- Overall six years of extensive functional experience in SAP including one full life cycle implementations Good understanding of all aspects of the SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling business process and translation of business requirements into SAP solutions in the cost - effective and client-servicing manner.
- Successful full life cycle implementation and various production supports, Enhancements upgradation and configuration project experience.
- Expertise in configuring and customizing General Ledger (GL ), New General Ledger (New GL), Accounts Payables/Receivables (Business Scenario’s OTC & PTP) Asset Accounting (AA), Cost Center Accounting (CCA), Profit Center Accounting (PCA).
- General Ledger (New GL): Define leading ledger and additional ledgers for different reporting purpose, Configuring and Customizing G/L account master records, chart of accounts, field status groups, automatic account determination, financial statement versions, G/L display configuration, validations, and substitutions.
- Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables: Configuring and Customizing vendor/ customer master data, account groups, tolerance groups, invoice, payment configuration, dunning, interest calculation, credit management and check management
- Asset Accounting: Configuring and Customizing Chart of Depreciation, Asset classes, depreciation areas, assigning company codes to dep . The creation of screen layouts and number ranges, the creation of dep reciation keys like ordinary depreciation, special depreciation.
- Experience in business processes re-engineering, blueprinting, configuration, unit, and integration testing, user, documentation, and production support.
- Month-end FI closing, Period closing and opening in FI. Adding/Deleting/Modifying Financial Statement versions in GL, Running Clearing procedures for GR/IR, Handling Issues related to Parallel Currencies, Foreign currency translation, maintaining new exchange rate types
- Good understanding of business processes, technology and implementation methodologies with project experience in all Phases-Requirements gathering, Scope Management, Process Analysis, Gap Analysis, Realization, Testing, Go-live preparation, Go-live, Post live support,, and Documentation.
ERP SAP: SAP R/3 versions 4.7, ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0.
SAP Modules: FICO (RTR, OTC, PTP), MM, SD
Operating Systems: Windows Vista/XP/7.
Testing Tools: HP Quick Test Professional (QTP), Load Runner, SAP
Defect/Req/Test Mangement: Quality Center (QC), Rational Quality Manager (RQM)
Management Tools: MS Project, MS Access, MS Word/Office/Excel/PowerPoint.
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
SAP FICO Consultant
- Business Process Re-Engineering, configuration, and modifications to suit the client’s requirements.
- Configuration of Master data like business partners, Vendor master data, and GL Accounts.
- Customized the Account Groups, and G/L Account Master Records, Field Status Groups, Document Types, and Posting Periods.
- Set up new Company codes, new asset classes, and deprecation key (Bonus Dep key) controlling reports cost element, cost center reports using report painter and drill down reports.
- Configured new House banks, assigned GL accounts to banks, and assigned ranking order to house banks.
- Configured validations and substitutions according to client requirements
- Customized screens for Document Entry, Document reversals, Invoices, and Payments.
- Report Painter and drill down reports are used extensively for all the reports.
- Configured Tax jurisdiction codes and rates as the company is using classic Tax jurisdiction.
- Created Account Assignment Models for Recurring Entries.
- Defined contract Customer/Vendor Account Groups and Created Customer/Vendor Master Data.
- Providing Functional Specs for various customized reports (JV reports, Billing Process reports, Cash analysis reports, Consolidation, AR aging reports in FICO)
- Coordinated with the technical team (ABAP) for new developments, enhancements and bug fixing against the issue logs
- Worked with various users of the MM and PS modules to determine the issues in Integration points.
- Integrated AR to SD Module on Account determination for various Clearing and Adjustment Accounts and Automatic Postings.
- I have detailed technical knowledge across the Record to report workstream.
- Performed Functional Testing and Integration Testing on all business scenarios in FI (GL, AP, AR, AM), CO (CCA, PCA) and between cross-functional modules during system enhancement or any upgrades (Recently moved to Hana Database)
SAP FICO Functional Consultant
- Implemented New GL , performed document splitting, parallel accounting, and periodic processing
- I customized some of the SAP transactions.
