- SAP BW consultant with 10+ years of SAP BW, where she performed various roles as a Team lead, Project manager, Consultant, Developer, Analyst etc.
- Over 1 8 years of SAP ABAP, Security, Basis and Functional experience F I, CO, PS, HR, CRM, SCM, SRM, SD, PM, MM, PP, GTS, QM modules in SAP R/3.
- Completed 10 + full life cycle BW implementations on platforms of BW 3.0B, 3.1H, 3.5 and 7.0 NetWeaver 2004s which includes business requirement gathering, business content installation, Gap analysis, Data - Modeling, Data Extraction, Data Presentation, Data Loading (Full/Delta Upload), Scheduling, Monitoring, Report broadcasting, creating Process chain and Production Support.
- Strong in customizing & developing SAP BW components such as InfoCube, ODS/DSO, Multi-Provider, Remote Cube, Transfer Rule, Update Rule, Transformation Rule(7.0), InfoSet, InfoSource, InfoObject, DataSource, InfoPackage, DTP, APD, Open-Hu b, DataMart.
- Extensive experience with various SAP and non-SAP extractions: Flat file, BCT, SAP CRM, LO Cockpit, CO-PA, FISL, Cross-Application generic extraction from DB view, SAP Query, Function Module.
- Worked extensively on Bex Query Designer, Bex Analyzer, Dashboard Report/Web Application Designer (WAD) with HTML, Queries on MultiCube, RRI, template, Value sets, Jump, condition, exception, Infoset queries & drill-through queries, VB code enhanced workbook, Visual Composer, Publishing iView to Portal.
- Knowledge of integrating SAP Business Objects XI 3.1/4.0 Tools with SAP Netweaver. Can create OLAP Universe, relational Universe via Data Federator. Knowledge of using Information design tool to create BICS connection to an SAP BW system and use it for reporting without building a Universe. Can create Web Intelligence document, Crystal report. Use BO Explorer/Analysis for searching and analysis. Develop dashboard application (formerly Xcelsius 2008)
- BPS/IP for Project/WBS Plan, Budget and Actual.
- Report P erformance Tuning using Data Compression, Logical and Physical Partitioning, Archiving, OLAP cache, BIA, Aggregate, Dimension Sizing.
- ETL Performance Tuning through ABAP code optimization, system resource balance and load parallelism.
- Expert level of ABAP experience which includes BAPI, BADI, RFC, IDOC, ALE, Object-Oriented, User exit, BDC, workflow, report, function, dialog, Webdynpro, SAP script/smart forms/adobe forms. Undergone 7 SAP EDI implementations for EDI series 830, 850, 846, 820, 860, 856 and 855. Designed and developed ABAP Code for R/3 extractors, Rules (Transfer, Update), Exits.
- Basis experience includes SAP security design (auth. object, authorization, profile, role) and administration, SAP Informix DBA and Oracle DBA.
ERP/BI: SAP R/3 ver. 2.2E, 3.0C, 3.1H, 4.0B, 4.5B, 4.7, ECC6, Oracle Application, BW 3.x, BI 7.0, BO Universe/Crystal/Xcelsius/Dashboard/Webi.
OS: MS-DOS, MS Windows 95/98/2000/NT, Unix
Hardware: IBM PC Compatibles, Sun Enterprise, Dell, HP 9000
DataBase: Oracle, Informix, SQL Server, DB2, Unify
Languages: OOABAP, HTML, PL/SQL, C++, Pascal, Assembly, Unix shell script
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
SAP BW Consultant
- Implemented milestone Confidential sourced from Project master and Project WBS milestone dates with complex logic to flatten and aggregate actual, baseline and forecast dates per project milestone. Milestone cube provides information such as milestone statusplanned date category and view indicator which are required to meet milestone dashboard functionalities. Redesign Schedule RAG to calculate RAG status in transformation and change query formula to apply it accordingly Design process to derive fiscal period and snap date based on CPU date and automate data cleanup process. Implemented Project by Budget Year Query to get project input from variable exit via calling sub-query that makes the query works in WEBI reporting environment. Implemented Order Operation Object extractor and enhance Order Operation/Network
- Activity extractor to derive level 3 WBS element based on operation WBS element.
- Leadership Hierarchy: Implemented DSOs for Org Structure, Leader by Org and
- Leadership Structure by Org. and Leadership Hierarchy Infoobject with navigation attributes that can be merged with Headcount for employee headcount reporting.
- Developed Dashboard Metrics Cubes and transformations including Time to accept and time to fill, Compa ratio, Span standard and FTE Developed Span Standard Extractor and Model: Get orgs data from Infotype table
- HRP1001and HRP1000, derive Span standard effective span and calculation spanmin/max for effective span range from HRP9029 and span standard tables. Populate chief position, holder, temp assignment details, other job and org attributes for chief in BW transformation
- Develop Job attributes extractors based on Infotype tables1001,1000, 1005 and 7410
- New job has function area, job family and job category. Job 1005 extractor populates pay scale area, pay scale type, eligible group. Job 7410 extractor populates career track, type, level, job level and type, etc.
