- SAP Financial Accounting & Controlling consultant with over 12 years of experience in SAP FI/CO with multiple full life cycle implementations.
- Involved in five full cycles of SAP implementation with ASAP Methodology and also involved in upgradation and production support projects.
- Strong functional experience in SAP R/3 4.6B, SAP R/3 4.7, ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0 in FI/CO.
- Migration of Legacy systems which were in Mainframes, Oracle Financials and Microsoft Dynamics AX (DAX) to SAP.
- Experienced in gathering and analyzing business requirements, identifying process gaps between “AS - IS” and “TO-BE” processes, re-engineering business processes, creating business blueprints, mapping processes to SAP R/3 functionality, configuration, testing, documentation, user training, conducting workshops, and post implementation support.
- FI expertise includes General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR), Asset Accounting (AA).
- CO expertise includes - Cost Center accounting (CCA), Profit Center accounting (PCA), Product Costing (CO-PC) (MTS and MTO scenarios), Activity Based Costing (ABC), Material Ledger (ML), Profitability Analysis (CO-PA), Internal Orders (IO), Project systems (PS), and Investment Management (IM).
- FI integration with MM and SD & CO with PP, PS integration with AA and PM. COPA integration with all modules.
- Exposure in Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Make to Order and Make to Stock process.
- Experience in Interfaces processing, IDOCS, TWS, Banking Interfaces, Travel Management systems and good understanding of ABAP.
- Understanding of new dimensional modules, FSCM- Credit management, Cash & Liquidity management, Inhouse Cash management, Treasury and Risk management.
- Involved in designing the Credit scoring module while implementing Credit management (FSCM).
- Expertise in Solution Manager and Mercury Quality Center.
- Experience in ASAP methodologies, project management & planning and successfully completed full life cycle implementations.
- Good experience in handling the Functional aspects like Financial Accounting, Financial Analysis and Financial Management.
- Experience in creating reports using ABAP Query, Report Painter and Report Writer.
- Experienced in migration from legacy systems to SAP using LSMW and Winshuttle.
- Strong communication, analytical and client service skills with high learning acumen to adopt new technologies with ease and seamlessly integrate skills set into the common goal of Project.
- Provided end-user training on the FI, CO and PS modules, which has enabled clients to achieve full benefit of the implementation.
- Well versed in ASAP methodology, Business Process Design, and documentation.
- Capable to Analyze and Extract Core Issues in business and technical process and develop innovative and appropriate solutions across wide spectrum of environments. Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment and effectively meet deadlines.
ERP: SAP R/3 (4.7, 4.6C, 4.6B), ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0
Methodologies: Accelerated SAP (ASAP), Solution Manager
EDIs: Inbound 850, 855, 856, 810, 824, 860, 830, 214, 832, and 846, Outbound 810, 856, 850, 855, 810, 856, 215, 867, 846
Standards / Versions: ANSI X12 4030, 4010
Reporting: Crystal Reports 9.0, Report Painter, Report writer and ABAP Query
Data Migration/Consolidation: LSMW, Winshuttle, BC sets
Databases: MS Access, SQL Server, Oracle, MS SQL Server 7.0/2000
MS Tools: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Visio
Project Management and collaboration tools: Solution Manager, MS Project.
Confidential, Mount Arlington, NJ
SAP FI/ CO/ IM/ PS Consultant
- Involved in the implementation of multiple projects at Confidential North America and also involved in the Production support.
- Created blue print document for fixed asset process by gathering business requirements.
- Configured the fixed assets as per the blue print documents.
- Created a high-level conversion plan, which includes loading of assets in several test environments and reconciling them. Created a detailed conversion document that maps legacy system Asset transactions to SAP transactions.
- Created a comprehensive SAP depreciation keys mapping to the legacy system depreciation calculation methods.
- Created data templates for extracting data from legacy system. Created LSMW recording to load the data.
- Worked on creation of Project Definition, Network Activities, Work Centers and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and responsible for testing of Budgeting for WBS in PS.
- Formulation of a methodology and testing, for the transfer of projects (WBS Structures) in the Company Code Split sub project.
- Review and validation of the existing flow diagrams and correlation of the same with the AS IS BPML.
