- International business and technology experience in government, law, oil, and private industry, with an emphasis on business intelligence and reporting, research, database analysis, data quality, application development, data warehousing, and focusing on results - driven and cost-effective strategies.
- SAP Dashboard Design (formerly Xcelsius) 2 years
- Crystal Reports 2013/2011/2008/ XIRI/XIRII/9 16 years
- SAP Business Objects - Build and Reverse Engineer Web Intelligence (Webi)
- Reports, BI Web Services, Business/Functional/System Requirements Crystal Reports 2011/2008/XIRI:II/XI3/4.1/ePortfolio 9, Central Management
- Console (CMC), Central Management Server (CMS) Administration, Cross-tabs Data Analysis and Quality, Data Visualization (SAP BO 4.1 and earlier), SAP BO
- Data Services (BODS) ETL, Explorer, Infoview Administration and Security Performance Improvement and Optimization, Remedy, SharePoint, Unit/Integration Testing, Universe Designer (data source connection/schema design/creation of alias sources and contexts/joins, classes, subclasses and objects, dimensions, details and measures, hierarchies, define list of values, security, deployment), Visio 12 years
- Tableau, Talend, LogiXML (thoroughly analyzed for potential major government contract) .25 year
- IBM DB2 3 years
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 7 years
- Oracle 8i/10g/11g 8 years
- PowerBuilder 3 years
- Sybase 3 years
- Unix 3 years
- PL/SQL 10 years
- SAS <1 year
- SQL 12 years
- SQR 2 years
- Toad 9 years
- Data governance, quality (BRs, Data Profiling, ETL, TRs) 1 year
- Data warehousing, Gap Analysis 3 years
- Upgrade from GMaps to CMaps Analytics .50 year
- Data Dictionaries, Develop Requirements (Business - Use Case, Functional - client interviews, System - technical team discussions), JAD Sessions, Logical and Physical
- Data Flow Diagrams, gap analysis, conversion mapping documentation, data transformation, Microsoft Project, Network Architecture Modeling, Prezi presentations, Proof of Concept, Process Specifications, Technical Writing, Visio Plans, Vision and Scope (Charter, SOW and Fixed Costs, Financial Ratio Analysis, POC, Momentum Matrix), VSS 14 years
Confidential, Washington, DC
SAP Business Intelligence Consultant
- Conversion of legacy Crystal Reports presenting federal caseload data for the ninety-four Districts.
- Consolidate and streamline the reports, extract Tables and Views, utilize sub-reports, parameters and filters to provide multiple views into the data, analyze and document legacy views, perform unit and system test/validation tasks comparing results with Cognos reporting application, maintain technical and user documentation, and review and test the Quarterly DAS website charts for anomalies.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Business Intelligence Dashboard and Reporting Consultant
- Business Intelligence Consultant contracted with the Department of Defense at Confidential to develop Dashboarding and Reporting solutions for the Federal Facilities and Building Management Division: tools included BIRT Actuate and F-Type iHub, retrieving from Trirega and Maximo data sources (Oracle 11g).
Confidential, Washington, DC
SAP BO Business Intelligence Dashboard Design/Webi/BODS (ETL) Consultant
- Contracted with the Office of the Undersecretary for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs, and the Bureau of Human Resources, to develop and maintain SAP BI Dashboards and related components.
- Involved in the upgrade from SAP XIr2 to SAP 4.1 (OpenNet and Azure Cloud environments), Oracle 10g to 11g, GMaps to CMaps Analytics (GIS), and other components related to the Dashboards.
- Update and maintain Universe tables, create derived tables, SAP Central Management Console (CMC), monitor nightly batch jobs, update user Dashboard access based upon training needs, arrival at Post, etc.
- Maintain the update data process for the Dashboard data feeds via SAP Data Services (BODS) ETL.
- Update, maintain, and test the .xml connections and LiveOffice connections following revisions made to the Dashboards.
