- An enterprising SAP Consultant with around 8 years of resourceful and proactive Techno - Functional experience primarily in SAP FICO with integration across different modules such as SD, MM and HCM.
- Extensive experience in Business Requirement gathering, Business Blueprint, Project execution strategy, System configuration, End to end user testing process, Project documentation and End user training.
- SAP Functional (Finance) expertise includes exposure to New General Ledger FI-G/L, Accounts payable FI-AP, Accounts Receivable FI-AR and Fixed Assets Accounting FI-AA, Cost center accounting and Profit center accounting.
- Strong understanding of order to cash (OTC), Procure to Pay (P2P) and accounts to report streams.
- Sound knowledge about integration of FI/CO with other SAP modules including SD and MM.
- Hands on experience in ABAP/4 report writing (Classical and Interactive) and technical concepts like User exits, Forms (Adobe, Smartforms), LSMW, ALE, Idocs, BAPI, BADI, Authorization objects and Batch Data Communication.
- Involved in full life cycle implementations utilizing management techniques such as SDLC, Agile and ASAP methodologies to drive project deliverables.
- Basic understanding of new architecture within SAP HANA (Simple Finance).
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, Outlook, Visio).
- Excellent communication skills with talent for presenting complex information to executives, managers, and individual contributors to ensure full comprehension and adherence to policies and procedures.
- A team facilitator with strong commitment, dedication & motivation, high degree of analytical and creative skills.
Confidential, Berkeley Heights, NJ
SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Currently working in the GSSC GL team supporting the Global GL Rollout project for deployment of company codes on the Global SAP General ledger. As a part of Global GL program, we are technically enabling to convert and interface local ledger data to existing SAP USGAAP ledger.
- Develop technical and functional specifications, working closely with the technical experts to complete object development and testing.
- Extensively involved in configuration of new company codes; customized settings for Enterprise organization structure - creation of Company code, assignment of Company code to company, creation and assignment of Fiscal year variant to Company code, posting period variant, open posting periods, assigning document number ranges, defined tolerance groups for employees.
- Involved in configuration of New GL with multiple Ledgers i.e. leading ledger & Non-leading ledgers, customization of document splitting and foreign currency valuations etc.
- Created unit test plans for reports by studying functional/non-functional requirements and converting the assigned functionality into pseudo code/algorithms/test cases.
- Responsible for Unit Testing - Functional and security roles, supporting Integration testing, Regression and User Acceptance testing.
- Support production configuration and assist in functional change requests.
- Support business implementations by sharing best practice development skills
- Participate in release upgrade or new functionality / enhancement assessments.
- Worked with ETL groups and business analysts for understating mappings for dimensions and facts.
- Coordinated and prepared Technical Documents to ensure that the process flow is well documented for reference.
- Supported the user community in a post-production environment by providing over the shoulder support and defect resolution.
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
SAP Techno Functional Consultant
- Actively involved in a Migration project from current SAP R/3 system to a new template.
- Configured Basic and Extended IDOC for inbound posting which included maintaining process code, partner profile and RFC destinations.
- Extensively used LSMW (Legacy System Migration Workbench) tool and BDC (Batch Data Communication) for migration of extracted data from the legacy system.
- Participated in design of Organization Structure including Company Codes, Profit Center Hierarchy and Cost Center Hierarchy.
- Created new substitution rule for changing due date as per customer payment method.
- Responsible for master data updates for vendors and customers.
- Participated in Fine tuning (optimize codes) of existing programs/reports for better and fast results.
- Designed Reports, Interfaces and conversions for extracting Master and Transactional data for Customers, Vendors, Vehicles, General Ledger and Assets. Files were extracted from the SAP system in ‘.xlsx’ format which involved extensive usage of Microsoft Office Excel for validation data.
- Contributed in enhancing the ESS Bank Information Service that provides employees with a self-service tool for maintaining their bank information.
- Designed a Workflow process which allows approval of the Travel Expense Report that is multi levels deep.
- Developed inbound order proposal PROXY interface and implemented a class to update incoming DIMS (Dealer Inventory Management System) order header and item data in custom tables. This data is used for creating Dealer stock orders.
- Developed utility program as a part of cbFC migration activity for updating material master field ‘MARA-MFRNR’ based on EINA info record for the Parts for regular vendors.
