Innovative thinker and results - oriented information management professional with experience in providing business analysis and project coordination for Fortune 500 companies. Broad based business acumen gained from diverse functional background that entails working closely with clients throughout the complete systems development life cycle of a project, and agile methodology needed for analyzing and developing requirements. Ensuring clients are provided with solutions that support their operational goals - IT operations, finance/accounting, sales/marketing, customer service, and product development. Extensive experience in data mining, data management, data analysis, reporting, delivering user training, developing/designing comprehensive UI wireframes/templates, data integration technical requirements and regression testing, creation of user test strategies and plans. Listens extremely well to uncover requirements that will help define and translate complex and abstract business rules into sound and easily understood user stories for both users and developers. Produce project deliverables such as the project charter, RACI, project plan, and lessons learned for retrospective meetings.
Functional Experience: Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, Requirements Gathering, Systems Integration, Source to Target Mapping, Process Improvement, Data Warehousing, End-User Training, User Acceptance Testing, Training Materials Development, Project Management, Vendor Management, Data Reconciliation, Data Modeling, Budgeting/Forecasting, Trend Analysis, Variance Analysis, Accounts Reconciliation, Cash Management
Systems Experience: SAP, SAP BEX & AO, Cognos Reporting, Hyperion, SharePoint, MS Suite, Adaptive Planning, Business Objects, Great Plains, Netezza, Teradata, SQL Server. MySQL, Oracle EBS, DB2, ALM, ServiceNow, Kronos, Workday, Coupa, Atlassian tools: Jira, Confluence, Trello and Jira S.D.
SAP Business Analyst BI
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and execution of test artifacts - SIT and UAT.
- Capture, analyze and report test results to project team and executives.
- Possess strong foundational understanding of testing principles, processes and methods as defined in the methodology framework. Hands on experience on HP QC/ALM
Business Systems Analyst - Integrations
- Analyzed business requirements to assist with Workday integration mapping and solutioning across various system integrations
- Created and reviewed detailed system interface specifications, field mapping, and system process designs
- Evaluated, and documented the technical requirements: decomposed existing SQL SSIS integration jobs and stored procedures.
- Analyzed, documented current requirements and workflows to provide suggested improvements and/or identify gaps.
- Created a system topology with detailed data mappings to provide insight into existing data integrations, architecture, and identified risks, as needed.
- Collaborated with business users to gain alignment on what was needed to ensure the product items were backlogged and the business requirements were captured in the user stories.
- Participated in sprint planning, daily scrums, testing, retrospectives and sprint reviews.
- Facilitated the development of Acceptance Criteria for user stories.
- Proficiency with web service technologies: REST, JSON, SOAP, HTTP, SSL, PGP, SAML, etc
Business Systems Analyst
- Represented, negotiated, and served as liaison in cross-functional initiatives to drive efficiency enhancement ideas in policy, process, and SSL package improvements driven to enhance customer experience, which translated in cost reduction.
- Translated analysis results or deep dive into executive level deliverables and presentations.
- Collaborated with members of the Store Operations team to develop landing pages, email templates, and sign up experiences to improve the user experience.
- Created data visualizations that turned complicated SQL SSIS integration jobs and stored procedures into a digestible documentation for, both, client base and developers.
- Defined, analyzed, designed and delivered new or improved solutions on existing stored procs and SSIS code.
- Identified and documented in business appropriate format(s), for the following types of requirements: Functional, Interface, Technical and Non-Functional, from as-is to a suggested future state.
- Contributed to the development of project timeline, work breakdown structure, risk plan and other project deliverables as required.
- Created and executed test plans, test scripts, and test cases, as well as assisted in isolating problems during and after software releases/updates.
- Created requirements traceability matrix and ensured that documented requirements were viable for testing.
- Created use cases and user stories s, when appropriate, or alternative means of documenting requirements per the client’s request.
- Identified potential business process improvement opportunities and engaged appropriate resources to proof and discussion viable solutions.
- Troubleshoot issues and participated in on-call support, ensuring stability and performance of the production environments.
