- Over 5+ years of professional consulting experience in SAP FICO. Involved in two full life cycle implementation, Upgrade and Production support projects
- Involved in different phases of implementation like AS - IS study, FIT-GAP analysis, TO-BE process, Production support and End-user training
- Expertise in configuration and customization of FI modules GL, AP, AR, AAand Travel Management
- Strong working knowledge in Controlling (CCA, IO, PCA, PA, PC) and Project Systems. Good knowledge in FSCM Collections and Dispute Management
- Good experience in cross-functional integration of FI with MM & SD modules with Procure to Pay and Order to Cash cycles
- Experienced in Development methodologies such as ASAP, SDLC, Agile and Waterfall.
- Extensively involved in translating business requirements into functional specifications for developing RICEFW objects
- Thorough understanding of SAP system from business process perspective. Ability to analyze the customer business requirements, needs and objectives and map them to SAP processes, solutions and products that are being implemented
- Experienced in creating reports using Report Painter, Report Writer and data uploading tools like LSMW
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, International Trade, Risk Management and SOX Compliance
- Excellent in working with Posting validations, Substitution rules, Forms, Interfaces, User-exits, SQVI, BEX queries and MS analysis
- Expertise in Classical and Generic Withholding Tax configuration and 1099MISC reporting
- Worked on external tax configuration and integration with Vertex.
- Very good knowledge in 3 methods of migration to SAP HANA Database and S/4 Simple Finance -New Implementation, Classical Migration using SUM/SWPM, Alternative Deployment method using SLT
- Highly knowledgeable about the technical and functional changes brought in by S/4 HANA Database and Simple Finance
- Expertise in using HPQC/HPALM tools to create test scripts and perform integration testing
- Ability to extract data and develop ad-hoc reports using tools like MS Access and Excel
- Excellent analytical, quick learning and problem solving skills with a proven ability to work in both independent and team environments
- Strong ability to manage and communicate with multidisciplinary distributed teams. Self-motivated individual with good communication and interpersonal skills
ERP Tools: SAP R/3 4.7, EHP 7, Solution Manager 4.0/7.0, BI/BW
Tools: Share Point, Remedy Ticket Tool, Ms. Office (Word, Excel, Power
ERP Applications: SAP R/3 ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0
SAP R/3 Tools: Report Painter, Report Writer
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/XP, Windows NT
Sr. SAP FICO
Commercial Meta, Company Irving, TX
- Gathered Business requirement for business process, prepared Business Process Procedure (BPP) for all the client requirements.
- Performed GAP Analysis and provided work around solutions to map current state to future state.
- Developed test scenarios, conversion/Interfaces/validation plans, cutover, end user training and post go-live production support.
- Implemented New GL, performed document splitting, parallel accounting and periodic processing.
- Resolved issues relating to payment program. Involved in solving and setting up Automatic Payment Program (APP), Account assignment.
- Validation and Substitutions for Profit Centre derivations. Month end closing activities, good knowledge of closing cockpit.
- Configured Asset accounting module, Chart of Depreciation area, Number Assignment Screen Layouts, Depreciations Keys, and Asset Class. Asset transfer, Asset retirement and integration with PS module.
- Analyzed the use of previous accounting scenarios pertaining to Profit Center Accounting (PCA), Cost of Sales Accounting and Special Purpose Ledger and assisted Super-Users and end-users in performing reconciliation with the legacy system to achieve desired results
- Created Bank Master data, House banks, G/L accounts for each bank account and Reconciliation accounts for vendors, customers and assets.
- Setup Lockbox in BAI2 format and configured Electronic Bank Statement (EBS). Customized G/L Accounting, A/R and A/P. Defined the Master Records of Cost Elements (primary and secondary).
- Cost Element Groups, and reconciliation ledger, Cost Centers, Cost Center Groups and Standard Hierarchy.
- Defined Order types to be able to create orders, assigned each order types to a number range and maintained status management, orders settlement, and settlement structure.
- Defined both basic reports and form reports for the business units by profit centers to analyze the profit at customer and product levels.
- Created reports using Report Painter and Report writer for Finance, Marketing, Accounting, and Plant Level Management.
SAP FICO functional
Confidential - Reston, VA
- Customized (client specific) New General Ledger Accounting to perform parallel accounting, Document splitting, allocation, Accounts Receivables.
- Configured house banks, bank accounts, GL structure, posting rules for automatic assignment and automatic payment program (APP) configuration by Bank Chain Functionality.
