- 14 years of Resourceful and Proactive experience in implementing, customizing and configuring SAP R/3 4.7, ECC 5 and ECC6.0 in both FI and CO modules.
- Five full life cycle implementation experience with ASAP methodology, proficient in interacting with business users to identify information needed and initiate process change
- Hands on experience in various project stages like Blueprinting, Design, integration, testing, documentation, user, data migration, cut over activities, production support and Month and Year end closing activities.
- Sound knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), IFRS required during the implementation of FI/CO module.
- 2+ years of design and implementation experience in SAP Profitability and Performance Management (PaPM / FS - PER )
- Excellent Hands on experience in configuring, customizing and implementing SAP Financial and Controlling modules (FICO) including GL (New GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Assets Accounting (AA), Treasury, Cost Element Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Internal Orders, Profitable Analysis(CO-PA), Product Costing(CO-PC), Investment Management (IM) and Fund Management (FM).
- Hands on Experience in configuring Automatic Payment Program (APP), Credit Management, Dunning, Lockbox, positive pay file, Electronic Bank Statement (EBS),
- Hands on experience of Integrating SAP FI/CO with Material Management (MM), Sales & Distribution (SD), and good knowledge of Production Planning (PP) and HR
- Hands on experience in related skills such as LSMW, MS Excel/Power Point, and good knowledge of EDI, IDOC’s, BADI’s ABAP Reports, Cross Applications, Report Painter, Report writer, and HP Service Manager and SAP HANA.
- Proficient in implementing Procure to Pay (P2P), Order to Cash (OTC) and Record to Report (RTR) business process.
- Liaised with ABAP Consultants in writing detailed technical specifications for customizations, interfaces, reports and conversion programs
- Proactive in identifying the business problems, trouble shooting, formulate strategic plans, initiating changes, implement new process to the challenging and diverse environment.
- Self motivated, goal oriented, communicating, problem solving skills, capable to make balanced and independent decision, always think outside the box
- High learning curve with the ability to embrace new tools and technologies with demonstrated leadership, ability to resolve issues, drive projects and meet deadlines.
Associate Director SAP FICO, SAP FS-PER (PaPM), ARIBA
- Deep understanding of Cost and Revenue allocation process design and implementation in SAP FS PER (PaPM) model and ARIBA based on "Best Practices”.
- Worked on use-cases that involved different Profitability and Cost Management Calculations. Was responsible for modelling various scenarios such as Global Transfer Pricing, Funds Transfer Pricing, Cost Allocations, Operational Transfer Pricing, etc. Performed performance tests on built solutions and what-if analysis based on different simulation requests.
- Calculating Fund Transfer Pricing (FTP) for banking requirement and forecast the results which are again writing back to HANA System and using those results again to perform modelling in SAP HANA system by various Functionalities in HANA.
- Performed Cost and Revenue allocation using Allocation functions in SAP FS-PER by creating an environment in the system and Also Handled Multi-Level Cost Allocations.
- Created Models for What If Analysis for Forecasting the Profitability results Using Calculation Units.
- Creating various objects in SAP FS-PER like Calculations, Collection, Join, Currency Conversions, Transfer functions as per the Modelling requirement.
- Personnel budget plan management for managing the funds that are available according to the personnel budget plan and the commitment processor for monitoring funds usage. lead the analysis, troubleshooting and clarification of local, legal business requirements and develops solutions/recommendations backed by strong analytical and problem-solving skills support and ensure application development initiatives are well managed as well as delivered on expectations - functionality, timeliness, and cost identify and prioritize opportunities to improve business processes as well as optimization opportunities support realization of functional change requests & business implementation by leveraging configuration skills with ability to adapt methods & tools to client and project environments partner with peers in the IT-organization and business to design and improve SAP / Non-SAP solutions and prioritize identified opportunities to improve business processes
Manager SAP FICO
- Responsible for planning and executing SAP Implementation / Rollout / Support projects regard to SAP Finance & Controlling (FI-CO). Responsible for implementing business solutions by Implementing Global template driven SAP Implementation and providing support for the Global SAP system with focus on Finance and Controlling.
- Understand user requirements, provide solutions, functional specifications and configure the system based on Global templates and creating presentation/workshop decks for Blueprint that need to be conveyed and be able to present them to the users/business. Process Definition Document (PDD), Business Design Document (BDD) and Business Process Procedure (BPP) for the solutions provided.
- Configuring SAP FI-CO (Finance and Controlling) and deliver work products / packages conforming to the users Standards & Requirements.
- Worked on GST Implementation for Confidential ’s Malaysia entity and did the complete transitional planning for it.
- Worked on SAP Upgrade Project for Confidential ’s Confidential region with process of upgrading to the new system had high complexity in migrating to a cloud based solution, and upgrading all SAP applications, whilst ensuring all non-upgraded applications still worked seamlessly with the new solution. The team who worked on this spanned the global Business services (GBS).