- Develop, update, and maintain new Dashboards, Webis, and Crystal Reports upon request.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
BI Dashboard and Data Visualization Specialist
- Develop business and technical requirements (DB2, SAS, Excel, Pivot Tables, SAP BO 4.1, Webi, Explorer, Dashboards) for monthly funnel.
- Encourage standardized team approach towards development of Dashboards that would automate and replace the existing cumbersome manual process, and provide the client with future what if analysis capability.
Confidential, Germantown, MD
SAP BO Crystal/Xcelsius/Dashboard Reporting and Database Analysis Specialist
- Lead, guide and mentor Reporting Team towards enterprise reporting standardization, PL/SQL analysis, data structures, database schemas, identity mappings and gap analysis.
- Analyze status of legacy and current Crystal Reports (Crystal Reports 2008)
- Consider best approach for combining numerous legacy reports into future Dashboards
- Review how to remove duplication of effort among organizational teams
- Attend regular meetings with clients for requirements gathering efforts
- Create Prezi presentation for senior executives, reflecting high level goals and offering suggestions and recommendations for future reporting and Dashboard roadmap (key metrics, KPIs, gap analysis, need for documentation, understanding of data mapping, ownership of processes and security, reporting what-if analysis).
- Work closely with SAP BO (4.0) and Oracle Database Administrators to review data structures, and discuss future plans.
Confidential, Washington, DC
BI Reporting and Data Visualization Specialist/Data Analyst/SAP BO Administration
- SAP Business Objects Enterprise Administration, Central Management Console (CMC), Central Management Server (CMS), Server Installations, Single Sign-on, Active Directory.
- SAP Business Objects Infoview Administration and Security, Dashboards
- Migration of SAP Business Objects Infoview enterprise solution - from ePortfolio and SAP Business Objects XIr2 to SAP Business Objects 4.0, and Crystal Reports XIr2 to 2011.
- Reverse Engineer Web Intelligence (WEBI) Reports, Review Universe Design, Infoview Administration and Security, Service Packs and Portal Upgrades.
- Data Management Services (DMS)/Business Intelligence Program.
- Requirements gathering, specifications, monthly releases, meetings with key personnel, discuss Dashboards for future reporting solution.
- MS SQL Server 2008, SSMS, Oracle 10g, Views, Functions, Stored Procedures, TOAD.
- DevTrack, Remedy, VSS, SharePoint.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Business Intelligence Data Warehouse Analyst
- Team member in the Data Management Services (DMS)/Business Intelligence Program.
- Identified and documented detailed technical and functional requirements in preparation for the new enterprise data warehouse. Interviewed resources from source and target application teams, reviewed technical documentation, data models, and other ETL processes.
- Worked closely with other key personnel to quantify and enhance the data governance and data quality procedures.
- Analyzed data from multiple source systems, tested source to target mappings, provided findings to key individuals.
- Competencies included strong communication and documentation capabilities, attention to detail, Oracle and Microsoft experience - understanding of queries and joins, T-SQL, PL/SQL, query optimization, table structures, conducted data analysis, some modeling knowledge, familiarity with Informatica, Metadata Framework, data quality and integration tools, Peoplesoft, QC, SharePoint, Siebel, Squirrel, Tibco, TOAD, and WebFocus.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Reporting Specialist, Business Intelligence Analyst
- Member of specialty BIIS team, focused on building an SAP BO XI3.1 enterprise reporting solution, publishing Crystal Reports 2008®, Web Intelligence, and future Xcelsius Dashboards within the Infoview portal, and retrieving data from an Oracle database and other sources.
- Build complex Crystal Reports, converting legacy to new solution; work closely with Subject Matter Expert to ensure correct interpretation of former logic and make necessary updates; attend Talend technical workshop and build solid documentation as a foundation for future back-end ETL processes and Universe elements.