- Tested the status profile to examine the user status assigned to the project and the WBS element and recommended users accordingly to activate the time dependency for system status in IMG to ensure that all status confirms with the WBS elements (i.e. status = "released", "order accepted", "fully billed", "technically complete") are logged.
- Confirmed the naming convention for the project and WBS element to ensure that these are identified readily by their respective functions and departments.
- Performed configuration of Project Cost Planning and assigned Planning Profile to Project Profile.
- Delivered potential solutions as per the Change Requests and performed testing on overall budgeting of WBS.
- Created number ranges for Budgeting, maintained budget profile for availability control, defined project coding mask, activated commitment management and specified revenue plan updates from sales documents.
- Worked on the integration points of PS with FI-AA, CO, MM, and PM.
- Worked on Assessment & Distribution cycles, Activity types, Cost centers and Profit centers in Controlling.
- Used Milestone Trend Analyses (MTA) to analyze actual dates of the project with the planned dates; assigned Milestone to Activities or WBS elements.
- Used Claim Management to document variances in the project plan and worked on assigning documents and procurement processes to carry out project execution phase.
- Assisted support for Administration and Job Overview functions to monitor status of archiving runs and archive files.
- Archived Data using archive object PS PROJECT to improve/archive/delete systems performance, make administration easier, reduce time for backup implementation and import R/3 updates more quickly.
- Controlled billing processes for sales orders through Milestone Billing and monitored payment flows in projects through PS Cash Management.
- Designed Infocube for Residual Order Plans for each object and defined order, network activity, network, activity element Controlling.
- Linked Unit Costing with Claim Management to ensure smooth flow of work and effective claim management execution.
- Performed Project Analyses through Planned POC and Actual POC, accumulated planned costs or overall budget costs and determined variances.
- Implemented Loop Analysis in the Network Graphic to detect & rectify loops.
- Participated in workshops with the business people as well as third party Vendor tech guys to gather requirements and create flow charts to visualize the AS-IS and TO-BE process. Involved in the creation of high-level plan of all the data to be sent from SAP to the third party system to facilitate the automated processing of invoices. It came up to 12 interfaces which includes purchase orders, goods receipts, invoices, invoice release, vendors, GL master data, Cost centers, Internal orders, WBS elements, Users, Payments, Voided checks, Material master data.
- Created functional specs, technical specs, unit-test documents, String test documents, User training documents. Created spreadsheets with SAP table and field names needed to send from SAP to third party system through different interfaces. Configured change pointers, message control, Partner profiles, Distribution models, Data Filters, debugged interface Abap programs.
- Worked closely with the offshore development team to build the designed solution, test the solution and deliver the same with in committed time lines.
- Involved in migration from development to test, test to production both in ERP system SAP and SAP XI system, Resolving issues, go live, Post live support and handing over to support guys.
Confidential, Hunt Valley, MD
SAP CO Consultant
- Involved in the project from the Blueprint phase gathering client requirements for the implementation of the Controlling module (Cost centers, Profit centers, Product costing, Profitability analysis, Internal Orders).
- Presentation of the Design solution for Product Costing (CO-PC) and COPA.
- Involved in the configuration of the Product costing module for Make-to-Order (Sales order Costing) and Product costing with Quantity structure.
- Creation of costing variants for Sales order costing, Production order costing and Costing with Quantity Structure, Costing sheet and cost component structure.
- Assignment of Sales order costing variant for the appropriate requirement class.
- Calculation of WIP, Overhead, Variance and Settlement of Production orders to COPA as part of Period end closing.
- Activated costing based and account-based COPA. Configured CO-PA including building the operating concern, developing value fields & characteristics, configuring summarization levels for reporting, creating cost center assessments, CO-PA report forms, planning, derivation rules and structures, product and customer hierarchy, PA settlement, realignments, and integration issues with Sales & Distribution. Prepared profitability reports using report painter and report writer.
- Assist in the development of a user exit to assign the costing keys in COPA based on material characteristics and Product cost estimates.
- Implementation of SAP notes for fixing issues with Inconsistency in profitability segment for Third party direct ship scenario.
- Configured Controlling Substitutions to initialize profitability segment for certain cost elements (Sales commissions, Free of charge orders) and direct the costs to Cost centers.
