- SAP Business Intelligence Consultant with over 5 plus years of experience in various projects like Design, Development, Implementation and Production support for Business Applications in SAP BI/BW (7.4,7.3, 7.0), SAP ECC & SAP HANA & around 2 years of ABAP expertise in writing routines.
- SAP BW HANA development with proven experience in extensively used solution manager for project Documentation, maintaining functional and technical specification documents and managing the Transports.
- Implementations of SAP BW HANA with strong knowledge of SAP BW Sourced from ECC & Non - ECC data sources
- Extensive hands on server expertise in SAP HANA Data provisioning technology including SAP LT, Data Services.
- Coordinated with application team and performed ETL processes, Data Modeling, Extraction, loading, Scheduling, Monitoring and testing.
- Experience in data extraction from flat files and OLTP systems using LO Cockpit, CO-PA, LIS, Generic Extractors and non-SAP R/3 extractions. Also worked on R/3 Data Source enhancements using the master data and transaction data function modules.
- Worked on all Standard data flows - Custom Extractors, Generic Extractors, Data sources, Info Sources, Transfer Rules, Data Transfer Processes (DTPs), Update Rules, Info Packages, Info-Package groups, Info Objects, ODS/DSO, Info Cubes and Process Chains.
- Established connections between SAP BI System and other source systems using DB Connect and UD Connect.
- Experience on BW Reporting tools like BE-x Analyzer, BE-x Query Designer, BE-x workbooks, Web Application Designer (WAD), Worked with Info-Sets and Info-Set Queries. Created queries using conditions, exceptions, variables, structures, restricted and calculated key figures and aggregates.
- Created Design Studio Applications and Dashboards based on SAP Net-Weaver BW, SAP HANA and Universe data sources, Created Universes and established Connections like BAPI (OLAP), BICS and Relational Multi source connection through Data Federator to connect to BE-x Queries and create reports.
- Knowledge on ABAP Programming, customizing Start and End routines and writing respective Routines at Info Package/DTP level, SQL scripts, User exits, Generic extractors to meet optimum performance requirements.
- Strong experience on Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i and SQL Server 2008/2012. Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL. Good knowledge in implementing business applications using the Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using SQL on various source systems including SQL Server 2008, worked on various performance tuning techniques, improved Data Load and Query Performance by using Aggregation at multiple levels, Compression, Rollups, Indexes and Partitions.
- Experience in the Design, Development, Maintenance, and Testing of software programs and working with program specifications and also Lead teams of both on shore and off shore resources effectively.
- Experience in interacting with Business Users, facilitating the business requirements, gathering sessions and transforming requirements into reports.
- Used the Central Management Console (CMC) and Central Configuration Manager (CCM) to configure security profiles and authorizations - developed roles, user authorization objects, profiles and user groupsCreated Executive dashboards for the higher-level management showing summary metrics for the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Excellent Communication with strong leadership skills, self- motivated, good time management and ability to create effective solutions for dynamic user needs.
Technologies: SAP BI 7.3/7.0/3.5,SAP HANA
Reporting: BE-x Reports (BI 7.x/BW 3.x), BE-x Analyzer
Languages: ABAP/4, C, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, Visual Basic, LINUX, Oracle 11g: (DBMS)
Presentation/Utility Tools: MS-Office, MS- Excel, MS-Project
Operating Systems: WINDOWS XP/7/VISTA/8, UNIX, I-OS, Microsoft Server 2012
SAP BW Reporting Specialist
- BW on HANA experience, responsible for development, maintenance, and enhancement of data modeling/extraction in SAP Business Warehouse and HANA environments.
- Design and develop methods of extraction for data from multiple sources (SAP & non-SAP) Collaborate with Architects and Portal Admin for design and development of reporting
- Design and develop HANA data models (Analytic Views, Calculation Views, etc.)
- Experience with SAP HANA data modeling using Attribute View, Analytic View, and Calculation View.
- ETL with BW, BW Info cubes modeling, Reporting with BW, HANA optimized Info cubes, HANA & BW mixed scenarios and SAP HANA Modeling.
- Provided SAP BW/HANA Initial production bubble support experience.
- Involved in complete life cycle implementation of SAP BI. Involved extensively in developing the project plan, in blue printing the statement of works for the different sources, documenting the Info provider manual.
- Involved in interaction with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) for studying their business requirements.
- Worked extensively on standard and custom defined LIS, LO extractors. Installed relevant SAP business content. Used LO structures for extracting sales order, delivery information. Logistics Cockpit configuration and customization.
- Analyzed, designed and developed Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes for a data warehousing and Data Migrations projects.
- Used LO-Cockpit extraction for sales order data, the data sources used for extraction were 2LIS 11 VAHDR (Sales Doc header), 2LIS 11 VAITM (Sales Doc item) and used extractors 2LIS 13 VDHDR for billing data.
- Extensive usage of ABAP in customizing Start and End routines and writing respective Routines at Info Package/DTP level
- Responsible for job schedules for loading Master data (Texts, Attributes and Hierarchies).
- Expertise in LO extraction steps of maintenance of extraction structure and delta load types, scheduled deleting and filling setup tables, maintenance of delta queue.
