- Seasoned professional with Eighteen years of experience in SAP MM (Material Management)/ IM (Inventory Management), SD (Sales and Distribution) and Warehouse Management - Logistics Execution implementation of Inbound, Outbound and Internal warehouse/distribution business processes in various roles as team member, senior consultant, team leader and solutions architect in global environments
- Solid management skills with the ability to coordinate functional and technical requirements among different functional areas
- Excellent working knowledge of pharmaceutical, consumer packaging, medical, manufacturing, distribution, beverage and automotive industry sectors with multiple life cycle implementations of SAP
- Proficient in the improvement of supply chain processes enabled by leading technologies focusing on the SAP Logistics and Logistics Execution areas
- Strong functional experience in logistics business process improvements, gap identification, customization, implementation and integration of SAP R/3 MM-Purchasing, Inventory Management, Sales and Distribution, Warehouse Management with RF integration, TRM, Handling unit management and exposure to SCM EWM modules
- Involved in project scoping & planning, Resource planning, Change management, managing Development efforts with offshore team, Integration test plans and Cut-over and Go-live preparation.
- Thorough understanding of cross functional integration points with PP, PS, FICO and QM modules
- SAP R/3 (4.0, 4.5B, 4.6C, 4.7, ECC 5.0 & 6.0)
- In depth Knowledge of the following Modules:
- Materials requirement Planning (MRP)
- Physical Inventory & Inventory Management
- Valuation and Account Assignment
- Invoice Verification
- Warehouse Management
- SAP Console with RF Integration
- Sales order processing, Pricing and its interface with Accounts Receivable, Taxes and Account Determination
- Sales Order Types, Item Categories, Schedule Lines, Copying Control and delivery document types
- STO with intercompany billing
- Serial number management with custom RF solution
- Procurement process with Scheduling agreements with release
- Deliveries, Shipping and transportation
- Third party and Intercompany Sales process
- Logistics invoice verification (LIV)
- Custom interfaces with external systems
- Movement types & Automatic Account Determination
- Handling Unit Management (HUM)
- Custom RF transactions
- Custom put away & picking strategies
- Business user on SAP functionalities
- Industry focus
- Repetitive/Discrete Manufacturing
- Consumer Packaging Industry
- Life Sciences & Pharmaceutical Industry
IT Solutions Architect
- Member of Functional Architecture team primarily responsible for designing long-term strategic goals and short term tactical plans for Supply Chain focused on SAP architecture
- Developed ROM (Rough Order Magnitude) estimates, resource estimates, and prepared solution architecture design documents for the responsible projects
- Closely worked in collaboration with IT partners in the near-term, mid-term and long-term goals and successfully implemented SAP version upgrade from 4.6C to ECC6 EHP7(SAP Software upgrade and Unicode Conversion)
- Supported the objectives established by GSM (Global Supply Chain Management / purchasing) to implement solutions and worked collaboratively with various IT teams such as EDI & external suppliers
- Conducted business process reviews and provided guidance to project teams to prepare end-to-end Supply chain based business processes and their mapping to the attributes(Division/Region/Country) during the implementation of Solution manager documentation and Test automation (HP ALM) project
- Executed governance processes effectively aligning the new tools such as SAPedia, Solution manager and HP ALM that are part of the Solution manager road map
- Managed the suppliers for 24/7 application support and prioritize the service requests jointly with the business by approving functional design, estimates and coordinate testing and sign off on solutions.
- Involved in the conversion of SAP ERP (SAP 3.1I) & QAD ERP sites to ECC system.
Senior SAP Consultant
- Project scope involved system testing,, and analysis of master data management, data conversion, writing process improvement documentation and manuals supporting enhancements
- Partnered with other IT functional and technical teams with implementation requirements to deliver functional and technical solutions that meet business objectives
- Maintained senior management interest and buy-in to the complex solutions by demonstrating the walk through of all WMS process areas in SAP Quality environment
- Participated in the risk identification and mitigation process across all project activities including mass SU conversion plan after initial inventory upload and business continuity transactions on VMU during SAP planned outages
- Led weekly collaboration site calls to demonstrate the latest SAP enhancements and WMS inventory continuous improvement calls for all sites that are on SAP WMS
- Provided strong feedback and trained to enhance the performance of WMS implementation team members in potentially difficult situations at Go-Live.
- Prepared process design documents and work instructions to meet the business requirements and thoroughly tested the SAP functionalities in all areas of warehouse operations including Production, Transportation, Direct Store Delivery and Inventory.
- Identified and pursued the opportunities intended for the program screenflow to be more user friendly allowing the business users to ‘complete the play’ on the VMUs.
- Ensured proper communication between the business team and the IT team and managed the meetings with help desk on the prioritization of open tickets in a weekly basis.
- Prepared and presented the project key learnings and action plan to the WMS implementation team for each WMS site after go-live
Global SAP SCE Team Leader
- Responsible for team formation including recruitment of team members, new hire orientations, time allocation/tracking, prioritizing tasks and assign resources, balancing workload, planning & approvals of holidays and on-call schedules, weekly status meetings to sustain delivery & results analysis, performance evaluations and appraisals.