- Creation of COPA reports (KE30 - Account based and Costing Based) for Sales and Margin analysis Yearly, Quarterly and period wise. Also created COPA Line item dynamic reports (Costing based) for analyzing Period to Date Gross sales, Net Sales, COGS, and Pricing Margin region wise, product wise and customer wise.
- Reconciliation of FI and CO reports during Month end closing and fixing of issues arising during closing.
- Creation of a Functional spec to modify the Intercompany markup and Duty for US to CA Intercompany postings. Provide guidance to OTC team to update the standard pricing procedure for accurate intercompany COGS flow to costing based COPA.
- Configuration of Cost center and Profit center modules - activation of cost center and profit center accounting, creating of Cost and profit center hierarchies and setting up assessment and distribution cycles.
- Creation of LSMW mappings for conversion of Cost centers, Profit centers from the legacy system
- Performed conversion of Cost centers, Profit centers, GL/AP/AR Open items during mock conversions and Cutover.
- Extensive testing and validation of value flows to both types of COPA for various scenarios’ lifecycles viz., Standard sales order, Third party order (Direct ship), Third party Subcontracting, Subcontracting, Intercompany Orders and Procurement.
- Point of contact for issue resolution during Integration testing and UAT.
Confidential, Lebanon, TN
SAP FICO Consultant
- Understood the As-Is process, To-Be process and To-Be reporting requirements.
- Blue printed the business requirements and performed the fit-gap analysis.
- In Accounts Payables, configured the test system to show the vanilla SAP end-to-end business process.
- Explained the difference between down payment and pre payments.
- Installed SAP notes as per client requirements which are not supported by standard SAP system. For example, check for amount on down payment request to be less than PO amount.
- Helped in gathering requirements for interface with ReadSoft to process invoices.
- Helped in developing cockpit for ReadSoft processing.
- Helped the SRM team in interfacing with ECC project systems for SRM shopping cart and PO procurement. Trained SRM end users for the same.
- In Accounts receivable Configured Accounts Receivable module including creation of account groups with screen layouts, tolerance groups, Customer master records, Defined document types and number ranges. Maintained terms of payment for customers Created reconciliation accounts for down payment given by customers and created automatic correspondence with customers. Configured dunning process.
- Configured settings for integration with the SD module.
- In Asset Accounting, Configured Asset master data creation, Asset History Sheet & Month-end Reporting, Retirement of fixed assets with customer, Retirement without customer.
- Configuration of Tax depreciation related Depreciation keys, Derived depreciation area, setting up of chart of depreciation and other relevant tables.
- Configured screen layout rules, automatic account assignments, and recurring entries.
- Wrote Functional Specifications for reformatting of the standard asset reports like acquisition report, history sheet, and retirement report.
- Used Solution Manager for change control of the SAP systems. Followed the CHaRM process (Change Request Management).
- Used IntelliCorp’s LiveCompare tool to determine the successful transport request landing (configuration objects) in various systems.
- Created the test scenarios in HP Quality Center. Aided the business users in using Quality center and creating defects.
- Aided in conversion activities of Investment program, Project definitions, WBS elements and Assets along with the conversion team.
- Conducted training sessions to train super users and end users by preparing training documents.
- Helped in pre-Go-live and post Go-live activities like data clean-up, data extraction, running conversion program, data reconciliation.
- Trained the production support team to resolve issues and explained them configuration of SAP objects to meet new business requirements.
- Involved in the data migration of Master data and Transactional data from the legacy JDE system to SAP ECC 6.0
- Responsible for all the data migration objects for FI, involved in preparing all the relevant templates, setting up LSMW based on the requirements, data uploading to SAP system.
- Monitor and support the Business for analysis and thorough cleanse of the data
- Complete the Data conversion design to indicate the data transformation and data load design.
- Reconciliation of all the Sub-Ledger balances to the GL balance (Make sure that all sub ledgers are reconciled to general ledgers) before conversion.
- Created LSMW templates using different import techniques like Batch Input recording, BAPI and IDOC to load master data like Vendors, Customers, Fixed Assets etc and also to load transactional data like Vendor Open items, closed items, Journal Entries etc...
- Performed 3 test run cycles before the actual cutover and data load to Production environment.
- Load the data into SAP via LSMW/ABAP after conducting the test run of build tools.
