- SAP Architect & BASIS Manager with unique combination of Technical Architecture, Management, ABAP Development, BASIS, Technical Project Management and Functional accomplishments.
- Twenty - one years of SAP experience (25 years in IT) in end-to-end SAP R/3 implementations, migrations, Database upgrades, enhancements and applications performance tuning with broad hands-on knowledge of SAP ABAP Development, Platform Services, and BASIS Administration.
- Expertise in managing and hands-on execution of SAP ABAP Development, SAP ABAP Governance, SAP BASIS Administration & Technical Architecture tasks. Proven history of implementing globally complex processes across multiple business units in cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage multiple Technical Teams concurrently in an SAP Center of Excellence (COE) in one of the largest SAP implementations in North America. Managed up to 90 persons in Technical Teams in on-shore/off-shore model.
- Demonstrated deep hands on application, process, technical knowledge and Leadership ability to drive complex cross-functional tasks to successful completion on plan, on budget, in scope.
- Strong Team Leader with a tool box of Architectural, Managerial, Technical, Functional and Communication skills backed by a proven record of successful delivery of SAP projects and business solutions.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- SAP ABAP Development Team Management
- SAP BASIS Team Management
- Technical Project Management
- Technical Team Management
- Cross Functional Team Leadership
- SAP Technical Architecture
- SAP ABAP Development (FI/CO/SD/MM/PP/OTC/ PTP/PTD/RTR)
- SAP BASIS Administration
- SAP ABAP Governance
- SAP Performance Tuning
- SAP Application Management
- “Run SAP as a Factory” model
- QA Compliance Reporting
- Training & Team Development
- SAP Technical Team Management SAP Technical Project Management
- SAP ABAP Development SAP “Run SAP as a Factory”
- SAP HANA Development Exposure SAP Technical Architecture SAP ASAP Methodology
- SAP BASIS Administration SAP ABAP Governance SAP Best Practices
- SAP EDI and ALE SAP Performance Tuning SAP Archiving
Confidential, Nashville, TN
SAP Architect & BASIS Manager
- Received for leading and completing successfully (on time, in scope, on budget) the DB2 Migration - considered the most important IT project in 2015.
- Planned and executed system landscape solution for SAP ECC landscape to accommodate need for supporting Production and Project changes simultaneously. Drove cross team planning & execution from technical point of view. Additionally, established Governance rules so that Release / Change Management, Production Support, and Project Development can operate smoothly. This includes purchase, installation of machines to SAP installation & configuration, and functional direction to all impacted support teams.
- Manage SLA, approvals/schedules/events/budget between FIT Hosting/BASIS service for sister business unit. Manage communications with internal customers & plans.
- Created for Release Management & Change Management design & plan for managing multiple competing projects and support efforts at the same time, same objects, same landscape.
- Created framework for supporting technical issues and requests for all HANA support across applications, projects, and platforms.
- Drove plan for recovery of 63 SAP Systems from Boot Disk corruption
- Assisted Release Management with creating rules, semi-automatic quality gating, and Change Management for ECC landscape
- Managed and planned tasks associated with build of landscape, security, and transports for SLT, and maintenance.
- Managed and planned tasks associated with migrating from scale out hardware (DELL) to scale up hardware (SGI) with Blue Fin (SAP Premier Partner)
- Managed and planned across technical/project/support teams for installation
- Managed and planned across multiple teams to allow API calls to be authenticated and pass through to FIORI back end
- Managed and planned across multiple teams (infrastructure, functional, project, security, networking) the installation of SAP project landscape (N+1), including the Application, Landscape, and Coding Governance needed for sustaining simultaneous projects.
- Coordinated and planned database refreshes for Test systems and performance tuning for Production Systems.
- Analyze and plan with infrastructure teams purchase and events to build landscapes for multiple HANA and other SAP and non-SAP projects
- Manage plans across teams for hardware, network, architecture, security, application, disaster recovery, data center, and user needs.
- Provide planning and technical support prior, during, after moving systems to a consolidated data center location
- Provided vision and coaching from working in a Tasked based model to a Service based model.
- Provided support for EDI and plant interfaces (non-SAP)
- Coaching in Service Model reduced the outstanding Production tickets from over 600+ (40 new per week) to 14 in less than 8 months.
- Personally managed all Priority 1 calls whether or not BASIS related. Lead root cause analysis and coordination of work for 13 Priority 1 calls in less than 45 days. Considered GO TO person for coordinating resolution of all SAP related issues.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
SAP Center of Excellence (COE) ABAP Development Manager
- Executed ABAP Development for over 20 Global SAP Projects in 18 months
- Managed development for JCI major SAP program (over 5000 objects) and delivered with better than six sigma® quality (0.999945% quality rating) on time and on budget.
- Executed 11 major operational releases globally in 18 months.
- Established process and executed all CCLM/CCIA/SPDD/SPAU/OSS Note services for all JCI business units
- Concurrently lead multiple Global Teams.
