An Information Systems professional with extensive experience managing applications development including hands - on technical expertise. Thirty-eight years of Information Systems experience, which includes eighteen years as Manager of Applications Development in SAP environments, and over ten years managing and supervising Applications Development in other environments. Adept at stabilization and optimization of business processes, directing activities during stressful situations, and communicating with all levels of management. Focused on providing an agile and responsive business-driven development department. Excellent mentor and coach for all experience levels of developers, business analysts, and Basis personnel.
Manager SAP Development
- Manage five senior technical direct reports. Responsible for and career development, setting objectives, performance appraisals and bonus recommendations, and prioritizing workload for all SAP related applications development activity.
- Managed multiple upgrades of the various SAP environments. ERP upgrades were completed consistently on time and within budget utilizing internal resources and utilizing the Panaya upgrade tool.
- Established a guided procedure application enabling easy and efficient go-live processing for acquisitions and franchise conversions, reducing the number of team members and time window needed.
- Integrated a Paytronix 3rd-party loyalty system to automate liability and redemption posting into SAP, as well as providing essential financial reporting and maintenance modules.
- Integrated two new POS systems (Retalix for fuel, Verifone for merchandise), replacing a semi-proprietary POS system.
- Implemented WM for Confidential distribution centers, developing custom hand-held applications and utilizing SAP Console.
- Optimized store replenishment processing to keep the time window stable while Confidential expanded the number of sites
- Spearheaded monthly QA refreshes ensuring QA test scenarios are relevant, ensuring quality code deployments.
- Implemented web service processing in SAP for many internal and external interfaces.
- Created a fuel pricing system to easily formulate, distribute, and monitor compliance of fuel pricing.
- Innovated ways to enable mobile processing for key business processes for senior management.
- Implemented GuiXT to provide non-invasive enhancements in SAP.
- Developed and implemented data and interface quality controls and alerts for key business processes.
- Established and manage SOX audit-able application change controls.
- Stabilized daily processing issues fixing inefficient code, processes, and interfaces in a complex environment.
- Instituted an agile development philosophy emphasizing generic/reusable code resulting in the virtual elimination of our work request backlog. Established reporting standardization via ALV and other extended data delivery methods.
Access Billing System Development Manager
- Established procedures, controls, and documentation to become SOX compliant.
- Managed and performed the application builds and deployments
- Managed a major upgrade of the Confidential -funded credit processes.
- Implemented a new customer dispute management application.
- During conversion of Confidential ’s POS systems, ABS was tasked to convert our proprietary formatted credit card into an ISO compliant credit card format. We upgraded our applications as well as managed the re-branding and distribution of the new cards to our fleets and their drivers with the entire project completed within a 2 month deadline in order to prevent any delay to the POS conversion project.
Manager Applications Development
- Reporting to the CIO, managed staff of six, including ABAP developers, SAP Portal developers, and EDI analysts.
- Budgetary control for the Applications Development department, including allocation of the department budget.
- Participated in corporate initiative planning, disaster recovery planning, and business continuity planning.
- Responsible for hiring permanent and contract developers, and career development, setting objectives, prioritizing workload, performing appraisals, and bonus recommendations.
- Worked closely with DBA and Basis group to analyze, define, and maintain system landscape, including hardware sizing and platform recommendations. Prepared weekly and monthly status reports along with departmental metrics for senior management. Developed and managed system to document, track, and report on department activity.
- Developed and managed program change controls to ensure quality and implementation standards are adhered to, and to comply with SOX auditing and governance requirements. Utilized RBE for analysis of system and application usage for senior management, including separation of duty reporting for SOX compliance.
- Provided management, coaching, counseling, and technical expertise to the development team.
- Maintained progressive work environment for my staff providing opportunities for personal development and a limited telecommuting policy.
- Advocated and led project to implement SAP BI 7.0.
- Created retail partner POS analysis system for the national sales manager and his team.
- Created operational dashboard for the VP of manufacturing.
- Collaborated with Analysts and Basis to implement data archiving processing.
- Led development team in a successful SAP upgrade from 31h to 470.
- Led development team in creation of RF system for Warehouse Management (WM) utilizing SAPConsole.
- Hands-on ABAP expertise for developments and enhancements in all modules in our core ERP system, including writing reports, RFC’s, dialog programming (Dynpro), customer functions, user exits, BADI’s, BAPI’s, Data Dictionary extensions, SAPScripts, Smartforms, ABAP Query, and SAP menu extensions.
- Provided SAP configuration support to the business analysts for pricing condition formulas and requirements, expertise with navigating and identifying configuration points to help the IS Specialists, and
- Implemented GuiXT including Input Assistant scripting to provide non-invasive interface enhancements in SAP.
- Extension components: Deduction Management Component (DMC), Vistex Ship and Debit, Open Text material setup, MIC governance component.
- Manage the environment and resources for EDI utilizing Gentran. Perform input and output IDOC and ALE configuration, segment extensions, and programmed customizations.
- Provide programming support for end user's Excel VBA macros and MS-Access databases.
Senior Software Engineer
- Led development team in a DEC ALPHA, VMS/AXP environment.
- Led in-house and contract programmers through conversion of legacy order fulfillment system into Oracle Apps.
- Developed a financial forecasting and budgeting system using Holos, an influential OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) product of the 1990s.
- in Oracle Data Warehousing. Established project to create data warehouse and an enterprise reporting structure utilizing Oracle Reports and Discoverer.
- Developed real-time manufacturing status dashboard.
- and experience with Oracle Inventory.
- Developed extensions to Oracle Apps to facilitate fulfillment and invoicing of product sold on a subscription basis.
- Provided support to the Marketing department utilizing FileMaker Pro.
- Led team of five programmer/analysts in a DOS/VSE, CICS/COBOL, Easytrieve, and IDMS environment, with additional desktop development utilizing Visual FoxPro. Other tools included CA-VMLIB source control, Gener/OL 3GL language, and pcMAINFRAME for data downloading and PC data integration.
- Expert mainframe programmer including command-level CICS, hex dump analysis expertise, and system performance analysis.
- Established and tracked projects from system conception through successful implementation. Projects included work estimation and departmental charge-backs.
- Developed operations JCL scripts, and REXX programs for change management and implementation controls.
- Interfaces integrating applications and disparate systems
- Piecework Incentive Payroll System, EEO reporting, and Employee Benefits system support and reporting.
- An in-house MRP system developed to support both discreet and continuous processes
- Applications to support color formulations and chemical QA labs developed in Visual FoxPro
- In-house system that supported US, Canada, and Overseas Export sales including product pricing generation and customer quotations.
- Led development team in implementation of an Adage ERP pilot implementation for the ceramics group, utilizing Ingres and OpenRoad development tools as well as IQ report writer software.
- Saved the company over $750K during Y2K code compliance conversion.