- I have total of over 30 year IT and financial experience, 23 year SAP experience from ABAPer - > BW -> SEM ->BI-IP-> BPC, I have 13 year experience on SAP Standard BPC,BPC for S/4 HANA, Confidential version BPC with over 20 full life cycle projects. 8 year SAP HANA experience with several BW/BPC on HANA Implementation and migration project,3 BPC for S/4 HANA project experience.
- Very strong financial background makes me especially good in BPC budge, planning and consolidation project from blue print, realization through post implementation support. my clients diverse a variety of industries include financial, utility, manufacturing, oil& gas, chemical, entertainment, retail, Public sector etc. I am us citizen and is open to travel.
- 13-year experience on Standard/Embedded/S/4 HANA BPC for both Planning and consolidation.
- Planning Area: Budgeting, Sales/Revenue Planning, Operation Expense Planning, Capital Expenditure Planning, Cash flow planning, COGS planning, Cost/indirect Cost Allocation, Data architect and Modeling Headcount/Staffing, Cash Flow Planning
- Consolidation Area: Multiple Data Source Consolidation, Global Subsidiary Consolidation, Reporting, Consolidation of Investments, Legal Consolidation, Currency Translation, Inter Company Eliminations, Ownership Module, Journals, Business Rule. U.S. GAAP and IFRS reporting, Cash flow Reporting. Real time Consolidation.
- Industries include financial, utility, manufacturing, oil& gas, chemical, Retail, entertainment, retail, Public sector etc.
Senior SAP BPC consultant
- Design and develop the composite provider which include the planning/actual aDSO,HANA view,CDS view etc.
- Design and create the calculation view to manipulate the transaction data and must data from legacy system.
- Configure the work status to control the process of the data for different planning stage at different business entity.
- Design and configure the business process flow which include the process template, process instance and activity group.
- Create the aggregation level, filters, planning function and planning sequence.
- Develop the FOX code for customizing logic calculation.
- Create the customizing characteristics, key figure which include the restricted/calculated key figure.
- Develop the BW objects which include the transformation, data transfer process (DTP), process chains, queries etc.
- Design and create the workbooks for planning and reporting using Analysis for Office.
SAP BPC for S/4 HANA consultant
- Design and develop the aDSO staging info-providers to integrate data from S/4 Hana system into standard BPC consolidation and planning models using BW modeling tool.
- Create and develop the ABAP route to derive the master data and transaction data for BPC data transformation.
- Design and configure the transformation and conversion files to load the master data and transaction data from BW staging aDSO and infoobjects.
- Design and configure the BPC models which include the Employee Cost Planning, Cost Center Planning, WBS Planning, Revenue Planning, Tax Planning etc.
- Design and develop both input schedules and reports using EPM Add-in for both consolidation and planning.
- Design and configure the dimension’s properties for consolidation purpose.
- Create the script’s logic to consolidation and planning.
- Develop the consolidated/consolidating balance sheet, P/L and other reports.
- Design and developed the process chain to automate the master data and transaction data from S/4 system into BPC.
- Configure the business roles for Carry Forward, Account0based calculation, Elimination and Adjustment etc.
- Configure the global method and method-based multipliers for Elimination and Adjustment.
- Configure the Elimination and Adjustment rule which include the elimination for account payment/receivable, investments, note receivable/payment etc.
- Configure the ownership hierarchy which include the consolidation method, consolidation rate and ownership rate.
- Design and configure the planning applications for employee cost planning, direct cost planning, revenue planning etc.
- Data integration between S/4 HANA system, BW and BPC.
- Design and configure the security strategy according to the business requirements.
- Convert and Load the data from Peoplesoft into SAP BPC.
- Test Script, UAT, Knowledge transfer and documentation.
SAP BPC for S/4 HANA consultant
- Requirement gathering by analysis existing Hyperion planning applications and workshop for new planning requirements.