- Lead and mentor enterprise reporting team, guiding them towards best practices.
- Provide Level I and Level II Crystal Reports 2008® Training to the enterprise reporting team with Howard Hammerman, offer on-going Tips’N’Tricks, and general team support.
- Communicate with clients, provide support as needed, and attend meetings to gather technical and business requirements.
- Member of specialty BI team tasked with building a Proof of Concept for future reporting requirements utilizing BO XIR2, XIR3.0, Webi, Xcelsius, Voyager, Cognos, Contributor, and SSAS.
- Gathered business requirements, created documentation and technical design documents, project plans, test and training plans.
- Also developed transition to support plans and management of issues and risks.
- Collaborated with teams in DC, New York, London, and India.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Data Warehouse Reporting Specialist/BI Analyst
- Gathered and documented requirements for the new Ad Hoc Reporting System; good understanding of pharmaceutical data.
- Interviewed clients, analyzed legacy SQR applications and Java/SQL applications, and prepared systems for conversion to new enterprise solution.
- Built Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports and published to SAP BO Infoview portal, guided other Crystal Reports developers with analysis and logic issues.
- Worked with the technical team to determine Universe fine-tuning needs (Universe Designer - data source connection/schema design/creation of alias sources and contexts/joins, classes, subclasses and objects, dimensions, details and measures, hierarchies, define list of values, security, deployment.
- Conducted a gap analysis to determine current and future requirements.
- Built relationships among Dimensions and created functions to accommodate complex logic of legacy application.
- Uncovered aspects of older logic needing further analysis; such as Percentile Averaging versus Percentile Interpolation, and explained findings to clients.
- Regularly communicated with project team and other staff members to suggest improved interface solutions for specific clients.
- Coordinated with SAP BO enterprise personnel (GNSI) during migration efforts.
- Made long-term recommendations such as incorporating all-encompassing Dashboards once standard reporting solutions have been established.
- Provided training sessions for clients, covering: Crystal and Webi Reporting Architecture; Standardization; Formulae and Parameterization; Subreports; Security; Database, Client, Server and Reporting Performance, best use of Stored Procedures, Views; Universes; SQR Conversion to SQL.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Project Lead, Subject Matter Expert
- Guided the project towards an enterprise-wide Business Objects XIR2 solution.
- Managed and administered the litigation case management software, “LegalFiles”.
- Set up new users and permissions, responded to ongoing requests from attorneys, paralegals, secretaries and other staff, build in-house case-related teams.
- Worked closely with the LegalFiles vendor, Business Objects personnel and third-party consultants, networked with external programming community and attended conferences.
- Negotiated with case management vendor regarding add-on requirements and design improvements.
- Interacted with third party consultants and accommodated in-house pilot workshop to determine next best practices, including potential data warehousing solution and presented findings to key personnel.
- Developed on-going reporting requirements with the clients and conducted extensive data analysis to determine best approach to design, develop and maintain complex Crystal Reports (v. 9) and front-end case management screens.
- Administered and ran queries against the SQL Server database modeled on IBM DB2 XTABLE technology; good understanding of case litigation and pharmaceutical data.
- Built Views to improve processing performance.
- Built technical documentation in preparation for data migration and Universes that will exist in new solution.
- Interviewed staff to determine how to remove current dependence on sub-reports and outmoded technology.
- Encouraged a global perspective throughout, linking all major data sources including iPRO, Concordance, iManage, and eventually other major business resources.
- Educated users about record duplication and showed a path towards best practices.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Worked independently to build a VB .NET graphical user interface within the Microsoft .NET Framework and “PARTS” (Procurement Analysis and Reporting System).
- The data was called from three unrelated databases (Oracle and Access) and was presented in Crystal Reports format (v. 9) in a VB front-end application.
- The graphical user interface enabled the client to choose various display formats based on predetermined record selection criteria.
- Numerous formulae were built to present similar but unrelated results in a uniform manner.