- Manage ABAP Development for multiple Landscapes (ECC, PLM, APO, SRM, BW, CRM)
- Facilitate development tasks for cross functional teams for projects, production support, and SAP upgrades
- Planned & executed Development for SAP HANA Proof of Concept as part of evaluation of platforms to run SAP for unified ERP across all JCI business units
Confidential, Racine, WI
ABAP Development Team Lead
- Implemented Performance Tuning solutions for Brazil operations. Tuning on “past-end-of-life” system (SAP version 4.5b) from BASIS & Development point of view. Maintained systems, interfaces, other platform services tasks on a dedicated, on-going fashion. Systems were inoperable prior to tuning but are running smoothly to date.
- Planned and led cross functional teams for process & performance improvements in Brazil, Europe and Asia.
- In a Techincal Architect role, implemented more than 12 technical projects across Global organizations for ECC, BI, PI, Solman landscapes.
- In a Technical Project Manager role, implemented Enterprise-wide SAP archiving processes
- As Governance Manger, led all specification and code reviews as well as managed ABAP object conflicts to maintain Landscape Integrity.
- Planned & executed the migration of every project’s development from project landscape to production.
- Acted as Governance Authority for all SAP ABAP development for over 50 developers at a single time.
- Created ABAP to manage all migration errors produced by operations and all projects.
- Implemented all ABAP Governance policies globally and in cooperation with sister company who shared CNH development systems.
- Provided ad hoc BASIS Administration support as needed by operations, project, and for upgrades.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
BASIS Team Lead
- Managed 4 BASIS consultants supporting 7 SAP customers remotely for all BASIS functions for operational & project requirements, implementations, maintenance, and system health monitoring.
- Trained multiple remote BASIS consultant teams in SAP Best Practices for remote monitoring and acted as ABAP Development expert for the teams.
- Managed remote BASIS needs for additional customers. Support included implementations, support packs and SAP Best Practices
- Implemented special project: Use PI 7.0 and Seeburger Adapters to implement a custom EDI solution for a company in the Retail Industry.
- Operating Systems used: AS400, Windows.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
ABAP Developer & Basis Administrator
- Trained lion share of new junior consultants on SAP Best Practices. Provided accelerated instruction so that junior consultants can successfully monitor systems and engage customer in less than 3 weeks. Provided on-going mentorship for the consultant’s success. Currently, original consultants are now in team leadership roles.
- Provided ABAP expertise on demand for remote clients
- Implemented and provided on-site training for “SAP Rapid Installer for Portals” for a large company in the Retail Industry. Provided on-going support and mentoring for client for best practices for Portals maintenance.
- Provided daily monitoring of ECC, SRM, PI, CRM, BW, and Portals landscapes. Includes all maintenance such as support pack updates, Operating Systems upgrades, SAP upgrades, and system refreshes.
- Operating Systems used: UNIX, Windows.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
ABAP Developer & BASIS Administrator
- Provided custom SAP ABAP Development for SAP customers on-site & remotely for a certified SAP BASIS partner .
- As a consultant, Created custom RICEFW (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Forms, Workflows) for SAP customers on-site and remotely.
- Created Dialog Programming for SAP customers using mySAP All-in-One solution
- As a project, created objects for custom Developed Request for Information (RFI) applications on-site for customer
- Installed and configured in house Rapid Installer® instance of SAP Enterprise Portals
- Provided ad hoc BASIS services for customers on-site and remotely.
Confidential, Waukesha, WI
ABAP Development Lead
- Produced consolidated list “best of breed” ABAP Development requirements for all 9 Confidential business units
- Created and executed Functional and Technical Specification forms and process for the Confidential Project
- Created and executed EDI/ALE documentation and processes for the Confidential Project.
- Managed 25 developers ( Confidential staff and consultants)
- Provided all development quality tracking by object. Included daily status by object and status score cards by RICEFW.
- Created required directory infrastructure for all RICEFW objects.
- Created required testing processes for all RICEFW objects.
- Successfully delivered unified ABAP solution on time and on budget within 11 months.
- Successfully delivered unified EDI/ALE solution on time and on budget within 11 months and concurrently with the ABAP delivery.
- Previous projects included leading cross functional teams for special projects.
- Implemented barcoding on Forms
- Supported Confidential (EDI translator) implementation with customized ABAP and UNIX scripting.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- Created custom ABAP RICEFW objects for MM/PP modules.
- Created Visual Basic based intranet applications that allows non-SAP users update SAP Accounts Payable transactions without direct SAP access.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Senior ABAP Developer
- Created custom ABAP RICEFW objects for FI/CO/SD/MM/PP modules.
- ABAP Development Coach for technical team of 5 onshore staff
- ABAP Quality Control gatekeeper for all technical objects
- Development support for SAP implementations in USA, Puerto Rico, and Ireland