- Certified SAP FICO functional consultant with 10 years of the configuration and implementation of SAP FI/CO module and 4+ years of strong domain experience in auditing and accounting.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) - with expertise in Advanced Accountancy, Management Accounting and Financial Management.
- Successfully completed SAP support project, 2 SAP full life cycle implementations and SAP HCM/FI integration project. Also Worked on EHP 7 upgrade, FX Optimization, Global Roll Outs and SAP Accounts Payable (AP) Integration Project.
- Worked on different phases of implementation from Gathering Business Requirement, Gap Analysis, Business Blueprint, Configuration, Integration Testing, Unit Testing, User and Production Support.
- Experience across industry ranging from Confidential, Chemical, Electronics and Insurance.
- New G/L - Architectural and designing experience in Parallel Ledger and Document Splitting (Segment Reporting) in complex multiple currencies and multi-country set up.
- General Ledger integration with SAP MM, SD and HCM modules. Designed and tested end to end procure to pay (AP) process and order to cash (AR) process. End to end process understanding and designing of ‘Order to Cash’ and ‘Procure to Pay’.
- Designing and Configured Chart of Accounts, Field Status Variant, Document Type and Account Groups. Designed and configured Customer and Vendor account groups.
- Financial Closing Cockpit add on 2.0.
- Configured Dunning Keys and Dunning Procedures.
- Configured Automatic Clearing.
- Set up of inter-company transactions and cross-company code transactions.
- Design, configuration and testing of foreign currency valuation and translation.
- Configuration of adjustment account for regrouping receivable and payable account.
- Configured Down Payment request, Down Payments and clearing thereof.
- Design and configuration of Accrual Engine.
- FI and CO Validation and Substitution.
- Exchange Rates and Translation Ratios.
- Cost Center Hierarchy, Cost Center Planning, Calculation of planned and actual activity rates, Assessment, Distribution, direct and indirect activity allocation. Creation and assignment of primary and secondary cost element.
- Profit center accounting and segment reporting in New GL.
- Internal Order - Configuration of Order Type and Settlement Profile and Allocation structure.
- Product Costing in repetitive manufacturing using product cost collector, order type, product cost planning, configuration for material cost estimate with/without quantity structure. Calculation of Confidential and variance.
- Plant maintenance cost accounting.
- Profitability Analysis - Defining of characteristics and its derivation. Defining of value fields and assignment to SD conditions, settlement of production variances and configuration of valuation strategy.
- Implementation of end to end dispute management in a PSU. Configured and implemented dispute management. Designed end user process and provided .
- Implementation of end to end collections management in a PSU. Used Business Rule Framework (BRF) to redesign dunning and collections management.
- Configuration of Automatic Payment Program (FBZP), House Bank, Payment Method and Account Determination, Configured Electronic Bank Statement including complex of search strings, Configured Confidential payments and Confidential format payment.
- Configured Lockbox Processing.
- Configuration of Chart of Depreciation, Asset Class and account determination, Real and derived Depreciation Areas for parallel accounting and Depreciation keys, business process design related to Asset Accounting - integrated/non-integrated purchase, sale, retirement and transfer, Internal Order/Project Systems as investment measure.
- Designed complex reports using SAP Query and Report Painter.
- Integration with non-SAP systems like InterPLX and Data-stage using IDOCs, function module and BAPIs. Experienced in designing interface and identifying/testing IDOCs and BAPIs relevant to posting accounting document and logistic invoice verification.
Confidential, Fort Defiance, AZ
SAP FSCM/FICA Consultant
- Implementation of end to end dispute management. Configured and implemented dispute management. Designed end user process and provided .
- Implementation of end to end collections management. Used Business Rule Framework (BRF) to redesign dunning and collections management.
- Implementation of latest Financial Closing cockpit add on 2.0 with enablement of email notification functionality. Prepared POC for financial closing cockpit and won the project. Gathered all the business steps for monthly closing and created template for monthly closing. Also, provided user on Closing cockpit customization, preparation and execution.
- Understanding of business process of Utility industry and develop a test plan to include testing of end to end business processes.
- Documentation and execution of test scripts in FICO, FICA module including funds management and grant management. Defect resolution, if any.
SAP CO Consultant
- Confidential had issues with its month end closing process because of which Confidential calculation was not getting posted to FI and it resulted in mismatch in GL account balance and Confidential report ( Confidential ). To reconcile the same user posted manual entries in Confidential account.
- As a CO consultant I observed Confidential ’s month end closing process and configuration. I made configuration changes to correct the errors that resulted at the time of settlement of production orders. I helped accounts team reconciled Confidential report ( Confidential ) with Confidential GL account at order level, accounts team was able to reverse the effect of manual entries posted in earlier months.