- Monitoring the integrity of the data input and provide feedback informing of areas for improvement
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Involved in analyzing the “As-Is” system and gathered functional requirements for the “To-Be” system.
- Involved in configuring the functional process design built in Business Blueprint Phase.
- Documented the Asset Accounting requirements in Activity Profiles and Sub-Process Profiles.
- Designed the Fixed Asset Self-Service form based on the requirements from Fixed Assets Regional Administrator. The Self-Service forms would validate the data before sending for approval and once approved by the final approver, would automatically update SAP.
- Prepared the 'Justification Document' for Fixed Asset Self-Service Forms.
- Part of the team that created Fixed Asset Self-Service Transfer Form prototype using WebDynpro and Workflow. Defined standards for forms being developed in the organization based on the prototype.
- Designed the table structures for Fixed Asset Self-Service forms for workflow.
- Analyzed the current reports and provided information for the Business Intelligence (BI) team to create reports.
- Worked with the onsite and offshore technical team to build forms and BAPIs.
- Configuration of FI-AA: Asset Classes, Depreciation areas and posting. Copy and assign chart of depreciation to the company code and assigning tax indicator for non-taxable acquisitions.
- Creating screen layout for the asset master records, define number range intervals and specifying account determination.
- Configured Fixed Asset depreciation run, multiple asset retirement process, "asset with revenue" retirement process and automatic assignment of asset class and useful life based on equipment type
- Configuration of settings for Inter-company Transactions, Recurring Transactions and Account assignment models.
- Configuration of Tax depreciation related Depreciation keys, Derived depreciation area, setting up of chart of depreciation and other relevant tables.
- Configured the system to forecast depreciation using standard SAP report. Worked with SAP in determining bugs in the standard SAP report and installed corrections.
- Designed BADI’s to update the capitalization date on the depreciation simulation data for the WBS elements from PO save and GR save. This date is used for forecasting the depreciation.
- Configured Automatic creation of Assets from Equipment and vice versa. Assigned particular fields in AA to EQ so that both synchronize, whenever there is a change in Assets it automatically reflects in the Equipment.
- Configuration of Plant Maintenance: Configuration of Equipment categories, Object types, Authorization groups, planning groups for Equipment, Configured Functional Locations, Bill of Materials, Created Classification data for different categories of Equipment, created Characteristics, used the Superior Equipment functionality.
- Maintaining multi-level methods and performing depreciation run. Maintaining maximum amount limits for low value assets and asset classes.
- Determined various reporting needs of the Asset Accounting and created BPPs for standard SAP reports.
- Configured Internal Orders for Investment Management of the fixed assets.
- Tested client specific interfaces, including month end, and year-end closing process.
- Configured various value fields, mapped them to the respective characteristic values on sandbox and transporting them in to the production client after thorough testing.
- Trained the key user on using different functionalities in SAP including both end user screens and reports.
- Prepared the upload plan and aided in extraction and cleaning of data from legacy system and mapping it to the SAP.
- Uploaded, tested and reconciled the assets in SAP with the legacy system.
- Aided in post go-live issues for the client.
Confidential, Franklin, TN
SAP FI/CO/ IM/ PS Consultant
- Involved in the implementation of multiple major projects at Confidential North America along with some smaller projects and also involved in the Production support.
- Project involves integration of Finance, Purchasing, Plant Maintenance, Project Systems, Investment Management and Controlling modules.
- Setup of 3 Company Codes, configuration of global parameters, Fiscal year variants, Posting periods, Field status variants, Creation and maintenance of Documents and number ranges, Configuration of taxes, Tax procedures, Tax codes and tax accounts. Creation and Configuration of other organizational units and structures.
- In G/L created company code, created chart of Accounts, Assigned company code to chart of accounts, defined Account groups, posting period variant, variants for open posting periods, and tolerance groups for employees, and maximum exchange rate difference. Maintained fiscal year variant, field status variants, assigned company code to fiscal year variant, created number ranges, created G/L accounts in chart of accounts and company code, defined financial statement version.
- Definition of Ledgers, Scenarios, Document splitting, Derivation of Segments and strategy for migration from classic general ledger to New G/L.
- Configuration of Vendor and customer master data and accounts, automatic outgoing and incoming payments, payment proposals, payment terms, payment methods, Dunning, Lockbox Configuration, define account for exchange rate differences, foreign currency valuation and closing.
