- Extensive hands - on experience in SAP Solution Manager configuration and customization.
- Solid SAP experience encompassing several major implementations and upgrades; expertise in software development methods such as Agile.
- Effective working with cross-functional teams in all project phases (SDLC), including preparation, requirements gathering and scoping, authoring functional/technical specifications, Blueprint, Configuration, Development, writing Test plans, Test to Go Live, wrap-up and Support/Optimization.
- Proven success in planning, leading, and implementing projects that reduce costs, improve staff productivity and achieve company goals.
- Accomplished and driven Project Manager with an outstanding record for delivering complex technology projects.
- Exceptional collaborator with ability to bridge gaps between senior management, technical personnel and clients through all project stages. Areas of expertise include:
- SAP Solution Manager subject matter expert
- SAP Project Manager, managing cross-functional, domestic and international teams
- Extensive e xperience working in a validated environment in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Proficient in ABAP programming
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Lead Functional Configurator, SAP Solution Manager
Environment: SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SP6; SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP13; Hewlett-Packard Quality Center (HPQC) / Application Lifecycle Management (ALM); SAP ECC 6.0, EHP8.
- Lead the SAP Solution Manager upgrade from 7.1 SP13 to 7.2 SP6, including managing the project plan, managing external consultants, performing 7.2 upgrade setup, performing Content Activation for Solution Documentation, designing the Fiori dashboards for user roles, updating the Solution Manager authorization strategy for 7.2, coordinating the testing strategy, and developing and delivering end user training documentation for Change Request Management (ChaRM) and Process Management.
- Supporting SAP Solution Manger 7.2 Solution Documentation, currently leading clean up and end-to-end design of the Business Process Hierarchy for all business areas.
- Implemented Confidential Compliance approval workflow with electronic signatures for Confidential documentation in SAP Solution Manger 7.2 Solution Documentation.
- Configured Test Suite and prepared end user training documentation.
- Actively providing technical troubleshooting and analysis to support the Basis and Change/Release Management teams to resolve cross functional issues.
- Implemented enhancements for Change Request Management (ChaRM), which includes:
- Enhancement of standard ChaRM transaction flows, consisting of Categorization, Approval Procedures, custom assignment blocks, BSP development, BRFplus integration, Mail Forms, and Rule Policies.
- Designed and implemented a customized ChaRM transaction and architecture to enable Authorization Role Approval processing interfacing with CUA. This included customized assignment blocks, BSP development, extensive custom ChaRM configuration, and enhancements to the Approval Procedure processing.
- Designed and implemented a customized ChaRM transaction to support Batch Job Processing requests to replace paper forms, expedite Batch Job changes, and improve audit reporting. Developed and delivered end user training on the new functionality.
- Designed and implemented consolidated Change Management Reporting, resulting in the placement of five manual CM reports, saving approximately 10 resource hours per week.
- Configured the following SAP Solution Manager functionalty: Usage Procedure Logging (UPL), Custom Code Management (CCM), Scope and Effort Analyzer (SEA), Technical Monitoring for Process Integration (PI) in SAP Solution Manager, and Business Process Monitoring for KPIs in FI and SCM.
- Designed authorization strategies, roles, and composite roles for Business Processing Monitoring, ChaRM, and general SAP Solution Management functionality.
SAP SOLUTION MANAGER CONSULTANT
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Environment: s: SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP11, SP13; Hewlett-Packard Quality Center (HPQC) / Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Configured SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Change Request Management (ChaRM) (including email notifications) and SAP CRM Web UI customization (Business Roles, Work Centers, Authorization (PFCG) Roles) customized to meet client’s requirements.
- Configured Quality Gates Management in SAP Solution Manager. Implemented SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Support Pack 13.
- Provided strategy to develop Solution Documentation per SAP best practices. Provided ABAP development, SAP CRM Web UI (BOL/GenIL, AET) enhancements, and utilized BRFplus to meet non-standard requirements.
- Provided Project Planning, requirement gathering and scoping, authoring functional/technical specifications, and Blueprinting.
