- 9 years of experience in SAP FICO, including experience in two full cycle implementations using ASAP Methodology, as well as Business analysis and Testing.
- Worked on Up - gradation of SAP R/3 4.7 to ECC 6.0 and was responsible for ECC 6.0 customizing, configuring, integrating, testing, end user training and providing support.
- Experienced in gathering and analyzing business requirements, working with SME’s, identifying gaps between AS-IS and TO-BE, re-engineering business processes, creating business blueprints, mapping processes to SAP R/3 functionality, and collecting master data.
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of RTR (Record to Report), PTP (Procure to Pay) and OTC (Order to Cash).
- Possess in-depth knowledge about US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Act and worked on both standard SAP taxation and 3rd party tax tools like Sabrix, Vertex.
- Financial Accounting expertise includes GL, New GL migration, A/P, A/R, Bank Accounting, Asset Accounting and taxes.
- Controlling expertise includes CEA, Confidential, PCA, IO, CO-PC as well as CO-PA.
- Strong knowledge of FI/CO modules integration with other modules such as MM and SD.
- Technical exposure to working with ABAP developers creating functional and technical specifications, IDOCs, BAdI’s, BAPIs, Enhancements, Reports and other customized developments.
- Strong industry specific knowledge in Petrochemicals, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Shipping, Consumer Products, Food, Media and Entertainment.
- Motivated achiever who guides organizations in applying technology to business settings, provides value added services, and creates project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Involved in SAP overview training, end user navigation training, and end user FICO training.
- Experienced to support reporting and business intelligence requirements to ensure a robust reporting environment.
- Experienced in using SOLMAN (Solution manager) for the purpose of documentation, testing, customization and landscape definition.
- Experience working with Data migration tools like Win-shuttle
ERP System: ECC 6.0, SAP R/3 4.6C/4.7
Operation Systems: Windows XP/ Vista/ 7
Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/ 2007
Other Tools: ABAP debugging, ABAP Query, HP QC Quality Center
Confidential - Richmond, VA
SAP FICO Analyst
- Identified upgrade related issues for Utility line of business and communicated those with Confidential.
- Worked closely in a team with the PS, MM, PP, and SD consultants regarding upgrade related issues
- Worked closely with the Business, to gather FI requirements, related to the acquisition of a new company that is using Peoplesoft and needs to be migrated into SAP
- Performed gap Analysis for the GL, AP and AR modules as well as many interfaces, to make sure that the newly acquired company is smoothly transitioned from Peoplesoft to SAP.
- Translated business requirements into Functional and Technical specifications.
- Worked on Inter-company transactions settings in OBYA .
- Made necessary configurations to update Confidential directory, using a Federal reserve file in BAUP transaction
- Used Confidential to upload master data such as GL accounts, Customers, vendors, Cost Centers, Profit Centers, Internal Orders and maintained automatic account assignments.
- Created SQVI reports in AR, in order to update and extend customers to additional company codes.
- Worked with ABAP consultants to create custom programs for Master data uploads, Reports creation, and Custom transactions
- Performed Unit testing as well as Integration Testing on Custom ABAP developments and worked with ABAP consultants to resolve issues that came up.
- Helped with Support Pack Testing for GL, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Cost Centers, and Profit Centers; which is done periodically to make sure that all the custom and standard reports and transactions are working properly.
- Configured FI-AP, FI- AR, Customer/ Vendor Master records, Account groups for GL accounts, Vendors/ Customers, Tolerance groups, Document number ranges, and maintained correct Account determination based on the information provided by Dominion’s staff.
- Worked on configuration areas of House banks as it wanted to maintain different banks for different company codes. Helped in the set-up of the Automatic Payment Program for paying vendors, Automatic interest calculation, Bank statement (electronic and manual), and Dunning procedures.
- Used HP Quality Center for Test results and Transport management
- Configured settings for Controlling Area and assigned those to company codes. Created Primary and Secondary Cost elements, Cost Element Groups, maintained Cost Element Attributes, etc.