- Supervised the complex enhancement work assignments, monthly plans & delivery commitments, solution alignment with project teams, audit reporting, transport release management and KPI reports.
- Motivated the team members to keep the productivity over 100% in incident ticket resolution and delivery of functional enhancements while controlling the costs by most effective use of reliable resources.
- Successfully accomplished delivering complex projects such as warehouse performance reporting using labor management interface with Manhattan, customer labels and several new RF implementations.
- Managing high visibility and top priority projects by coordinating multiple (SD, EDI, ABAP and SCE) teams to keep aftermarket operating as it was targeting for retail sales.
- Managed support of 24X7 time critical business operations such as warehouse shipping with less or no disruption to the business.
- Responsible for comprehensive SIR (significant incident report) on business-critical issues and ensuring root cause analysis and permanent resolution.
- Management of third party suppliers - SAP ACS resources for delivering customer specific labels in different SAP systems ranging from 4.0 to 5.0; T-Systems resources for delivering activities related to production support.
- Implemented new initiatives such as printer standardization across all OE plants and archiving handling units.
- Heavily involved in process improvements for complex warehouses, streamlining the warehouse picking with handling units, fine-tuning the planning cockpit, creating custom report to calculate the estimated shipment calculation.
- Analyzed and solved complex system problems as part of the overall SAP MM - Procurement support process, including: purchase orders, release strategies, and Intercompany STO’ Confidential .
- Provided coaching to junior team members and business owners on SAP MM and procurement solutions. Document issues and solutions as problems are addressed
- Responsible for ECatt script development for regression test automation and trained the team to perform extensive regression tests.
- Designed new sales order types, item categories, sales area assignment to document types, schedule lines, copy control routines, and developed user exit for sales areas to be excluded from ATP check
- Coordinated and managed the consultants through recruitment, selection, on boarding and workload management for post go-live support
MM Team Lead
- Engaged as the requisition to check (RTC) team lead working directly with the senior business process owners and leading a team of three functional configurators.
- Assisted in the design and development of all project deliverables and ensured the client acceptance.
- Project scope includes multiphase MM implementation of three divisions.
- Responsibilities included leading and managing business team through every phase of an SAP implementation, from the initial assessment through post-go-live support.
- Guided the functional configuration team in mapping existing process to future business process in SAP
- Mentored the team members to gain proficiency in configuration activities and test plans.
- Led and participated in meetings and workshops to collect information, demonstrate possible solutions, and complete business process design. Designed and implemented custom serial number solution for bin management, first in first out process for Casket distribution centers.
- Assisted in designing solutions for third party billing by allowing the customer billing prior to vendor invoice.
- Involved in setting up the special procurement keys in MRP and costing views of material master for 60 + plants and attended plant cost roll discussions.
- Designed standard solution for the third party returns with credit memo and return delivery to vendor.
- Configured batch management & uploaded classification views of material master for the Ink materials of MPD division.
- Configured the system to support business process requirements and prepared functional specifications for uploads of vendor master, material master, purchase orders and inventory using both automatic conversion programs & Quadrate MDX tool. Heavily used Quadrate MDX tool to load vendor master, PIR records, inventory and for mass updates.
- Provided functional specifications and assisted the development team in designing a report tree for all MM custom reports including PIR report, on hand physical inventory, PO sequencing and printing shop tickets for the serialized materials.
- Prepared functional specifications for all custom RF barcode scanner transactions such as RF goods receipt, RF delivery load, RF Casket locator, RF bin update and RF physical inventory without WM.
- Executed unit and integration testing. Assisted business users in user acceptance testing scenarios.
- Executed successful cut-over for master data loads, PO loads and inventory loads for all three Go-lives.
- Worked with all teams including functional, data conversion, technical, basis, security,, deployment and production support teams to provide oversight and to assist in problem resolution.
- Gathered and analyzed the business requirements during the initial gap analysis phase.
- Facilitated presentations include SAP standard functionality overview during Fit Gap workshops, solution demonstration at the integration testing with business, train the trainer sessions for the power users and knowledge transfer to the support group.
- Documented the list of SCE gaps for change control committee approval.
- Extensively involved in complete configuration of business processes for three warehouses.
- Configured in MM & WM custom movement types with accurate account assignments for the business to add or remove stock directly in the storage bins.
- Involved in cross-functional activities such as vendor returns, component level batch determination, PP interface with WM, automatic inbound delivery creation, cross-docking process and shipping point /picking location determination.
- Provided support for various sub modules of Sales and Distribution like Sales, Shipping, Delivery due list, Billing, SD/FI integration, Pricing, and Output Determination
- Prepared detailed functional specifications along with high level technical details for the custom RF and non-RF business transactions. Added end to end business process Visio diagrams in each functional specification document.
- Designed the custom interfaces with UPS and FEDEX to print shipping labels for processing small packages and designed transfer order labels.
