- Over 16+ years of professional IT experience this includes experience in Big Data ecosystem and SAP Administration.
- Excellent Experience in Hadoop architecture and various components such as HDFS, YARN and MapReduce programming paradigm.
- Hands on experience in Installing, Configuring, Troubleshooting and Developing using Hadoop & ecosystem components like MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Spark, Flume, Kafka, Storm & Elastic Search.
- Experience in Hadoop Cluster monitoring the troubleshooting using tools such as Ganglia & Nagios.
- Experienced in designing, implementing and managing Secure Authentication mechanism to Hadoop Cluster with Kerberos.
- Experienced in Apache Sentry in Access Control and Authorizations.
- Experienced in working with Ranger in enabling metadata management, governance and audit.
- Experience with AWS Cloud (EC2, S3 & EMR).
- Experienced in installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of Kafka & Spark clusters.
- Experience in setting up Kafka cluster on AWS EC2 Instances.
- Worked on setting up Apache NiFi and performing POC with NiFi in orchestrating a data pipeline.
- Experienced in installation, configuration and maintenance of Elastic Search cluster.
- Worked on ingesting log data into Hadoop using Flume.
- Experience in managing and reviewing Hadoop log files.
- Extensive experience in writing Map Reduce, Hive, PIG Scripting.
- Experience in importing and exporting data using Sqoop from HDFS to Relational Database Systems and vice - versa.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of NOSQL databases like MongoDB, HBase, and Cassandra.
- Implemented setting up standards and processes for Hadoop based application design and implementation.
- Experience in managing Hadoop clusters using Cloudera Manager Tool (CDH4 & CDH5) & Hortonworks HDP clusters using Ambari.
- Experience in Administering, Installation, configuration, troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning of Redhat Linux.
- Good UNIX/Linux knowledge including the ability to understand the interaction between applications, HW, and operating system and to provide recommendations and suggestions related to troubleshooting and performance improvement.
- Create and implement shell and PL/SQL scripts to automate BAU tasks, configure scheduler jobs using CA tools.
- Ability to adapt to evolving technology, strong sense of responsibility and accomplishment.
- Hadoop, HDFS, Yarn, Kerberos, Sentry, Ranger, Map Reduce, Spark, Shark, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, NiFi, Storm, Oozie, ZooKeeper.
- HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Cloudera Manager, Ambari, Nagios, Zabbix.
- AWS, EC2, S3, EMR.
- JAVA, J2EE.
- SAP Netweaver, SAP HANA, SAP Basis.
- Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g,MS Sql Server, Teradata, Sybase, SAS, Informatica, Datastage.
- Net backup, Oracle Grid, RMAN, BMC Patrol, Novell e-Directory, Novell streamline server, Novell workbench.
- Eclipse, NetBeans.
- Linux, IBM AIX 5.3, Solaris10, Windows.
- Perform Enterprise Data Platform (EDP Platform) Administration, support and maintenance involving various services of Bigdata such as Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Hive, Sqoop, HBase etc.
- Perform Installations, Configurations, Troubleshooting, and Performance Tuning for new tools and technical frameworks such as Jethro Data, AtScale, Chef/Puppet etc. and devise strategy to integrate with EDP Platform to build Platform as a Service to various product teams of Confidential .
- Perform data management functions of Confidential such as Multi-Tenancy using schedulers in Hadoop framework.
- Perform Zoning in HDFS and setup security enhancements by setting up/configuring Kerberos and Ranger to meet Confidential security requirements in EDP Platform.
- Perform EDP Platform sizing, capacity planning and EDP platform upgrade assessment to ascertain the right system hardware, software and network requirements to meet the Confidential requirements.
- Support Bigdata services of EDP Platform that support architecture and engineering frameworks such as
- Batch ingestion and processing patterns using Hive, Pig, MapReduce & Spark
- Data consumption patterns by integrating EDP with BI tools such as Tableau etc.
- Automation & job scheduling using Oozie & Unix Shell Scripts.
- Real-time/Near-Realtime data streaming patterns using Kafka & Spark-Streaming.
- Perform integrations of EDP Platform with tools used in Confidential such as Informatica, SAS, RapidMiner, Tableau etc.
- Perform and support continuous integration and continuous development by integrating DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Git etc.
- Integrate Customer Master MDM with EDP Platform.
- Perform various EDP platform version upgrades.
- Upgrade EDP platform from on-premise to cloud platform.
- Support sunset legacy data stores consisting of existing EDW platform.
Technology: Hartonworks (HDP), Ambari, HDFS, Yarn, Apache Spark, Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Kafka, HBase, JethroData, AtScale, Kerberos, Active Directory, Ranger, Sentry, Nagios, AWS (EC2, S3 & EMR), Chef, Puppet, Linux, Unix Windows, SBT, Maven, Jenkins, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Teradata, SAS, Shell Scripting, Python, Java, Scala, Git, SVN.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Implemented multiple CDH5 & HDP Hadoop clusters on Redhat Enterprise Linux.
