Accomplished, goal - oriented professional with a comprehensive human resources (HR) analyst background. Demonstrated leadership abilities in directing HR operations and overseeing HR programs. Substantial experience in HR Information System (HRIS) administration. Experience in public and private sector and a multi-union environment. Experience in public and private sector and a multi-union environment. Excellent communication skills, with expertise in recruiting, training, and evaluating personnel; promptly resolving conflicts; and collaborating with senior leadership on key initiatives.
- HRIS Systems Administration
- HR Policies and Processes
- HR On Boarding / Exit Process
- System Quality Assurance
- HRIS Staff Development
- Conflict Resolution
- System Troubleshooting
- Compensation & Benefits
- Leave of Absence Program
- SAP & PeopleSoft (HRIS systems)
- Taleo (Applicant tracking Systems)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Oracle-based calendar program
Confidential, Oakland, California
Human Resources Personnel Analyst
- Responsible for the development and delivery of Human Resources services, processes and projects, promoted to train and direct the activities of HRIS temporary staff, as well as continuous training of permanent HRIS staff, administer and maintain HR programs, and manage data to perform analytical tasks involving specific HR areas including: Staffing and Compensation, Benefits (i.e., CalPERS Retirement program), Leave Management, Payroll, Labor Relations, and Human Resources Information Systems. Serve as an internal consultant and liaison to Supervisors, Managers, and Employees to provide guidance on processes and procedures to resolve HR related issues.
- Maintain employment related records in Oracle PeopleSoft HCM such as: Organization Information, job information, and employee demographic details that provide for timely and accurate benefits and compensation, performance management, reporting. Efficiently and effectively oversee the day to day operations of the HRIS unit for 3,800 employees by processing data such as new hires, transfers, promotions, retirements, terminations, disability and return to work.
- Serve as liaison with other departments, outside agencies, and service providers.
- Provide timely and accurate data reports to customers and other department personnel by extracting data from appropriate databases and manipulate data into appropriate format using word processing/spreadsheet application.
- Serves as point of contact for monitoring and performing corrections to the department’s computer system; inputs and revises data; maintains databases and tables; identifies and develops queries; runs reports and queries as requested; troubleshoots problems with the system; provides ongoing training and support to users.
- Adding employees and temporary workers to the system.
- Manage data quality in the system by identifying data errors, correcting and maintaining.
- Create and manage jobs and positions.
- Maintain and update specifications and job descriptions. Assist in job audits and analyses of positions
- Audit pay rate tables; propose changes and /or updates
- Serve as security administrator.
- Define and document requirements for the system’s Employee Connect and related functions to meet business needs, then partner with IT to configure and test functions such as: data imports and mass imports, user accounts, groups/roles, workflows, department/division, pay components, data integrity, data conversions.
- Define and document requirements for the system’s Performance Management function to meet business needs, then partner with IT to configure and test functions such as: enabling/disabling performance evaluation forms, managing changes to forms, workflows, work with compensation to extract employee’s information and ratings needed for annual compensation administration.
- Serve as primary HR contact between system users and other internal systems.
- Work with IT to maintain, update, add integrations and trouble shoot system issues.
- Participate in the management and prioritization of user requests
- Participate in upcoming phases and related projects to define, enable, test, and go live with new PeopleSoft HCM capabilities.
Leave Management Team - Leave Specialist
- Managed leave management system for 25,000 employees.
- Provided guidance in interpreting leave policies, federal and state leave laws for employees, managers and HR Consultants.
- Provided instruction to employees, department managers and HR Consultants on appropriate procedure for leaves.
- Served as the primary contact for phone, e-mails, and mail communications with employees, management and human resources staff regarding leaves of absence and related processes.
- Developed and send applicable letters and e-mails to employees detailing the status of their leave application and leave implications (pay, benefits, return to work, etc.).
- Maintained accurate records of employees on leaves. Ensured compliance with required, related regulations.
- Created and maintain bi-weekly reports on leave trends including current leaves, returns from leaves and intermittent leaves.
- Developed and maintain leave materials for managers and employees using printed and online mechanisms.
- Successfully streamlined a system that allowed employees to submit leave of absence request to one location for processing in a timely manner.
- Co-Managed the annual open enrollment efforts by and monitoring the distribution and receipt of open enrollment information and ensuring timely submission of enrollment applications to insurance carriers.
- Suggested suitable resolutions with managers regarding employee relations problems and inferring company policies.
- Communicated District-wide policies and procedures regarding issues related to harassment and discrimination to internal and external groups
- Interpreted equal employment opportunity policies, procedures, regulations and union contracts
- Investigated, process, make recommendations and resolve EEO complaints and grievances filed by employees or applicants for employment.
Confidential, Berkeley, California
Human Resources Analyst
- Responsible for managing and implementing human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Interviewed, hired, trained, supervised, and evaluated administrative staff in all areas of office and safety procedures.
- Served as an internal consultant and liaison to Deputy Directors, Managers, Supervisors, and Employees to provide guidance on laws, regulations, policies, and labor contracts to resolve HR related issues.
- Monitored budget by analyzing current and projected costs; reviewed budget accounts for fluctuations or deviations.
- Conducted all aspects of employee (exempt and non-exempt) recruitment and selection including the development of selection criteria in coordination with hiring departments, created job announcements, determined outreach efforts, screened applications and resumes, conducted panel interviews, employee selection, and new hire orientations. Conduct workforce planning initiatives with Division Director and direct reports to identify skills gaps and develop short- and long-term outreach strategies and succession planning.
- Performed operational studies to recommend more efficient recruitment and selection processes
- Planned, coordinated, screened and conducted sourcing and recruitment
- Established partnership with local agencies to accomplish applicant and hiring goals
- Interpreted collective bargaining agreements regarding hiring and selection requirements
- Independently developed and delivered job offers and complete required documentation for placement of new hires
- Streamlined and conducted confidential background, security clearances, and reference checks
- Conducted diversity outreach activities including participating in job fairs
- Performed analysis on all recruitments to identify staffing impacts on the Lab’s work force equal employment opportunity goals applicable employment laws and regulations (e.g. AAPs, EEOC, ERISA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, workers and unemployment compensation programs, non-discrimination in hiring and promotion, etc.).
- Division Liaison for health/welfare programs. Responsible for informing employees of benefits, policies, and procedures, interpreting collective bargaining agreements in regard to different health/welfare requirements, and applying laws and legislations that impact benefits
- Used and maintained HRIS application and records as needed to maintain and provide accurate Lab workforce reports and records
- Maintained and updated specifications and job descriptions. Assist is job audits and analyses of positions
- Audited pay rate tables; proposes changes and /or updates
- Contributed to the development of supervisory and management training related to human resources management to include performance evaluations, employee relations, conflict resolution, discipline, grievance processing, and interviewing and selection
- Communicated Lab-wide policies, procedures regarding issues related to harassment and discrimination to internal and external groups
- Interpreted equal employment opportunity policies, procedures, regulations and union contracts
- Investigated, processed, made recommendations and resolved EEO complaints and grievances filed by employees or applicants for employment
- Facilitated discussions with managers and employees on performance evaluations.