting and features remained intact.
- Worked with infrastructure, operations, and application development groups to establish a working environment to test and QA all processes prior to productionalization.
Vice President, Data Services
- Successfully managed the design and implementation of data environments for multiple Siebel Financial systems, including data migration through the full lifecycle.
- Activities included data mapping, transformation, validation, and conversion from legacy sources to the Confidential .
- Project activities were facilitated by common usage of RUP/UML via the Rational Rose Suite.
- Directed overall Oracle performance planning and tuning, and extensive tuning of the Siebel databases and EIM/EAI load process.
- Ensured that tuning and capacity planning were addressed in all pre and postproduction environments.
- Actively participated in all Confidential data project activities to ensure that the Insurance group was aligned with the target of seamless customer data access across all divisions. This included staying abreast of all regulatory issues, including customer privacy restrictions.
- Successfully architected and implemented a Campaign Management solution which utilizes the Banks inclusive customer information database.
- Created a 3 terabyte data warehouse of customer contacts used for data mining and sourcing of data into the campaign management process. The warehouse reflected data that had been filtered, cleansed, and scored to meet the specific needs of the Insurance group.
- Directed all mapping, business rule, and ETL tool selection and implementation activity.
- Improved the load/extract environment through trial and error using product from Ascential, Sagent, and Informatica. This included using Informatica for one of the Siebel implementations in order to bypass the EIM tool.
- Influential in revising the process of lead and response collection and worked with various Sales and Marketing group members to design and implement a greatly improved method which was managed through the Prime Response PrimeVantage tools.