- Responsible for building scalable distributed data solutions using Hadoop
- Resource management of Hadoop Cluster in configuring the cluster with optimal parameter.
- Performing day to day activities such as upgrades, applying patches, adding/removing nodes from the cluster for maintenance and capacity needs.
- Responsible for monitoring the Hadoop cluster using Nagios.
- Involved in upgrading all the Hadoop components such as HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Impala, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie, HBase, Spark etc to the latest versions.
- Worked on implementing NOSQL database Cassandra cluster.
- Worked on setting up of Hadoop ecosystem & Kafka Cluster on AWS EC2 Instances.
- Performed benchmarking of Kafka cluster to measure the performance and resource considerations and tuning the cluster for optimal performance.
- Worked with tuning and configuring various parameters to maintain High Availability and consistency targets of the cluster.
- Experience in enabling security to Kafka cluster using Kerberos authentication.
- Implemented Apache Sentry in Access Control and Authorizations.
- Extensively worked on managing Kafka logs for traceability and debugging.
- Worked on designing, implementing and managing Secure Authentication mechanism to Hadoop Cluster with Kerberos.
- Working on Sentry in enabling metadata management, governance and audit.
- Performed backup of metadata at regular intervals and other maintenance activities such as balancing the cluster, and HDFS health check.
- Responsible for maintaining the clusters in different environments.
- Involved in upgradation process of the Hadoop cluster from CDH4 to CDH5.
- Installed and configured Flume, Oozie on the Hadoop cluster.
- Managing, defining and scheduling Jobs on a Hadoop cluster.
- Worked on installing cluster, commissioning & decommissioning of datanode, namenode recovery, capacity planning, and slots configuration.
- Worked with different file formats such as Text, Sequence files, Avro, ORC and Parquette.
- Installed and configured Spark on Yarn.
- Implemented indexing for logs from Oozie to Elastic Search.
- Analysis on integrating Kibana with Elastic Search.
- Monitoring the log flow from LM Proxy to Elastic Search-Head
- Responsible to manage data coming from different sources.
- Experienced on loading and transforming of large sets of structured, semi structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in managing and reviewing Hadoop log files.
- Analyzed large amounts of data sets to determine optimal way to aggregate and report on it.
- Supported in setting up QA environment and updating configurations for implementing scripts.
Technology: Cloudera Manager, Ambari, Hadoop, Nagios, Zabbix, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, MapReduce, Kerberos, Sentry, Ranger, Salt, Kibana, Talend, Oracle, Teradata, SAS, Tableau, Java 7.0, Log4J, Junit, MRUnit, SVN, JIRA.
Confidential, BLOOMINGDALE, IL
Technical Team Lead
- As SAP Technical Lead created technical implementation plan, upgrade approaches, technical issues tracking, technical documentations, project and process documentation, SAP testing (performance, Regression, DR, Backup / recovery, User connectivity, Environment Overview etc.) and work with SAP basis team for successful go-lives.
- Coordinated PM’s, SAP Functional team, SAP Basis team & Production Support teams on all technical issues and resolutions.
- Systems strategist and Architect for planning for current and future business needs.
- Worked with leadership team and made significant contribution to Applications and Infrastructure goals.
- Managed SAP basis turnkey projects from planning through the design and solution deployment with significant value of cost saving, quality and on time delivery.
- Ensured best of the class technology standards to assure high quality and stable systems.
- SAP Full life cycle projects: Led multiple SAP BASIS full life cycle implementation projects on multiple hardware and database versions.
- SAP Technical Projects: Led multiple SAP project Upgrades, Support Packs and Kernel upgrade projects.
- SAP Security: Led and managed Security Roles development by keeping and Segregation of Duties (SoD) guidelines, Supported unit and user testing.
- SAP BASIS Administration: Led projects on operational integrity of SAP systems. Developed SAP standard policies and procedures for improving the operational integrity. Developed OS, SAP, and DB maintenance processes including work instruction sheets to help build consistent methodology, and to help with systems performance with reduced downtime.
- Support Strategies: Developed Help desk procedures, On-Call procedures, Escalation procedures and System maintenance windows. Implemented SLA’s, Incident and problem management and monitoring process for customer issue resolutions.
- Change Management: Developed and led change and release management projects with clear procedure and controls to reduce system or application downtime and operational integrity.
- Responsible for capacity planning, physical database design for optimal Performance of db/application
Technology: Oracle 8.1.5/8i, Sun SPARC Solaris UNIX Version 2.6, PVCS