- Over 10 years (3 full life cycle implementations) of experience in SAP R/3 (4.x, 4.7 E, ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0) FI/CO module.
- Sound working knowledge in all areas of Finance and Accounts and preparation of Management Reports in the I. Confidential . enabled enterprise business solutions.
- Functional, Configuration and implementation of the following SAP R/3 modules: New GL, FI - GL, FI-AP, FI-AR, FI-AA, CO-CCA, CO-IO, CO-PCA, CO-PC and COPA.
- Used various applications tools like Solution manager, CHARM, Mercury, Filezilla, Cherwell, SharePoint, Win-shuttle, Remedy, Caliber, EARS, DOGDSI, Source forge,HPQC, Artifacts, and others in-house supporting tools during various phase of project .
- Involved in all implementation phases that includes Vision and Planning, Design, Blue print, Build, Configuration, Data Migration, Unit testing, Integration testing, End User training, Cut-Over, Go-live and Post Go-live.
- Extensive experience with New G/ Confidential - Parallel Accounting, Document splitting, ledger configuration, Real time integration of controlling with FI, Parallel Currencies, periodic processing, and Segment Reporting.
- Experienced in configuring Document Splitting and Zero Balancing of Documents in New GL.
- Strong working knowledge on Sales & Distribution - Orders, Billing, Credit Management, Revenue Recognition (RR), Plants abroad, Rebate/Sales Deals Processing & Settlement.
- Experience in customization related to integration between FI/CO & Logistics Modules (SD, PP & MM).
- Exposure to Order to Cash (OTC) and Procurement to Pay process (PTP), Automatic Payment Program, Lockbox, Treasury Management, LSMW, EDI etc.
- Controlling experience includes Cost Center Accounting (CCA), Profit Center Accounting (PCA), Cost Element Accounting (CEL), Profitability Analysis (COPA), and Product Costing (PC).
- Worked on Use Taxes and 1099 Forms for Vendors. Good exposure in Solution Manager ticketing tools
- A results-driven expert who analyzes and implements SAP ERP solutions to ensure optimal integration and information access.
- Motivated achiever who guides organizations in applying technology to business settings, provides added value, and creates project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Strong working experience on Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms and Workflows (RICEFW).
- Excellent communication skills, leadership qualities, systematic approach and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Strong organizational and time management skills
- Account Groups, GL Master Records, Field Status Groups, Inter-company automatic account posting, Posting Keys, Automatic Account Determination, Number Ranges, Document Types, Tolerance Groups, Sample Accounts, Accruals & Deferrals, Sample &Recurring Documents, Parking Document, Holding Document.
- Parallel Accounting, Document splitting, Ledger configuration, Real time integration of controlling with FI, Parallel Currencies, Periodic Processing and Segment Reporting.
- Vendor Master Data, Vendor Account Group, Automatic Payment Program Configuration, House Bank, Check Lots, Reason Codes, Payment Terms, Payment Methods, Invoices, Credit Memos, Down Payments, Logistics Invoice Verification (LIV), GR/IR account maintenance.
- Customer Master Data, Customer Account Group, Credit managementTolerance groups, Open Item Clearing, A/R aging, Dunning Procedure, Terms of Payment, partial payments, Residual payments, Outgoing Invoices, Incoming Payments, Integration with SD.
- Lockbox (BAI, BAI2, EDI-IDOC), Manual Bank Statement and Electronic Bank Statement(BAI, MT940), External transaction codes, Posting Rules
- Chart of Depreciation, Defining Assets class, Account determination, Creation and Retirement of assets, In-house creation of Assets, Depreciation run, Intercompany transfers.
- Cost Center Accounting CO-CCA, Profitability analysis CO-PA, Internal Order Accounting CO-IOA, Profit center Accounting EC-PCA and Product costing
- Created dummy profit center, Creation of profit center and Doc No ranges of PCA, created operating concern and controlling version, Creation of Attributes and Data structures, Configuration of CO-PA costing bases and accounts bases analysis, Created CO-PA master data, PA settlement structures, CO-PA planning / profile / layout.
SAP Senior FICO Consultant, Mountainview, CA
- Involved in Implementation, Support and Enhancements.
- Configured Financial Global Settings such as company code, fiscal year variant, posting periods, document types, document number ranges, posting keys, field status variants, Tolerance group for employees, Tax on sales and purchases.
- In General Ledger involved in Defining and Configuring Chart of Accounts, Account Groups. Assigning Chart of Accounts to Company Codes. Configuring Functional Areas and Business Areas based on Organizational Structure. Defining Retained earning a/c, Defining Templates for Configuring Recurring Entries in GL Postings.
- Implemented New GL, Activated new Ledger, Performed document splitting, Parallel Accounting and periodic processing.
- Managed and worked with end users to explain the NEW GL Configuration, Inter Company, Migration to NEW GL, Concur Interfaces, FASB 52 (Foreign Currency Translation),Consolidation, GRR, IFRS, Lease accounting, Special ledger functionality and itemize differences between the old functionality and new functionality.
- Involved in O2C, P2P processes integrated with SD and MM.