- Create Infocubes, transformations to convert load year and orders. Create openhub to export data into logical file and load logical file to cubes in production. Cost model cubes include BPS Actuals Cost Model, FERC Trace Post Cost Model, FERC Direc
- Implemented the extract from real time cube of BPC FERC Translation O&M to BPC O&M Extract cube which are based on load requests in a control table for which various combination of year, rate case version, rate case phase, amount typeNominal or Base. Implemented imputed cost extract from BPC Ranking cube Implemented time-dependent InfoObject planning order and time-dependent hierarchies for budget area budget center and receiver cost center
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
SAP BW Sr. Consultant
- Move the logic of splitting quantity for multiple years from Proxy into the transformation Add Hours quantity to Details and Summary InfoCubes, change Bex queries and Proxies accordingly, perform data validation and report performance tuning.
- Confidential Assembly Priority Changed from two to four bytes: Update corresponding InfoObjects, DSOs, InfoCubes, MultiProviders and transformations due to the change of length in Assembly Priority.
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
SAP BW Sr. Developer
- Year-end Partitioning for CO, AP, AR and GL: Built objects for year 2011 partitions which include 12 InfoCubes, 11 DSOs, 62 transformation rules, 65 process chains. Modified 21 multiProviders and configured pruning entries for the purpose of dataset separation and reporting performance improvement.
- CO Plan/Actual and HR Data Archiving: Moved data to keep most recent 2 years data in current cube, previous 5 years data to historical cube and all other years data to ancient historical cube. Run RSRV and DBSTATS to ensure data consistency.
- SVC Scheduled Hours: Built DSO, InfoCube, Transformation with complex logic to provide weekly estimated and scheduled details for selected division, resource type, work type, program, year and time frame (calendar week)
- Confidential Project Details/Activity Type/Multiyear/Summary: Built BEx queries to limit plan data under cost element hierarchy of Order Financial Cost and give detailed information of project quantity and amount for labor, material, contract and other for each combination of year, month, cost element, etc. by a given year, plan version and set of PM orders. Created 5 function modules to pass parameters and call queries. The returned results of queries will be sent back to ECC for Proxing reporting.
- Confidential Staging Cube Cleanup Process: Created shadow cube, transformation to blank out time stamp for records older than four months before uploading data to BPS plan cube for performance improvement.
- Confidential Back-to-back Delta load: Built event, schedule background job, enhance process chain to perform Confidential back-to-back delta load.
- PVA plan cube load: Built PVA plan cube, transformations and DTPs to load data from WIP detail plan and BPS plan.
- BroadCasting implementation for PVA/SVC text translation errors: Configured broad casting setting for queries of PVA/SVC text translation errors. Built process chain to automate error files sending via broadcasting.
- CO Production Support: Monitor, communicate and troubleshoot issues with data integrity, data design, and functional and technical software issues.
SAP BW Sr. Analyst
- Scorecard Migration from BW 3.1C to BI 7.0 (500+ Users): Created project plan, identified priorities and activities, assigned person responsible, communicated, supported and managed 4 team members to ensure deliverables finished on schedule. Resolved unexpected technical difficulties during the migration of SID tables.
- ECC6 Upgrade for BI: Participated in the Conversion of custom extractors and standard extractors user exit to ECC6 Unicode format. Tested master/transaction data loads, LO Cockpit full/delta extraction. Validated application and report results. Made cutover to Production in a new BI environment.
- Implementation of SD BW: Implemented extractors of sales order header/item, sales order schedule line, sales order delivery link, billing item and consolidated data into an InfoCube. Built Order to Cash report that will consolidate monthly Sales Orders for Spares, Warranty, Contract orders and Invoice of spares sold. It allow users to view data of sales org, distribution channel, division, reason for order, reason for rejection, delivery priority, net value, % revenue, cost, order quantity, delivery costdelivery amount, billing quantity, billing net value, billing cost, billing items. User can drill down during the run time to get detailed information such as SO item creation date, Act. Goods issue date, billing doc. date, sold-to party, service order type, transaction type, BU and group, etc.
- Implementation of SM&QM&ECO Project (Microsoft DB) EDW - Install & Warranty to QN Metrics: This project incorporates data of CO object expense, Service Order and Confirmation, Sales Order and Contract, Upgrade, Equipment Master to build a detailed finance expense report(overhead, part and labor) for equipments in the post-sale phases of Install and Warranty. Filter out top 20(or top N) materials and merge data from quality notification, project to build a system in BI which is tracking high expensive Installation and Warranty Parts by Quality Notifications to review correlation and other statistics. Lead analysis, working closely with business users to finalize business requirements. Designed, configured, and implemented tools for reporting and analysis.
