- Having over fourteen years of experience in the IT industry of which twelve years devoted directly to business intelligence encompassing a wide range of skill set, roles and industry verticals.
- Extensive experience in designing user interfaces for reports using Business Objects XI 4.0/4.1/4.2, Dashboards 4.0 (Xcelsius), AFO for Excel/OLAP, Design Studio 1.4/1.5, Interactive Analysis (Webi 4.2), IDT, BI Launch Pad, Infoview, Report Conversion Tool.
- Excellent experience in designing Business Objects universes, creating Business Objects Ad - hoc Reporting (Webi) by accessing data using Universes and BEx queries.
- Worked with the Supply Chain and other cross functional teams to capture BI requirements (reporting needs, data extraction, consolidation, validation, model development, etc.) across the organization. Efficiently and effectively provide BI solutions.
- Worked on multiple Implementations, Roll Outs and Production Support projects.
- Excellent knowledge on: HANA Optimized Info Cubes, HANA Optimized DSO's publishing HANA Model in SAP BW, Imported SAP Net Weaver BW Model to HANA.
- Consumed standard CDS views on Fiori app and generated OData services for Lumira to perform real-time analytics on live transactional data.
- Experience with administration of System Management Tools - CMC Central Management Console, Upgrade Management Tool.
- Experience in Building universes on top of HANA information models for Webi/Dashboard.
- Moved BI resources from one repository to another, managed dependencies of resources and rolled back promoted objects, in case of errors.
- Involved in Full life cycle (analysis, design, integrating BI to BO, design, development and deployment) of Business Objects reporting Applications.
- Provided support to Power Users on the Business Objects Suite of tools along with training to Business Analysts.
- Converted existing SAP Business Explorer (BEx) workbooks and migrated them as new AO workbooks and then saved to BIP platform.
- Activated and installed Business content data sources as needed for SAP FI and SD modules.
- Facilitated training on BI tools and user adoption of Webi, Dashboards, OLAP analysis.
- Leveraged BEx capabilities by Consumption of SAP S/4HANA Analytics Open CDS views in BW via ODP transient provider.
- Good Knowledge of DAX, Creating Calculated Columns, Measures and Calculated Tables.
- Experience in Configuring and Consuming SAP HANA models in BI clients such as Lumira, Webi, IDT, Analysis for Office Workbooks (AFO) and Design Studio.
- Launched demo system by deploying the latest SAP S/4HANA 1809 Fully Activated Appliance & Trial systems from the SAP Cloud Appliance Library (SAP CAL) in GCP.
BI Tools/Modules: Business Objects (BI 3.1 4.0/4.1/4.2 ),BI launch Pad, Web Intelligence, SAP BW 7.3/7.4, Desktop Intelligence, Crystal Reports 2011, IDT, Universe Designer, Xcelsius 2008, Qaaws, Live Office XI 4.2, CMC, Promotion Management (LCM), Broadcast Agent, Business Explorer (BEx), Power BI, Design Studio 1.4/15, Tableau 7.0/10.5, SSRS 2012, Lumira 1.2/2.0, Analysis for Office Excel 1.4/2.2
Database(s)/Tools: SQL Server 2008/2012/2016, SQL Plus, SSIS, Netezza, MS Access, ODBC, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, TOAD, Query Analyzer, WinSQL, SAP HANA 1.0(SP9), Eclipse Java EE IDE (Neon), BODS 4.2 SP3, BIDS 2008, AWS RedShift
Languages and Technologies: Visual Basic, PL/SQL, T-SQL, VB Script, Java Script, ASP.NET, XML, XSL, OData 4.0, SDI, HTML5, Web Services, CSS, CDS
Application Software: MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visual Studio, HP Quality Center (HPQC), SAP Fiori, SOLMAN, CTS+, ChaRM, Protagona/Producer, GitHub, IBM UNICA
Platforms: MS Windows 9x/NT/XP/Vista/7, Azure, GCP, Windows Server, MS DOS, S/4HANA, ECC 6.0
Confidential, Miami, FL
Sr. SAP BI Consultant (BOBJ/HANA/AWS)
- Updated existing IDT connections to point to AWS Redshift data warehouse using generic JDBC connection.
