Experienced Technology Team Director and Senior SaaS Architect with extensive techno - functional experience. Over 16+ years of Information Technology Experience in Software, Consulting and e-Commerce, Healthcare, Printing, and CD/SaaS. Combines strategic thinking and seasoned judgment, within different organizational enterprises including Charity/Non-Profit industries and top fortune companies.Proven experience in growth from individual contributor to leadership from operations to presales.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Software/ Systems Architect Cross Team Collaboration Capacity Mgt
- Project Leadership Team Management Innovation
- Cloud Integration Healthcare/e-Commerce Knowledge Sharing
- Data Road-mapping Platform Integration Contract Negotiation
Director - Cloud Architect
- Innovation towards latest deployment practices and implementation approaches from developing the new role of Cloud Architects with pushing the whole team to obtain their CCSP accreditation the same year.
- Establish and cement relationships with other leaders across SAP’s ecosystem both on premise and within the cloud.
- Build a repository of demos (working with Solution Experience) and LOB teams for end to end cloud business case offerings.
- Leading the Cloud and Platform Solution Hub for 3 years leaving a trail of breadcrumbs for other regions (currently APJ) to successfully transform solution specific expertise to broad knowledge across SAP’s Intelligent Platform. This includes success stories, multi-cloud demos with scripts, ppts and other supporting material.
- Developed 3 years of Learn to Win week events for cross pollination of skills across the cloud and platform solution engineers. This included soft skill development and positive feedback from the attendees each year.
- Helped plan and deliver support for FKOM and SAPPHIRE with respect to SAP’s cloud solutions including security and privacy sharing.
- Direct the vision of the team and help/mentor each team member to grow within their personal goals and inline with SAP’s mission, using SAP Talk, Presales Metric Reporting and other useful tools
- Working with the Enterprise Architects, which has been more prevalent recently to train the Cloud Architects to understand the EA Methodology.
- Eager to take my extensive cloud knowledge and track record of ‘re-tooling’ my team’s skillsets to move into an Enterprise wide position with the innovation and intelligent approach.
Senior Digital Architect
- Managing customer requirements inline with SAP’s global go-to-market strategy.
- Selling SAP’s value-add to C-level executives to discuss the vision of their organizations alongside those in which SAP can help them meet/exceed their objectives with an expedient time-to-value and ROI.
- Broad experience in direct customer contact situations, focused on consultative discussions, needs assessment, and business executive presentations. Well-versed in building high-performance collaboration between business and IT groups and communicating IT value with internal and external constituencies.
- Heavy contribution to the evolution of the SaaS products as they relate to customer and industry trends, exceeding $1 trillion in annual commerce.
- Enterprising with senior level executives on both the customer and partner sides as well as SAP Ariba’s agile IT infrastructure to support aggressive growth of net new revenue for the cloud SaaS solutions as well as consulting services, taking customer requirements and recognizing opportunities to architect into multi-tenant solutions.
- Responsible for the building of the Confidential and ramp-up training with perpetual mentorship.
- Extensive experience establishing integrations of an array of true-cloud solutions with agnostic source systems such as Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Lawson, legacy systems and mainframes) and middleware (Netweaver/PI, Tibco, Biztalk, Boomi, SOAPUI, WebMethods to name a few.
- Highlight and deep dive into SAP's security, infrastructure and architecture offerings including PCI DSS, SSAE16, DR process, Data Centers, roadmap for all of the above while tailoring customer's ERP to their integration capacity with SAP's cloud solutions.
- Personally established integration to backend systems using Dell Boomi along with HCI providing innovation and the establishment of new packaged SaaS offerings for 2 million customers across 6 continents, 144 countries, 21 languages and every currency.
- Pioneered the first global integration to/from Ariba using SAP’s new cloud based integration middleware called ‘Hana Cloud Integration’. This became a new product offering for SAP
- Shared of this knowledge and strategy with sales, development, implementation and support teams across the globe.
- Manage dozens of RFPs annually concurrent to my other duties, addressing technical, security, integration, infrastructure and architectural factors with follow-on discussions with C level executives and their teams for fortune 500 companies from defense contractors to healthcare, airlines, banks and insurance companies.
- Manage design sessions internally and with customers, white-boarding the vision my experience allows me to bring to customers, going above and beyond their expectations, new ideas and enthusiasm as to how SAP SaaS solutions can help their business.
- Successfully helped close the highest number of deals in North America and Canada. Some references include Staples, CH2 Hill, Mattel, Kennametal, Air Canada, Phillips 66, Loblaw and many others too vast to mention. Record sales in excess of $1.4 billion in 2015
- Recognized by my peers regularly for my knowledge and contribution both as a leader and entrepreneur on some of the most important cloud deals innovations in SAP’s history.
- Managing the technical team including forecasting, capacity planning, hiring, / performance reviews.
- Project Management and sponsorship of innovation and development of deployment methodologies.