- Implementation of ECO (Microsoft DB) & QM EDW - ECO QN Metrics and Dashboard: Combined ECO (Windchill via UDC) and QN (SAP) data together into BI, implemented a system to track the effectiveness of the ECO Project system by measuring the number of ECO parts released with and without projects by the number of QNs categorized by engineering caused QN type.
- Building Quality Notification Task Extractor: Customized standard extractor to pull 40 more QN task related fields and ensure delta update in a correct sequence.
- Implementation of SM BW - Install/Warranty/Contract Tool Report: Lead analysis and custom designed DSOs, InfoCube, and extractors to build a system, which reports tools in the phases of Install, Warranty and Contract in a time dependent basis. This report includes information of equipment, module type, equipment service transaction type, contract no., contract type, material, install location, serial no., sales order no., BU, platform, function location customer, customer no., original sales order, tool counter.
- Implementation of FIGL BW - PPV Historical Trend Report: Utilized standard extractor GL line items and customized it with info. From PO and standard price. Built a system/report that provides trended historical view of material cost variances.
- Implementation of GTS BW (30+ users world wide): Did analysis regarding the business requirements. Customized business content extractor Customs Documents to add information regarding export/import in the areas of Legal control. Figured out logic and implemented it in the user exit of the extractor. Designed, Configured and implemented InfoObject, DSO, InfoCube and create GTS: Customs Value Report which has information such as export license no, sold to partner tax, forward agent, ECCN, commodity code, sales order, invoice…built GTS Customs Values Report and a system to track export license status.
- FCO Metrics Reports: Built dashboard reports by Web Application Designer, that displays charts and metrics, also allow jump from report to report with RRI functionality.
- Material First Date Report (ECO and Procurement): Implemented backend objects, logic, infoProviders, Infoset. Built a report which provides material first time go production, first PR, first PO and first GR. Report data crosses from engineering change order to Procurement.
- On-going maintenance and production support: Add new tools, customers and fabs to scorecard system, and configure relevant process, state/substate, failure category for a new tool. Enhance and support many BI reports such as open production order statusproduction order header and item details, shortage report, BO Actual delivery reportECO activity report, etc.
SAP BW Sr. Consultant
- Translated business spec. to technical spec. Configured BW functionalities and create business solutions to meet business requirements for Capital Accounting Group.
- Data modeling for complex processes of Capital Operation Settlement Details andFuture Asset Settlement Forecast based on Cumulative Virtual Order Allocation.
- Developed Generic Extractors: Capital Operation Order Settlement Rules, Capital Operation Asset Details, Virtual Order Allocation, CO Line Item Details, etc. Developed user-exits, transfer rules, update rules to manipulate data in the flow from R3 to BW. Used ABAP objects to maintain data in the DTP transformation.
- Developed Asset and Order Range Programs to split huge data load into several small parallel data load.
- Developed Program to extract details of FERC objects; Developed blocked PO items / invoices program; Paid invoices grouped by material code and & g/l account number; Program to extract MLX, TPC or Chapter 11 TPC claims payment & confirmation records to an external file.
- Implemented Data Targets included 8 Providers and needed InfoObjects, Transformations, Transfer/Update Rules, InfoPackages and Process Chains. Tested out processes and validated data in the targets.
- Performed performance tuning and data load balance management for the process of OP/non-OP Capital Operation Settlement Details
- SEM CO Line Item Details Extractor enhancement and Plan/Transaction processes management.
- Upgraded processes from BW3.5 to BI 7.0 (Net Weaver 2004s)
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
SAP BW Sr. Developer
- Lead the team of 4 members in BW migration process as R/3 upgrade needed from 4.5 to 4.7. Came up with a strategic plan for moving BW objects and coordinated well with corresponding upgrade conversions.
- Lead the BW team in data modeling and architecture design. Proposed suggestions to use multi-provider to report data in HR and RE modules. Created modeling for combining CO data such as plan, budget and actual for each WBS element presented in PS hierarchies. Review data architectures designed by other team members.
- Made cut over plan, analyzed data element, designed Logical Data Model, created and executed integration test plan & string Test plan.
- Converted extractors, rules in R3 and BW for the changes of Company Code, Cost & Profit Centers due to improved Business Process Requirements.
- Analyzed, designed, architected and implemented complex BW applications of Project System, Profit Center Accounting, Controlling, Asset Accounting, Real Estate Management and Human Resource.
- Analyzed report requirements, eliminated duplicates and combined similar reports. Installed business contents and performed gap/fit analysis.
- Use ABAP object to develop a dialog program to update table entries used as parameter control in BW loading.
- Develop following reports by using BAPI functions and ALV for result display: Contract Renewal Lease Obligation Underutilized Space Vacant Customer Charged Vacant external
- Built, maintained and supported following reports in the areas of Property Financial Management, Fixed Asset Accounting, Budget and Forecast, Project System and Real Estate Management.