- 15+ years of experience in Information Technology which includes SAP BASIS and HANA administration, UNIX system administration, enterprise monitoring, and software development in UNIX and mainframe environments.
- Extensively worked as SAP BASIS Administrator, monitored and administered SAP systems, supported SAP implementations, performed client administration, system copies, transports, and backup administration
- Proficient working on HANA system administration, system migrations, upgrades, backup and restoration.
- Experience working on file system management, user and group management, access controls, software release management, NIS, FLEXLM license management, application support, data backup and restore, rack - mounting of servers as a UNIX Administrator.
- Enterprise administrator skills included working on BSM Service Models, dashboards, and application monitoring for ORACLE, SAP ABAP and JAVA Stacks, Web Logic systems, Operating systems, Web Pages, log files, processes, and services.
- Proficient working on software development in UNIX and Mainframe environments.
Hardware: SUN Servers, HP Servers, IBM servers, Intel servers
Operating System: HP-UX, Sun Solaris, AIX, LINUX, WINDOWS
Software Tools: SAP HANA STUDIO, SAPHAHA COCKPIT, SUM, SLT, HP SAM, Omni Back-II, VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Net Backup, FTP, TELNET, ETRUST Access Control, Solaris Security Tool Kit, SSH, LVM, Solstice Disk suite, BMC Patrol Classic Console, BMC Agent, BMC PATROL KMs, BPPM, BMC PSL, PCONFIG, PATROL Event Manager, BEM, SIM, PCM, BMC Impact Explorer, BMC Impact Portal, Model Editor, BEM(Cell), RSMs, Proactive Analytics(PNET), BMC Perform / Predict, Sitescope, CONTROL-SA, ETRUST Access Controls, Remedy Service Desk tool
Languages: Unix Shell Scripts (bash, K-Shell, C), AWK, Perl, HTML, XML, C, COBOL, SQL, Pro *C, ABAP
RDBMS: SAP HANA, Oracle, DB2, SQL server, SAS
Framework(s): TOGAF (the Open Group Architecture Framework)
Confidential, TROY, MI
SAP HANA/BASIS Administration
- Perform Kernel Upgrades, add-on and support Packages, Enhanced Package Upgrades, Host Agent Installation, Client package installations.
- Perform Change & Transport Management, system tuning, Analyzing Early Watch Reports
- Configure and manage SAP HANA Systems
- Involve in configuring High Availability with host failover and migrating ORACLE DB to HANA
- Involve in conversion of ECC to SAP S4HANA and perform SAP environment migration from on premise running on DB2 to HANA platform in the cloud
- Monitor HANA instances via Solution Manager
- Configure and administer high availability (clustering), using HANA LCM tool
- Manage backups, using DBA Calendar
- Integrate third party tool for backup via BackInt into SAP HANA
- Perform HANA DB Upgrades, Data refresh and trouble-shoot HANA issues
- Monitor alerts from the SAP HANA Systems and perform client and system copies
- Perform HANA DB Upgrades, Data Refresh, Change & Transport Management, Monitoring alerts from the SAP HANA Systems.
- Identify and assist in resolution of infrastructure, operating system, and database issues.
Environment: Linux Servers, AIX servers, Oracle DB, BR Tools, SAP HANA, HANA Studio, HANA Cockpit, SUM, HDBLCM, SQL PLUS, HANA S/4 HANA, Solution Manager
Confidential, DETROIT, MI
SAP BASIS Administration
- Central system administration via Solution Manager
- Configured and monitored via CCMS Alert Monitor
- Performed client and system copies
- Performed Change and Transport management
- Scheduled and maintained background jobs
- Managed backups, using DBA Calendar
- Performed user management
- Performed SLT administration
Environment: Linux Servers, Software: Oracle DB, SAP ECC, BW, DBA Calendar, CCMS Alert Monitor, SQL PLUS, SAP MMC, Solution Manager
Confidential, MOORESVILLE, NC
SAP BASIS Administration
- Performed Full life cycle project implementation and configuration
- Performed Configuring and maintaining SAP Solution Manager
- Performed Change and Transport management
- Performed migrations, systems configurations, storage management, database backups.
Environment: Linux Servers, SAP ECC, BW, CRM, DBA Calendar, CCMS Alert Monitor, SQL PLUS, SAP MMC, Solution Manager, ORACLE DB, TREX
Confidential, PHOENIX, AZ
Service Impact Management Support
- Written new MRI rules to enrich the event message, and severity
- Defined new BOROC classes for creating new tables
- Mapped events to service models thru’ aliases and alias formulae
- Supported Remedy Incident, Problem, and Change managements
- Wrote Perl scripts to extract the affected services from the database and display them on the dash-board.
- Configured scan configurations in ADDM and discovered network elements
- Worked with BPPM: PNet, MRI rules, BAROC classes, Impact explorer, Capacity optimization
- Administrated BPPM Proactive Network analyzer (PNet)- defined global, Instance, absolute, signature thresholds, executed PNet SYNCs, created performance reports and views, added users, and was involved in installation of PNet (ProactiveNet Analytics).