- Configuration of Investment program structure, definition, position, Program planning and budgeting, definition of program types. Configured budget profile, plan profile and assigned to program type.
- Configured coding mask for appropriation requests created planning profile and assigned to appropriation request type.
- Configured Investment profiles, Project Profiles and Budget profiles. Activated Availability Control for projects.
- Tested client specific interfaces, month end, year-end closing process, and DART extracts and data warehouse.
- Configuration of IDOCS to interface data from SAP system to XIGN (JP Morgan online system accessed by Vendors).
- Purchase Orders are configured to be sent from SAP to XIGN through Outbound IDOC Interface using IDOC type PORDCR.
- Suppliers view there PO’s in XIGN and creates the PO invoices and the invoices are interfaced to SAP through Inbound IDOCs using IDOC type INVOIC02.
- Configured automatic payment programs to send PAYEXT message type IDocs using RFFOEDI1 program to XIGN.
- Partner profile JPM XIGN is created to interface the inbound and Outbound IDOCS.
- In MM configured Plant, Storage Location, Purchasing Orgs, Purchasing groups, Material types, Material groups, Movement types, Valuation areas, Valuation Classes, Stock transport orders, Cycle count, Freeze of stock, Number ranges, Purchase Requisition, Purchase order, Contract, Release strategy setup.
- In PP configured Bill of Material, Work Center, Routing, MRP, storage location for MRP, Production Order type, Production Order confirmation setup, Availability check setup, Serial Number profile setup, Material type- Task list type assignment, special procurement type for STO, scheduling parameters.
- In FI used the standard Account payables functionality for Invoicing and Payment process.
- Several inbound and outbound interfaces are created between SAP and other legacy systems.
- Several customer reports created for Stock In transit, ASN etc...
- Conducted extensive workshops with Business Analysts to understand the business process and find the discrepancies between the SAP instances and make necessary configuration and technical changes for Consolidation.
- Worked on IBM Solution Workbench tool to find out the differences in configuration between the SAP Instances.
- Creation of BC (Business Configuration) sets to apply the configuration changes to the Consolidation Instance.
- Creation of Functional and Technical Specis for Data migration of objects from instances to consolidated Environment.
- Involved in configuring the functional process design built during the Business Blueprint Phase, involved in decision-making for the screen layout of Master Records including General Ledger, Vendor Master Record and Customer Master Record.
- In Materials Management, worked heavily with Solution workbench on MM and integration on Merger of the Purchasing-Finance Instances to fix the discrepancies and differences between instances. Configuration and customization of DMS (Document Management system). Worked heavily on pricing procedures, condition types, taxes, Batch Jobs.
SAP Procure to Pay (P2P) Analyst
- Successful integration of the FI module with Material Management (MM) module
- Configuration and Maintenance of Vendor Master data, Screen layout for vendor master records, special fields and proper understanding of integration with Materials Management Module.
- Configured Invoices, credit memos, reversals, posting documents in foreign currencies, Distributed contracts, centrally agreed contract and contract release order.
- Configured automatic payment programs to send PAYEXT message type IDocs using RFFOEDI1 program. Partner profiles were configured with PAYEXT message type.
- Worked on creating partner profiles using both MM and FI INVOIC message type inbounds IDocs.
- Interfaced legacy system called MANMAN (where purchase orders and goods receipts are entered using the message types WMMBXY and PORDCR01 IDocs) into SAP.
- We have a lotus notes work flow process. Worked on sending all the blocked invoices to lotus notes data base by creating a custom abap code and also created functional and technical spec for inbound function module FI BAPI INVOICE RELEASE as part of the invoice release.
- Proper understanding of Business areas in Materials Management in stock materials, consumable materials which involves stock transfer, Goods Issue, Physical Inventory /Price change, Goods/Invoice Receipt.
- Configuration of Purchasing Info records, Condition Info records, creating Buyers Negotiation sheet, automatic generation of PO’s from Requisitions.
- Creation of RFQ, Purchase requisition, Purchase orders, Purchase orders with Source determination, Invoicing Plan.
- Tested the generation of reports in respect of account statements, special reports to reflect due-date-forecast analysis, purchasing/sales lists, open item analysis, Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss account statements.