- The application was designed to save the client hours of work by combining multiple information sources, resulting in more meaningful data presentation and uncovering new concepts for analysis.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Consulted with the client regarding future direction for the National Institute of Nursing Research (“ Confidential ”), suggesting a complete revamp of current processes, rather than continuing along its current path of piecemeal patch-ups, and pairing up with another branch of the Confidential to share funding and keep up to date with the latest enterprise developments.
- Responsible for stabilizing, enhancing and maintaining the System Tracking and Reporting System (“ Confidential ”) for the Confidential .
- Cleaned up, corrected and documented the Confidential key processes (Nightly Download and End of Fiscal Year), which involved extensive analysis of patched up code that had evolved over time, followed by thorough testing.
- Defined system architecture, network structure, and database design, resulting in a clarification of ownership and physical locations of each, improving communication with other branches of the organization, monitoring back end processes, determining when and why certain processes failed, and following up to correct.
- Separated development/test/production environments.
- Upgraded and synchronized Crystal Reports, Oracle and Windows in all three environments.
- Gained knowledge of the IMPACII process at Confidential and the Confidential relationship within it.
- Created SQL ad hoc queries against the database.
- Provided application development in Java, ASP, and Oracle.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Discussed current reporting application design and future streamlining considerations.
- Recommended that the Confidential more aggressively utilize ASP and Crystal parameters, web tree structures, sub-reports and cross-tabs.
- Redesigned the new Crystal Reports 8.0 reporting system for intranet environment.
- Developed ASP pages, ensuring correct synchronization of parameter handling in ASP and Crystal Reports.
- Ran SQL queries against Oracle 8i database, thoroughly testing data and provided feedback.
- Conducted unit-testing in Dev/Test/Prod to detect flaws prior to regular weekly/monthly migrations.
- Tested airport and runway data, comparing legacy data with the current application, tested Part 77 (CFR Part 77 addresses structures and airport construction that may affect the National Airspace System) mapping results against the database calculations for consistency using the standard 50 test cases. Legacy data feeds were derived from separate databases for each Service Branch, and database results presented discretionary differences in calculations; presenting all Branch results in one web environment led to an opportunity for everyone to confer and verify the most accurate calculations.
- Analyzed and built requirements specifications for the Obstruction Evaluation Reports portion of the Internet Obstruction Evaluation Airport Airspace Analysis (“IOE/AAA”) Project, linking the requirements to the web reports as an easy reference for the Air Traffic/Military/Airport Specialists and Divisional users. These requirements memorialized the process of retrieving data from multiple database sources which needed to be compared and verified, analyzing the list of outstanding cases to be addressed, checking against the GIS system to ensure latitude and longitude coordinates were correct, and after approval from the Specialists and Divisional users, sending Obstruction Evaluation letters out to the appropriate recipients.
- Updated and built new Oracle views and tables, drilled down through data to uncover database inconsistencies, addressed performance issues.
- Improved team morale and communication.
- Delivered project in 7 months, ahead of schedule (client’s third attempt).
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Supported the Operations Reporting System “ORS”.
- Maintained, developed, enhanced, and rebuilt prototype of application comprising four-tier architecture (Web tier, Crystal Reporting and Graphic middle tier, SQL Server and XML database tier, and Mainframe DB2).
- Handled SQL Server issues (checked triggers daily, DTS, stored procedures, maintenance jobs).
- Responded to user requests for data verification, specific queries, tested and restructured numerous Crystal Reports based on user requirements.
- Built documentation, upgraded to multi-threaded Version 8.5 with Crystal Enterprise and transferred report queries to stored procedures, improving speed.
- Provided support to the Time Recording System (“TRS”) - tested, built technical/user documentation (RoboHelp .chm components linked to VB GUI, WebHelp HTML documentation, and PowerPoint presentations).
- Coordinated with team regarding installation issues, conducted training sessions for end users.