- 5 years of SAP FI/CO Experience with extensive working knowledge in various industries such as Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, and Telecommunication.
- 2 Full Life Cycle SAP FI/CO implementation experience with strong experience and working knowledge in ECC 5.0 and 6.0
- Proficient in Implementation, Design and Configuration of major functionalities in FI - General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets and Bank Accounting
- Implemented New GL features such as Leading and Non-Leading ledgers, Automatic Document splitting and Segmental Reporting. Controlling expertise includes Cost Element Accounting (CO-CEL), Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA), Internal Orders (IO)
- Thorough understanding of the Lockbox process (in both BAI and EDI formats) and experienced in EDI bank statements. Experience in defining functional requirements, process improvement, configuration, testing, production support, upgrades and enhancements.
- Extensive knowledge on integration points with SD and MM Modules.
- Thorough understanding of the relationship between various SAP modules (FI/CO, SD, MM) and of overall business processes such as order-to-cash, purchase-to-pay and Make to Order.
- Prepared Business Process Procedures (BPP) using RWD tools Info pack and U-Perform, Created User Manuals and trained End users, super users and BPOs on execution of various business processes in FI-CO.
- Expert in all phases of the SAP R/3 Implementation life cycle including Analysis, Design, Configuration, Unit testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing, Data Migration and Production Support.
- Sound functional background with excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Strong Problem Solving and analytical skills and abilities to make Balanced and Independent decisions.
ERP Packages: SAP R/3 FI, CO - 5.0 and ECC EHP 7
Programming Languages: Familiar with C, C++,Java
Databases: Oracle 7 / 8 / 8i / 9
Operating Systems: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT & XP, UNIX, Red Hat, Linux and Solaris 6.0
SAP FI/CO Functional Consultant (Support)
- Part of the SAP global implementation team
- Carried out configuration in FI for EU country codes and implemented ASIA PAC
- Involved in the basic implementation and development of Blue Prints for the entire project lifecycle related to FI module
- Analyzed the existing legacy system; gathered functional requirements through user meetings, gap analysis, and participation in process improvement teams.
- Defined and configured Chart of accounts, Company code Global Parameters such as Fiscal year Variants, Posting Period Variants, Account Groups, Vendor Master Data, Field Status Groups, and Tolerance Groups.
- Configured Electronic Bank Statement(EBS) that requires creation of house banks and G/L accounts in different currencies for each bank account, Account keys, Posting rules, Mapping of External BAI codes to posting rules etc.
- Configured and tested Automatic Payment Program for vendor payments. This included creation of IDOCS for both ACH and Wire transfer payments, testing with B2B for EDI file creation, receiving acknowledgement status updates in SAP, and receiving Electronic Bank statement in Treasury in BAI2 format
- Designed custom solution for bank payment file with automatic reversal transaction(FHC8, FB08) for rejected items
- Configured for vendors subject to withholding tax, interest calculations on open item balance, interest on arrears.
- Configured dunning program, defined various dunning levels, dunning areas and wrote functional specifications for Dunning, Check Printing, Customer Statements, performed unit testing of various development objects.
Confidential - STAMFORD, CT
SAP FI/CO Functional Consultant
- Interacted with Business Analysts, Business Process Owners and End Users for requirements gathering and analysis.
- Performed configuration of FI enterprise structure that included creating few company codes.
- Defined and finalized various GL accounts in Chart of Accounts.
- Defined the fiscal year variant, employee tolerance limits, posting keys, document number ranges and document types, involved in the integration meetings and participated in Automatic Account Determination in FI with SD and MM modules,
- Worked on configuration of A/P and A/R module: credit management, Tolerance groups, Open item clearing, account group creation, terms of payment, Automatic Payment Program, open item clearing, and reason codes for over and under payments.
- Defined risk categories for customers and configured Credit Management.
- Configured Payment Methods, Payments Terms, House Banks, Clearing Accounts for AP, Dunning process, Interest calculation, Customer and vendor discounts, Customer and vendor tolerances, under and over payments, Customer down payments etc.
- Clearing of Inter-Company Vendor/Customer open items, Manually Incoming Payments, Running/Editing Dunning proposals,
- Create functional specifications for Interfaces, reports, forms and enhancements.
- Setup of Cost Center hierarchies, defined activity types, activity planning, assisted with Cost center master data setup, Planning and set up of Cost allocations cycles in Cost Center Accounting.
- Configured One-time Vendors/Customers with Separate Screen Layouts.
- Customized Lockbox, Payment Requests and Interest Calculation on Account Balances and Line Items.
- Customer credit control areas and pre-defined credit limits for customers, maintained Risk categories and credit monitoring groups, discount overviews.
