- Confidential is a SAP Certified Sr. IT Principal Architect having around 16+ years of Professional IT Experience in Business Analytics using SAP tools BI/BW/BO/HANA.
- He has 12+ years of Architect/Manager/Team Lead Experience.
- He has Implemented Successfully 5 full life cycle BI/BW projects and 6 upgrade projects from BW 3.1/3.5 to BW 7.0, 7.1, 7.3, 7.4x & BW on HANA. He is currently working with Confidential - Confidential, Foxboro, MA.
- To improve managerial experience, he is currently Pursuing MBA with specialization Business Analytics from UMASS Amherst.
- SAP BW/BI/HANA - Certified Solution Consultant.
- Worked Extensively in BI/BO 4.x, BW 7.4 /7.3/7.1/ 7.0/3.5/3.1/2.1 C versions
- Experienced in BW system Upgrade to HANA Database
- Lead many successful BW Projects as a Team lead managing teams from both Onsite and Offshore and worked with global teams as well.
- Experienced in implementing IT Projects using Agile Methodologies.
- Successfully completed Project Management program as per PMBOK guidelines.
- Good at preparing project charter, business blueprint docs and requirement spec docs as per PMI guidelines and using Agile Methodologies.
- Experienced in maintenance of SAP BW System running on HANA Database.
- Experienced in using BOBJ/Business Objects BI 4.x toolsets like Design Studio for designing dashboards and Reporting Analytical tools like SAP Analysis for Office & WEBI.
- Experienced in Business Objects and BI Platform Administration.
- Experience in BW system upgrade and in setting up fresh BW Systems in the landscape.
- Good Knowledge in SAP ECC/R/3 modules like SD, MM, IM/WM, PP, PM, QM, FI-AP/AR/GL, CO-PA, CO-PC, CCA, CO-OM, SCM APO DP & SNP Modules.
- Strong at BW 7.x Security and Analysis Authorization concepts (Structural and classic)
- Good Knowledge in other SAP Net weaver sub components like KM & Portals.
- Strong at Data Extraction, Modeling and Reporting phases of BW/BI.
- Expertise in SAP ECC Extraction Process including Logistics Cockpit & Generic Extraction.
- Knowledge in Tableau, Lumeria Dashboard reporting tools.
- Experience in Developing Web Reports using BO Design studio, WEBI and integrating them into BI/Netweaver Portals.
- Experience in BW BPS/BI IP and extracted data for IP/BPS requirements into Real time cubes and direct update DSO’s.
- Good in developing planning functions both of Fox and Abap exit type for the Integrated Planning/IP applications/Planning Layouts.
- Experienced in CRM BW data Extraction and Analytics process and good knowledge in CRM TPM, marketing Analysis, Leads & Opportunity Analysis.
- Knowledge in ECC HR Modules like Organizational Management OM, Personal Administration PA & HCM Payroll.
- Good at SAP APO-DP Configuration like Generation of CVC’s, creating MPOS, dataviews, Planning Book and macros. Good Knowledge in forecasting methods like univariate forecasting methods, MLR & Composite Forecasting.
- Worked on Extraction of APO Planned data from Live Cache into SAP BI/BW.
- Knowledge in BPC concepts like Datamanager, Creating Dimensions, Applications, Transformations, reports input schedules and other functions which are available in BPC.
- Expertise in Writing User exit Abap Code for R/3 Datasource enhancements/user exits and Customer exit Variables. Strong at writing oops Abap in Transformations by using expert, start & end routines, Classes and BADI Interfaces.
- Strong in ABAP programming such as creating Reports, Function modules & data dictionary.
- Experience in SAP BI ETL, daily Operations support & Maintenance Projects.
- Worked extensively in Performance Tuning of BW Objects like Infocubes, Queries, Aggregates, Indices, statistics, Process chains etc and build index’s on BI Accelerator/BWA services to improve query performance and good at Release Change Management Process.
- Experienced in preparation of PMI project plan and monitored the tasks and other items.
- Experienced in Production support and maintenance of existing BW applications.
- Good at BI/BW Users in usage of Business Reports using AOO Analysis for office, BEX Analyzer, Portal, BO WEBI, & in data Validation or reconciliation when compared with Source system.
- Solution management / ASAP implementation methodology expertise.
- Domain: Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing, Financials, Is-Media, Is-Retail, CPG Consumer Packaged Goods, Supply chain, Chemical, Food Processing, Health care & Insurance.
SAP BI Principal IT Architect
Confidential, Foxboro, MA
Environment: Business Objects 4.1x, BW 7.4, Hana DB 102, ECC6.5
- Developed Plan to Migrate all Obsolete Objects to HANA Objects.
- Converted all Multiproviders to CP’s/Composite Providers and copied all Queries and adjusted reports accordingly.
- Developed ADSO’s/Advanced DSO’s wherever it is required and continued to use the standard DSO’s as per business requirements.
- Designed plan to Modify existing data model for the requirement of new objects in HANA such as Composite providers etc.
- Migrated sales, Purchasing, Inventory and Manufacturing area data model objects.