- Create staging aDSO and Bridge aDSO using BW modeling tool for loading the Hyperion data into BPC.
- Create AO reports for reconciliation of the Hyperion data between ACDOCA table and the legacy system data.
- Create the transformation to derive the S/4 HANA cost center, profit center, GL account from Hyperion master data.
- Design and develop the AO ad hoc report template for super user.
- Design and create the Finance planning applications through RSPLAN, query designer, Analysis for Office.
- Design the dynamic actual vs budget planning applications according to the business requirements.
- Create actual vs plan report using ACDOCA and ACDOCP table.
- Design and create the Analytics workbook for planning and reporting.
SAP BPC/IBP S/4 HANA consultant
- As-Is Study, Requirement Analysis, Gap analysis involving determining, documenting, and approving the variance between business requirements and current capabilities of the system, Blueprint document.
- Solution validation workshops which include reference value, SAP solution validation and identify Deltas and Gaps, generate the scope document and Gap list.
- Delta Design workshop which include delta design, verify & accept, release & sprint planning.
- Help the client to mapping the “To Be Business Planning Processes” into BPC for S/4 HANA’s standard business content as much as possible to minimize the GAP development.
- Working as the architect/leader in the BPC module’s prepare, explore phase of Activation methodology..
- Analysis and activated the pre-delivered content which include Info-Providers, info-objects, Sequences, Planning functions, Queries and workbooks.
- Create the customized infoObjets and InfoProviders for consolidation models.
- Design and develop the aggregation levels, filters, functions, sequences, queries, workbooks, variables etc.
- Design and create the customized profit center, GL account, cost center planning, headcount applications and reports.
- Design and create the customized function buttons for planning workbook using VBA.
- Design and configure the business process flows(BPF) according to consolidation business process.
- Design and configure the BW cube and the corresponding infoObjects for real time consolidation..
- Configure the business rule for consolidation which include account based calculation, automatic adjustment. Carry forward etc.
SAP BPC 10.1 for HANA Architect/SME consultant
- Review the blue print and BPC Consolidation Application Design document to assure the business requirements can be complete satisfy.
- Cash flow report “To Be” in BPC from BCS/Legancy “As Is” report.
- Testing the BPC consolidation procedures and functions developed by the implementation partner.
- Give suggestions to the off shore develop to help them to resolve the problems/ bugs found in the test.
- Help to implement the complicated currency translation rule, which include the constant currency, functional currency and group currency by Average rate, Ending rate, History rate and Merger Rate.
- Calculation of currency translation adjustment (CTA) for all the three group currency: USD, CAD and EUR.
- Write the Script logic to push data from legal consolidation model to segment consolidation model.
- Help to implement the intercompany elimination and consolidation of investment business rule at 4 categories which is legal, segment, tax and guarantor according to the business requirement.
- Testing all the BPC objects developed by implementation partner’s off shore team according to best practice rule.
- Development on the items which is not included in the initial implementation scope of work such as input forms, reports, package links etc.
- BPC training and Knowledge transfer to the client’s in-house resource.
SAP BPC 10.0 on HANA Senior consultant
- Migrate the BW-BPS cube to BW on HANA cube.
- Design and create the data model for the COGS planning, which include dimensions, hierarchies and security strategy.
- Configure and develop the "TO" BPC input form/reports according to "AS" BPS layouts.
- Create the script logic for the business logic calculation according to the requirements.
- Design and develop the BADI for BPC complicated calculation.
- Create the transformation and conversion file for loading the master data loading from BW.
- Loading the transaction data from Oracle into HANA for transaction data..
- Create the process chain for BPC to load the master data ACCTYPE property
- Create the package link for data loading automation.
SAP BPC Architect/Senior consultant
- Redesign and configure the account dimension master data hierarchy and the properties according to the business reporting requirements.
- Configure the business rules which include automatic adjustment, carry forward, account calculation etc according to business requirements.
