- About 12+ years of total IT Experience, with 8 years of experience as a SAP Basis consultant and 4 years as a Technical support specialist.
- Experience in installation, configuration and support of the SAP System Landscape systems for R/3 ECC - 6.0, ECC-5.0, 4.7x, 4.6x and Net weaver components.
- Experience in all aspects of ABAP Engine Administration including Client Copy/Export/Import, System Copy/ Refresh, Support Packages, Kernel Upgrade, Spool Administration, Background Jobs, Workload Analysis, CCMS, Backup/Recovery, Add-on installations, System monitoring/Maintenance, Performance Tuning and applying OSS notes.
- Experience in configuring Transport Management System, setting up Transport routes, Releasing/Importing of transports between Development, Quality and production systems.
- Maintained SAP security in terms of creating users, creating roles and profiles, assigning roles, running user comparisons, assigning authorization objects to roles using profile generator, maintaining users in Central System by using Central User Administration. Profile Generator, User Administration, Monitoring, User Tracing, & Trouble Shooting.
- Working experience in Portal Administration including System Administration, User Administration, Content Administration.
- Implemented SAP ECC on HANA migration.
- Involved in SAP HANA Monitoring and Troubleshooting.
- Strong practical knowledge in Sizing of SAP HANA, Memory Management and Software Packaging.
- Experience in ECC upgrades.
- Good knowledge about administering and managing SAP J2EE Web Application Server, Knowledge of the tools: J2EE Visual Administration, Config tool, SDM, System Analyzer and other configuration tools in J2EE engine for portal components and applications.
- Strong Solution Manager experience that includes configuring ChaRM, configuring root cause analysis, business process monitoring, E2E monitoring setup, incident management, alert monitoring and SMD Agents.
- Extensive experience in automated daily administrative activities which include system monitoring, batch job monitoring, business processes monitoring, database monitoring, checking database growth, monitoring table spaces with alert notifications using Solution Manager.
- Experience in Oracle Database administration using BR tools, experience working on DB2 and MAXDB databases.
- Ability to adapt to fast pace work environment. Highly motivated team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Innovative with proven ability to identify, analyze and solve problems to increase business satisfaction and control costs.
- Extensive experience in providing high quality customer service, sales and technical assistance.
SAP BASIS Administrator
- Perform all the SAP BASIS support activities for the client’s ECC, BW environment.
- Handle weekly transports for all the production systems.
- Handled printer installation, configuration and trouble shooting.
- Importing SSL certificates into DEV, QA and PROD environment.
- Running RTCCTOOL recommendations across the landscape.
- Performed support pack and Kernel upgrades.
- Handled database issues by increasing table space, adding data files archiving oraarch files etc.
- Setting up jobs and managing them.
- Troubleshooting job failures, ABAP dumps, system errors and performance issues.
- Made recommendations to improve the system performance such as parameter changes, upgrades etc.
- Perform monthly maintenance and run Database verify scripts to check DB errors for Legacy systems.
- Performed Disaster recovery on their Legacy system.
- Creating roles, assigning derived roles to composite roles, assigning roles to users and maintaining user profiles.
- Maintained their password database and updated it every month with new passwords for all the systems and clients in the landscape.
- Performed periodic Database verification in the Legacy system to check for database errors.
- Prepared SAP Audit reports every quarter.
Confidential, Brookfield, WI
SAP Basis Consultant
- Supported 4 clients of Confidential during my tenure.
- Performed regular BASIS activities like monitoring, performance analysis, transports, user account creation/authorization etc.
- Involved in note implementations- Implemented critical IDOC framework notes for a client and performed several manual steps during the process by working closely with the developers.
- Worked on Printer setup and print spool issues.
- Performed language installations.
- Performed Kernel upgrades, Support Pack upgrade and system refreshes on ECC and BW environments.
- CR content update on all the portal systems.
- Made recommendations for parameter changes to improve system performance.
- Worked on high priority incidents and resolved them within the SLA.
- Worked on daily incidents which involved Alerts, performance issues, Client opening/closing, transport requests, printer issues, SMTP email server issues etc.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Technical Account manager
- Worked as a Technical account manager and handled Echelon’s accounts by providing high-level technical support to project teams and customers.
- Addressed all SAP product related queries on time and trained customers to use SAP products effectively.
- Worked with the sales team to prepare technical presentations to present it to new clients.
- Provide reports on SAP product performance and advise customers on new products or upgrades that may be suitable for their business.