- Methodology development, including efficiency driven deployment tools to ensure customer go-lives are on-time.
- Innovation towards latest deployment practices and implementation approaches working hand-in-hand with SAP Ariba’s SVPs and GMs who came to rely on my contributions and ideas
- Managed the implementation of Ariba's products with customers' ERP, including, but not limited to, SAP with Netweaver, Simple Generic (Oracle with Fusion, Baan, Lawson, Great Plains etc) and Peoplesoft.
- Lead/manage client technical teams including setting adjusting expectations with key stakeholders and senior executives at both the clients' and Ariba's end.
- Translate customer business requirements into technical solutions adopting best practices to ‘guide’ customers into what they need, rather than what they request.
- Contribute to the creation of of training videos, documentation and training programs for my new team members and reporting Managers.
- Managing the Data Analysts Team with the expectant recruiting, budget management and governance responsibilities.
- Managing, Optimizing and tuning the SQL Servers on Windows 2003.
- Reporting to the VP of Finance and coordinating the overall architecture of the system and make recommendations for hardware and software initiatives related to new and existing projects.
- Training/Mentoring and developing advanced SQL Scripts and Crystal Reports.
Project Deployment Lead
- Extensive data manipulation and report building with large datasets within short deadlines to meet the business process requirements of Pepsi.
- Mentoring and Training my team on SQL, UNIX, Crystal Reports v.11 and use of Oracle tools to navigate and manage data on Oracle 9i.
- Implemented Crystal Reports XI as the primary automating reporting tool within MSA for use in the Pepsi deployment.
- Established the syntax changes necessary in SQL to communicate and manage data within a Clustered Oracle Server on a UNIX platform using SQL Navigator, Golden and DBArtisan.
- Continued to develop DTS packages / ETL using various ODBC/OLE DB(ADO) connectivity tools.
Tools: Crystal Reports SDLC, Project Management, SQL Navigator, Project/team leadership, Golden, DBArtisan, DTS, ETL, Unix/Linux, PL/SQL
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Responsible for the Sybase and SQL Server database for 23 Confidential Cancer sites which includes an array of diverse duties including basic architecture, scheduled data transfers, database design and implementation, report writing in Crystal and Infomaker.
- Managed a team of data analysts to manage the data and report processing, primarily for the accounts receivables and accounts payables attained from the Cancer Sites’ data sources (Access, SQL Server and Sybase).
- Work with Varian Systems and their integration to the central network of integrated solutions within Confidential
- Implemented replication in SQL Server 2000 to manage access to the data and increase efficiency designed for each site respectively.
- Integrated all 23 Cancer Centers using SQL Server 2000 using extensive Data Transformational Services (DTS) via various ODBC and ADO connectivity tools and complex stored procedures with embedded SQL.
- Created Crystal Reports v.10 to eliminate the ‘human error’ factor when gathering and summarizing the data, especially appreciated by the Director of Accounting.
- The integration requested by the department, for which this position was developed for, was complete in only 6 months hence the brevity of this position.
Senior Technical Consultant
- Traveled nationally installing, updating, migrating and configuring MS SQL Server and Confidential 's custom application. Designing and developing custom Crystal Reports. Extensively trained clients in the Printing Industry with Confidential ’s MIS custom software. Migrated to SQL Server from Novell to Windows 2000, 2003 Servers and XP. Created Domains, converted workgroups to domains and managed active directories and initial server setup for Windows 2000 and 2003.
- From sales to project design right through to solution and implementation. I managed the entire consulting process to ultimately increase revenue. o Migrated, upgraded data/servers from various platforms, primarily SQL Server 7 to 2000 and 2005.
- Developed custom reports using Crystal Reports 8.0/8.5/10 and worked extensively on SQL Server 7/2000/2005 including the latest service packs. Also used SQL 2005’s reporting services’ tool.
- Regularly created SQL Maintenance and DB backup plans including DTS to import and export data from other forms such as CSV, Text files in and out of SQL Server, Access, Excel etc.
- Trained customers of a variety of technical ability individually and in groups in advanced SQL and Crystal Report development including at Confidential ’s annual ‘Connect’ Conference.
- With little knowledge in some of the areas in which I was to be an ‘expert’, I self-taught myself complex technical skills in a very short period, hitting the ground running whilst working endless hours to become the expert for which customers expected.
IT Team Supervisor
- Providing technical support for all users of the universities computers including managing the MS Exchange email accounts (email size limits, technical issues, etc)
- Providing the necessary training to students on the use of various installed software such as MS Office, Mini-tab, printing, PC problems.
- Supported the dot matrix printers.
- Managed the other 7 IT support engineers including scheduling, escalation and mentoring where necessary.
- Established positive relationship and reputation with the other IT analysts as well as the students, being known as the go-to person in the whole building.
- Developing various supervisory/management styles to most effectively manage my team.
This was a paid professional position and not part of a school internship program.