Environment: AIX Servers and LPARs, Windows Servers, BEM, SIM, BMC Impact Manager, Model Editor, BMC Impact Explorer (IX), Impact Portal, Remedy Service Desk (Incident Management, Change Management), Atrium CMDB, Sitescope, Gomez, ADDM
Infrastructure Monitoring Administration
- Installed BMC Portal, RSMs, BMC Performance Managers, Impact Event Manager (BEM)
- Implemented Oracle Monitoring, SAP Monitoring, MSSQL Monitoring, AIX Monitoring, Windows Monitoring, Process Monitoring, Log Monitoring, URL Monitoring, Application Monitoring
- Installed and configured BMC agents (BPPM) to monitor Oracle Data Guard and ORACLE ASM,
- Administered Proactive Network analyzer (PNet) - defined global and instance thresholds, executed PNet SYNCs, created performance reports and views, added users, and was involved in installation of PNet (ProactiveNet Analytics).
- As a part of transition team, involved in transferring the knowledge to operations team of Confidential
Environment: IBM Frames, LPARS; Windows Virtual Servers, Windows 2000, 2003, AIX 5.X; BMC Impact Manager, BMC Impact Portal, BMC Impact explorer, BMC Impact Adapters Performance Managers, JBOSS Application server, and Proactive Analytics
Confidential, AUBURN HILLS, MI
Monitoring Infrastructure Engineer
- Engineered and implemented BPPM monitoring solution for Web Logic and ORACLE applications - collected monitoring requirements, and constructed monitoring solution using WebLogic KM and ORACLE KMs, developed operations guides and scripts to automate the deployment of engineered solution
- Supported 1000 monitored hosts: configured monitoring for log files, processes, UNIX and windows operating systems using BMC Classic Console, alert forwarding
- Monitored the services and URLs, using Sitescope
- Maintained customs KM using PSL (BPPM)
Environment: HP servers and Solaris servers/zones, HP-UX 11i; Sun Solaris 8, 9, 10; PATROL Console, PATROL agent, BPPM, PATROL KMS (WebLogic KMs, ORACLE KM, customized KMs, EON, VCC, PSL (Patrol Scripting Language)
Confidential, SAN ANTONIO, TX
- Implemented password synchronizing by using CONTROL-SA
- Configured performance reports using BMC Perform/Predict
- Migrated HP OpenView monitoring to BMC monitoring (PATROL 3.X)
- Provided monitoring application support using Remedy
Environment: HP, SUN servers, HP-UX, Solaris 9, Solaris 10, Remedy HP OpenView Monitoring, BMC Classic Console, Agents, BMC Service assurance
Confidential, ALLEN PARK, MI
- Secured resources(files, processes, setuid and setgid programs) in UNIX and Windows, defined user roles (Admin, Auditor, Operator, Password manager )
- Implemented surrogating, restricted login, password policies
- Provided technical support for eTrust Access Control which was installed on 1000 servers
Environment: Sun, HP, IBM, Windows2000 servers, HP-UX 11i, 10.20; Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, Solaris8, Windows 2000, AIX4.x, eTrust Access Control 5.1, 5.2
Confidential, WARREN, MI
- Provided application support for (CAE) engineering work environment that included 40 engineering applications, 450 HP, Sun, and IRIS workstations spread across three sites.
- Involved in installing and configuring work load balancing by LSF
- Installed and administered ORACLE8i/ORACLE9i database; Written PL/SQL scripts, loaded data into ORACLE database
- Installed N4000 midrange HP server connecting to EMC 5430 disk array
- Using PERL and HTML, developed tools to generate HTML reports on license usage, and integrated these web pages into GM’s secured website.
- Using TCP/IP socket programming, for web submitter application, written client and server scripts in PERL to submit jobs to configured compute server, through load balancing software LSF. Web Submitter is a client server application that enables user submit the job to any of configured compute servers in the network.
- Provided second level customer support by solving VANTIVE problem tracking system tickets
- Using Veritas NetBackup, restored data
Environment: HP N4000, EMC 5340, EMC SOLERA, Sun 6800, Ultras, 450, 4500, Sun Enterprise 450, 3500, HPUX 11, 10.20; Sun Solaris 2.6, 2.7, 8, 9; Win2K; Veritas Netback up 3.4, Omni back 4.0, Veritas Volume Manager, BMC Patrol 3.X, Tivoli Access Manager, HP OpenView Monitoring
- In UNISYS mainframe environment; involved in designing, developing, and supporting 1. Revenue Accounting System used to generates customer bills, 2. Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) used to exchange bank transactions electronically, and 3. APECS.View used to generate reports on student administration.
- Developed, modified, and tested online and inquiry programs using COBOL, DMSII, COMS, WFL, and DASDL in UNISYS mainframe environment
- Modified screens using SDF (Screen Design Facility) in UNISYS mainframe environment
- Involved in reorganizing the database DMSII in UNISYS mainframe environment
- Tested programs using Dminquiry, Dmutility, Dumpall, and ICD (debugger) tools in UNISYS mainframe environment