- Handled off shore teams and made sure the SLAs were met.
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
SAP HANA Basis Administrator
- Performed SAP upgrade from ECC 6 Ehp 4 to Ehp 7
- Worked on SAP HANA studio and clients’ installation.
- Worked on SAP Landscape Transformation Replication (SLT) Server Configuration
- Created SAP HANA User’s and Role Administration
- Performed ISA system upgrade from NetWeaver 7.0 to 7.31 version
- Upgraded ECO (E commerce) components from 5.0 to 7.31 version
- Created a new track in NWDI and merged the code
- Performed Support pack stack upgrade on BPC HANA systems from 5 to 11
- Performed Kernel upgrade on BPC HANA systems
- Was involved in performance tuning of production system by changing the memory parameters
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
SAP Basis Administrator
- Performed system refresh on ECC and BW systems
- Installation and addition of dialogue instances to the existing systems
- Performed support pack upgrades, add-ons and kernel upgrades on systems
- Applied SAP notes across the landscape on ECC, BW, HANA and LRM systems
- Performed transports across the landscape
- Maintained SAP, RFC, HTTP connections on service market place
- Configured ChaRM and created change requests in ChaRM
- Added systems to solution manager 7.1
- Systems monitoring and performance tuning
- Basic troubleshooting of HANA systems
Confidential, New York city
SAP Basis Administrator
- Performed system upgrades, Kernel upgrades, installed support packs.
- Performed system refresh on ECC and BW systems.
- Installed portal system and added the system to SOLMAN.
- Performed Technical monitoring of the system using SOLMAN.
- Managed transports using ChaRM.
- Maintained service connections in service market place.
- Performed performance tuning of the systems in the landscape.
- Performed basis tasks on various operating system environment: - HP-UNIX, Solaris, AIX, Windows, Linux as well as different database:-Oracle, DB2, MSSQL.
- Installation, Post-Installation Post Copy activities and Configuration of systems.
- Kernel Upgrade and Patching Java & ABAP stacks.
- Client Administration (Client copy, Client refresh & Client deletion), Jobs Scheduling and monitoring.
- Transport management system, creating and maintaining RFCs and transport routes.
- SAP language installations and supplementation.
- SAP notes implementation, Profile Maintenance, RFC Creation and troubleshooting, SAP Add-on Installation.
- Parameters setting and maintaining to improve the system performance.
- Configuration of Solution Manager for Availability Monitoring, Alerting, Solution Manager
- Diagnostics, EWA, E2E Analysis, Performance Testing and Monitoring of SAP Java and portal Components.
- Database backup and recovery, database administration and performance tuning.
- Support and maintenance of BI/BW systems.
- Monitoring and resolving performance issues, backup failures, Kernel upgrade across the landscape.
- Oracle parameter changes as per the recommendation through B.R.Tools. Table space addition, rebuilding of index and table re-org activity and data extract.
- Printer creation, troubleshooting of printer problems and spool management.
- Scheduling of jobs in background to cleanup spool request and dumps.
- Scheduled script, change jobs, creation of schedulers and job queue through SAPCPS and CPS administration.
- Maintain and monitor operation modes, log on groups.
- Worked on Solution Manager for generating Early Watch Report.
- Implementing SAP notes as per the recommendation is Solution Manager.
- Troubleshooting performance issues in ABAP, JAVA and portal systems.
- Database management using BR tools, Table space management, scheduling backups and troubleshooting backup failures and fixing them.
SAP Basis Administrator
Environment: SAP R/3, 4.7, 4.6, Windows NT, Oracle 9i, 10g
- 24X7 Production Support.
- Performing Daily monitoring health check task on production system.
- Working exclusively on daily SEV1, 2 and 3 tickets.
- Performed Oracle upgrade from 9i to 10g
- Performed number of client copies (Remote and local Client Copy)
- Worked on Monthly Maintenance Support with OS team and DBA team (like- monthly Windows patching, V-MAX migration, DB patching).
- Responsible for resolving problem tickets, monitoring and troubleshooting day to day problems in various system landscapes.
- Performed Troubleshooting of system problems, update and lock entries, Spool Jobs, Background Jobs, RFC, ABAP Dumps, System log and Database issues.
- Maintained and fine-tuned SAP profiles parameters, OP Mode Switching, Scheduling and work process distribution.
- Performed Spool Administration like configuring printers and logical spool servers, implementing device type in system landscape and trouble-shooting and administration of spool request.