- Over fourteen years of experience in the IT industry of which twelve years devoted directly to business intelligence, systems design, management & development.
- Experience with administration of System Management Tools - CMC Central Management Console, Upgrade Management Tool.
- Experienced in Building universes on top of HANA information models for Webi/Dashboard.
- Moved BI resources from one repository to another, managed dependencies of resources and rolled back promoted objects, in case of errors.
- Experienced in designing user interfaces for reports using Business Objects XI 4.0/4.1/4.2, Crystal Xcelsius 4.5/2008, Dashboards 4.0 (Xcelsius), Analysis for Excel/OLAP, Design Studio 1.4/1.5, Interactive Analysis (Webi 4.2), IDT, BI Launch Pad, Portal Infoview, Report Conversion Tool
- Involved in Full life cycle (analysis, design, integrating BI to BO, design, development and deployment) of Business Objects reporting Applications with Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports and Dashboards.
- Facilitated on BI tools and user adoption of Webi, Dashboards, OLAP analysis.
- Excellent experience in designing Business Objects universes, complex BO reports both full client and Web Intelligence Reports. Creating Business Objects Ad-hoc Reporting (Webi) by accessing data using Universes, Personal data files and BEx queries.
- Worked on multiple Implementations, Roll Outs and Production Support projects.
- Worked as team with high performance teams helping the unit work as a whole and achieve great results through team work, mentoring and coaching to achieve consistent results. Was involved in the QA testing for the Webi, Dashboard, IDT Universe with the End Users and Power Users.
- Has performed unit testing, integration testing and cycle testing. Have excellent communication and documentation skills, proven ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and completing them within time and budget.
- Provide post-implementation, enhancement and maintenance support to client for application.
- Conducted multiple sessions with IT and Business users on Application support and trouble shooting. Extensive experience with advanced Xcelsius concepts like “What if analysis”, Dynamic visibility, interactive charts live data with Query as a Web Service (QaaWS).
- Analyze the reporting requirements with the business users/architects and come up with the technical specifications for universe and BO reports. Designed and Documented Universe and Report Requirements Definition templates.
BI Tools/Modules: Business Objects (BI 4.0/4.1/4.2, 3.1/XI R3/XI R2/6.x),BI launch Pad, Infoview, Interactive Analysis (Web Intelligence), SAP BI 7.0 SAP BW 7.3/7.4, Web Intelligence Rich Client, Desktop Intelligence, Report Conversion, Crystal Reports 2011/2008, Crystal reports for Enterprise 4, IDT, Universe Designer, Dash board designer, Xcelsius 2008, Qaaws, Live office, CMC, CMS, Windows AD, Promotion Management (LCM), Broadcast Agent, Business Explorer, Design Studio 1.4/15, Tableau 7.0, MSRS 2005,2008, Lumira 1.2, Analysis for Office Excel/OLAP
Database(s)/Tools: SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, SQL Plus, SSIS, Netezza, MS Access 2003ODBC, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, Oracle-SQL, T-SQL, SAP BW, TOAD, Query AnalyzerWinSQL,SAP HANA 1.0(SP9)
Languages and Technologies: Visual Basic 6.0, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, PL/SQL, SQL/T-SQL, VB Script, Java Script, Dundas.net.
Other Tools: MS Office 2010/2007/2003 Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Project, Visual Studio, HP Quality Center, SharePoint Portal 2003.Eclipse Java EE IDE (Neon)
Internet/Intranet: ASP, XML, XSL, IIS, HTML, XML Web Services, DHTML, CSS
Platforms: MS Windows 9x/NT/XP/Vista/7, Windows 2003, MS DOS
PROFESSIONAL IT/SAP BI BOBJ EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Miami, FL
Sr. Consultant - SAP Business Objects
- Created content using native SQL for data extracts and also leveraged the existing objects within the BOBJ universe to allow for better data governance.
- Created Summary - Detail hyperlink report with dynamic hyperlinks in the Summary report and passed the parameter to the detail report.
- Integrated business intelligence directly into the MS office environment with SAP Business Objects Live Office, embed trusted, refreshable information within PowerPoint presentations. Reduced the dashboard loading time by scheduling the backed source Webi reports for the live office and changing the live office refresh option to pick from the latest instance.
- Enabled dynamic report linking by passing Variables prompts between reports.
- Created Webi reports with multiple queries, custom SQL, using complex functions, merging dimensions at report level, drill, complex filters. Supported variety of incidents and work orders.
Environment: IDT, BOBJ 4.2, Webi 4.2, Live Office XI 4.2, Tableau 10.5, SQL Server 2008
Confidential, Greenwood Village, CO
Sr. Consultant - SAP BI Analytics
- Diagnose and resolve production database and BO reporting incidents. Manage and support weekly reporting table data loads.
- Created Universes with BW objects exposed as HANA views and developed Webi reports using IDT Universes. Integrating HANA views with Reporting tools like AAO, Lumira.
- Analyze the reporting requirements with the business users/architects and come up with the technical Specifications for universe and BO reports. Designed and Documented Universe and Report Requirements Definition templates.
- Implemented SAP BW on HANA specific modelling for standard and self-service reporting.
- Migrated existing Canned Webi reports from 4.1 SP7 to 4.2 SP3 which includes post migration validation.
- Worked on new version SAP Business Objects 4.2 to migrate the existing WEBI reports to use direct connection to SAP HANA information Views.