- Similarly, Confidential was not settling sales order since inception. I observed the same, made configuration changes and introduce new closing step to close sales order items.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
SAP FI Consultant
- Optimization of foreign exchange re-measurement and translation process by removal of redundant or duplicate valuation areas, aligning account determination of foreign exchange gain/loss accounts and aligning user variants. Configuration and testing of new valuation areas.
- Activation of new GL scenario in non-leading ledger.
- Support migration from old T-code for foreign currency valuation (FAGL FC VAL) to FAGL FCV. Support user in error resolution during month end process.
- Wrote and tested CO substitution rule.
- Application of relevant notes for the new T-Code FAGL FCV to resolve errors and/or add new functionality.
- Design and testing of custom program with Workflow to move entries in bulk from one GL account to another.
Confidential, Oklahoma City
SAP FI/CO Onsite Lead
- Worked as FICO functional team member as well as onsite coordinator in a client facing role. Gained understanding of client’s business and business process.
- Supported General Ledger (New GL), Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP) with Readsoft, Asset Accounting, Bank Accounting, Product Costing (REM and Process Orders), Profitability Analysis
- Below are some of the examples on nature of issues resolved
- Corrected issue related to document splitting at the time of Confidential settlement. Worked with SAP OSS to resolve issue related to incorrect update of SAP table FAGLFLEXA.
- Designed end to end process to clear incoming payment from customer in the bank clearing account.
- Resolved issues related to derivation of Profit center in intercompany vendor invoice and updating of COPA field for COGS.
- Configured inter-company process for companies where inter-company was not previously mapped.
- Mapped new bank codes in EBS configuration and designed process for automatic clearing of ‘clearing accounts’. Extensively used search strings for substituting posting rules and updating ‘assignment’ field.
- Communicated with the bank, received the file format and configured Confidential format tree for generation of outgoing payment file. Involved in end to end configuration and testing of the files.
- Suggested and configured accrual engine for month end processing instead of passing manual recurring entries. Also, suggested use of GL distribution cycle feature to distribute accrual amount to other cost centers.
- Extended Asset accounting to new company code in china by creating Chart of Depreciation and Depreciation key. Configured and tested Confidential settlement through internal order.
- Identified flaws in maintenance accounting and suggested correct approach for booking of actual cost in maintenance cost center and settlement of maintenance cost to production cost center.
- Created reports in report painter to extract and display monthly trial balance.
- Provided specifications to ABAP developers to add functionality where payment advice after automatic payment run can be sent to multiple email IDs.
- Configured Special Procurement keys to roll out product cost in warehouse plants.
- Configured Confidential for Process Orders.
- Created and mapped new SD condition types to COPA.
- Resolved tickets related to update of COPA values for inter-company billing document.
- Wrote specifications to develop custom report from COPA data.
- Identified and tested BAPI to post trial balance from non-SAP system to SAP. Designed the process and provided specification to technical team to develop the interface.
- Identified and tested IDOC to post line items from 3rd party T & E system InterPLX (similar to Concur) to SAP. Designed business process to record all the details per employee in SAP and payment of the same to 3rd party.
- Designed and developed complex reports using SAP query tool.
- Wrote technical specification for complex reporting cost booking against WBS and payment of the same along with details of vendor and payments
- Wrote technical specification for custom asset retirement and asset acquisition reporting.
SAP FI/CO Lead
- Involved in implementation of roll out project, including defining the additional business requirements, GAP analysis, configuration and testing.
- Analyzed the existing system for AS-IS study, gathered functional requirements through workshops.
- Documented and extended organization structure to include Organization Structure of multiple countries into the Global Template.
- Tested and documented business processes and configuration for new company codes.
- Configured in Fixed Asset Accounting new Chart of Depreciation, Depreciation Areas, Depreciation Keys and Depreciation Posting Rules.
- Involved in legacy data migration using SAP interfaces and middleware.
- Responded to user requirements, problem resolution, developed designs, and process modeling.
Confidential, Southbury, CT
Senior SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Involved in end to end implementation, including defining the business requirements, analyzing the gap, configuration and testing.
- Participated in workshops and prepared Business Requirement Document.
- Participated in design of Organization Structure including Company Codes, Profit Center Hierarchy and Cost Center Hierarchy.
- Worked on complex environment of multi-currency and multi-country set up.
- Worked on onsite-offshore model. Handled a team at offshore consisting of functional and technical consultants.
- Worked on following SAP FICO objects -
- New GL including features like Parallel Ledger and Document Splitting for Segment Reporting.