- Lead the Project End to End right from pre-study to full migration and support of BI system on HANA.
- Followed up with senior management to get budget approvals for the project.
- Worked with Third party vendor to deliver the hardware and implement the agreed project services on time as per planned schedule.
- Worked with the Offshore and Onsite team to do regression testing of content, modify the existing Legacy BW objects to Advanced HANA Content.
- Prepared Project documentation and presented to senior management from time to time during the duration of the project.
- Managed a team of 10 from BI Team and 3 rd party vendor teams to implement this project successfully.
- Conducted meetings twice a week to know the status of the tasks that are being implemented as per Project schedule.
- Maintained MS Project schedule and MS Excel and tracked all the Project activities.
- Lead the project to implement Purchasing, Accounts Payable and General Ledger and manufacturing reports in BI following agile process. conducted many Demos and workshops with the business users to understand the business requirements of both Spend, Manufacturing and Purchasing users
- Designed the high-level data flow with in BI system and worked with both the Onsite and Offshore Teams to deliver the business requested reports and Dashboards.
- Conducted weekly Status meetings with Onsite and Offshore teams throughout the Duration of the Project and worked on requirements as per planned schedule.
- Developed Dashboards using Design Studio and Analytic reports using Business Objects Analysis for office and WEBI/Web Intelligence.
- Did prestudy and Design solution to migrate all the existing workbooks in BEX Analyzer to Business Objects Analysis for office tool.
- Lead the Project successfully to migrate all users who were using BEX to new BO AOO.
- Worked with the Cross team to migrate Role security from BW to BOBJ
- Sales order intake was storing duplicate records and sometimes the net value was doubled in the reports, in this project I have designed a new solution to calculate Sales Order intake value in an overwrite mode and combined data from the both ECC systems.
- Developed open hub destinations and replaced custom ABAP programs to extract data out from BW system.
- Developed Custom Data sources from ECC and combined with the existing sales data model for effective reporting.
- Lead weekly Technical & Functional status meetings and discussed all the outstanding issues in the project.
SAP BW/BOBJ IT Lead Architect
Confidential, Santa Monica, CA .
- Worked as technical Lead Architect in analyzing business requirements for CPM Planning projects for calculated Base line, Key account Base volume & KA - DP allocation Projects.
- Created High level architecture design documents as per process for both the projects.
- Created project plan and listed all the techno functional activities involved in both the projects.
- Monitored over all solution and the progress of the projects and updated the status to the management team from time to time.
- Worked part of the upgrade of upgrade Netweaver BW running on SQL DB to HANA DB
- Worked in conversion of all Infoproviders into Hana optimized Infoproviders.
- Designed new Hana specific Infoproviders like Composite provider and built Queries and reports on top of this new Infoprovider.
- Converted Regular cubes and DSO’s to Hana Compatible after database migration to HD.
- Designed Smoothing logic for the CRM-TPM data in BW to initialize base volume data in the IP planning layouts.
- Developed IP Planning functions for Reposting data from one currency to another.
- Designed data model for key account base volume DP integration allocation process.
- Developed planning layouts for adjusting the initial calculated allocation factors.
- Created Planning function of type Formula using Fox/ABAP User exit for copy and to generate characteristic combinations.
- Successfully integrated CRM User Interface with the IP Planning reports for a created Promotion using RRI enhancement.
- Developed validation reports/workbooks using BI Analysis for office tool (excel version).
- Created documents for the power and end users to use the CPM planning applications.
SAP BW/BOBJ Lead Architect
Confidential, Andover, MA
- Conducted workshops with Business teams to understand current application and business requirements.
- Designed Complete project data model and data flow Architecture using BW 7.3, BO WEBI 4.0 & Web Dynpro 7.3 tools of SAP.
- Implemented Sap ECC modules of sales SD, Deliveries, Billing, Purchasing, FI-GL, Inventory, Project systems in SAP BW 7.3.
- Worked on system upgrade from BW 7.0 to BW 7.3 system. Performed regression test and tackled the system bugs during transport of Transformations across the BW landscape.
- Designed Project critical Write back of data model by hooking BO Web Intelligence or WEBI Detail Reports and SAP WEB DYNPRO Application (designed in BW 7.3) from SAP Portal into BW Transactional or Direct update DSO’s and enabled Real time reporting in the BO Dashboards for the changes done in Web Dynpro web pages according to the business requirements.
- Designed objects in BW to store write back of data including comments more than 2000 chars, Forecast & Actual sales Revenue dates modifications and other Characteristic infoobjects data from Web Dynpro pages which are integrated into Sap Portal.
- Modeled backend Architecture for monthly & Quarterly snapshots using Infosets in Warehouse/Staging layer for better loading performance as well as improving reporting performance.
- Developed Queries using Bex Query Designer and used Bex Analyzer to Create Bex workbooks with custom macros according to the GPP Project Chart requirements.
- Worked with Security team to design security model or 7.0 Analysis Authorizations for the project in BW backend as well as in BO WEBI.
- Designed Solution Indication, ABP, KT documents to Operations and maintenance team.
- Worked on preparing data flow documents and project user guide documents and trained Key business users.