Environment: SAP Business Objects 4.1/4.2, CMC, IDT, Webi 4.1/4.2, Analysis for Excel, SQL Developer, Lumira 1.2, SAP BW 7.5, SAP HANA 1.0(SP9), Bex Analyzer
Confidential, Lansing, MI
- Worked with SAP BW Data sources (Info cubes & Custom Bex Queries) to create Universes and Webi-reports. Created Webi reports on SAP BW / BEx and Universe as data source.
- Understanding the user Requirements and prepared Technical Specification and Unit Test documents for all the Webi reports.
- Developed Webi reports using the BICS connections and BW BEx Query as data source.
- Trained Power users and Business users on building their skills to assist in the development and testing of new reports.
- Implemented Translation into Spanish of universe and reports in enterprise environment by using Translation management tool and report function.
- Enabling ad-hoc/self-service BI solutions through various BO solutions such as Analysis for Excel, Lumira and Design Studio data discovery templates.
- Developed as well as assisted developers build complex reports. Used various techniques like Master-Detail, Sectioning, Filters, Alerter, Ranking, Cross Tabs, Graphs, Variables, User defined objects, Drill mode, Prompts and Conditions to make reports accurate and easier for analysis.
- Used Promotion Management tool for migrating reports/Universe's from one environment to another.
- Created OLAP Universes on SAP data Info Cubes using Universe Designer and IDT
- Developed proof of concept in Lumira development & deployment, and ad-hoc reporting.
Environment: SAP Business Objects 4.0/4.1, CMC, IDT, BICS, BEX Analyzer, Live Office, Webi 4.1, dashboard designer, Analysis for Office Excel, ChaRM, Design Studio 1.4/5, Promotion Management
Confidential, St.Paul, MN
- Updated existing universes by adding Tables and applying joins/cardinalities.
- Create Dynamic Dashboards against database using Crystal Xcelsius 2008.
- Used Query builder to query Repository and to recognize number of groups, users, active users, frequent users. Enable auditing features on each of the business objects servers in production to analyze or track the usage of reports and other actions.
- Developed complex Webi reports using combined queries, merging dimensions, local variables, ranking and multiple data providers, sections, breaks, drill down, hyperlinked reports, complex functions at the report level to satisfy the end user requirement.
- Automated document Scheduling, Publishing and Distribution for Webi and Info View clients.
- Developed various dashboards illustrating data visualizations using Tableau Desktop
- Created and implemented Tableau visualizations prototypes to users using Tableau Desktop.
Environment: SAP BO XI 3.0/3.1, Webi (Thin/Rich), Tableau 7.0, Infoview, Xcelsius ‘08, Netezza, CMC.
Confidential, St.Paul, MN
Sr. BI Developer
- Upgraded existing complex Confidential packages to corresponding SSIS by using integration services Control Flow and Data Flow Transformation tasks.
- Created and implemented requirements and designs using MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 adhering to industry leading technology and best practices.
- Upgraded existing Confidential packages and worked on enhancing several transformations in Data Flow including Derived-Column, Script, Lookup, Data Conversion and Conditional Split.
- Set up the Report Server and moved the existing reports to SQL Server Reporting Services 2008.
Environment: Visual Studio 2008, SSRS, SSIS, SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL, Team Foundation Server, Crystal Reports 2008, BIDS 2008, Oracle 11g.
Confidential, Oklahoma City, OK
Business Objects Consultant
- Creating, enhancing, and testing of universes and reports in coordination with DBA and architects.
- Developed a custom application deployment package capable of deploying SharePoint Portal customizations in a number of environments, this deployment package is capable of deploying portal customizations (Xcelsius dashboards, templates, Gauges & Charts).
- Worked extensively with the major functionality of BO like Breaks, sections, Sorts, List of values (LOV), Calculations and Ranking.
- Modified report content, distributed reports in multiple formats such as Excel & PDF and monitored the reports daily in Business Objects environment.
Environment: SQL Plus, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i R2, Toad for Oracle, Xcelsius 4.5 work group, QaaWS, SAP Business Objects XI 3.0, Webi, Infoview, Universe Designer, Crystal Reports 2008
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
Sr. Business Objects Developer
- Scheduled canned reports through Broadcast Agent Publisher for distribution and printing.
- Diagnosed and resolved production database and reporting incidents.
- Work on the daily production support tasks and the ongoing maintenance activities to support the Enterprise Data Warehouse Reporting environment.
- Enforce use of Business Objects standards, guidelines and best practices for use of Business Objects and related data warehouse and reporting solution platforms. Applied reusable code design, leverage Webi capabilities/functionality.
- Provide support to Power Users on the Business Objects Suite of tools along with to Business Analysts on the Business Objects Suite of tools.
- Updated the existing Universe by adding new tables, Classes, Objects and creating predefined conditions and prompts for the new reporting requirements.
- Created Drillable reports through hierarchies and by report link through hyperlinks.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, Business Objects XI R2, DeskI/Webi, Confidential, Infoview. VSS
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Created Dynamic Live Dashboards by using web services (QaaWS) against Oracle database.
- Work in conjunction with system and database administrators, and security personnel to provide production support for al EIM-related systems and applications.
- Extensively used calculations, variables, filters, conditions, breaks, sorting, drill down, slice and dice, master/detail, cross tab, charts and alerts for creating SAP Business Objects reports.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, Xcelsius 4.5, QaaWS, SSRS, Crystal Reports XI REL2, Business Objects XI R2, DeskI/Webi, Confidential, Infoview, VSS, Araxis Merge 6.5, Nant, SQL Plus, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i