- In Internal Orders maintained order types, screen layouts, maintained order groups, status management
- Configured Profit Center Accounting, maintained profit center standard hierarchy and created profit centers based on Dominion’s market segments, Exchange rate types, Distribution, assessment of costs, and statistical key figures.
Environment: ECC 6.0
SAP FICO Analyst
Confidential - New York, NY
- Work closely with the business to solve all the issues related to GL, AR and AP, Cost and Profit Centers configurations and recommended enhancements as well.
- Developed test scenarios and performed unit and integration testing for enhancements related to configuration of FI - GL, AR, AP
- For Testing purposes, updated and uploaded Customer master record, using Confidential or custom programs, and extended customers to multiple companies.
- Provided Production Support including Month-end and Year-end Closing Activities such as accounts receivables, accounts payables, period closing, accruals and deferring entries, balance carry forwards, GR/IR account reconciliation.
- Performed Support pack Testing for all the FI modules, to make sure that all Standard SAP reports and custom reports display correctly.
- Involved in generating the FI-GL standard reports for month end reporting purposes and Generated Customized Reports for Managerial requirements by using Report Painter. Documented End User Manuals and Training Material
- In New GL migration, worked on the merging of FI ledgers
- Created customer/vendor master data, edited field status group for master records, payment terms, payment methods, arrangements for residual/partial payments, risk categories, different number ranges for domestic/global/one time customers/vendors, credit memo’s, down payments, and set credit & tolerance limits for customers & vendors
- Helped in setting up one of the House banks and Configured APP for outgoing payments in Accounts payable, Assigned Layout and print program to the payment method in FBZP configuration to print the checks directly in SAP and worked with a developer on modifying a SAP Script for checks and the print program.
- In Logistic Invoice verification, LIV, defined document type and number range for invoices using OMR4
- In Confidential Cost Center Accounting, made necessary configuration for Distribution and Assessement cycles for costs allocation
- Updated Profit Center master data for GL, AP, and AR daily transactions
- In CO troubleshoot of all the CEA Cost Element Accounting, Confidential Cost Center Accounting, and PCA Profit Center Accounting related issues
- In LIV logistic invoice verification, performed GR/IR invoice verification including 2 ways and 3 ways matching
- Maintained Invoice Receipt Tolerance. Automatic account determination, GR/IR clearing, Automatic clearing issues. Limits, Reductions in invoice, credit memos and Evaluated receipt settle.
- Configuration of Asset Accounting Module. Set up Chart of Depreciation, Number range assignment across company codes and account determination.
- Created Asset classes and screen layout rules, defined number range intervals. Defined depreciation area posting to General Ledger, Assigned GL accounts and Assigned input tax indicator for Non-Taxable Acquisition. Depreciation calculation key.
- Integrated automatic posting for FI-MM through OBYC. Procure To Pay (PTP). Configured FI-SD integration and revenue accounts determination through VKOA Order To Cash (OTC).
- Maintained Controlling area settings and made cost center hierarchy and other assignments in Cost Element Accounting created Primary and secondary Cost elements, created Cost Element Groups,
- Uploaded FI legacy data using Confidential . Defined expense accounts, revenue accounts for realized exchange rate difference, differentiated the accounts by currency, exchange rate gains, exchange rate losses and then posted to separate GL account.
- Created and defined credit control areas to company code including pre-defined credit limits for customers.
Environment: SAP R3 - 6.0
SAP FICO Business Analyst
Confidential - Jackson, MI
- Involved with conducting workshops for business users for gathering requirements of the intended business processes using the ASAP methodology.
- Documented existing business processes and analyzed them in order to identify the GAPs in the current business processes and these GAPs were used to determine the scope of the business blueprint.
- Involved with identifying proposed solutions to bridge the gap by way of documenting necessary reports, forms, interfaces. And analyzed their suitability in the overall solution perspective.
