- SAP HANA/Tableau Consultant with close to 9 years of overall IT experience. Worked extensively in designing and implementing BI solutions.
- Proficient in SAP HANA, Tableau, BW, ABAP and also has reasonable exposure to SAP BO Webi, Analysis for office, MDX for HANA, Explorer, Design Studio, Crystal reports, Lumira.
- Involved in 6 full life - cycle implementations and around 4+ years of experience as lead consultant. Successfully performed various roles such as Technical Lead, Analyst, and Developer in all the phases of a project life cycle.
- Created multiple attribute, analytic and calculation views.
- Experience in Creating Attribute Views with Hierarchies
- Experience in Calculated columns in an Analytic view and an Attribute view.
- Experience in Using Variables with Analytic views and Calculation views
- Experience in Using Decision Tables with update values, return values
- Experience in Creating Tables: Row Store vs Column Store
- Expertise in creating produces to transform source data according to the reporting needs.
- Expertise in replicating data among HANA systems using virtual tables
- Custom SQL script development
- Ability to design and implement visualizations with drop down and filter options parameterized controls using Tableau on HANA for better performance.
- Created customized and interactive dashboards using multiple data sources and data blending.
- Experience in creating aggregates, hierarchies, visualizations, filters, quick filters, table calculations, calculated measures, action filters.
- Expertise in Performance tuning using both desktop and server.
- Experience in Multi-dimensional Model in SAP BI 7.3, Data Extraction and Data Flow within SAP BI, New Data source Concept, Transformation in BI 7.3(ETL), DTP, UPGRADING DATAFLOWS FROM 3.X TO BI 7.3, Business Content, Administration of InfoCubes and Aggregates, BI Accelerators, DSO (DATA STORE OBJECTS) and Virtual Cubes and Multi Providers.
- Experience in DATA EXTRACTIONS (ETL), ECC Extractions Using BI 7.3 Dataflows, Generic Extractions, Business Content Extractions, CO-PA Extractions, LO-COCK PIT Extractions (LOGISTICS) and FI-SL Extractions (Financial special purpose ledger)
- Experience in PERFORMANCE TUNING.
- Experience in BI Enterprise Reporting, Query Designer, Navigating On Reports, Key Figures, CHARACTERSTICS and Attributes, Exceptions and Conditions, ADVANCED REPORTING Topics, RRI (report to report interface), Bex Analyzer and Bex Web Analyzer.
- Experience in Web Reporting using new Web Application Designer
- Experience in HANA, Reporting Layer and Connectivity options
- Experience in Designing Complex Universes in IDT based on HANA Tables and HANA Views.
- Experience in WEBi 4.0 on HANA.
- Experience in Designing the Dashboards using Query Browser on HANA Universes using Dashboard Design 4.0
- Experience in SAP Business Objects BI 4.0 Explorer
- Experience in Designing Information Space based on SAP Experience in HANA Information Model using BO Explorer 4.0
- Experience in Exploring the Data using BO 4.0 explorer based on Information Spaces created on HANA
- Experience in Creating Analysis Views using Analysis edition for OLAP (HANA OLAP connection).
- Experience in sap ABAP Reports.
- ABAP Object oriented programming.
- Enhancements (Customer exit and BADI).
- DATA Dictionary, Function modules and sub-routines, Interfaces.
SAP HANA/Tableau Team Lead
- Responsible Analyzing and developing base line and detailed scoping and working with functional and business teams closely.
- Responsible in high-level deliverables to implement SAP HANA, Detail Design Documents, Test Cases/Test Data/Test Results, User Training, Technical Documentation, and Future Roadmaps.
- Developed HANA attribute, analytic and calculation views for xcelsius, tableau and MDX based dashboards.
- Responsible- SAP HANA/Tableau based dashboard deliverables.
- Modeling (Analytic, Attribute and Cal. Views), Data provisioning, Complex SQL Statements
- Created Analytic Privileges, Calculated Attributes, Complex Calculation views, SQL Scripting, created Procedures using SQL.
- Developed Reports using Universe (Webi, Explorer, dashboard and analysis tools)
- Maintaining Users and Authorizations
- Dashboard Development using Xcelsius, Tableau, Lumira and MDX for monthly, quarterly and yearly reviews
SAP BI / BW HANA Team Lead
- SAP HANA POC: Extraction from SAP and Non-SAP using BODS, Analytical Views and Calculation Views using Information Module, SAP BW on HANA.
