- Almost 20 years experiences in SAP global implementation and production support. 20 full life cycle implementations and 8 upgrades. Worked in the latest SAP version ECC 6.0.
- Extensive configuration and production support experience in SAP FI/CO, PS, SD, FM, MM, PP, Customer Service, EC - CS, HR, EDI, IPM, Security, ABAP, BW,Workflow, HANA,and BPC.
- FI: Corporate Finance Management, Treasury, New General Ledger, Account Payable, Account Receivable, Asset Management, Special Ledger, Investment Management, Travel Management and IPM.
- CO: CostCenter Accounting, Cost Element Accounting, Internal Order, Product Costing, ProfitCenter Accounting, and Profitability Analysis.
- FSCM: Credit Management, Collection Management, Biller Direct, and Dispute Management.
- BPC 10.1: Planning, budgeting, forecasting and consolidation
- MM: Purchasing, Inventory Management, Logistic Inventory Management.
- SD: Sales, Shipping and Billing.
- PP: Bill of material, work center and routing, production order.
- HANA: Table, Data Service. S/4 HANA, Simple Finace. Business Intelligence
- Expert in revenue recognition in these scenarios: deferred the revenue until the customer received product, until the customer fully control the product, until the customer could use the machinery, and revenue recognition for annual lease contract. Conducted Revenue recognition for different industries: media, medical equipment manufacture, High Tech equipment manufacture, Consumer product, and so on.
- Expertise in intercompany function, document split with over 999 line items, VAT, Bills of exchange, plant abroad, foreign currency hedging, extended withholding tax, lockbox, ACH, BACS, E-signature, positive pay, credit card payment, electronic bank statement, deferred tax, Vertex,Sales and Use Tax, foreign currency revaluation and translation, Accrual Engine, SOX, GAP, IFRS report, company split and merge.
- Developed many SAP interfaces: SAP to Peoplesoft; SAP to American Express, SAP to Real Estate third party software, SAP to insurance software, SAP to other ERP software,SAP to Host and SAP to Golden VAT system.
- Created many ABAP specifications for special reports and custom modifications.
- Utilized ABAP query and report painter and writer to create many financial reports,financial statement, COPA and special ledger reports.
- Created many LSMW to load master data (CostCenter, ProfitCenter, GL, Vendor, Customer, and Asset Management) from legacy system to SAP. Created many LSMW to load the GL balance, open AP and AR transaction data from the legacy system to SAP.
- SAP Industry experience: Health Insurance, Retirement Insurance, Property Management, Semiconductor Manufacture, Logistic Warehouse, Consumer Goods, High Tech, Auto Parts Manufacture, Wholesale distribution, Medical Equipment, Electronics,Media, Wine and Apparel and Footwear.
- SAP global implementation experience in the following countries: US, China, Canada, Germany, Belgium, England, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Mexico, and France.
Confidential, Boise, ID
Sr. SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Designed and Created interface between Kyriba and SAP.
- Tested FI, CO, and PS for the SAP EHP 7 support package upgrade.
- Created the ABAPer specification and tested the program for the retention.
- Configured bank accounts, payment methods, EFT, wire and check,and Bank Statement for a few company codes in Netherlands and US.
- Conducted the research of the solution for Spain SII new change requirement.
- Created custom field in PS to meet the customer requirement.
- Changed the check layout for new requirement from Chile government.
- Changed Smartform to Adobe and updated 1099 for the year of 2016.
- Configured multiple vendors with same tax ID for 1099.
- Fixed the withholding tax issue in 1099.
- Configured all submodules in FI and CO for the company in Netherland.
- Managed and finished the new revenue recognition project.
- Fixed the issue in transfer pricing reconsolidation report to include partner company information.
- Managed the project of the real time foreign currency exposure report reflection unrealized and realized currency gain and loss.
- Fixed many issues in Project System.
- Conducted production supports to fix different issues for over 1000 company codes worldwide and provided the training document to train the user.