- Implemented custom RF barcode scanner transactions: put away by transfer order, put away by handling unit, picking/packing with handling units, re-box to staging lane move for sales BOM materials, parcel process with pick/pack in second step confirmation, loading and bin to bin.
- Extensively involved in the functional unit/integration testing on all the custom developments.
- Involved in using vendor implementation tools such as Mercury for creating test plans, test labs and creating/resolving/tracking/closing the defects.
- Provided support to master data team in data uploads, prepared and executed cut-over checklist during the blackout period of Go-live. Documented the inbound, outbound and internal processes of WM.
- Assisted the warehouse business users to complete the daily shipping activities when the RF barcode scanner guns went down due to the programming performance issues during the post Go-live support.
- Gained considerable knowledge with Task and Resource Management module (TRM).
Lead MM/WM Consultant
- Facilitated workshops on various purchasing, inventory management and warehouse management modules.
- Gathered and analyzed the business requirements interactively with business process owners.
- Prepared the blueprint on MM and WM modules and submitted for the business review.
- Designed custom RF barcode scanner transactions for goods receipt, goods issue and bin to bin.
- Configured special procurement processes: inter and intra company stock transport orders and sub-contracting processes in MM.
- Configured two warehouses including standard putaway, picking strategies, automatic fixed bin replenishment and production replenishment in WM.
Lead MM Consultant
- Provided a step-by-step strategy for designing and transitioning to best business practices supported by SAP R/3. Analyzed gaps and designed the system to map business processes.
- Extensively involved in discovery workshops for Blueprinting, business process prototyping and configuration, integration testing, end user which led to effective knowledge transfer to core team members and end users.
- Configured Intercompany stock transfer, vendor returns, purchase requisition release strategies cost center specific for non-inventory purchases and customer consignment.
- Assisted the business team in QM master data set up and transactions to record the results at the receipt.
- Created new movement type to post the cost of goods sold to separate account from standard COGS account to in corporate the business requirement. Validated the MM/FI Integration for the automatic account assignment to use proper accounts with their respective posting keys.
- Prepared functional specifications for purchase order complete layout change, label printing and goods receipt form change and coordinated developments with ABAP programmer.
- Involved in the legacy system data conversion of material & vendor masters, PIR records and inventory.
- Supported entire Materials Management cycle from purchasing through Inventory management and Invoice verification process.
Lead WM Consultant
- Monitored the warehouse activities and provided solutions to the day to day issues.
- Provided all relative IT support to assist Dallas DC stabilization effort. Successfully reached the goals in verifying the receiving, put-away, cycle-count, order picking, shipping processes/data-flow.
- Evaluated the SAP reports and verified the Metrics.
- Identified and documented the areas of risk and opportunity, prepared the process maps and raised the change control requests for process improving as part of the stabilization plan.
- Resolved issues in printing the billing documents, extending the Material Master records and advised to implement storage unit management process to fulfill the business need to have a pallet Id.
- Trained the distribution clerks, export coordinators, distribution leads, and supervisors, material handlers, receiving personnel and shipping personnel in WM processes to the fullest satisfaction of the client. The curriculum consists of SAP Overview, WM procedures including all the RF transactions, posting changes and physical inventory.
- Configured standard procurement processes, inventory management and logistics invoice verification.
- Configured release procedures for Purchase Orders with multi-level approvals based on the amount limits, Scheduling Agreements with release and output determination for purchase orders and scheduling agreements, changed the pricing procedure as per business requirement.
- Involved in the process of creating and testing of unit and Integration test scenarios.
- Configured and redesigned the business process for STO with Delivery, Return to Vendor with Delivery and Subcontracting process with delivery.
- Configured and formulated procedures for Goods Receipts, Goods Issues and Transfer postings.
- Monitored and tested EDI transmissions like 830-Outbound Delivery forecasting (DELFOR) to vendor and 862-Just-in-Time delivery schedule (DELJIT).
- Provided support for Mobile data entry transactions and resolved EDI related issues.
- Extensively involved in the end users in purchasing, Inventory management and materials planning processes.
- Prepared the end user documentation and provided post Go-live production support.
- Project is implemented by using ASAP methodology. Involved in the QADB and Business Blueprint preparation in MM and WM modules.
- Designed custom serial number solution for pallets (bottles). The manufacturing and sold to information of pallets is stored in custom tables for traceability.
- Involved in the design of a custom Order Monitor (stock transport order, third party and Sales order) to track the status of order for delivery creation, picking confirmation and goods issue.
- Configured release (approval) procedure with classification up to three levels for purchase requisitions.
- Customized the PO form and the billing addresses on the Purchase order were determined based on the custom table where plant vendors are assigned to each ordering plant.
- Involved in picking location determination in deliveries, automatic WM transfer orders and transfer order split based on different storage types.
- Created new storage types and storage sections and new movement types as per business requirement.
- Developed the testing scenarios and Business Process Procedures (BPPs) in MM and WM modules. Tested Warehouse Management module design and integration with other modules.
- Developed functional specifications for Material Master, Info Record, and Vendor master uploads.