- Developed Webi reports using merging dimensions, local variables, ranking and multiple data providers, sections, breaks, drill down, hyperlinked reports, functions at the report level to satisfy the end user requirement.
- Designed Technical & Test case Documents for Universes and Reports. Interacted with functional team to ensure the accuracy and completeness of functional requirements.
- Updated existing universes by adding Tables and applying joins/cardinalities.
- Created custom production level Power BI and visualization that replicate in-production Tableau.
- Integrated business intelligence directly into the MS office environment with SAP Business Objects Live Office, refreshable information within PowerPoint presentations.
Environment: IDT, BOBJ 4.2, Webi 4.2, Live Office XI 4.2, Power BI, Tableau 10.5, AWS RedShift, SAP HANA 1.0(SP12)
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Sr. Consultant - SAP BI Analytics
- Created Universes with BW objects exposed as HANA views and developed Webi reports using IDT Universes.
- Built Query Views (SD, FI) on the Virtual Data Model Delivered by HANA Live.
- Used Sap HANA SDI tool to produce report from external data and to migrate external data to sap HANA database environment.
- Developed data visualization scenarios using SAP Lumira and OData integration to HANA views for sourcing data. Implemented of stored procedures to retrieve data from HANA schema. Provided post-implementation, enhancement and maintenance support to client.
- Worked on ABAP CDS View, HANA View and HANA Table Function/Store Procedure modeling exposed to external front end tools for reporting like SAP Analysis for Office.
- Implemented SAP BW on HANA specific modelling for standard and self-service reporting. Used modeling prospective to check validate and test models.
- Migrated existing Canned Webi reports from 4.1 SP7 to 4.2 SP3, which includes post migration validation. Loaded data from SAP ECC Extractors to SAP HANA (ODP).
- Tested & transported data models, reports, queries and dashboards from development to testing and testing to production.
- Worked on new version SAP Business Objects 4.2 to migrate the existing WEBI reports to use direct connection to SAP HANA information Views.
Environment: SAP Business Objects 4.1/4.2, CMC, IDT, Webi 4.1/4.2, Analysis for Office Excel, OData 4.0, GitHub, Lumira 1.3, SAP BW 7.4, ECC, Data Services 4.2 SP3, SAP HANA 1.0(SP9), CDS
Confidential, Lansing, MI
Principal Consultant (SAP BI/BOBJ/BW)
- Worked with SAP BW Data sources (Info cubes & Custom BEx Queries) to create Universes and Webi-reports. Created Webi reports on SAP BW / BEx and Universe as data source.
- Worked with FI, SCM data sources for extraction and loading to support client consolidation Financial report (Assets, Liability & income Statement) and SCM/Logistics dashboard KPIs (Inventory turnover, Delivery/Shipment Times, On-time delivery etc.).
- Designed, developed and managed Process Chains (RSPC) and Reports built in BW.
- Generated BEx Reports using calculated, restricted key figures, formulas, conditions and filters.
- Analyzed the reporting requirements with the business users/architects and come up with the technical specifications for universe and BO reports.
- Developed Webi reports using the BICS connections and BW BEx Query as data source.
- Trained Power users and Business users on building their skills to assist in the development and testing of new reports.
- Monitored and resolved helpdesk tickets. Provided Production Support activities such as data load monitoring, enhancements, report access and change requests.
- Implemented Translation into Spanish of universe and reports in enterprise environment by using Translation management tool and report function.
- Enabling ad-hoc/self-service BI solutions through various BO solutions such as Analysis for Excel (AFO), Lumira and Design Studio data discovery templates.
- Used various techniques like Master-Detail, Sectioning, Filters, Alerter, Ranking, Cross Tabs, Graphs, Variables, User defined objects, Drill mode, Prompts and Conditions.
- Created OLAP Universes on SAP data Info Cubes using Universe Designer and IDT
- Developed proof of concept in Lumira development & deployment, and ad-hoc reporting.
