- Having total 7 years of experience in Data warehousing and business Intelligence projects in the role of developer, designer and SME. Having good experience in development and implementing of end to end DW&BI solutions with tools like BODS 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2, BO Information steward, SAP BO explorer, IDT and SAP BI.
- Good working experience on SAP Data services, Data Marts, Data Integrator, Data Migration, Data Cleansing (Address Cleansing), Data Profiling (Data Insight), Data Modeling, Debugging, Performance Tuning, Business Objects installation experience.
- Extensively worked on BODS/BODI Components - Jobs, Workflow, Data Flows, Formats, Data Store and Scripts.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for Data Extraction, transformations, loading using Data Integrator.
- Migrated data from disparate sources (Oracle, SAP ECC, SAP BW, HANA, SALESFORCE, Custom Extractors, Standard Extractors, XML, XSD, SQL Server) to SAP BW/SAP ECC/SAP HANA/Oracle.
- Extensive knowledge in ABAP, SQL, T-SQL programming and trouble shooting.
- Good work experience in working with LSMW, ABAP flows, BDC, and IDOC's integrated with Data Services.
- Ability to Design and Develop complex ETL solutions by translating design requirements into feasible, reusable and scalable technical implementations. Experienced in performing Audit and Error Management processes.
- Expertise in working on data loads from BODS to SAP BI/BW, S/4 HANA System.
- Expert in designing and building high performance, complex HANA data models including Attribute, Analytic Views, Scripted/Graphical Calculation Views.
- Expertise in SAP HANA Data provisioning using Smart data Integration.
- Installed and configured the Business Objects Data Services 4.1, with SAP BI handling SAP DS admin activities and Server configuration
- Worked on creating OLAP Universe in IDT and UDT using BEX queries, Multi Providers, Info cubes and HANA models in SAP BO Integrated environment for reporting solution
- Proficiency in data warehousing techniques for Slowly Changing Dimension phenomenon, surrogate key assignment and Change Data Capture.
- Extensively used Data Services Management Console to schedule and execute jobs, manage repositories and perform metadata reporting.
- Extensively worked on BODS Administration Tasks like Repository Configuration, Job Server configuration, Local Repository configuration, Central Repository configuration, Job Scheduling, Monitoring.
- Involved in support/maintenance for the production systems by providing detailed Incident Reports with Root-Cause-Analysis, Temporary and Permanent solutions for the issues.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and in requirement gathering, gap analysis and developed functional specifications, technical specifications and blueprint. Interacted with business users for the requirements of management reports & dashboards.
- Handled a Team of 15 members both onsite and Offshore.
- Skilled in creating Design Documents, Coding Standards, Best Practices and Error and Exception
Sr. SAP HANA Developer/BI Developer/SAP FIORI Developer/ABAP Developer
Confidential - Richmond, VA
- Collaborate with Business analysts, architects and developers to plan, design, develop, test, and deploy the solution in Production.
- Determines the size and scope for a suitable data solution in HANA projects based on the identified business requirements
- Used SAP Info Steward Data Insight to analyze data quality, data profiling and to define validation rules for data migration in Data services
- Worked extensively with Supply Chain team to design the BODS interface to transfer Data from SAP TM to SQL Server on Azure platform.
- Created complex SQL queries, Views to retrieve the data from database and to refresh the Power BI report.
- Configured the Data services to connect to the S/4 HANA, BI and CRM.
- Worked on Data Migration from legacy system to SAP System.
- Designed and Developed in BODS to extract and load from various source & targets SQL Server, Oracle, Files, SAP BI, S/4 HANA by using Data integrator and Data Quality transformations
- Worked on Change Data Capture on both Source and Target level for SCD (Slowly changing Dimension) Type 1, Type 2 and Type.
- Utilized Lookups, Lookup ext, table Joins, Match, Merge transforms and custom functions
- Designed and developed ETL routines in BODS, modified or created new Data Services jobs to meet project requirements.
- Wrote SQL statements to create table DDL in staging area.
- Loaded the test data to estimate job run time and Performance Statistics and optimized and fine-tuned the job. Used Push Down where applicable.
- Responsible for arranging weekly knowledge sharing and status meeting sessions within the team.
- Good experience on HANA Data Provisioning SDI.
- Involved in capacity planning, product planning, sprint planning and release planning.
- Worked on BO FIM (Financial Information Magnitude) created jobs in BODS for various markets.
Confidential - Richmond, VA
Role & Responsibilities
- As ETL Consultant worked closely with the business users to understand the requirements and converting them into project level technical capabilities and preparing the design document and development guidelines for junior developers.
- Worked as sustain coordinator responsible for monitoring the offshore sustain team and to resolve the production tickets before target SLA.
- Installed Business Objects DS 4.1 and worked on creation of users on Central Management Console.
- Worked as delivery coordinator will be responsible for preparing project timeline plan.
- Designed and developed batch jobs in SAP BODS for restart ability and recoverability.
- Developed projects in BODS to extract and load from various source & targets SQL Server, Oracle, Files, SAP BI, SAP ERP by using Data integrator and Data Quality transformations.
- Created UNIX shell scripts to transfer via custom transfer method in BODS to send files from BODS to target systems by secured file transfer (Sftp).
- Created batch files used in BODS job to send job notifications to users when BODS job started or after completion.
- Prepared the Technical Specification and resolution documents, this will be used for monitoring purpose and handling issues in Production system.
- Coordinated with Business Analysts and Architects from project initial phase to establish connections between source and target systems.
- Efficiency displayed in team-coordination and ensuring customer satisfaction by providing extensive support and delivering the objects on time to business users.
- Trained the business users on understanding the ETL process to support their own applications, shared the knowledge to resolve the data issues.
- Prepared code deployment guideline documents for migrating code from lower environment to production environment
- Developed jobs according to the functional requirements using various data integrator transformations in BODS,
- Co-ordinate with the QA team in various testing phases by resolving the defects and ensuring smooth execution of the test plans.
- Prepared code deployment guideline documents for migrating code from lower environment to production environment.
- Facilitated the Production move ups of ETL components from Acceptance to Production environment.
- Initiated extensive documentations for Production Support process improvements.
- Worked on analyzing issue, tracing the problem area, suggest a solution, discussed with business owners for any change in live jobs in Production.
- Involved in support for the existing EDW (Enterprise Data ware house).
- Monitoring/resolving Data warehouse ETL Production issues in BODS and Informatica.
- Investigating and fixing the bugs occurred in the production environment and providing on-call support during freeze period.
- Analyzing the dependencies between the jobs and scheduling them accordingly using the TWS&BODS Scheduler.
- Efficiency displayed in coordination and ensuring customer satisfaction by providing extensive support.