- Configured Automatic Account Determination, Release Procedures, Pricing Conditions, Purchase Requisition, Info Records.
- Worked on Make to Order and Make to Stock scenarios.
- Customized settings for Customer and Vendor master records, Line item processing of documents, Credit Management and Closing Operations.
- Involved in Automatic Account Assignment for various AR & AP transactions like Bank charges, Overpayments, Underpayments, and Cash discount, Exchange Rate Difference.
- Configuration of Credit Card settlement process in the integration with SD module.
- Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA): Performed corrections by reposting line items, also checked the results of reposting for cost centers in the current periods through Actual/Plan/Variance reports, and by displaying actual line items for the cost centers in report rows for the cost elements.
- Run reports for Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA) for Actual/Plan/Variance costs which provided summarized view of costs, activities, and statistical key figures that were posted to cost centers, which allowed for a consolidated view of multiple cost centers.
- Product Costing (CO-PC): Configured material cost estimates with quantity structure, maintained settlement structures, activity types, price planning, and creation of material cost estimate, material price update, and calculation of actual costs on production orders, Integration with SOP.
- CO PA: Maintained Characteristics, Value fields and Operating Concern, Profitability segment characteristics, characteristic hierarchy, Assessment, PA transfer structure, Defined variables and forms for profitability reports. Worked on mapping of value fields, reconciliation, Profitability Analysis depending on various characteristics.
- Performed multiple units testing and integration testing and raise SAP bug fix issue via OSS message in Service Market place
- Creation of new workbench structure/Activities and Network under project.
- Creation of project profile structure, provided in template.
- Creation of project structure, settlement, and status management.
- Maintain Planning profile and Budget profile and multiple reporting.
SAP Senior FICO Consultant, Milpitas, CA
- Involved in Full Cycle implementation using ASAP Methodology: Project Preparation, Business Blueprint, Realization, Final Preparation, Go Live & Support.
- Wrote Blueprint Phase Documentation and completed configuration during Realization Phase.
- Configured the settings of Enterprise Structure. Defined Company Code, Business Areas, Functional Areas, Tax pricing procedure as per country, Plants for logistics, Sales Organization, Purchase organization, assignment of company code to company, assignment of plant, sales organization and purchase organization to company code.
- Involved in P2P Process like MTS, MTO, GPD, etc. with the integration of Taxing, SD, MM.
- Worked specially on Purchase Orders, Purchase Requisitions, Materia Master, Pricing Procedures, Scheduling Agreements.
- Configured and Involved in Automatic procedures for Payment program and Netting payment, MT940 configuration. DMEE configuration. ACH configuration. SEPA configuration.
- Implementation Payment Medium Format of Payment Medium workbench(PMW),Maintain payment medium formats, Maintain variants for payment medium formats, assignment payment medium format to payment method, Reserve identification for cross payment run Payment media, BCM-Basic setting for approval, Payment grouping, Payment status management, Settings for Bank statement monitor, Release Strategy- Mark rules for automatic payments, additional release steps, assign workflow to release procedure, Basic setting for approval.
- Configured accounting transactions for GL posting, AR/AP posting and Recurring entries.
- Created Financial Statement Version by defining Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Account.
- Developed new scenarios to handle Special Inbound Order and Order Change Processing, Invoice Posting, Goods Receipt Posting, Invoice Rejection Notification, Order Response Handling.
- Worked with the SD team in analyzing and implementing the sales process in the SAP system and configured taxes from SD pricing.
- Involved in the testing of different transactions in the Finance module in G/ Confidential posting, Payment processing, recurring entries, posting and deletion of Parked and Hold documents, Customer and Vendor transactions with MM and SD module.
- Involved in profit center overlapping issue in profit center hierarchy through standard program.
- Preparation of Functional Specifications for various reports developing by the technical team, Sales report, Purchase report, Mass FI posting and others.
- Actively involved in cleansing of different master data, removing of unwanted data from old legacy system and uploaded in existing SAP system using LSMW,BDC program.
- Assign country to calculation procedure TAXUSX; Activate the external tax calculation, the external system ID, RFC destination and tax interface version assignment. Connection testing.
- Exposure of tax data retrieval from external system- Jurisdiction code determination, tax calculation, Tax updates, Tax forced updates.
- Define number ranges for external tax documents and activation of external tax document
- Helped to SD person for defining the tax category by Departure country, configuring the SD vendor/customer master data.
- Helped to MM person to configuring the Material master- define and assigned Tax indicators for plant, Define and assigned tax indicators for account assignments.
- Knowledge of calculation of taxes/ discounts on Net amount from cash discount- based on co codes/ state Jurisdiction code.
SAP FICO Functional Consultant, Houston, TX
- Participated in TO-BE analysis and GAP Analysis. Revision of Business Process Procedure to in corporate Atos business process.
- Defined Cookbook for creation of new co code with all basic setup of FI, CO, HR, Security &Authorization, Logistic and PS module align with existing entity.
- Configured the settings of Enterprise Structure, Account Groups, Retained Earnings Accounts, Field Status Variant, Tolerance Groups, Multiple Currencies, and Posting Period Variant.
- Involved in setting up Validations and Substitutes for FI applications. Maintained multiple “z” table for multiple reporting.
