- SAP FICO Functional Consultant with 11+ years of experience including 3 Full Life Cycle Implementations.
- Experience includes Implementation, Rollout and Production support in a validated environment in implementing S4Hana, SAP R/3 and SAP ECC 6.0
- Industry experience includes Manufacturing and Service organizations.
- Strong expertise in Functional Configuration and Implementation of following modules of FICO: FI - GL, AP, AR, FI-AA, CO-CCA, CO-CEA, COPCA, CO-IO.
- Strong experience in Integration of various SAP Modules like SD, MM.
- Expert in configuring a wide range of SAP FI functionality including FI New GL (Parallel Ledger), AR, AP, and AA. Planning and implementing standardized and flexible operating GL, group and country chart of accounts, New GL (active and passive splitting), ledger groups, simultaneous postings, parallel accounting IAS/IFRS.
- SAP project experience includes development of Business process procedures, Business process flows, “As-Is” documentation, System blueprint, System test, User acceptance testing.
- Collecting of user requirements and reports and documenting the new functionalities.
- Effective communicator with excellent skills in making Business Presentation Documentation;
- Provided post live support, production support and maintenance.
- Individual as well as team oriented ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to resolve issues, drive projects, and meet the deadlines, highly motivated to develop successful solutions.
Financial Accounting: S4HANA, Simple Finance, General Ledger (FI-GL), New Ledger, and Accounts Payable (FI-AP), Accounts Receivable (FI-AR), Asset accounting (FI-AA) and New GL Implementation.
Controlling: Cost Element Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Order, Profit Center Accounting and Profitability Analysis
Configuration: FI-GL, FI-AR, FI-AP, FI-AA, CO-CCA, COPCA, CO-IO, COPA
Implementation: Accelerated SAP (ASAP) Methodology, Gap Analysis, SAP Best Practices, professional, Conducting Workshops for gathering requirements, Data migration, Unit Testing, SIT (System Integration Testing), User Acceptance Testing, Training and cutover issue along with Post go live.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SAP FICA/S4HANA Finance Lead
- Gathered business requirements, analyzed, mapped business requirements to environment, configured, worked with technical teams to migrate the configurations to QA, UAT and production environments.
- Resolved issues with data and line items during and after transfer of GL balances to S4HANA .
- Created reconciliation accounts for account receivables and accounts payables.
- Configured settings for P2P Procure to Pay cycle including FI-MM integration
- Scheduled batch jobs for all FI and CO programs.
- Activated Costing Based COPA for Controlling Area.
- Assigned Controlling Area to Operating Concern.
- Perform training to super users for enhancement implementation and create training documentation
- Configured settings for New GL including document splitting and segment reporting.
- Configuring and support in developing SAP ECC 6.0 Finance and Controlling modules.
- Configuring the value flow from SD to COPA, configuring the value flow from FI, MM to COPA. Configured postings made in new GL and Profit Center Accounting PCA integration with COPA and analysis of statistical postings.
- Worked on AUC, Integrated Asset Accounting (FI-AA), Acquisitions entry and alterations during use, Asset retirement. Worked with Depreciation postings, calculations/reporting and Year-end closing and Change-of year.
- Interacted with the client end users in gathering business requirement, creating business requirement document, and functional design document.
- Created Field status groups, Fiscal year Variants, posting periods, document number ranges.
- Adding configuration changes as per the requirements of the clients
- Taking care of day to day activities and problems in FI area and providing suitable solutions for the same.
- Proactively discuss critical issues with other functional consultants for timely resolution.
Environment: SAP S4 Hana
Confidential, North Chicago, IL
SAP FICO Business Analyst
- Configured chart of accounts, account groups, field status groups, and posting keys, assigned these variants to company codes, created GL Master records, reconciliation accounts for sub-ledgers, document types, number ranges, invoices and payments, tolerance groups, automatic account assignments, GL display (line item layouts, special fields, sort variants, totals variants) and financial statement version.
- Configured areas of AP, House Banks and Automatic Payment program (APP). Involved in optimizing bank details for wire payments, check lots, void reason codes and clearing inter-company vendor/customer open items.
- Configured customer account groups, tolerance groups, performed credit management, account assignments, defined various payment terms as per the client specific requirements for Accounts Receivables.
- Identified one-time Vendors and Customers and defined a separate screen layout for them according to the requirement of the client.