- Identified root cause, provided the team with process gaps, suggested interface automation or code updates to prevent issue recurrence; assisted in driving automation and software-defined approaches to reliability and availability through change management.
Senior Business Analyst
- Managed and supported cross-functional groups through the entire project cycles, from discovery to delivery.
- Coordinated communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts project scope, budget, risk, and resources, including but not limited to groups such as Procurement, Legal, and HR.
- Produced project deliverables such as the project charter, RACI, project plans.
- Coordinated and obtained required approvals to move the project through all phases from inception to closure and ensure proper completion.
- Served as the primary liaison between the client and technical teams to ensure successful, on-time project delivery using the appropriate methodology experience that includes a hybrid of both Agile and Waterfall.
- Translated user flows into UI mock-ups/wireframes and lead design discussions for identification of development options.
- Responsible for defining, analyzing, designing and delivering new or improved solutions for business processes within the Television Distribution business for the CBS Global Distribution group.
- Supported a Corporate sponsored business transformation initiative to replace a highly manual excel driven budgeting process with a SAS solution, Adaptive Planning. Responsible for identifying, soliciting and documenting key business processes and functional requirements from stakeholders.
- Evaluated information gathered from multiple sources, reconciled data conflicts, and decomposed high-level information into clear requirements. Delivered structured functional requirements documentation. Defined project scope, priority, and developed a high-level MS project plan.
- Assisted the PM in supporting with day-to-day SharePoint administration tasks including, but not limited to site creations, list and document library Creation management.
- Managed and groomed the product backlog daily and updated the changes or reprioritizations for the team to easily see what was queued for development or ready for testing in the sprint. Arranged user demos after each sprint development.
Senior Business Analyst
- Led four migration and conversion projects at TFS, replaced manual and offline line data sourcing efforts by streamlining sources into BI EDW for complete reporting. Facilitated discussions between stakeholders and budget sponsors where data conflicts, business, and workflow changes would be impacted. Presented visual diagrams of the future state processes and workflows and decomposed the impact into business language for the stakeholders. Leveraged the use of cross-functional relationships to meet project objectives, as required.
- Delivered improved ability to render ad-hoc financial, sales/ marketing, and customer care analytics with greater efficiency and data accuracy.
- Managed two rapid delivery business implementation projects that included multiple applications, system upgrades, and BI enhancements to reporting tables. Collaborated with project stakeholders in the risk identification/assessment, analysis process, and mitigation activities.
- Responsible for identifying, soliciting and documenting key business processes and functional requirements from stakeholders. Provided effective solutions for problems and the negotiation of issues between departments. Conducted gap analysis between delivered functionality, client requirements and solution recommendations.
- Supported the Business Intelligence team by developing and delivering comprehensive data integration and user test plans, implementation release readiness documentation, user training, and user instructional manuals for BI solution. Contributed to process change management by suggesting improvements to existing functional and technical documentation, which become integrated into BI Governance.
Senior Business Analyst
- Engaged in System Enhancement (SE) work, Project’s, and financial close support to Warner Bros’ Domestic and International territories on a daily, monthly, quarterly and year-end basis - for all reporting modules (FI, CO, ECC, AA, PS, MM, SD and SCM).
- Developed test scenarios, test scripts and test data to support unit and system integration testing. Communicated and interacted with the development team during different stages of the projects
- Provided production support for Warner Bros Domestic and International territories on a monthly, quarterly and year-end basis for the following BI/BW reporting areas: Consolidated financial statements, CO-CCA, CO-PA, PS, Fixed Assets, AP, AR, Procurement, direct and indirect Cash Flow, and By-Title. Ability to reconcile data issues or discrepancies back to R/3 transactional tables for: AA, FI-GL, FI-LC, FI-AP, FI-AR, FI-BL, FI-CA, EC, CO-PA, CO-OM, HR-PY, HR-PT, PS, MM, SD and SCM.
- Audited and monitored a $.5M MIS project budget, ensuring expenditures and costs associated with labor were aligned in accordance with the department’s financial restrictions. Tracked financial commitments/budgeting and performance expectations against the project objectives and performance goals on a weekly basis.