Confidential, Boise, ID
Sr. SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Created 8 company codes for LG UK and Luxemburg and configured FI and CO in these company codes. Conducted the testing in DEV and QAS and created testing documentation.
- Created the change request and joined the change request meeting. Managed the change request in different process level from requirement collection from users, functional and technical design, unit test, integration test, test document creation, user training document creation, management approval and production support.
- Provided solution to the user who want to have different address for one vendor.
- Created fixed depreciation annual report based on the Calendar year which the fixed asset is maintained in the fiscal year.
- Modified AR custom report by adding original document currency amount, current document currency amount, original local currency, currency local currency, original group currency, currency group currency.
- Configured more currency exchange rate that would be used by the client.
- Created the new document type and assigned to the foreign currency revaluation and translation.
- Verified the extracted information from SAP for BPC.
- Conducted intercompany setting for over 100 company codes.
- Created the substitution to populate the information in ZCustomer field. Created the validation for some company codes and document type.
- Configured SAP FI/CO for its joint venture in US. Created the test documentations.
- Configured ACH payment and e-signatures on Check and conducted testing. Created the users training document.
- Wrote the specification for some custom program and conducted the testing.
- Conducted the following test in IPM: creating employee business partner, sales contract, IP maintenance, mass change template to change FI line status to cancel and updating posting date and many custom reports. Performed the testing from Intellectual Property Management to FI.
- Provided the production support to accounting department for the daily activity, month end and year end closing.
SAP BPC Consultant
- Creating the Environment, Dimensions and Models for the planning, budget, forecasting and consolidation.
- Conducted and configured the data validation, journal posting, ownership calculation, currency conversion, intercompany matching, intercompany booking, intercompany elimination, elimination and adjustment on the parent company investment in the subsidiary, and carry forward for the consolidation.
- Created logic script, business rule, input template, report template, work status, business process flow and controls in BPC.
- Set up security by creating task profiles, data access profile and assigned them to users.
- Uploaded and verified the data.
Sr. SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Collected current business process and requirement. Conducted the gap analysis for the SAP implementation. Configured Account Receivable, Account Payable, New GL, Asset Management, CostCenter Accounting, ProfitCenter Accounting, Treasury and Product Costing.Created the configuration, test document and user training document.
- Created interface from SAP to Host and custom program for the positive pay file.
Sr. SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Configured Account Receivable, Account Payable, New GL, Asset Management, CostCenterAccounting, ProfitCenter Accounting and Treasury.
- Configured the lockbox for intercompany function, check, wire and ACH payment,electronic bank statement and FSCM which contains dispute management, collection management and credit management,
- Conductedunit testing for thenew GL, account receivable, account payable, asset management, cost center and profit center, electronic bank statement and lockbox for intercompany function. Performed the integration test from sales to receiving the payment through lockbox, and PO to the payment on the bank statement.
- Transferred the legacy fixed assets to SAP.
- Conducted cutover task and master data verification for the data upload to SAP.
- Configured the account determination for the foreign currency valuation for the new GL accounts created. Defined account determination for the foreign currency translation.
- Created new account groups and financial statement versions for GAAP and IFRS reports.
- Created many new dispute reason codes in many company codes and linked these new dispute reason codes with different profit centers for the different reports.
- Assigned many profit centers and cost centers to cost elements.
- Updated the custom table ZPCD for the default profit centers based on sales org, distribution channel, Division, Account Assignment Group, Valuation Class, Plant, and Sub-brand. Defaulted the account assignment for cost element with different combination between cost center and profit center.
- Reorganized the profit center standard hierarchy to meet new report requirement. Created many new profit centers and profit center groups in the new standard hierarchy.
- Configured different down payment accounts in AR and AP for different countries, so the down payment balance for the customer and vendor were transferred from reconciliation accounts to these specific down payment accounts. The down payment in every countries would be clearly showed separately in the financial statement.
- Created new lease asset class with the new depreciation key to calculate the interest posting for both book and tax.