- Assigned new scenarios to the leading ledger like Cost center update, Preparations for Consolidation, Profit Center Update and Segmentation.
- Created integrated asset acquisition and defined account assignment type for Asset Account, Account Assignment Objects for the Depreciation Areas.
- Configured the system to deduct a cash discount for payment of fixed asset invoice automatically and in real time, to the corresponding asset.
- Configured setting for revaluation of fixed assets, normal depreciation run and posting of asset acquisition.
- Configured Cost center accounting (CCA), Profit center Accounting (PCA), Internal Orders (IO), and Profitability Analysis (PA).
Environnent : SAP ECC 6.0
Confidential, Chicago, IL
SAP FICO Business System Analyst
- Configured the full implementation of Business Blueprint of new Company Code, GL, AR, AP, Banking and Customer/ Vendor Master Data and intercompany/cross Company accounting and procedures based on Public Sector practices.
- Configuration of Enterprise Structure which includes Currency, Company including Creation of Company, Company Codes, Business areas, Credit Control Area, Fiscal Year Variant, Posting Period Variant, and Opening & Closing of Posting Periods.
- Configured and supported Fixed Asset Accounting (AA) module by creating asset classes, chart of depreciation, depreciation areas and integrated AA with GL after configuring Asset Master Data.
- Worked closely with SAP on debugging the discovered problems in the various applications.
- Defined tolerance groups, tolerances for employees, customers and vendors.
- Integrated FI with MM and SD modules with respect to account determination for various clearing and adjustment accounts.
- Responsible for Asset Data Transfer from legacy data to SAP using Microsoft Excel. Converted, Tested and validated the data before and after the transfer and reconciled with G/L accounts.
- Configured Automatic payments for Account Payable and dunning for Account Receivable.
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
Confidential, North Chicago, IL
Sap Fico CONSULTANT
- Interacted with Client business users for requirements gathering and analysis.
- Interacted with the business analysts and end users to get the user requirements and Business process using ASAP methodology.
- Configured and Customized FI sub-modules Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Interacted with Client to Update and Group Customer and Vendor Master Data to define Credit Control Areas and Dunning Areas.
- Designed and Configured the Vendor Master Data, Vendor Group, Vendor Field Status.
- Vendor and Customer Master Data and Risk Categories.
- Redefined and Configured Payment Methods, Payments Terms, House Bank, Bank Accounts for AP, AR - Dunning process, Lockbox, Interest calculation, and Credit Management.
- Clearing Inter-Company Vendor/Customer open items, Manually Processing Incoming Payments, Running/Editing Dunning proposals, Reconciliation Accounts in the GL and Create functional specifications for Custom Interfaces.
- Configured Outgoing Payments, Open Item Clearing in Accounts Payable, and Cost Center Accounting Master data, Planning and Cost allocations in Cost Center Accounting.
- Configured the Automatic Payment Program for AP including Partial Payment Configuration, Check Management and Check Printing.
- Configured One-time Vendors/Customers with Separate Screen Layouts. Customer credit control areas and pre-defined credit limits for customers, maintained Risk categories and credit monitoring groups, discount overviews.
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
Accounting & Tax Consultant
- Involved in Configuring the G/L Accounts, Vendor and Customer Master Data. Configuring all business transactions for Accounts Payable and Account Receivables including the Payment Program Configuration to generate the Payment Advice notes and to print the checks to make the payment for all Account Payable that are due, clearing of vendor and customer accounts that are due Items, Bank Master Data, House Banks for Payment Program, and Credit Management.
- Configuring the House Banks, G/L accounts for Bank accounts and bank account reconciliation program. Integration of MM and SD with FI account assignment.
- Creating Primary and Secondary Cost Elements, Cost Element Groups, Assigning the Cost Elements to various Cost Centers, Activating the Reconciliation Ledger and maintaining Accounts for Automatic Reconciliation Posting in Cost Element Accounting Creating and Customizing Cost Centers, Cost Center Standard Hierarchy, Reconciliation Ledgers, Assessment, Distribution, Allocation using Cycle-Segment Method for Periodic Reposting in Cost Center Accounting.
- Designing and configuring the Hierarchy for various responsibility units by means of Profit Center Accounting. Creating Profit Centers and Assigning Cost Centers. Assigning Balance Sheet items to respective Profit Centers.
- Data-up load, by using ABAP LSMW.
- Involved in developing functional specifications and working with Technical development team for custom developments
Environment: SAP R/3 4.6C