- Configured Chart of Accounts, Field Status Variant, Document Type and Account Groups.
- Worked on the integration of FI with SD module. Tested end to end OTC cycles. Designed, configured and tested process like - Revenue recognition - standard, time related and service related.
- Configures, designed and tested Intercompany transaction scenarios like- Intercompany sales order processing, Inter company Stock transfer, Configured EDI for automatic posting to Vendor Account.
- Worked on integration of FI with Materials Management (MM). Prototyped and demonstrated various procure to pay processes. These processes includes demonstration of functionalities like 3-way match logistic invoice verification and invoice reduction, Integrated Asset purchase, Vendor Down Payment request, down payment and clearing of the same.
- Configuration of Automatic Payment Program for payment in local and foreign currency, House Banks setup, Payment Output using the Classical method as well as the payment medium workbench.
- Configured and tested Foreign Currency Valuation & Translation.
- Configured Electronic Bank Reconciliation.
- Designed and configured Validation & Substitution in accounting document.
- Configured Dunning Keys and Dunning Procedures.
- Configured Fixed Asset Accounting including asset classes and account determination, defined depreciation areas posting to leading and non-leading ledger, Configure depreciation keys and depreciation posting methods, worked on Integration of Asset accounting and Internal Order to capture Asset under construction.
- Worked on Capturing requirements for Internal Allocations and Settlements. Configured Allocation and Distribution Cycles.
- Configured different internal order types, settlement profile and allocation rules to settle the internal orders to different cost objects.
- Experienced in legacy Data Migration using LSMW/IDOC/BAPI.
SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Performed On-going and post SAP implementation reviews for FICO module for various clients. Had interaction with end users from management level to data entry operators to understand the business processes and problems faced by them.
- The reviews covered SAP configuration for SAP FICO module, performing configuration for suggested solution and help the clients in putting adequate controls and optimizing business processes mapped in SAP.
- Provided recommendations for adequate controls provided to the clients helped them in putting adequate controls in accessing, creating & changing master data, creating master data with necessary properties (like field controls based on account groups), minimizing risk of errors at the time of document entry, minimizing risk with respect to integrity of data (like restricting duplication of data in the system).
- Provided recommendations for optimization of Business Processes in SAP helped clients in adopting SAP Best Practices. Major recommendations were in the areas of major business processes like Invoice Processing (MIRO & FB60), Indirect Taxation, Direct Taxation (Extended Withholding Tax), Advances to Vendor & Customer and Clearing of the same, maintenance of clearing accounts, Cash & Bank, General Ledger Account Maintenance, Vendor/Customer Account maintenance, Accurate Presentation of Financial Statements, Treasury, Asset Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Cost Center Accounting etc.
SAP FI Consultant
- Designed, demonstrated and Configured New GL including features like document splitting and zero balance functionality, defined Chart of Accounts, Field Status Variant, Document Type and Account Groups.
- Configuration of Automatic Payment Program for payment in local and foreign currency.
- Configured and tested Foreign Currency Valuation including Valuation Method, defining Valuation Area, linking Valuation Method to Ledger Group.
- Worked on MM/SD integration with FI (OBYC and VKOA).
- Configured With-holding tax codes and incoming and outgoing taxes as per respective Tax Acts.
- Configured in Fixed Asset Accounting including Asset Classes, Account Determinations, defined Depreciation Areas, Depreciation Keys and Depreciation Posting Rules.
- Configured Financial Statement Version.
- Configured Customer/Vendor Reclassification.
Accounts Payable - Functional Lead
- Understood end to end process and scenarios to be included in Invoice Verification in MIRO, FB60, FB01, Down Payment Request (F-47) and Advance Adjustment (F-54).
- Analysis, selection and testing of SAP interfaces (BAPI, RFCs, FMs etc.) to interface SAP and Net weaver.
- Prepared UTR and got UAT approved from end users.
- Designed specifications and provided to technical team detailing the functionality of interface and overall application. Analyzed gap in interfaces and provided specification to technical team to cover the same by developing BDCs, custom program and BAPI extensions.
- Used out of the box thinking to provide solution to client in some scenarios where custom solution was not available.
SAP FI Consultant
- Understood payroll posting process. Gathered all the requirements from client with respect to GL accounts to be posted for various payroll components.
- Configured Symbolic Accounts and linked them to Wage Type, Configured account determination to post Payroll components to FICO module.
- Prepared configuration design document detailing configuration steps.
- Supported HR functional consultant related to PF reports, professional tax reports, ETDS and amount reconciliation.
- Performed unit test and integrated testing to cover all the scenarios. Prepared material and provided end user .