- Configured new bank account, new payment method, and bank partner profile to send the check file to the Wells Fargo by EDI, so the Wells Fargo could print out the checks and send them to the vendors.
Sr. SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Configured Electronic Bank Statement in the Treasurywith the following:account symbols, keys for posting rule and transaction type, assigned account to account symbols, defined the posting rule, assigned external transaction to the posting rule. Created document type ZA and ZB for the bank statement and assigned transaction and variant for the document splitting.
- Configured lockbox and ACH outgoing payment by using payment Medium Workbench. Set up the job to process the incoming lockbox file and to send out the outgoing ACH file to the bank.
- Created profile for the production order TECO but not closed to enable the user to perform the analysis for the production order.
- Defined material field in for GL line item display, so the user can view material in GL report.
- Created work center, bill of material, routing, production order, and conducted the settlement of the production order to fix some issue in product costing report.
- Fixed the issue for the missing document number. Created payment method for ACH, Wire, and Credit Card. Fixed the incorrect order in the financial statement version. Fixed the issue that the check printed with incorrect company name.
- Created BPP and trained the users for the month end process and year end process.
- Fixed document splitting issue for some GL accounts.
- Created the job to process the recurring entry automatically every month and close the MM, FI, and CO period automatically every month.
- Fixed configuration issue in two new company codes and tested it successfully.
- Classified GL accounts and document type for the document splitting. Defined zero balance account, defined document split characteristics for GL accounting and Controlling.
- Created document type and number for the billback credit memo.
- Created job for VFX3 in the billing and sent the result to user inbox every day automatically.
- Created query for GL report with material number.
- Created ABAP specification for the interface between SAP and third party software, Concur.
- Fixed the missing information in FAGLFLAXA table for some accounting documents and released the accounting document for the cancelled billing documents successfully.
- Helped users to enter the budget data into SAP. Helped the accounting department to do the year end closing.
- Fixed the issue that the voided checks were printed before the real check was printed for two new company codes.
- Created the customer statement. Configured check printing sorted by payee’s name. Created several jobs and sent the result to user’s inbox.
- Provided the production support to solve all kind of issues in FI and CO and created training material.
Sr. SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Collected current business process and requirement. Conducted the gap analysis for the SAP implementation in Mexico. Configured accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, treasury, asset management, special ledger, cost element accounting, cost center accounting, internal order, profit center accounting and profitability analysis. Configured IVA tax, deferred tax and withholding tax for Mexico. Configured logistic invoice verification in MM.
- Created characteristic and value field, linked value field with the condition type, and defined the characteristic derivation. Configured the flow of actual value from FI/MM and SD. Created COPA reports.
- Conducted revenue recognition.
- Grouped together valuation area and configured automatic posting in valuation and account assignment in Material Management. Configured logistic invoice verification in Material Management.
- Configured credit management and risk management.
- Configured the integration among FI to SD, FI to MM, and FI to Customer Service.
- Configured Customer Service. Created activity type and defined user-defined planner profile to ensure that Customer Service works properly.
- Created ABAP specification for the custom reports. Modified deferred tax program to handle two tax lines for one tax code.
- Conducted the testing from sales order to cash received, purchasing order to invoice paid.
- Created LSMW to load the master data of the customer, vendor, CostCenter, ProfitCenter, GL with English and Spanish description. Created LSMW to load both master data and transaction data of the asset management. Created LSMW to load the GL balance and open AP and AR transaction data.
- Trained the users and helped user to do the month end activities to close the accounting book.
Sr. SAP FI/CO consultant
- Configured automatic bank statement in treasury with the following:created account symbols, assigned account to account symbols, created key for the posing rules, defined posting rules, created transaction type and assigned bank account to transaction type.
- Configured manual bank statement in the following sections: created and assigned the bank transaction, defined posting keys, posting rule and variants. for the manual bank statement.
- Created ABAPer specification for the borrowing base report. Conducted testing.