- Developed flexible queries using filters, navigational attributes, variables, calculated key figures, restricted key figures in BE-x analyzer to facilitate data analysis in a drill down or summarized way to give detail level of information
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Generated reports based on reporting requirements on purchase order summary, purchase order details, sales order summary, sales order details and invoice details
- Created and maintained Report-to-Report interface (RRI). Created Web templates using Web Application Designer to have a consistent look and feel of the reports for the end-users. Involved in reporting through a web-based client for global spend analysis.
- Involved in creating I-views for web templates. Involved in the final preparation of performing the go-live check.
- Coordinated integration testing with process teams to validate data and seek end user acceptance.
- Contributed a series of content development sessions among different business unit managers to address business group-specific needs.
- Created Functional Design Specifications according to the Business requirements and created Technical Design Specifications.
Environment: BI 7.4,HANA1.0, ECC 5.0, MM, SCM, COPA modules, ABAP, Query Designer & BE-x Analyzer.
- Gathered requirements, designed data models, created the specs for extractors, involved in creating the generic extractors, developed front-end reports for the SAP Net-weaver Business Warehouse environment. Enhanced extract structures of Logistics Data Sources according to Customer Needs.
- Involved in writing the ABAP code in transformations, DTP and Info Package. Created update rules and transfer rules using routines in ABAP and formula builder.
- Extensively worked on building & Organizing Process chains and Monitoring through Auto-sys.
- Experience in implementing Line Authorizations and troubleshooting of authorizations.
- Created Open hub models to send the data from BW to other systems.
- Implemented BI Accelerator and designed the Roll up process to capture the delta loads and avoid Accelerator failures.
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Configured, installed BI content and enhanced source system. Involved in Data Modeling, Data Load process and Monitoring Scheduled Process Chains.
- Created top 10 margin dashboards in Visual composer and YTD, QTD, MTD summary reports in Web application designer with exceptions and publish to portals using BE-x broadcaster.
- Involved in WAD to design studio migration project and created drilldowns for this wad reports.
- Created Dashboards with Be-x Queries as Source with the help of Query Browser.
- Involved in performance tuning of reports, unit testing and documenting the processes.
- Extensively used BE-x Query designer and analyzer to created queries, variables using replacement paths, filters, Cell definitions, calculated key figures, restricted key figures, charts and workbooks.
- Created thin client reports using web intelligence (Web-I) in order to view the reports from intranet.
- Designed, developed BE-x queries, Universes and X-Celsius Dashboards. Designed and created budget planning modules in BI, development and customization (input data into system).
- Conducted super user training and Documentation on Best practices for Support and maintain post go-live system.
- Performed timely update Functional/Technical and other documentation required for the project.
- Conducted knowledge transfer session with the project team
- Built reports on HANA tables and views using Information Design Tool (IDT).
- Created Design Studio Applications and Dashboards based on SAP Net-Weaver BW, SAP HANA and Universe data sources.
- Extensively worked with formatting the reports according to the user requirements.
- Loaded data into BW from relational databases using BODS.
- Created Web-I reports over Multiple Queries.
- Worked in support team as well and handled the high priority Remedy Incidents.
Environment: ABAP, SAP BI 7.1, SAP ECC 6.0, BE-x, BI 4.0, Design Studio, Dashboard.
SAP BW Developer
- Involved in requirement gathering and business discussions, create functional/technical specs and design template for the Dashboards using BEX Dashboard design tool.
- Coordinated with Development/support team and achieved the good customer satisfaction.
- Created multiple BE-x reports with exception aggregations and built universes to build complex Credit Web-I reports using merge functionalities, input controls, hyperlinks etc.
- Designed standard template for Web-I reporting with auto generation of user prompts and Info Provider details.
- Created Standard Reports utilizing all the features on Web Intelligence in BOE 4.1 like Optional Prompts, Input controls, Functions, etc.
- Created Breaks, Filters at different levels of the reports and applied ranking in the Web-I reports.
- Configured SAP Business Objects Explorer on SAP BO 4.0 environment enabling the Explorer to work on I-Pad using BOBJ Explorer App.
- Involved in FX Exposure complex Data model to support FI/GL Reporting using custom data source.
- Created FI/GL Reports with currency translations to make this as a global report for broader audience with RRI functionality.
- Actively worked on Reporting performance optimization project to improve the BE-x report, Web-I & Dashboard Report run times.
- Built complex Dashboards with many charts on AR, AP, FI, Manufacturing areas with drill through functionalities and passing of user parameter capabilities within the dashboards and supporting reports.
- Worked very closely with both Business analysts & SAP functional team in understanding and resolving the tickets. Created necessary change management tickets.
- Worked on optimizing the queries in SQL Server 2008.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using SQL on various sources systems including SQL Server 2008.
- Provided recommendations on overall BI Strategy.
- Involved in building the standards for Bex CMC folder, group, access levels etc.
- Developed Real time Info cubes, Multi-providers, aggregation levels, filters, financial planning & Budgeting functions, planning sequences Input ready queries and variables in BI-IP (Integrated Planning) tool.
- Performed unit testing and coordinate with business for integration testing and UAT; Resolved testing issues.
Environment: SAP BI 7.3,SAP ECC 6.0, BE-x, IDT, Web-I, GL, SQL 2008, Dashboards, Design Studio, BEx Reports.