- Business rule and Ownership data for the consolidation.
- Create transformation file and conversion file to load both aster data and transaction data from BW.
- Redesign the package link for master data, hierarchy and transaction data loading.
- Develop the scrip logic to realize the customized business logic which is not working before.
- Design and develop the reports and input schedules such as Balance Sheet and P & L repots.
- Redesign the Infoproviders by using DSO to load transaction data from ECC to BPC which reduce the loading time from 5 hours to half hour.
- Design and create the customer button using VBA.
- Configure the journal entry form for menu data adjustment.
- Knowledge transfer to client in-house resource.
- Develop the end of month user guide document for future reference.
- BPC 10.1 Upgrade blue print and strategy setup.
- Backup and restore the BPC object in 7.5 old system and 10.1 new environment.
- Redevelop the input schedule and reports which cannot be the standard migration tool.
- Configure the consolidation monitor to replace the original consolidation steps.
- Test all the object and functions in DEV and QA to make sure the business requirement will be satisfied and enhanced.
- New development according to the new business reports requirements in both planning and consolidation fields.
- Training the end user how to use the BPC 10.1 new tool.
- Translate business requirements into functional design documentation and conceptual design document.
- Develop the function specs for develop team according to the financial department planning requirement.
- Redesign, configure and development the consolidation application according to the update business requirement.
- Design and develop the models according to the GAAP and Statutory reporting requirements.
- Loading consolidated data into the new model from BPC consolidation cube by covert YTD data to Periodic Data.
- Develop three years budget and forecast input schedules and reports.
- Create the Statutory reports which need to satisfy the state government requirements.
- Data integration/automation which include both master data and transaction data from ECC, BW as well as the other legacy system.
- Develop the BPC BADI/Script logic for complicate business logic.
- Design BPC security strategy and configure the BPC security to satisfy the SOD and SOX requirements.
- Transport of BPC objects from Development environment to Production environment through SDLC.
- Customized the Process chain to include the RUNSTAT/RRORG to improve DB2 performance.
SAP BPC Architect/Senior consultant
- Loading BPC dimension master data through BI infoobjects which consolidate the master data from ECC and properties reference data from flat file
- Loading transaction from BI staging infocube and DSO, include full load and Delta load.
- Create the package and package link to automate the data loading process for both master data and transaction data.
- Design and create the transformation and conversion files according to business requirements.
- Design and develop the financial reports using EPM Add-in tool and format them to satisfy the business department's requirements.
- Working with the client's in-house BW term to integrate the data from BW to BPC and transfer the BPC and knowledge to them so that they can handle the daily operation data loading in the future.
- Configure and test the business rules for legal consolidation such as Carry-forward, Account based calculation, Elimination and adjustment.
- Design and configure the controls to validate the consolidation data. .
- Develop and configure the BPC security by apply the users team, task and member access profile according to business requirments.
- Design and create the Journal entry for data adjustment.
- Migrate the BPC 7.5 evder report into BPC 10.0 reports using EPM Add-in.
- POC project for migrating SAP BW/BPC to SAP HANA.
SAP BPC/HANA Architect/Managing consultant
- Help Client to finalize the blue print document/ System requirement Specification.
- Migrate SAP BW on Oracle to SAB BW on HANA.
- Design and configure the real time data replication from SAP ECC to HANA using SLT.
- Design and architect the data model for SAP HANA according to client's business requirement and EDW strategy.
- Create and load the HANA table from non -SAP system using BODS 4.0.
- Backup and Restore the BPC 7.5 Appset using T code UJBR.
- Migrate the 7.5 BPC application set to BPC 10.0 Power by SAP HANA by running program UJT MIGRATE 75 TO 10 and BPC HANA MIGRATE FROM 10.
- Activate global, Environment and Model Accelerators in SPRO.
- Migrate the input schedules and report created in BPC 7.5 to BPC 10.0 using BPC 10.0 migration
- Testing the BPC functions in new BPC on HANA environment.