Sr. SAP FI/CO consultant
- Responsible to solve all kind of issues after the previous projects went live.
- Used LSMW to update the assignment field in over 200,000 FICA invoices which was already created. Created and assigned the Variant for the ACH payment though payment medium workbench to solve that ACH payment file never sent out to the bank. Worked with workflow analyst to set up and test the notification in user’s inbox when the invoice IDOC was failed. Solved all kinds of reason that the billing documents were not generated.
- Helped to settle the production order and WBS in the rework process and production order scrap. Configured the settlement rule of WBS for cost center.
- Provided support to project system, investment management and asset.
- Created LSMW to cancel over thousands of billing documents for the Vertex testing.
- Fixed the issues related with lockbox. Identified the invoice that could not be generated in the payment run. Solved the issue that ACH and check payment did not pick up any invoice.
- Created an EDI vendor report specification and worked with ABAPer to create this report.
SAP Project Manager
- Managed the project. Defined project scope, analyzed gap, designed, configured SAP GL, AP, Asset Management, CCA, CEA, IO, PCA, COPA and built the AP and GL interface from A+system to SAP.
- Created test scenario, test cases, cutover plan, and heat tickets to move the transport to PRD. Managed the unit and integration tests.
- Created custom program for revenue recognition.
- Created LSMW to load AP, AR, GL and Asset Management master and transaction data from legacy system to SAP.
- Configured freight taxable in some states in the Vertex.
- Created AP and GL interface specification and worked with A+ system and SAP programmer to create AP and GL interface and 1099 report.
- Did the production support to solve all issues in SAP FI/CO. Corrected incorrect GL posting for asset retirement with revenue. Created anew COPA report. Defaulted the document type for FB60. Changed the accounting clerk and credit representative group. Created new payment method and mapped to the new GL account for the intercompany payment.
Sr. SAP FI/CO consultant
- Performed the gap analysis and created the blue print document. Conducted full implementation for Confidential China. Configured New GL, AR, AP, Treasury, Asset Management, IM, CEA, CCA, IO, PA, PCA, PC, PS and integration with SD, MM, and PP.
- Configured bills of exchange and tested the interface between SAP and the Golden VAT system.
- Assigned GL accounts to item category, verified business transaction, assigned FI document type for the document splitting, verified the splitting method and document splitting characteristics and defaulted account assignment. Created profit centers under the new GL.
- Created the costing sheet, defined overhead key and groups, defined cost variants, results analysis keys and created settlement profile. Configured product costing by period. Activated the valuation area for material ledger and actual costing.
- Conducted the unit and integration testing and verified all data.
- Created training material to train the users.
Sr. SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Involved in defining project scope, gap analysis, and architect design for the SAP implementation in China. Configured GL, AR, AP, Treasury,SPL, CCA, CEA, IO, PA, PCA, PC, Project System, COPA, and integration between SD to FI and MM to FI.
- Configured VAT and created interface between SAP to the Golden VAT system to print out the special VAT invoice in China.
- Created revenue recognition program.
- Created new query for GL report and deleted the alternative account in all GL accounts in two company codes.
- Provided the production support for its Europe subsidiary. Changed the VAT rate based on the user requirement. Fixed the issue in the Instate report.
- Created new tax codes for many countries in EU to meet EU’s tax change requirement.
- Transferred the asset from SAP to Oracle and retired all assets in SAP.
- Configured revenue recognition for service.
- Used LSMW to create over hundreds profit centers.
- Created training document in SAP FI/CO and trained the users.
Senior SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Participated inSAPCRM and SCM implementation in US and were in charge of the cutover for the FI team. Created and solved the Remedy ticket and CR request in FI/CO area. Conducted the unit, regression tests and integration test. Created and monitored the test case, defect ticket and test result in HP Quality Center.
