- A very collaborative, result driven and hands - on SAP Lead/Senior Consultant with 20+ years of demonstrated US experience in successfully leading and delivering 20+ full-life cycle SAP implementation/rollout & business transformation projects for medium to large global corporations within pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devices, CPG & hi-tech industry segments across the globe with focus on end-to-end supply chain business processes & operations.
- Successfully led large & complex SAP QM, SAP MM, SAP WM & SAP PP/PP-PI implementations (green-field, roll-outs & enhancement projects) for global companies.
- Led IT & global business teams, onshore & offshore SAP technical resources during full life cycle implementation/rollout of SAP QM projects (8), SAP PP/PP-PI (4) projects, SAP MM/WM/eWM(4), SAP SCM/APO(2) & SAP PM(2) projects.
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure (on-premise & cloud) & operations, cross-functional enterprise applications, end-to-end supply chain business processes, industry & SAP best practices, regulatory and compliance needs.
- SAP modules expertise: QM, MM, PP/PP-PI, WM, eWM, PM on SAP R/3, SAP ECC, S/4 HANA 1610/1709
- Other SAP modules worked on: SCM/APO, IBP, SD, GTS, EHS, ME/MII, FICO, CRM, PLM, BW/BI
- SAP experience highlights:
- Program/project strategy & planning, delivery & release management for global SAP green field, roll-outs and upgrades projects within US, UK, EU and APAC
- Business process re-engineering, optimization and process improvement using SAP & industry best practices
- Business blue printings, solution design and prototyping, fit-gap analysis & technical development specifications
- Coaching & leading configuration & prototyping efforts for SAP QM/MM/ PP/PP-PI/ WM/PM
- Good understanding of: NetWeaver, BASIS, GRC, ABAP, BADI, PO/PI, MDM, Solman, ME/MII, HP QC, Flori etc.
- Design, development and testing of functional specs for RICEFW objects (onsite and off-shore ABAP teams)
- Computer System Validation & compliance to cGMP, CFR Part 11, SOX in regulated environment
- Data Management - strategy, discovery, gathering, conversion, validation & governance (used ETL tools)
- Cut-over and deployment activities including release management, security, audits, training development & delivery
- Post go-live support, implementation support, release, change request management & operations management
- Well versed with MS Project, Visio, MS Office, ARIS toolset, Trackwise, Remedy, Clearquest, MS Sharepoint etc.
- Over 12 years of SAP QM lead experience with blueprinting, solution design, configuration, testing, security, data migration & training to supports quality operations including inspection master data, vendor qualification, batch management, serialization, inbound/ in-process/outbound quality inspections, physical sample management, batch/lot traceability, CoA, quality notifications, standard & custom SPC with control limits and charting, test equipment management (calibration), stability studies & integration with LIMS, MES, Trackwise, DMS, calibration systems.
- Designed business process solutions using SAP QM/MM/WM/PP-PI to support HUM, EBR, eDHR, controlled substance management & product recall.
- Replaced LIMS with SAP QM for few manufacturing sites within a pharmaceutical company and integrated SAP QM with LIMS, MES & WMS systems during various implementations.
- Successfully mentored IT, Quality Ops & QC lab resources on SAP QM capabilities & configurations.
- Managed design, development and implementation of change management activities for QM implementations
- Delivered SAP QM training to master trainers & end-users during the course of various projects
- Led hyper care, production support, M& Confidential activities for SAP QM implementations.
- Successfully led and participated in multiple SAP PP/PI blueprinting, configuration, technical development, testing, security, data migration & training for processes to supports demand planning, MPS, MRP, production/process order management, prod/process order execution, material staging & consumption, HUM/SU management, PI sheets
- Integrated SAP PP/PP-PI with MES & advance planning tools (Honeywell POMS, GE Proficy, OTR, JDA, APO)
- Successfully coached & mentored consultants and business team members on SAP PP/PP-PI best practices.
- Managed ETL activities for BOMs, routings, recipes, production versions, work centers / resources, MM views etc design, development and implementation of change management activities for QM implementations
- Delivered SAP PP/PI training to business users during the course of various projects
- Led and supported post go-live hyper care, production support, M& Confidential activities during multiple projects
SAP Process Lead
- Worked closely with business & IT teams to understand the existing SAP landscape, supply chain business processes & high level controlled substance management requirements.
- Developed the user requirements & process flow to engage the business teams in finalizing the user requirements and end-to-end business process flows for various controlled substance management scenarios.
- Defined the master data requirements and changes to existing data for material master, recipes & quality inspection
- Configured SAP MM, WM, QM and PP-PI modules during the development of PoC and developed functional specs to address the requirement gaps.
- Presented two iterations of the PoC & solutions to the business and IT teams to seek the final approval.
- Created the final blueprint document, configuration document and trained the ALKS SAP resources for planned implementation in Q2 2019.
Confidential, Modesto, CA
SAP Manufacturing/Quality/Plant Maintenance IT Lead
- Led the planning phase to determine the phases and business process scope for the project for manufacturing, quality & PM
- Worked closely with business functional leads and SME from 5 manufacturing sites to understand the current processes and coached them on the industry and SAP best practices for manufacturing, quality & PM functional areas.
- Working with SI, conducted blueprinting workshops for quality and discrete manufacturing (bottling, labeling & packaging)
- Led work sessions with quality SMEs to transform the business processes and capture business requirements for incoming, in-process and outgoing inspections and integration with LIMS & MES.
- Prototyped and demoed SAP S/4 1610/1709 - QM functionality for inspections, result recording, usage decision, notifications, batch management, serialization, HUM etc.
- Prototyped and demoed SAP S/4 1610/1709 - PP functionality for LTP, MRP, Production order creation & execution, material staging & consumption.