Senior SAP FI/CO Functional Consultant
- Defined and Customized Document Types for A/R and A/P, Customized Field Status Groups, Defined Account Groups and Screen Layouts, Terms of Payment, Defined accounts for Automatic postings, defined Dunning Procedures with three Level Dunning Notices, Customized Methods of Payment and Automatic Payment Procedure for Incoming and Outgoing Payments.
- Defined Tax Procedures, Condition Types, Jurisdictions, Tax Codes, and Maintaining Tax Rates.
- Defined House Banks, Configured Lockbox program, configured Electronic Bank Statement.
- Configured Integration aspects of SD and MM with FI/CO.
- Designed ABAP Queries for reporting Purpose.
- Wrote Functional Specs, worked on Enhancements for Lockbox and Electronic Bank Statement.
- Configured the House Banks, G/L Accounts for Bank Accounts and Bank Account Reconciliation Program, Integration of MM and SD with FI Account Assignment.
- Designed and Created Cost Center Hierarchy. Created Cost Centers, Designed and Created Assessment Cycles to Allocate Overhead Costs.
- Involved in Supporting FI/CO Reconciliation during Month-end, Quarter-end and Year-end close.
- Configured standard hierarchy (Profit Center Accounting), statistical key figures, assign revenue elements to profit centers, planning profile and layouts.
- Created operating concern (CO-PA), characteristics, value fields, attributes. Maintained the derivative structures and rule and assigned values to value fields. Configured costing based profitability analysis.
- Maintained planning version, planner profiles and planning layouts for planning in controlling.
- Modified the operating concern to accommodate client requirements with new characteristics and value fields, defined derivation structures and rules for customer characteristics. Assignment of value fields to condition types in SD.
- Developed test scenarios/ test cases and resolved issues in Unit Testing, Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
Confidential, Hunt Valley, MD
SAP FI/CO Functional Consultant
Environment: SAP R/3 4.6c to Ecc 5.0
- Conducted meetings with Users to gather requirements and to understand the Workflow of the As-Is System
- Worked through complex SAP process problems, documented the Business Process as Configured in SAP & Ensured proper Integration with other Modules
- Interacted with Client to Update and Group Customer and Vendor Master Data to define Credit Control Areas and Dunning Areas
- Created fiscal year variants and assigned fiscal year variants to various company codes. Defined posting period variants, field status, number ranges and screen layout rules.
- Configured Customer and Vendor Account Groups and created respective master Data.
- Identified one-time vendors and customers and defined a separate screen layout for them.
- Configured and customized Accounts receivable (AR), and Accounts payable (AP) modules including Terms of payment, Dunning, Interest calculations, country specific and company code specific payment methods, grouping payments as per due day.
- Maintained house banks, bank GL structure with various bank clearing accounts, check lots for the bank accounts and reason codes for voided checks
- Copied Reference Chart of Depreciation, Assigned Chart of Depreciation, Specify Number Assignment across Company Codes & Account Determination.
- In Cost Center Accounting, created cost centers, activity types, statistical key figures, Cost Center Standard Hierarchy, cost center categories, document numbers, maintained default account assignments and automatic account assignments, validations and substitutions, distribution and assessment.
- In Profit Center Accounting, configured Profit center structure, Standard Hierarchy, Configured Profit center Master Data, assigned different Controlling Objects to Profit Center Accounting.
- Documentation of end user training procedures and preparation of training manuals, post-implementation review and functional troubleshooting.
Confidential, Battle Creek, MI
SAP FI/CO Functional Consultant
- Configured and Customized FICO modules including GL, AR, AP, AA, CEA, and CCA.
- Worked extensively on General Ledger, Vendor/Customer Master Records, Client Specific Payment Terms, Lockbox, Dunning and Payment Methods.
- Defined the Chart of Accounts and Customized to the Client requirements.
- Customized the Account Groups, Field Status Groups, Posting Keys, Document Types, Posting Periods and Creation of G/L Account Master Records.
- Defined G/L accounts for Materials Management and Set up the Integration between FI and MM through Automatic Account Assignment.
- Configured and Tested the Lock Box program for Accounts Receivables payments in BAI2 Format.
- Worked on configuration of House Banks, Bank Accounts, GL structure, Posting Rules for Automatic Assignment
- Defined Tolerance Groups, Tolerances for Employees, Customers and Vendors and Maintained Initial settings for Recurring Entries.
- Defined Customer/Vendor Account Groups and Created Customer/Vendor Master Data.
- Performed configuration of Automatic Payment Program for Outgoing Payments for Company Codes in Accounts Payable. Payment Program Configuration: Company Code Data, Paying Company Code, Country Payment Methods, Creating proposal for Check Printing, Wire Transfer settings, ACH payments etc.
- Worked extensively on Configuring and Customizing the Credit Management.