- Configured project system and created WBS and project network, posted amount to WBS and run the settlement
- Collected the Revenue Recognition business requirement and worked with ABAPer to createthe Revenue Recognition program. Tested the Revenue Recognition program in all scenarios in SD, FI and COPA. Improved the performance of the Revenue Recognition program. Created the Revenue Recognition report.Set up jobs for the Revenue Recognition program. Provided the production support for the Revenue Recognition program.
- Configured jurisdiction code, input and output tax codes for US. Entered tax rate in different states for the account payable and account receivable.
- Configured new region codes, jurisdiction code and tax rate for the plant in Canada and location in foreign countries.
- Created tax report for sales and purchasing by adding Ship from Plant.
- Tested and fixed FI999 split programfor invoice and goods issue.
- Tested the program to populate the right the location in the documents.
- Created valuation class and account determination between MM and GL for the auto posting.
- Modified and tested the mapping among movement type, document type, and transaction type for populating the correct transaction type in the document.
- Fixed the problems that billing documents could not release the accounting documents.
- Corrected the mapping among profit center, format and customer group and tested program to populate the correct profit center in the documents.
- Created the revenue report for the failed invoice due to the IDOC error, so the accounting department can book GL entry for the month end closing.
- Solved the tax issue in Canada.Assigned the tax codes for non-taxable transactions.
- Updated new tax rate in Canada, and US.
- Worked with SD and MM to configure the inventory transfer between companies.
- Created production BOM, sales BOM and Video BOM in the DEV and QAR for testing. Crated inventory for some materials in DEV and QAR for testing.
- Changed the price for the material and created the cost run for the product costing in the testing.
- Created open GR/IR report with vendor information.
- Created the revenue discount report sorted by customer and condition type.
- Participated in the SAP implementation in Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, France, and British. Activated the Plant Abroad function in SAP and entered the VAT number for the plant abroad. Configured VAT for Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, France, and British.
- Created the substitution for Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, France, and England for the Revenue Recognition.
- Modified the Revenue Recognition program for Belgium, as the materials shipped to Belgium customers came from the Netherlands plant in Germany.
- Identified the missing triangle sale information in the triangle sale invoice and avoidedVAT penalties for thousands of Euros.
- Tested and fixed MPM splitter in both FI invoice for gift set and FI document for goods issued.
- Configured product costing and conducted the test.
- Participated in SAP 6.0 upgrades testing.
- Solved the problem that accounting document could not be released from the billing for 999 split program.
- Configured collection management, dispute management, and biller direct in FSCM.
- Configured Collection Management in the following areas:
- Defined the company code for Collection Management
- Defined Basic Rules, Collection Rules, Priorities, and Derivation of Priority in Collection Strategies.
- Defined Collection Segments, Collection Profiles, Collection Groups and Assigned Collection Groups to Collections Segments in the Organizational Structure.
- Created Element Type, Attribute Profile, Configured Text IDs, Created Text Profile, Status Profile, Number range Interval for Case, Case Type and Automatic Status Changes in Promise to Pay
- Configured Dispute Management with the following areas:
- Created the Case Record Model, Element Type for the Case Record, and Assigned Logical System to Element Type for SAP Business Object.
- Created Attribute Profile, Values for Attribute Priority, Value for Attribute Escalation Reason, and Assigned Escalation Reasons to Attribute Profile.
- Created Profile for Case Search, and created Function Profile.
- Created Tex Profile and Status Profile.
- Created NumberRange Interval for Case.
- Defined Case Types, Created Values for Attribute Category, and Values for Attribute Reason and Root Cause Code.
- Entered Action Profile in Case Type in Correspondence.
- Defined Derivation of Element Types, and Automatic Status Changes.
- Defined the Default Values for Creation of Dispute Case and Edited Settings for the AutomaticWrite-Off Dispute Cases in the Process Integration with Accounts Receivable.
- Created the SAP training document and trained the users.
Senior SAP FI/CO Analyst
- The only person in the company to do the configuration and provided the production support for SAP FI/CO module to the users in US and China.