Sr. Consultant IT Advisory Services
- Worked on End to End SAP FICO Implementation project for leading Media Industry of India and provided end user support.
- Worked on End to End SAP Fund Management implementation on Steel Industry. Responsible for Fund management module, System Selection and Program Management for End to End Fund management implementation, spread over a period of 4 months.
- Worked on SAP Rollout project for one of the leading business group of Bangladesh and achieved the fastest SAP G0-Live of Bangladesh. Responsibility includes all the SAP Finance activities.
Confidential, Auburn, IN
SAP FICO Consultant
- Worked in configuring FI sub-areas including GL, AP, AR and CCE, CCA, IO, Profit Center Accounting, Profitability Analysis (COPA) in CO area.
- Configured New GL and updated rules for other ledgers, customized account groups, field status groups, posting keys, document types, posting periods and GL master records creation.
- Configured House banks, G/L accounts for Bank accounts and Electronic bank Statements.
- Worked on the Configuration of Sample, Recurring, Reversal, and Parking documents and VIM applications for Vendor Invoices.
- In Accounts Payable (AP), configured Automatic payment program, invoices, outgoing payment processing, account clearing, credit memo processing, payment corrections and month-end closing including reconciling the GR/IR account.
- Configured Automatic Payment Program for payments to vendors; check lots, void & reissue of checks, online cash and blockage of payments for certain vendors.
- Configured different payment methods - ACH payments, Wire Transfer, and checks.
- Configured terms of payment for cash discount and special transactions like down payment.
- Configured vendor groups, vendor master records, tolerance limits for over and under payments, payment terms, and payment methods.
- Configured Accounts Receivable - Master data, payment terms, cash application, lockbox processing, mapping bank lockbox format with SAP lockbox format, customizing payment advice notes.
- Designed Profit Center Structure in Profit Center Accounting and maintenance of Profit center standard hierarchy.
- Worked on Internal orders configuration including real orders, settlement profile for the real orders and credit collection and dispute management (FSCM)
- In Cost Center Accounting designed cost center standard hierarchy, configured statistical key figures, assessments and distributions using cycle-segment method for periodic reposting
- Maintained Controlling area, Operating Concern versions, and primary and secondary cost elements to be used in CO.
- Responsible for carrying out Valuation in Profitability Analysis (COPA) planning to access pricing and product cost information for products having planned quantities, thereby allowing projected revenue and cost of sales figures to be calculated automatically
- Assisted FI and MM team to set up Automatic account determination (FI-MM integration).
Confidential, Andover, MA
SAP FICO Business Analyst
- Determine what functionality is required in terms of design, structure and configuration, in line with internal guidelines and procedures, in order to translate the IT requirements into an optimum IT solution.
- Program, document and maintain (parts of) the product, based on current design methods and techniques, in order to ensure that the product runs according to the specifications.
- Test, analyze test results and repair new products in a development, test and production environment, in order to develop a product that can be implemented.
- Performed complete unit testing (UT) of GL, AP and AR and Involved with other core team members to perform Integration testing (IT) across the FI, MM and SD.
- Using SAP Solution Manager for business process documentation and HP Service manager for testing ( Module, UAT, Regression)
- Co-ordinate with offshore ABAP team on a day to day basis provide technical specs to develop customized solutions
- Prioritize solution implementation steps according to the most crucial business process improvements, in order to structure the development process.
- Identify business benefits versus cost of design, building and implementation, in order to realize cost-effective IT solutions.
- IT users in using the IT product, in line with the developed guidelines, to ensure that the product is handled in the correct way.
- Designing, customizing, testing and implementing local IT solutions.
- Demonstrates expertise with one or more technology environments, and the ability to learn and apply new and emerging concepts efficiently.
- Provides technical coaching to other staff members.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the inter-operability of technologies.
- Assessed the tradeoffs between business needs, technology requirements and costs.
- Select optimum methods, use new methods, design new interfaces.
- Independently performs analyses to resolve complex first-time project issues.
- Designs projects, requiring systems integration of one or more technical platforms.
- Functions independently with limited work direction. Work is reviewed periodically and on an exception basis.
- Selects tools and methodologies for projects.
- Commits to deliverables with customers and/or management.
- Delivery of specific IT solutions for some business processes, immediate environment.
SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Gathered business requirements for implementing Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR) and Asset Accounting defined the business process procedures as per the client’s requirements keeping in view the industry practices
- Defined Tolerance Groups, Tolerances for Employees, Customers and Vendors and Maintained Initial settings for Recurring Entries and also worked on FI Substitution and Validation rules.
- Extensively worked on Vendor/Customer Master Records, Client Specific Payment Terms and Payment Methods.
- In Accounts Payable, Configured vendor groups, vendor master records, Tolerance limits, Payment Terms, payment methods and Maintained Initial settings for Recurring Entries in Accounts Payable.