- I have provided SAP FI/CO troubleshooting, including the identification and resolution of performance related issues.
- Resolved issues relating to the Automatic Payment Program (APP)
- Configured House Banks , Bank account and assign to check a lot. Configured automatic payment program for out-going payments in AP
- Interact with the Core users for gathering more information regarding problems tickets through emails, chat, and phones.
- Applying SAP functionality to support business needs & priorities to obtain a competitive and strategic advantage.
- Interaction with Module Managers & end users on site for ticket resolution & identification / clarifications.
- Taking approvals from the clients before moving new changes to production clients following company protocols.
- Created Asset classes and screen layout rules, Defined number range intervals.
- Defined depreciation area posting to General Ledger, Assigned GL accounts, and Assigned Input tax indicator for Non-Taxable Acquisition. Depreciation calculation key.
- Creation of allocation structures and settlement profiles, Creation of Different Internal Order Types, maintain planning and budgeting of Internal orders(CO-IO )
- Uploading of Master Data and Transaction data through LSMW.
- In Internal Orders configured various internal order types , setup status profile for order type, maintained settlement rules, internal order planning, and budget profile and also set up tolerances for a budget cost. Defined the settlement rules, and used internal order with AUC /Capital investment projects,
- Developed a plan and communicated with the client team regularly to ensure successful execution of the plan.
Confidential, MILWAUKEE, WI
SAP FICO Consultant
- End to end SAP implementation has been done .
- Studied the Business Process Flow, Interacted with end-users, finalized business processes, and Mapping it to SAP
- Performed business process analysis gap analysis and design
- Configuring the Enterprise Structures by setting enterprise structures and assigning them to organizational units in F I/CO
- Configured the G/L, A/R and A/P modules
- Set up fixed asset master data, acquisitions, capitalization, retirements, investment support
- Configured inter-company asset transfers, post capitalization, balance sheet revaluation
- Set up periodic processing in fixed assets, depreciation run, new valuation, and post-evaluation
- APC value posting in fixed assets , inflation, yearend account reconciliation
- Identified table fields for batch inputs for Conversion of legacy Data;
- Customized reports for open items, credit overview, and account analysis
- Set up interest indicator and created a report variant for late payment charges
- Used Reason codes to charge off differences/grant additional cash discounts and account for collection.
- Used special G/L indicators for processing customer down payments; Created aging buckets for overdue customer items; Created Terms of payments for customers/vendors; Set up automatic a/c assignment for inter-company processes; Involved in Account Assignments for MM/SD integration.
- Identified table fields for batch inputs for Conversion of legacy Data; Demonstrated Test scenarios in G/L, A/R and A/P to user groups; Set up A/R reports to a roll-up by Salesman/Team/Business Unit.
- Trained core team members on SAP System.
- Prepared User / Concept manuals, and Configuration document.
- Provided post-implementation support.
- Validated integration test data.
- Developed transaction aids for business users.
- Prepared quick guides for the end users.
SAP FICO Consultant
- Responsible for delivering qualitative end-user support on all FI/CO related issues.
- Played a important role in Understanding and planning of Business Process change management
- Involved in month-end and year-end closing operations and familiar with the tools like schedule manager and third party tool Run book release
- Configured EBS, Payment method Supplement and configured validations and substitutions according to client requirements
- Played a significant role in developing check layouts and Payment advice layouts
- Providing Functional Specs for various customized reports in FICO, e.g., Consolidation report, AR Miscellaneous Checks.
- Coordinated with ABAP programmers for new developments, enhancements, and bug fixing against the issue logs
- As part of the daily support, we also handle tickets relating to In-House cash module & controlling
- Worked extensively on APP (Automatic payment program) and ADP (Automatic Dunning program)
- Responsible for performing regression testing and maintenance break testing whenever there is a release