- Worked on identifying Test data, building Requirement Traceability Matrix, and putting together Test cases before executing them.
- Performed Unit Testing, Integration Testing as well as Regression Testing depending on the requirement.
- Exposure to building database queerie using Se16n and SQVI and reconcile them to test SAP custom report output.
- Involved in creating functional specification documents for the enhancements required in FI - GL, AR, AP to enable ABAP programmers to develop custom programs.
- In CO defined costing sheets for calculating Overhead (percentage based overhead calculation) in Product CO-PC so that the Overhead could be assigned accurately for indirect costs incurred in the production of pastries, cakes, bread items, etc.
- Implemented Revenue Recognition using SAP best practices.
- Involved with creating customer master data such as field status groups, number range, account group, payment terms, dunning, document type, reconciliation account, screen layouts, payment terms, and customer/vendor clearing, inter-company clearing accounts and setting up inter-company transactions.
- Performed configurations related to Purchasing and Logistic invoice verification LIV by setting tolerance limit for invoices and activating Direct Posting to G/L Account and Material Account
- In Product Costing CO-PC, defined Cost componnent Structure for material costing
- In Product Costing CO-PC, defined Costing sheets and Costing variants for product cost estimates
- Involved with creating value adjustment clearing accounts for doubtful receivables using valuation methods and updating customer master data.
- Involved with creating integration point FI - GL with Sales and Distribution module, and related GL account determination through access sequences.
- Carried out Customer Analysis including Days in Arrears, Payment History, Cash Discount Overview using user-defined reports through Report Writer and Report Painter.
- Involved with creating master data on Interest Calculation on Account Balances and Line Items, interest indicator, time-based terms, and account determination through posting keys and account symbols.
- Involved with configuring, customizing and assigning company code to credit control area and defined Risk Categories and assigning to credit control areas
- Credit limit, risk categories along with document types, customer credit groups for analysis by credit representatives and groups, and maintain central credit master data in credit management.
- Configured bank directory, house banks, bank accounts, GL accounts, posting rules for automatic assignment of accounts, check deposit configuration, and determining clearing basis for check deposits.
- Configured and Tested the Lock Box program for Accounts Receivables payments in BAI/BAI-2 formats and interfaces for EDI files from banks with payment details for updating GL and customer accounts.
- Involved with migrating data from third party platform to SAP.
- Involved with creating vendor master data such as screen layouts, field status group, number ranges, Account group, payment terms, down payment with special GL transactions, document type, posting rules, reconciliation account, customer/vendor clearing, partnering vendors using B2B and data flows through EDI.
- Involved with creating integration point with Materials Management by determining GL account through material movement types with valuation classes.
- Configured the Automatic Payment Program for account payables including partial payment Configuration, check management and check printing, open item clearing in account payables, outgoing payments for outstanding invoices with invoice verification for good receipts.
- In CO- Confidential /PC created the cost centers and maintained the Standard hierarchy, assigned cost centers to cost elements. Configured Activity types, Statistical Key Figures.
- Developed cost sheet, cycles, segments for cost center distributions and assessment to allocate manufacturing overhead cost to cost objects. Configured settlements, cost splits for Activity Price calculations. Setup internal orders and cost collector configuration.
- Customized order classification establishing a sophisticated system of order settlements and cost center assessment cycles. Set-up planning profile for cost center, activities, statistical key figures and cost element planning.
Environment: SAP R3 - 6.0
Confidential - Bartlesville, OK
SAP FICO Consultant
- Provided Level 2 Production Support for the FI Module - GL, AP and AR and for CO Module - Confidential, PCA, CEA, and Product Costing.
- Facilitated knowledge transfer, communication, and interaction between various functional organizations and the Information Technology department.
- Provided Extensive functional support for master data governance and master data troubleshooting.
- In CO
- Used SAP Solution Manager 7.1 to provide support and enhancement of templates and document management.