- Configured the settings for House Bank, outgoing and incoming payments including Automatic payment program (APP), down payments, inter-company transaction in Accounts Payables
- In Accounts Receivable, Configured customer account groups, number ranges, tolerance groups, credit control area, customer credit limits, credit limit groups, Interest Calculation, Incoming Payments, Dunning, AR Information System in Accounts Receivable.
- Participated in transferring GL accounts, vendor and customer master data using LSMW.
- Configured Asset Accounting, structured and valuated Fixed Assets, created asset values, acquisitions entry and alterations during use, asset retirement. Strong working knowledge on depreciation postings, calculations/reporting and Year-end closing.
- Involved in the configuration of Asset Classes, depreciation areas, depreciation keys, asset master records, and sale of assets.
- Configured account assignments for Asset Acquisitions, retirements and inter-company transfers.
- Defined and maintained the Validation and Substitution rules at header, line item and document levels in FI application area.
- Extensively worked with LSMW to upload Confidential PLC master data of GL, vendor and customer
- Involved in the Configuration of Tax Calculation Procedures, Structure For Tax Jurisdiction Codes, Tax Jurisdiction Codes, and Tax Codes For Non -Taxable Transactions.
- Designed the interface to external accounting system and performed the tax configuration to integrate with the third party tool Vertex Taxation System.
- Worked on the Configuration of Month End Closing and Year End Closing Procedures.
- Extensively worked on both Orders to Cash (OTC) business in association with SD team and Procure to pay (PTP) process with the MM and Manufacturing team..
- Generated reports using Report Painter and Report Writer.
- Supported the client in upgrade for CCA, PCA, COPC and COPA.
- Created and generated operating concern, created characteristics, value fields and defined the segment level characteristics to address the Profitability Analysis requirement.
- Extensively worked on Product Costing/Material Ledger. Configured the Standard cost estimates for finished products include cost estimates with/without quantity structure etc. with price update parameters and variance settlement, product cost per period and per order in material ledger.
- Defined periodic and multiple material valuation, multilevel actual costing in Material Ledger, also defined types of costing results for material cost estimates.
- Designed and configured Material Valuation in Material Ledger based on standard prices and moving average prices including distribution of price differences between raw materials and finished goods inventory.
- Applied underlying concepts in MM such as purchase requisition, purchase orders, goods receipt, material valuation and movement types etc.
- Maintained Assessment cycles and the relationship to Profitability segments for transferring overhead costs to CO-PA.
- Defined cost component structure, origin groups, calculation bases, percentage overhead rates, credit keys, costing sheets and group and cost components in Product Costing (CO-PC).
- Configuration maintained for Cost element/ Cost Center Accounting, maintained cost element attributes, cost centers, standard hierarchy, cost center categories, distribution and assessment.
- Configured CCA by creating cost elements, cost centers, activity types, cost center categories, document numbers and allocations using cycle-segment method for reposting, Distribution and Assessment.
- Configured Automatic Account Assignment in PCA customizing for P&L accounts and Balance Sheet Accounts. Configured master data, standard hierarchy, dummy profit center, distribution and assessment in CO-PCA. Defined Internal Orders I/O, Order types, Planning Profile, Budget Profile and Settlement Profile
- Responsible for closing the production support tickets.
- Monitoring financial postings and synchronization activity on a systematic and on-going basis
- Worked on the Integration with Logistics (Transport Management System and Warehouse management (TMS and WMS)
- Configured valuation classes and assigned to material master.
- Responsible for Verifying the approvals and templates for G/L accounts creating and modification in all company codes.
- Created and maintained the G/L Master data and Cost Elements for all company codes.
- Monitored and fixed issues related to the batch jobs for the month end accruals reversals.
- Raised various tickets with SAP and implemented OSS Notes to fix standard system issue.
- Developed end user manuals and provided end user on business processes in SAP. Conducted and learning program within organization.
- Interacted with BW team, Conducted meetings, coordinated in Functional specs, analysis and Query developing in BW Box.
SAP FICO Jr. Consultant
Environment: SAP R/3 4.7
- Involved in gathering business requirement, Preparation of Blue Print by reengineering the system to fill the GAP between the existing system and the TO-BE system.
- Designed a process optimization concept by analyzing data and information flow, organizational structure and management information reporting.
- Configured Organizational Structure by creating Company Code, Chart of Accounts, Posting Period Variants, and Field Status Variants for integration of SAP HR module.
- Worked on Functional Specifications for developing an Interface for generation of new Vendors from the existing vendors.
- Involved in the configuration of company code, standard chart of accounts, country chart of accounts, fiscal year variants, posting periods, GL accounts.
- Sound knowledge in IAS (International Accounting Standards).
- In Accounts Payable (AP) configured manual and automatic outgoing payments, house banks, ranking order, bank accounts, check management, automatic payment program and integration with MM to meet the client specific requirements.