Environment: SAP Business Objects 4.0/4.1, CMC, SAP HANA 1.0(SP9), IDT, BEx Analyzer, Live Office, Webi 4.1, dashboard designer, ECC, Analysis for Office Excel (AFO), BW 7.4, ChaRM, Design Studio 1.4/5
Confidential, St. Paul, MN
Engineer III (BI/BOBJ/BW)
- Supported and performed system upgrade activities related to the BW/BOBJ platforms.
- Designed and Developed universes using SAP BEx Queries and relational sources.
- Created Transformations and DTPs to load and update data into Data Targets to achieve required results.
- Created, enhanced, and tested universes and reports in coordination with DBA and architects.
- Performed scheduling and monitoring of data activities, including creation/enhancement of process chains.
- Designed and Documented Universe and Report Requirements Definition templates.
- Created Webi reports with multiple queries, using functions, merging dimensions at report level, drill and filters. Supported variety of incidents and work orders.
- Reduced the dashboard loading time by scheduling the backed source Webi reports for the live office and changing the live office refresh option to pick from the latest instance.
- Used Query builder to query Repository and to recognize number of groups, users, active users, frequent users. Enable auditing features on each of the business objects servers in production to analyze or track the usage of reports and other actions.
- Automated document Scheduling, Publishing and Distribution for Webi and Info View.
- Created and implemented Tableau dashboard prototypes to users using Tableau Desktop.
Environment: SAP BO XI 3.0/3.1, Webi, Tableau 7.0, CMC, ECC, BEx Analyzer, BW 7.3, Netezza
Confidential, St. Paul, MN
Sr. BI Developer
- Upgraded existing complex DTS packages to corresponding SSIS by using integration services Control Flow and Data Flow Transformation tasks.
- Used reporting services (SSRS) and stored procedures to implement enterprise-reporting solutions, these reports were distributed in the Report Catalog through the Report Manager and a custom application.
- Upgraded existing DTS packages and worked on enhancing several transformations in Data Flow including Derived-Column, Script, Lookup, Data Conversion and Conditional Split.
- Created Drillable reports through hierarchies and by report link through hyperlinks.
Environment: Visual Studio 2008, SSRS, SSIS, SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL, Team Foundation Server, Crystal Reports 2008, BIDS 2008, Oracle 11g.
Confidential, Oklahoma City, OK
Business Objects Consultant
- Worked extensively with the major functionality of BO like Breaks, sections, Sorts, List of values (LOV), Calculations and Ranking.
- Created WebI Reports using Drill functionality creating custom hierarchies and defining scope of analysis.
- Enforced use of Business Objects standards, guidelines and best practices for use of Business Objects and related data warehouse and reporting solution platforms.
- Modified report content, distributed reports in multiple formats such as Excel & PDF and monitored the reports daily in Business Objects environment.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i R2, Toad for Oracle, Xcelsius 4.5 work group, QaaWS, SAP Business Objects XI 3.0, Webi, Infoview, Universe Designer, Crystal Reports 2008
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Application Analyst - SAP BI/BOBJ
- Scheduled canned reports through Broadcast Agent Publisher for distribution and printing.
- Extensively used calculations, variables, filters, conditions, breaks, sorting, drill down, slice and dice, master/detail, cross tab, charts and alerts for creating Business Objects reports.
- Executed email campaigns from development of email content, creating email lists, testing and sending emails, to reporting and optimization of email campaign results.
- Designed and created end-to-end campaigns in marketing automation tool.
- Data mined databases for segmented campaigns. Built customer segments, designed campaigns, worked on the contact database.
- Developed a custom application deployment package capable of deploying SharePoint Portal customizations in a number of environments, this deployment package is capable of deploying portal customizations (Xcelsius dashboards, templates, Gauges & Charts).
Environment: SQL Server 2005, Xcelsius 4.5, Crystal Reports XI REL2, Business Objects XI R2, DeskI/Webi, DTS, Infoview, Araxis Merge 6.5, Nant, SQL Plus, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i