- Worked on JVA module as a part of PRA implementation
- Provided support to all issues related to the Record to Report RTR process from manual journal entries to closing
- Stayed current with costing functionality available within SAP and communicated opportunities to Confidential ’s Cost Accounting Department employees.
- Helped in the Configuration of automatic account assignment for Confidential ’s balance sheet GL accounts and those required for integration with MM & SD Modules.
- In AP Logistic Invoice verification LIV, activated company code for MM and used SM30 to set default values of Invoice Verification
- Configured Cost Center Accounting/ Cost element, maintained standard hierarchy for cost centers, created cost center categories and its distribution and assessment.
- Assigned value fields to different condition types in SD and monitored the actual data flow from SD billing documents to FI direct postings.
- Resolved issues in various modules such as FI-AR, FI-AP, CO-PA, CO-PC, CO- Confidential, CO-CEA, and CO-PCA.
- Used Confidential for uploading master data of General Ledger, Customers and Vendors. Worked on Confidential for creation and modification of master data of GL accounts, Customers, Vendors, Internal Orders and Cost Centers.
- Interacted with the external Tax Software application system (Sabrix) for US Taxes whenever there were any unresolved issues relating to it.
- Performed ABAB debugging as needed to solve issues related to custom reports and interfaces
- Worked closely with technical team in Houston, Texas to design and develop ABAP/4 reports, interfaces and enhancements as per Managements requirements.
- Developed custom reports in controlling module using Report Painter and Report Writer.
- Trained on an average of around 10 to 15 end-users per class on SAP functionality in a classroom setting with a combination of PowerPoint, SAP live on screen, and hands-on training.
- Performed Integration testing of FI with other modules; SD, MM & PP and extended support for account determination. Worked closely with Confidential Phillip’s employees and explained them the overall business workflow for integration (MIGO, MIRO, LIV and MRBR).
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0.
Confidential - Milwaukee, WI
SAP FICO Consultant
- Worked closely in a team of 20 consultants at company’s headquarters in Milwaukee and performed GAP analysis and participated actively in designing blueprints using ASAP Methodology. Interacted constantly with team of FICO consultants at Confidential throughout the implementation process.
- Helped the FI team in Configuring Global settings for Company code, Fiscal year variant, Chart of accounts, posting period variant, field status variant and field status groups
- Created standard hierarchy for Confidential profit centers, dummy profit center, defined various document types for profit centers, assigned number ranges, and contributed for PCA planning parameters in PCA using the Global Template.
- Maintained Overhead cost elements, percentage overhead rates, calculation bases, credits, costing sheets, activity plan, and costing types in CO-PC.
- Configured the Material Cost estimate with Quantity Structure and Configured the cost component structure, Costing variants for standard cost estimate for planned and actual Production orders in CO-PC.
- Worked on Cost Object controlling, period ending activities such as WIP and Variance calculations, settlements of orders, Cost Split, cost estimation, Costing Run, Marking and Releasing for updating the price in material master records in CO-PC.
- Defined costing sheets for calculating Overhead (percentage based overhead calculation) in Product CO-PC so that the Overhead could be assigned accurately for indirect costs incurred in the production of ID cards, labels, etc.
- Involved in design, configuration & process re-engineering for Standard Cost Estimates in Product Costing. Helped in the configuration of ‘Product Cost by Period’ and ‘Product Cost by Sales Order in CO-PC.
- Assisted the FICO/ MM team in configuring the three way matching concept of Purchase Order with Goods Receipt and Invoice Receipt. Monitored closely the integration touch points and assigned proper GL Accounts in Account Determination.
- Involved in the Configuration of several Confidential based on several businesses and technologies and configured Automatic Payment Program (APP) using F110 and FBZP. Also worked in optimizing bank details for wire payments, check lots, void reason codes and clearing inter-company vendor/customer open items in FI- AP.