- Developed Invoice and Payment Interfaces between SAP and LYNX (Account payable SAP system) using ALE IDOC/EDI. This interface will receive Invoice and Payment IDOCs from LYNX into SAP. SAP will then create Invoices using MIRO transaction for Direct and transaction FB05 for Indirect PO’s. Payments are created using transaction FB60 for both direct and indirect PO’s.
- Created a Module pool to display and modify data from customer table using table control with validations and search help.
- Gained hands on experience in configuration to meet business requirements: -
- Chart of Accounts, Company code, Fiscal year, Posting Period, Field Status variants, Number range, Document type and its assignment, Tolerance Group, Chart of Accounts, Account Groups.
- Configuration setting for Ledger Group, GL Master, Park Document, Hold Document, Recurring Document, Fast entry, Cross Company Code transaction settings and Reporting.
- Extensive experience in Accounts Payable, Vendor Master Group, Vendor Master Settings, Invoice settings, Automatic Payment Setting, DMEE configuration, Check and payment advice form, Maintain Material Master, Credit Memos, Closing Procedures and Tax Configuration.
- Assisted in configuring Product Costing (CO-PC), which includes Costing Variants, Valuation Variants, Costing Sheets, Valuated/Non-Valuated Sales and Sales Order Settlement .
- Tested the lockbox functionality using the Idocs specifically designed for various test cases.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
SAP HCM Consultant
- Effectively Assessed and documented business needs, business processes and support systems.
- Identified, interpreted, validated and documented client’s requirements.
- Involved efficiently in deploying reports and training end user community.
- Facilitated issue resolution during testing process.
- Developed an enhancement to create initial Info type 0105 subtype 011 records for all employees.
- Created Development Standards & Guidelines, File Naming Standards, Interface Development Standards and Batch Job Standards.
- Developed Mass upload program provides the flexibility to load a variable number of records on Info type 14/15 for payments/deductions as per the business needs.
- Extended existing Idocs to augment interface capabilities.
- Developed and prepared profiles and authorizations within the application.
Confidential, Winston Salem, NC
- Worked on an upgrade project to ECC6.0 involved in different upgrade activities.
- Extensively used SPAU and SPDD transactions to implement SAP delta changes for programs and DDICs.
- Extensively used Panaya tool for synchronizing all custom objects by comparing the systems.
- Configured Dunning Keys and Dunning Procedures.
- Designed and configured Validation & Substitution in accounting document.
- Configured Financial Statement Version.
- EDC Consignment: Copy PO Ship-to address to SO: This user exit is used to populate IDOC Type: /AFS/ORDERS04, Extension ZORD EXT. Program would change the delivery date and close open PO items. Both BAPI PO CHANGE and BDC for ME22 transaction to Update Custom fields are used.
- Involved in testing of inbound and outbound process while dispatching Idocs from one system to another.
- Involved efficiently in deploying reports and training end user community.
- Assisted end users in posting day to day transactions and with month end closing activities.
Confidential, Cleveland, Ohio
- Involved in complete project life cycle from Business blueprint preparation to Go live and post go live support leading ASAP methodology.
- Developed technical specifications for ALE interfaces.
- Configured ALE/IDOC distribution model to support Inbound & Outbound flow of IDOC.
- Involved in fine tuning (optimize codes) of existing programs for better and fast results.
- Designed and Developed Module-Pool screens for various applications.
- Developed Material analysis report for stock quantity and stock amount by date and G/L (general ledger) account.
- Created test cases and involved in unit and integration testing using Quality center.
- Performed End-to-End Regression Testing and Assisted Performance Testing Team on the functional front.
- Defined various reports to report profitability by customer, product and market. Created P&L statements CO-PA reporting tools.
- Supported ends users during User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Analyze existing business processes, gathering business user’s requirements and functional specifications, conducting gap analysis and updating relevant documentation.
- Designed LSMW for data conversion, field mapping and created reports using report writer and report painter in COPA.
- Involved in setting up Validations and Substitutions for FI applications.
- Configured the settings of Fiscal year, Posting Periods, Posting Keys, Document types, Number ranges, Tolerance Groups, Field Status variants.
- Involved in the design of Asset class and Chart of Depreciation in Fixed Assets.
- Configured the Settings for Inter Company transactions.
- Created test scripts for unit testing and integration testing.