SAP HR-BW/BI Lead Architect
- Worked on Business Blueprint doc, Requirements specifications, Realization & Testing Phases of the project for the Implementation of SAP HR/HTR
- Lead the project and conducted workshops with Business users to gather HR requirements.
- Lead the project meetings to analyze requirement gaps for the Merck-Schering-Plough Synchronization/Harmonization Project.
- Responsible for implementation of SAP HR modules Organizational Management OM, Personal Management/Administration PA, E-Recruiting, Compensation Management, Payroll modules from HR ECC 6.0 in BI 7.0.
- Implemented Complex HR Security using Structural Values & Hierarchy DSO's and generated authorizations using 7.0 Analysis objects in RSECADMIN.
- Developed Custom HR security for Coe's or Functional, Managers and Employees and addressed Predecessor manager security problem.
- Created Design documents, technical specifications, and mercury test scripts to validate data as per the client's regulatory process.
- Lead the project meetings to analyze requirement gaps for the Merck US go-live & EUCANI projects.
- Worked on Implementation of ECC modules QM, PM, PP, Inventory, FBM/FI-GL, COPA, Planning (BPS), Intercompany reporting from ECC 6.0 and APO DP & SNP of SCM modules in BI 7.0 for US and EUCANI Implementations.
SAP BW/BI Lead Architect
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Worked as a Lead Architect for the Design of Project Charter, Business Blueprint and Requirements specification, Realization, Testing & Go-live Phases.
- Responsible for system landscape design & architecture.
- Involved in Implementation of Accounts Payable (AP), Asset accounting (AA), Project Systems (Internal Order, network Activity, WBS elements) Inventory, Purchasing (MM/P2P/RTP), Special Purpose ledger (SPL),Investment Management(IM), Organizational Management OM, Personal Management/Administration PA of HR Modules from SAP ECC 6.0/R/3 in BI 7.0.
- Responsible for Upgrade of BW 3.5 system to BI 7.0.
- Performed Regression Test during the Process of Upgrade from BW 3.5 to Netweaver 2004s/BI 7.0 and solved all issues encountered during the BI 7.0 Upgrade Process.
- Designed data model for HR Positions, Staffing data, employee (both MD & Tran data) and other relevant pay data and delivered reports as per HR requirements in NSC.
- Integrated Philips and Respironics Fiscal Year calendars in the same InfoProviders according to the business requirements of different business units and Transformed total history data.
- Maintained PMI Project plan according to ASAP Methodology and monitored the tasks and items.
- Use to attend Steering Committee meetings and Scheduled Status update meetings with the stake holders of the Project and updated the Project Plan accordingly.
SAP BW Architect
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Involved in Requirements Gathering, System Design, Build, test and post go live activities.
- Implemented Production Planning/PP-PI, CO-PC (product Costing), Cost Center Accounting/CCA, CO-OM (Internal Orders), Purchasing/P2P, Plant Maintenance/PM, Quality Management/QM, Inventory, Project Systems & Accounts Receivables/FI-AR, Payables modules from R/3ECC 6.0 in BI 7.0.
- Prepared SOP’s, Functional & Technical Specs and other documentation stuff as per the process for the business requirements.
- Migrated 3.x DataSources to BI 7.0, Created Transformations, DTP’s (data Transfer process) for both delta & full.
- Reduced huge ABAP code which was required for enhancing R/3 DataSources by modifying some structures in LO Cockpit extraction process
- For the TPM Project (Trade Promotions Management) Reporting requirements extracted Pricing information from ECC to BW.
- Found lot of bugs in lower support packs and applied OSS notes as per requirements, also recommended solutions to Confidential in few bugs.
- Lead sessions to various business user groups for reports and technical stuff.
Sr.SAP BI/BPS/IP Consultant
- Involved in holding discussions with users to discuss KPI’s and requirement specifications.
- Worked on Extraction of Sales data for Trade Promotions and other Analytics information into BW system and build reports as per business needs.
SAP BW Lead Consultant
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Analyzed complete business Requirements as per KPI’s designed and delivered feasible solutions to the Users.
- Involved in Requirements Gathering, System Design, Build, test and support activities.
- Worked as a lead Consultant and managed BW team in offshore.
- Worked in Purchasing/RTP/P2P, Sales&Distribution/OTC, General Ledger/FI-GL, Accounts payable/FI-AP, Accounts Receivables/FI-AR modules of SAP R/3.
- Worked in COPA Extraction process and Involved in enhancement of cubes & ODS objects and written ABAP code in user exists to populate new fields as per requirement.
- Extracted Production Planning/PP, sales/SD and Purchasing/MM data from SAP R/3 using Logistics Cockpit Extraction/LO Extraction process.
SAP BW Lead Consultant
- Worked on CRM data Extraction process.
- Involved in Extraction of Leads, Opportunities, Quotations & Business Partner data into BW system.
- Worked with generic extraction for Business partner Attributes & Territory data from CRM system to BW.
- Worked with Queries like Opportunity Pipeline report, Pipeline analysis per region report and sales volume forecast report