- Helped in the development of the specifications for check forms and payment advice forms.
- Provided functional assistance to the FICO team in the development of RICEF (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements and Forms).
Environment: ECC 6.0.
Confidential - Rahway, NJ
SAP FICO Analyst
- Identified upgrade related issues for Pharmaceuticals line of business and communicated those with Confidential accounting department and management.
- Worked closely in a team with the MM, PP, and SD consultants regarding upgrade related issues
- Configured GL accounts, maintained automatic account assignments, and Financial statement versions.
- Configured FI-AP, FI- AR, Customer/ Vendor Master records, Account groups for GL accounts, Vendors/ Customers, Tolerance groups, Document number ranges, and maintained correct Account determination based on the information provided by Confidential ’s staff.
- In LIV and AP, configured tolerance limits for Logistic Invoice verification and specific vendor tolerance.
- Worked on configuration areas of House banks as it wanted to maintain different banks for different company codes. Helped in the set-up of the Automatic Payment Program for paying Confidential ’s vendors for raw materials of the drug, Automatic interest calculation, Bank statement (electronic and manual), and Dunning procedures.
- Assisted the FSCM consultant at Confidential in setting up of Releasing credit cards and editing payment methods in Biller Direct using EBPP. Assigned value fields to different condition types in SD and monitored the actual data flow from SD billing documents to FI direct postings.
- Configured settings for Controlling Area and assigned those to company codes. Created Primary and Secondary Cost elements, Cost Element Groups, maintained Cost Element Attributes, Costing Sheet, etc.
- Cost Elements Analysis, involving both primary and secondary cost elements, activating the reconciliation ledger, and maintaining accounts for automatic reconciliation posting.
- In Cost Center Accounting defined and assigned standard hierarchy. Created Cost Centers for Confidential based on different pharmaceutical products and assigned them to GL accounts through Cost elements to Profit Centers and Work Centers.
- In Internal Orders maintained order types, screen layouts, maintained order groups, status management, overhead costing sheets, maintained settlement rules, settlement profile, and planning profile.
- Configured Profit Center Accounting, maintained profit center standard hierarchy and created profit centers based on Confidential market segments, Exchange rate types, Distribution, assessment of costs, and statistical key figures.
- In CO-PA, configured costing based CO-PA, assisted Confidential ’s management in the design and configuration of PA structures, including decisions on characteristics, key figures, derivation rules, and settlement to CO-PA.
- Used CO-PA to report profitability of Confidential Company by Customer, Product, and Market Segments. Created Profit & Loss statements using CO-PA reporting tools.
- In CO-PC-PCP, Configured Material costing with quantity structure, Costing Variants, Standard, Inventory, and Modified cost estimate and involved in Price update.
- In CO-PC-OC, Configured Master data for Product cost by order (Product Cost Collector), Simultaneous Costing, and Period End Closing.
- Used the Accrual engine tool for Intellectual property management and leasing accounting.
Environment: ECC 4.7
Confidential - Grand Rapid, MI
SAP FICO Analyst
- Provided Production Support for Confidential ’s on various FI and CO modules. Configured Account groups and Retained Earning Accounts in OB53 to create GL Master Data.
- Assisted the A/R Consultant and Confidential ’s Credit Department on Credit Management and Credit Control Areas. Assisted the FICO team in resolving the issues for one of the Confidential .
- Maintained Document types for customer/vendor and maintained number range for the same.
- In AP and LIV configurations, assigned tax Code for Non- Taxable Transaction and maintained default values for tax codes.
- Configured Cost Center Accounting/ Cost element, maintained standard hierarchy, cost center categories, distribution and assessment.
- Configured Profit Center master data, standard hierarchy, dummy profit center, profit center groups, distribution and assessments.
- Maintained Internal Order types for Research and Development projects, maintained Settlement profile and allocation structure for different settlement rules and parameters.