- Implemented SAP for the subsidiary in Chinaand UKby configuring the company code, General Ledger, Account Receivable, Account Payable, Asset Management, Special Ledger, Cost Center Accounting, Cost Element Accounting, Internal Order, Investment Management, Foreign Currency Valuation and Translation.Created the training document and trained the users in China for SAP FI/CO.
- Created the internal order report with the information of original commitment, current commitment, PO, GR, IR, and Actual.
- Created the fiscal year variants for the different plan versions for internal order.
- Created the ABAP report to extract the AP information for the auditor.
- Created statistic key figure and cycle for the allocation.
- Created the ABAP query to extract the asset management information. Fixed the incorrect useful lifetime for over hundreds of assets.
- Created the report of balance sheet and income statement for the new company code by using the report painter.
- Created the program to upload the tax rate.
- Configured cost center budget planning and created a demo. Created new cycle for the cost allocation.
- Created many new financial statement reports by using the report painter.
- Created the new sets and modified the report based on the user’s requirement.
- Helped usersto carry forward the balance to the new year.
- Trained users in the area of SAP account payable, account receivable, asset management, and general ledger.
- Created the expense report for each department to help company to control the cost.
- Created new asset class and new depreciation key to allow the asset shut down.
- Assisted security to provide the correct access to users for SOX.
- Created new cost center groups and new financial reports.
- Created a new company code for the parent company after merging in the area of general ledger, account payable, account receivable, asset management, special ledger, cost center accounting, cost element accounting, and internal order.
- Conducted the year end closing by creating CO version for new year, factory calendar for new year, asset management year end closing, asset management year end change, carrying forward AP, AR, and GL balance, closing previous accounting period and printing out the 1099 MISC form.
- Provided the support to user to solve all kind of problems.
Senior Application Analyst
- Configured business partner, product type, flow type, automatic account assignment, number range, swap rate, and document type for the foreign currency hedging in Corporate Finance Management sub-module.
- Created the scripts and training documents for the Corporate Finance Management by using InfoPak.
- Fixed the imbalance between the GL and asset management sub-ledger.
- Configured the foreign currency valuation and translation for the company in Mexico. Set up the variants for the foreign currency valuation and translation. Configured the valuation for the company codes in the United States. Created the training material and conducted the train to the users.
- Created general ledger accounts and primary cost elements for different company codes.
- Created and maintained cost centers and profit centers, cost center group and profit center group.
- Fixed the configuration problem in house bank.
- Created the ABAP specification for the sales commission report.
- Opened the new fiscal year and created the number range in FI. Conducted the balance carried forward for AR, AP, and GL. Closed the previous year for the assets management.
- Did the year end closing by creating CO version for new year, factory calendar for new year, asset management year end closing, asset management year end change, carrying forward AP, AR, and GL balance, closing previous accounting period and printing out the 1099 MISC form.
- Created FS items in EC-CS.
- Configured bank accounts and automatic payment.
- Created the Query for the report. Fixed the problems in the reports created by the report writer and report painter.
- Trained user on the Special Ledger posting.
- Created training material in FI/CO area and trained the users.
- Responsible to support SAP FI, CO area to the user in US and Mexico.
Senior System Analyst
- Configured Company Code, General Ledger, Account Payable, Account Receivable, Asset Management, Treasury, Special Ledger, Cost Center, Cost Element, Internal Order and Profitability Analysis. Created customer, vendor, fixed asset master data. Created CostCenter, Cost Element, Cost Element Groups, Internal Order, Internal Order Groups and PA.
- Configured electronic bank statement.
- Conducted integration test from PO requisition to AP payment, fixed assets, inter-company transaction test, and workflow test.
- Configured the inter-company transaction.
- Configured the bank reconciliation.
- Configured the foreign country setting and region code. Created vendors in the foreign countries.
- Configured the withholding tax. Created 1099 report with IRS required format. Developed new validations and substitution.
- Configured Internal Order budget threshold.
- Developed and implemented data extract (AR, AP, FA) strategies relating to sale of companies.