- Prepared and executed Test plans to support Validation. Developed training plan to rollout Change Request Management to end users.
Confidential, Marietta, GA
Senior Specialist IT Technical
Environment: s: SAP Solution Manager 7.0, 7.1, Hewlett-Packard Quality Center / Application Lifecycle Management (HPQC).
- Configured Change Request Management and Document Management in SAP Solution Manager 7.1.
- Lead team member who conceptualized and implemented the roadmap for Confidential 's SAP Solution Manager and established the vision for the SAP Solution Manager 7.1 upgrade project.
- SAP Project Manager who led the SAP Solution Manager 7.1 upgrade project as well as the SAP Solution Manager system split project which was required because Confidential was split into two companies ( Confidential and AbbVie) in 2013 resulting in a massive, multiple-phased project to clone and separate the complex system landscape. Controlled all areas of the implementation, including the project plan and budget, directed the cross-functional team, and bridged gaps between senior management and technical personnel and process teams during all stages of a project.
- Drove the completion of the SAP Solution Manager 7.1 upgrade project two weeks ahead of schedule due to accelerated time frame of the company split, while keeping the 7.1 upgrade project approximately $100,000 under budget.
- Thus, enabling the SAP Solution Manager system split project to be completed on-time and within budget.
- While functioning as Confidential 's program manager for SAP Solution Manager, was concurrently the Global Applications Support Manager who managed the legacy Solvay team, supported the legacy Solvay SAP Solution Manager system, and continued to function as the Program Manager for Solvay's SAP Solution Manager system.
- Managed and applied optimized solutions in SAP Solution Manager.
Senior IT Analyst
Environment: s: SAP Solution Manager 3.2, 7.0. SAP R/3 3.1H, 4.6B, ECC 5.0. SAP BW 2.1c.
- Implemented SAP Solution Manager including Change Request Management (ChaRM) and Service Desk Management global implementations.
- This resulted in the retirement of legacy change control applications, harmonized the procedure globally, and resulted in an estimated savings of $200,000 per year due to eliminating legacy software licenses and realigned headcount in the area of support.
- Project manager of a global team consisting of technical, functional, testers, and quality assurance members for several implementations and upgrades in a validated environment.
- Managed the implementation and development project schedules and budget and lead the conception and delivery of new change control procedures and standards for the global ERP landscape to provide a harmonized solution and increase user efficiency.
- Developed training material and successfully administered training courses on SAP Solution Manager to international colleagues, consisting of end users, auditors, and functional and technical resources.
- Experienced in all phases of project life cycle (SDLC) including project preparation, authoring functional/technical specifications, Blueprint, Configuration, Development, writing Test plans, Test to Go Live, project wrap-up, and Support/Optimization.
- Lead contributor to developing the vision of Solvay's SAP technology architecture and roadmap, as well as to the implementation of a large long-term global SAP consolidation project using ECC 5.0 to merge globally distributed SAP systems. This included p roviding configuration, functional analysis, and system analysis, primarily in the HR, SD, FI, MM, and PP/PI modules.
- Managed and directed internal and external technical resources and collaborated extensively with cross-functional teams to develop business requirements and validate testing. As a result and as the lead analyst and lead ABAP developer, implemented several technical and functional solutions in order for the business to standardize processing and to improve overall system and business performance via ABAP, RFC, and ALE processing, including a solution that achieved significant cost savings for the company by reducing manual sales order entry by 50% during the first phase of implementation.
- Lead SD Analyst for 2 years, who also configured the Foreign Trade module to provide state and DEA licensing in R/3 for newly acquired DEA controlled substances
Confidential, Lisle, IL
SAP Project Leader
Environment: SAP R/3 3.0D.
- Performed all phases of the project life cycle for two major global go-lives.
- Implemented Shop Floor Control and ASRS processing using ALE and designed front-end for global labeling system to produce product identification labels and customer labels.
- Areas of expertise included: Team management, Project Management, ABAP development and ALE configuration.