- Implemented month-end closing reports (Operational Reports) and MM Reports on HANA.
- Responsible to implement HANA Modeling data like creating attribute, analytical and calculation views, more complex information models, view results using BOBJ reporting tools (Webi, Explorer, Dash boarding etc).
- Created Reports on SAP HR, SAP Payroll, SAP FI/CO and CATTS.
- Responsible in providing project estimates, decision documents, strategy documents, kick-off and sign-off from program management.
- Created Analytical, Calculation and Attribute views, SLT Configuration, replicated DB Tables, Currency conversion, created dashboards and webi reports using BI4.0 tools.
- Substantial amounts of time spent accessing data to address critical business questions, complex logic from database content to business data, require complex transformation rules, Business functions like alpha-convert, currency translation, time-dependency, etc with SAP HANA, Use Business Objects Data Services to connect code block database to SAP BW and SAP HANA, Rationalize billing ERP Systems which should map to BW and HANA
- Near Real time Data replication for Sales executives.
- Performance with Management Reports and Operational Reports
- Integration between APO and BW using RFC and loaded data to BW Planning Cubes.
- Connecting to 3rd parties BODS Solution Provided with SAP HANA and SAP BW
- Created SQL in HANA to connect tables using, Inner Join, Left Outer Join, Right Outer Join, Full Outer Join, Text Join, Referential Join and Union.
- Created Inner Join Analytical View Connecting Tables
- Implement leveled hierarchies, leveraged parent / child hierarchies, created attribute based hierarchies
- Creating Restricted & Calculated Measures in analytical views
- Implemented Financial Accounting Accelerator, Controlling Accelerator, Material Ledger Accelerator, Production Cost Analysis
SAP BI/BW Consultant
- Activation of Standard Master and Transactional Data sources. Maintenance and Activation of LO extractors.
- Deletion of Setup Data and Re-filling the Setup Data after activating the Data sources and checking the same in Extractor Checker.
- Pushing Delta from Outbound Queue to BW Delta Queue Maintenance by activating or executing program.
- Created View and Generic Data sources based on Table and View
- Appended new fields in Standard Data sources and written code for the same in CMOD.
- Extracted Data into BI from various systems like R/3, SRM, SCM and FLATFILE.
- Activated Multi provider and Query from Standard Business Content.
- Worked extensively on BI Routines like Start routine, Object routine, End routine and BI report Exits.
- Carried out Data Validation between the source system data and target data and analyzed whether the values are populated correctly.
- Perform Currency Conversion using variables, Info Objects & Fixed value based on the user requirements.
- Transported objects from Development to Quality using Transport Organizer.
- Worked on roles and authorizations and created analysis authorizations in BI security.
- User acceptance tests of BW reports and end-users training & go-live support.
- Worked in historical data loading from legacy Oracle system with data migration conversion rules.
- Worked on the post go live cut over activities and support issues.
- Had developed virtual provider using direct access for APO Reports.
- Worked on the all the featured of query designer like QTD, YTD variables, structures, auxiliary cells and cell references
- Designing and building InfoObjects, InfoSources, ODS objects, Infocubes, update rules, update routines, and appending structures in SAP BW 3.5 environment like legal consolidations transactional cube.
- Creating and loading hierarchies via flat files on FS Item (Dimensional/Analytical P&L, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow for consolidations), Consolidated Unit, Consolidated Group in BCS and Global Product Platform, Sales Channel, Brand, Trade Partner in BW.
- Working on data collection, manual posting of data, currency translation, InterUnit eliminations and reconciliations, balance carryforward .
- Built independent sales Info cubes and extracted data from sales modules
- Worked on Operational Data Store (ODS) to stage the data before transferring it to the Info Cubes
- Creating numerous calculated/restricted key figures for KPI calculations, variables as replacement path, customer exit, auth, SAP exit.
- Used aggregates, compression, and partitioning techniques to improve data load and query performance.
- Transported objects from Development to Quality using Transport Organizer.
- Created another infosource to feed this ODS for Movements/Postings from R/3 with information like Suspended, Rejected and Cleaned date and other movements data
- Involved in upgrading cubes from BW 3.5 to BI 7.0