- Created and generated operating concern, created characteristics, value fields and defined the segment level characteristics to address CO-PA requirement. Assigned value fields to different condition types to SD and monitoring of actual data flow from SD billing documents and FI direct postings. Creation of assessment cycles to allow the overhead costs among various characteristics
- Maintained Costing sheets and Cost component structure in OKTZ. Configured standard Cost estimate in cost object controlling, WIP calculation, variance calculation and Maintained settlement structures.
- Configured multiple costing variants for period dependent sales data and was involved in testing Bill of Material (BOM) and Routing Data that is relevant for CO-PC.
- Worked on Costing Run to cost, mark and release multiple materials (Steel, wood, particle board, etc) at same times in CO-PC.
- Worked on the integration touch points of CO-PC with Production planning PP-PI using a process that included master recipes, routings, and Bill of Materials BOM.
- Created Characteristics and Value fields in CO-PA. Configured the derivative rules for user defined characteristics, created costing keys for transferring current cost estimate in CO-PA.
- Activated New GL and Configured new functionalities available in New GL according to client requirements. Resolved issues in various modules such as COPA, COPC, Confidential, AP and PCA.
- Sound knowledge in the migration to New GL starting from the creation of blue print for New GL to the customization of document splitting, allocation and planning.
- Used Confidential for uploading master data of General Ledger, Customers and Vendors. Worked on Confidential ’s for creation and modification of master data of GL accounts, Customers, Vendors, Internal Orders and Cost Centers.
Environment: ECC 6.0.
Confidential - Erie, PA
SAP FI Intern/ SAP FICO Analyst
- Participated in JTMs (Joint Team Meetings) to arrive at "TO BE" design, which was acceptable to the team, user groups, and Management.
- Conducted GAP analysis, documented the findings, assessed scope of studies & suggested solutions through SAP for implementation and customizations. Worked closely with MM, SD and PP-PI consultants so as to ensure that commercial controls and accounting requirements are met as per business process blueprint.
- Configured GL accounts, maintained automatic account assignments, financial statement versions, validations, and substitutions.
- Configured FI-AP and FI-AR, Customer/ Vendor Master Records, Account groups, Tolerance groups, Document number ranges, and Account determination for several accounts.
- Created Bank Master data, House banks, GL accounts for each bank account and assigned reconciliation accounts for vendors, customers and assets.
- Customized settings for Interest Calculation on FI- AR and FI-AP items. Configured the settings for Outgoing payments for Logistics vendors such as including Automatic Payment Program (APP) in F110 & FBZP.
- In FI-AP and LIV, performed GR/IR invoice verification as well as 2 and 3 ways matching.
- Configured Controlling area and General settings for the company and set currency for controlling area same as company code.
- Created customer/vendor master data, edited field status group for master records, payment terms, payment methods, arrangements for residual/partial payments, risk categories, different number ranges for domestic/global/one time customers/vendors, credit memo’s, down payments, and set credit & tolerance limits for customers & vendors.
- Coordinated and implemented ERS agreements for the company with its vendors and set the configuration settings in the vendor master record to eliminate Price & Quantity Variances.
- Customized General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts payable as per client’s request.
- Configured Standard hierarchies for Profit centers, created profit center groups and profit centers
- Configured changes in Standard hierarchies for Cost centers, created cost center groups and cost centers and assigned cost centers to respective profit centers
- Developed Assessment, Distributions and Reposting periodic cycles and configured Internal Orders Types, Order Settlement and Internal Order Budgeting.
- Configured Costing based & Accounting based CO-PA; maintained Operating concern with characteristics and field values, and also defined versions.
- Tested report generation using Report Writer & Report Painter. Worked extensively on Confidential & Confidential programs and trained end users for the same. Analyzed reports and identified errors using ABAP Queries.
- Performed Integration testing of FI with other modules; SD, MM & PP and extended support for account determination. Worked with end users and explained them the overall business workflow for integration (MIGO, MIRO, LIV and MRBR).