- Involved in configuring Business Partners and Inter-Company transactions.
- Configured Lock Box accounts that are referenced in customer master records using BAI2 format and used invoices as a part of remittance information.
- Prepared test plans, test cases, test scenarios and executed all phases of Testing.
- Worked on Bank related accounting SAP configuration, experience in setting up incoming payments, Lockbox configuration.
- Automatic Outgoing payments bank reconciliation process including Electronic Bank Configuration (EBS) like MT940; BAI2 formats etc. also Manual Bank Statement (MBS) processing.
- Configured and Tested DME set up for company to upload XML file onto respective banks.
- Worked on Interpretation Algorithm and Search String functionality.
- Performed Treasury operational functions such as cash management, cash forecasting, interest rate monitoring and capital funding and financial derivative analysis.
- Involved in the review of internal controls, risk management, regulatory compliance and reporting functions. Conducted Integration testing for P2P and OTC processes.
- Streamlined posting of Inter-Company Code Transactions and Dunning Processing that includes from Creation of Dunning Proposals to Print.
- Maintained configuration in CCA, PCA, IO and COPA areas of the CO module. Designed and developed custom reports in CCA, PCA and COPA for Management Reporting.
- Used HPQC to develop test scripts and to Raise, Assign, Modify, Clear Defects.
- Apart from normal production support activities, also worked on Streamline testing, system integration testing and regression testing.
Confidential - Mississauga, ON
- Involved in ECC6 New GL project with Document Splitting, Creation of Design template, Configuration, Implementation and Testing. Production Support FI/CO
- Worked on End to End plan, scheduling and configuration of General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Account Receivable.
- Defined leading and non-leading ledgers, defined different segments for segment reporting
- Configured document splitting characteristics for finance and controlling both,
- Classified G/L accounts for document splitting. Defined and assigned different accounting principles to ledger groups
- Worked on special purpose ledger for the quarterly reporting. Worked on Info Pack to create Training materials and successfully trained Users.
- Worked on importing data from legacy systems to SAP R/3 via Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW)
- Worked on G/L accounts to record the Gain/Loss from the foreign currency valuation and one Balance sheet adjustment account
- Creation of Files with Test Data from the Conversion. Created Company codes, Operating Chart of accounts, Country chart of accounts, Financial Statement Versions
- Created G/L accounts, customer master data, Vendor Master Data, House banks.
- Configured Automatic Payment Program, Configured payment terms, Employee tolerance, Vendor tolerance, Customer tolerance.
- Responsible for requirement gathering, complete design, configuration and GL, AP, AR, AA integration with Project System, Internal Orders, Plant Maintenance, configuration of some part of controlling.
- Configured Automatic Payment for Account Payables, configured Vendor/Customer Master Data, Payment Terms, and also configured different payment methods - ACH payments, Wire Transfer, and checks.
- Worked on Order to Cash Process, performed AR-SD integration: Worked with SD team to configure condition type, pricing procedure. Automatic account assignment of revenues through VKOA.
- Worked with ABAP people to create different z-reports. Worked on different treasury processes for different countries in North America and Europe for corporate treasury.
- Configured Depreciation areas, Defined Asset Classes, created Screen layout rules, created financial statement version for Asset Reports.
- Configured Integration of Assets with General Ledger, Created different type of Depreciation terms, created Screen layout for depreciation areas, created depreciation area for different currencies, Special depreciation.
- Defined and configured different depreciation keys declining-Balance method, Multi-level Methods, Period Control methods.
- Configured Screen layout for Asset Master Data, created asset classes for Group Assets, created Allocation structures and settlement profiles.
Confidential - Lexington, SC
- Configured Organizational Structure and its settings. Configuration of global settings-Fiscal Year Variant, Posting Period Variant, field status Variant.
- Created General Ledger basic settings-Chart of account-Account Groups-Document types-posting keys, Retained Earnings account, General Ledger Master Records.
- Creation of Bank Master Data, House Bank General Ledger Accounts and creating Reconciliation Accounts for Vendor, Customer and Assets, Automatic payment program.
- Configured Basic Settings in Asset Management like Asset Class, Account Determination and Screen layouts, Depreciation Key, Depreciation Methods.
- Attending weekly & monthly review meetings conducted by project manager. Experience in constantly updating the Configuration document with the ongoing changes in Support.
- Co-ordination with technical team regarding functional part. Conducting problem analysis and communicating the solutions to the users.