- Participated in Nota Fiscal configuration of Brazil country and Indian CIN configuration.
- Multiple payment methods as per country requirement and electronic bank statement setup like creation of accounts symbols, assign account to account symbols, Creation of keys for posting rules, Define posting rules, creation of transaction type, Assign external transaction type to posting rules, assign bank accounts to transaction types. Define interpretation algorithm.
- Participated in defining of “Z” Automation program for creation of co code and basic setup.
- Participated in baseline Master data management setup for Customer, Vendor, GL account, cost elements, Cost center and Service line setup profit center wise.
- Participated in development of multiple interface program which transfer transactions data from Oracle/other application to SAP through appropriate validation process.
- Involving in complicated configuration task with team members and others integration development task with other module team members and urgent business decision
- Prepared Various Test Matrix for testing as per business process and enhanced “Z” report, interface and performance tuning.
- Actively involved in cleansing of different master data, removing of unwanted data from old legacy system and uploaded in existing SAP system using LSMW,BDC program.
- Testing of Inter/Intra company transactions for resource utilization and their billing.
SAP FICO Consultant, St Louis, MO
- Involved in end to end Business requirement gathering, Implementation and GO-LIVE phases.
- Extensively worked with the Business teams and Re-Designed some of the existing functionalities to meet Business needs.
- Worked on configuring the Chart of Accounts, Posting Period Variant, Fiscal Year Variant, Retained Year Variant, Retained Earnings Account, Tolerance Groups, Document Types and Financial Statement Versions.
- Configured Accounts Receivable(AR) and Sample Ledger Accounts. Defined tolerance groups for employees, customers and vendors and maintained initial settings and recurring entries.
- Had to Re-Design a couple of processes in AP to minimize the repetitive errors.
- Re-Designed a lot of Custom Reports in G/ Confidential, AP, AA and PS.
- Solved issues PM integration with PS, Assets and Controlling.
- Configured Vendor Account Groups, Master Data, House Banks, Optimized bank group for wire payments, check lots and void reason codes.
- Cleared inter-company Vendor/Customer open items.
- Worked on Automatic Payment Program for Outgoing Payments for new Company Codes in Accounts Payable.
- Worked closely with P2P and O2C team and involved in Direct and Indirect drop ship process, Intercompany stock transport orders, Sub Contracts, etc.
- Worked on Customer Master Data, Full, Partial, Residual Incoming Payments, Invoice Posting, maintained payment terms for customers, defined cash discount base for Outgoing Invoices and SD Billing Invoices.
- Configured Account Determination of Transactions like Retirements and Transfers, Capitalization of Assets via Internal Orders for Capital/Project Appropriation Requests in the Asset Accounting module.
- Worked exclusively on payment methods like ACH processing and check runs.
- Involved in Parallel Accounting by creating additional accounts in New General Ledger, One Joint Account Area for posting that are the same for both accounting principles and area with specific accounts for each accounting principle.
- Composed New General Ledger Accounting, including Segment Reporting, Parallel Accounting-Multiple ledgers, Document Splitting and Intercompany Foreign Currency Revaluation and Translation.
- Provided End User Training on processes and assistance in developing User Documents in G/ Confidential, AP, AR and AA.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases for G/ Confidential, AR, AP, performed user Acceptance Testing.
SAP Financial Analyst
- Adding new Account Groups, Accounts to meet Client’s Requirements.
- Provided functional and technical support of the FI/CO modules concentrating on General Ledger, Asset Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable.
- Extensively worked on Customer/Vendor Master Records, Client Specific Payment Terms, Payment Methods and Lockbox etc.
- Configured and defined Customer/Vendor Master Data, Created Customer/Vendor Account Groups , Customer/Vendor Invoices, Manual Incoming/Outgoing payments, Cash Discounts, Defined Payment Terms such as Partial and Residual Payments, Default Account Assignments .
- Design and Configuration of Automatic Payment Program for A/P, Check Management and Check Printing.
- Configured the settings for Incoming/Outgoing Payments including Automatic Payment Program.
- Configuration of relevant settings for House Banks Settings, GL and Sub-Ledger Master Data Settings, Setting up House Banks.
- Worked on Manual and Automatic Account Clearing and Payment Run in AP.
- Configured Bill of Exchange Payable and Withholding Tax at source for Vendors.
- Reviewed Business Requirements and analyzed Business Processes, mapping them to SAP Functionality.
- Worked with all Integration Aspects of FI with MM and SD module.
- Depreciation, Specify Number Assignment across Company Codes & Account Determination.
- Defined Depreciation Area posting to General Ledger, Assigned G/ Confidential Accounts.
- Defined Cost Element, Cost Center and Cost Center Hierarchy.
- Setup Internal Orders and Cost Collector Configuration.
- Customized Order Classification, Establishing a Sophisticated System of Order Settlements and Cost Center Assessment Cycles.
- Defined Distribution and Assessment Cycles for Departmental Allocations.
- Continued to Develop and Update Documentation after Go-Live.
- Involved in development of Test Scenarios/Test Cases and Resolved Issues at Unit Testing and System Integration Testing.