- Formulated the strategy and template for quality, manufacturing & PM data extraction, transformation & load from legacy apps.
- Defined the approach & strategy for integration of SAP with WM(SwissLog), LIMS(Labvantage) & MES
SAP PP - MES Integration Lead
- Led the solution design & architecture initiative for MES integration with SAP PP/MM/WM/QM using iWay as middleware
- Worked closely with business leaders, MES resources/vendor to review the solution, business processes & define the data exchange and transformation requirements with SAP & other applications
- Review & update of SAP functional design document for integration of SAP with MES for material master, process orders, production orders, material staging transfer orders, material consumptions & adjustments, batch status etc.
- Review of technical specification including ABAP development for user exits, inbound/outbound iDocs customization
- Conducted workshops to design & develop SIT & UAT test scripts for integration of SAP, MES using iWay
- Led the execution of SIT and UAT with SAP, MES, iWay resources & business users including defect management
- Managed the segment of cutover plan & hyper care to support successful implementation of SAP-iWAY-MES including monitoring, error handling & issue resolution of inbound & outbound idocs.
Global Process Lead
- Confidential business operations leadership team member and SAP QM SME responsible to manage & monitor successful roll out of business transformation initiative for SAP for 10 global manufacturing sites in US, Ireland, Italy, Germany and 30+ commercial affiliates(DC) for their pharmaceutical, therapeutics & medical devices business units.
- Led blueprinting/localization workshops and business process review sessions at manufacturing sites & DC using global roll-out templates based on SAP best practices for quality operations & integration with materials, manufacturing, logistics and LIMS.
- Established strategy and procedures for master data governance, extractions, transformation and load
- Led the design & configuration review sessions for SAP QM/MM/WM/PP-PI solutions for various local needs and fine tuned the roll-out templates to support local needs. Migrated LIMS to SAP QM for 2 large manufacturing sites.
- Managed the implementation of quality inspections & release for procured, manufactured and outbound batch managed materials, CoA for outbound materials, basic quality notification and full batch traceability across multiple sites & geographies.
- Championed and configured solution for in-process inspection using PI-sheets, batch traceability, management of incoming controlled substance (Morphine), SPC with control limits & charting, quality notifications, eDHR, serialization, HUM, product recall & integration of SAP QM with GTS, LIMS and Trackwise.
- Liaison with site quality & lab managers, IT heads & program managers to insure that deployments of quality & operations processes and technical activities are executed smoothly in a planned predictable manner.
- Supervised the data teams and activities to extract, transform, harmonize & load all the quality master data, material master, vendor, batch master and inventory from legacy systems to SAP and LIMS across all sites.
- Planned and managed validation activities, defect recording & resolution management for quality & logistics.
- Delivered SAP QM and quality processes training as “Master Trainer”
- Planned and managed site readiness & cut-over activities related to business activities, data, user readiness etc.
- Issue management & closure for pre and post deployments activities at each site related to quality processes.
- Post deployment support to business heads and teams for process enablement & continuous process improvement
- Closely worked with technologies like SAP ECC, SAP SRM, Thermo LIMS, JDA, Trackwise.
Confidential, Boise, ID
SCM Integration Lead
- Engaged APAC teams to understand and define the integration requirements for various types of inventories
- Designed solution to extract, transform and load the inventory data from various sites including supplier integration
- Validation of technical solution for inventory integration and defining change management process.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Led strategy sessions to define the overall approach and guidelines to align WW operations business processes with industry & SAP best practices.
- Developed the process model framework and mentored the teams to develop the process decomposition for project scoping
- Participated in identification of business process issues and facilitated workshops to enable future state business decision
- Participated with SAP in developing the solution architecture for global SAP landscape which included SAP SCM, SAP SRM, SAP ECC, SAP CRM, Solution Manager
- Led the effort for defining the overall project approach, project plans & resource requirements for WWOps.
- Participated in creating RFP, reviewing proposals and system integrator selection.
- Successfully planned managed over 150+ blueprinting workshops for demand & supply planning, procure-to-pay, inventory & warehouse management, contract manufacturing, order-to-cash & delivered WWOps blueprint in record time.
- Provided subject matter expertise on end-to-end supply chain business processes and facilitated SAP solution demo sessions during workshops.
Confidential, Emeryville, CA
SAP QM Lead & SCM SME
- Advised the Abbott business and IT leadership on current best practices and strategy to harmonize the quality, manufacturing & logistics business processes using SAP and/or LIMS across all the BU and manufacturing sites
- Planned, managed and executed over 30 SAP QM blueprinting workshops to successfully harmonize the business processes and develop quality operations blueprint for clinical and commercial quality operations for all the BUs and manufacturing sites.
- Led SAP QM team to design business processes related to procured / manufactured / outbound / returns material for inspection data setup, quality inspection & release with DMR for batch managed & serialized products with SPC at characteristic level, physical sample management, quality notifications, CoA & stability studies.
- Helped the procure-to-pay team to develop and configure solution for PR release using classification & vendor evaluation.
- Participated as SAP SCM SME during blueprinting for WM/eWM implementation including global product track & trace.
- Identified and developed integration scenarios with procurement, warehouse, manufacturing and sales.
- Developed the strategy and template for harmonization & ETL activities for SAP QM related data management activities. Re-engineered the batch master design and approach to harmonize and load batch masters
- Led business teams to develop validation and integration test scripts, training curriculum and SAP security matrix
SCM Project Leader
- Led the planning and delivery of the global supply chain business process transformation initiative for improving the business processes for S&OP, demand management, supply planning, MRP, CRP & LRP.
- Facilitated the design, development and deployment of SCM reports based on SCOR using SAP BW