SAP HANA/BW/BI Certified Lead Consultant.
- 16 years of total IT experience
- 12 years on SAP BW/BW on HANA including Native HANA Implementations
- 4 years on SAP BOBJ tools (Webi, Analysis for office, Lumira)
- 4 years on Mainframe (Cobol, JCL, DB2) systems
- 6 Full BI Life - Cycle Implementations
- Solution architect and onsite coordinator
- Onsite team lead managing client contractors and client BI full-time employees
- Senior Developer on Native Hana based modeling and reporting (clients: Confidential )
- Technical developer (clients: VSP, Bridgestone tires, Thermo fisher scientific, 3M)
- SAP Native HANA model development
- SAP HANA PAL libraries
- SAP SLT
- SAP BW 7.4 on HANA
- SAP BW4HANA Development
- NLS - Near line storage (BW Data archiving)
- BWA (Business Warehouse Accelerator)
- BODS - Business objects data services
- BW Security.
- Webi Reports Development
- Analysis for office (AFO)
- Lumira report Development
- HPQC, Service now, Revtrack, SolMan
- IS-U, SD, PO, IM, FI, EHSM, CS, PM, PS, HCM, CRB, EAM, FICO, FICA, RO
Confidential, Honolulu, HI
SAP BI Solution Architect
Environment: BW 7.4, BODS, SCM (PO, IM), PM, PS, HCM (Time & Payroll)
- This is a new SAP BW end to end Implementation
- Responsible for SCM (PO, IM), PM, PS, HCM (Time and Payroll), UIP (Budgets, Forecast) reports
- Requirements gathering and Drafting the functional specification with the help of Business and Functional teams
- Converted functional specification to technical specification.
- Design the models for each process area and overall design of the BI project
- Coordinated on development of the models with offshore
- Handling the development at onsite on complex objects.
- Using the BODS to extract/load Budget, Forecast data for Multiple scenarios from UIP into BW.
- Created models to Join UIP (Budgets, Forecast) data with Project systems data to report variances at project/WBS level.
- Coordinated with Offshore on Webi development.
- Designed the BW security models on Org unit for HCM reports, Cost center for FI reports.
- Involved in setting up SIT2, SIT3 systems for SIT testing
- Taken care of transports to move the development objects to QA system
- Coordinated with offshore on setup the Process chain by following the LSA ++ architecture.
- Helped the Confidential business to continue SIT testing by providing the training on Webi tools and fixing the defects identified in SIT cycle
- Handled BW/BI cutover activities for migrating the development objects to production
- Using the HPQC for SIT defect tracking as part of post-production hyper care support
- Using the Revtrack and Solution manager for production migration approvals and documentation.
Confidential, Allen, TX
SAP BI/HANA Solution Architect
- Utilized the existing SAP standard extractors and DSO from acquisition layer and bought the missing data to acquisition layer DSO.
- In HANA studio, used the acquisition layer DSO as tables/analytical views for building calculation view to satisfy the report requirement. All the calculation views created as graphical method and avoided scripted calculation view wherever possible for a performance reasons.
- Established connection from HANA Studio to BOBJ for AFO development.
- Developed AFO report based on calculation views.
- Designed overall solution based on BW on HANA and HANA studio models
- Carried out performance tuning on calculation views.
- Coordinated UAT session with Business to get approvals on the reports
- Completed cutover activities for BW objects, HANA views, AFO reports
- Completed setting up process chains
- Provided Post production support
- Provided KT to Confidential IT and AMS team
Solution architect/ Lead
- SAP IM, RO and RMA Implementation Track Lead for LEAP project.
- Gathered requirement for IM, RO and RMA reports and converted them into technical documents
- Activated standard extractors in ECC, CRM and Created Custom data extractor in ECC for IM and in CRM for RO and RMA based on the user requirement.
- Enhanced the existing data source functional module by using ABAP to bring more fields into BW.
- Designed the BW models in IM, RO and RMA, created LSA++ architecture to support BW 7.4 on HANA system.
- Created composite provider to utilize HANA features by joining DSO’s with left outer join, right outer join, inner join concepts.
- Created HANA Optimized DSO and HANA optimized cube
- In IM developed the custom cube similar like 0IC C03 by splitting material documents into serial number, by using non-cumulative key figures and created time dependent master data to capture daily price changes at material, plant and valuation type to provide inventory value financial reports at any given date range, refer my white paper for detail about the solution.
- Created Start routine, end routine using ABAP in the transformation to apply the complicated split logic and handling the receive, shipments, adjustment in, adjustment out, Scrap buckets.
- Developed super Bex queries to provide end-user/super user community to develop their own webi reports, which includes calculated key figures, restricted key figures, Custom exit variables, exception aggregations, formula variables, key date and constant selection.
- Developed Webi reports by merging Bex queries and applying concepts like context, prompts, filters, variables, calculations based on the existing columns
- Scheduled the Webi reports and distributed the output of the report in Excel to the user community where the volume of the report is huge.
- Created the Tableau dashboards based on scheduled Webi report output and used the output excel as feed to Tableau to develop the dashboards for example OTD dashboard which has been more useful to Juniper management to track the delivery of the service serial numbers on time or not.
- Coordinated with Juniper IT team on creating/modifying the global process chains to in corporate the LEAP objects.
- Coordinated with business on each test cycle including production code merge
- Completed cutover activities to migrate developed objects to production and provided hyper care support.
- Transitioned the latest changes to production support group as part of knowledge transfer
- Provided weekly status reports to management on post go live support.
- Monitored the system performance and taking care of corrective actions in test cycles
- As part of post go live support, took care of the enhancement and production fix
- Received couple of appreciations from Business on matching the critical IM reports with inventory GL which supports Juniper financial audits.
SAP BI Lead
- Leading 8 Onsite resource team ( Confidential full time employee and contractors)
- Requirement gathering on change requests by conducting meeting with Business and convert them into technical documents
- Designed the model for CRB-BILL, CRB-CS, EAM, FICA, PS areas
- After approval from Business, allocated the work to team, help them in understanding the requirements
- Helped team on development questions and handled the development of complex reports by creating info object, DSO, Cube, Multi provide, Info sets, Open hub, APD, Bex.
- Created Transformation, start routine, end routine, field level routine, routines at Info package by using ABAP.
- Enhanced the existing data source function module by using ABAP and created new custom data source using Views/Badi.
- In Confidential, the 3rd party vendors need the data in flat files, so created Open hub destination, with the help of BODS and transmitted the files to the requested drives on daily basis.
- Created the APD to merge couple of Bex and post the data into write optimized DSO for snapshot reports.
- Created complex Bex queries to satisfy the reporting requirement for ex CEMI (Customer experiencing multiple interruptions) reports.
- Handled the development of Webi reports, OLAP analysis reports and trained the end users to have them hands on navigation and self-development of the reports.
- Participated the NLS (Near line storage) design meetings to identify the cubes, DSO which needs to be archived.
- Created DAP and scheduled them through process chain to take the archive into Sybase on daily basis.
- Worked on BWA to build index on a critical cube like sales stats to improve the performance on business-critical reports.
- Reviewed the completed development work delivered by team before deploying the changes to production as a production gate keeper.
- Coordinated with the team on monthly release cutover activities
- Conducted weekly solution review meeting with team to review the design and impacts
- Provided team weekly status reports to management
- Provided monthly resource time effort and future work time effort to management.
- Monitored the system performance and took care of corrective actions
- Participated in the development work of the complex projects like sales stat split, Riders, Rate case projects.