- Re-Configure the input schedules and reports which cannot be migrated by using EvDRE migration tool.
- Convert other BI cubes to SAP HANA base cubes.
Confidential, Lansing, MI
SAP BPC Senior consultant.
- Design and configure the models according to the business planning requirements
- Load master data and transaction data from ECC to BPC through SAP BW 7.3.
- Design and configure the input schedules which will allow the user to modify the master data properties on flying.
- Develop the dynamic input schedules for HCM which include new employee, transfer employee, employee status change, employee salary and benefit planning.
- Build complicated reports using EPM Add-in Excel and EPM function formula. format them to satisfy the business requirements.
- Create transformation, conversion file for data loading package.
- Design and develop the BPF for each business planning scenario.
- Design the security strategy and configure the term, task and data access profiles to realize it.
- Write script logic and Excel formula to realize the business logic.
- Develop the VBA to allow the user can modify the property of master data from dropdown menu.
- Write technical specs for BADI and BW data extraction business logic.
Confidential, Dallas, TX .
SAP BPC consultant/architect
- Redesign and develop the reports so that the new BPC data can satisfy the Confidential financial reports according to the business requirement from FP&A department.
- Redesign and create the Payroll application for the purpose of mass planning automation.
- Design and create the OPEX, Standard cost and Variance planning application.
- Design and configure multiple master data hierarchies for mapping data in two systems purpose
- Load the transaction data from ECC and flat file which is generated by Hyperion into BPC using FIM/Data Service.
- Configure and develop the financial reports using EPM Add-In tool of BPC 10,0 M.
- Security setup according to the requirements.
- Confidential SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SSIS.
- Workshop and POC SAP HANA.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SAP BPC 10.0 NW consultant/architect
- Design and develop the consolidation model, ownership model and rate model for legal consolidation.
- Configure and create the dimension master data, properties and hierarchies according to business requirements.
- Design and develop the currency translation functions and the corresponding CTA rules according to business requirement
- Configure the consolidation business rules which include Elimination and Adjustments, Carry-Forward, Account based Transformation etc.
- Configure the new control rule to validate the data.
- Design and develop the transformation, conversion file and data package to load both master data and transaction data from BI to BPC.
- Writing the Logic Script to realize the business rule and other business logic.
- Design and develop the P & L, B/S and other reports using the EPM 10.0 Add-in .
- Configure the input schedules so that the user can input rate, ownership and other data.
- Design and Configure the Journal entry template for data reclassification/adjustment.
- Develop the BPF to control the business sequence at the end of month, quarter and year.
- Design the security strategy using teams, users, task and data access profile.
- ETL which include load SAP and Non-SAP data into BPC through FIM.
Confidential, Lufkin, TX
SAP BPC 7.5 NW consultant/architect
- Involved in Blue printing the consolidation and planning requirement, developed the project plan, Designed, Tested and supported the Business consolidation and planning requirements for implementation.
- Design and develop the BI cube as the staging cube to load data from ECC and BAAN and then load them into BPC.
- Design and create the data model for Consolidation, Ownership and rate application.
- Extract dimension master data and transaction data from BI system into BPC for both Balance Sheet and P & L by using transformation file, conversion file and data package.
- Configure the transformation and conversion file to load Master/Hierarchy/Transaction data from ECC-BI to BPC.
- Convert the COPA cost based account model and cost based model into BPC account dimension.
- Foreign currency translation to convert Local currency into reporting currency.
- Configure the business rules for Consolidation application which include currency conversion, Account transformation, balance carry forward, validation, Automatic adjustment.
- Intercompany elimination/reconciliation/automatic adjustment to handle the Inter transaction, inter equity and investment for both parent group and its subsidiaries.
- Design and develop the Journal template for data adjustment purpose.
- Design and create the SEC and other Reports such as B/S,P & L Cash flow etc using evdre and template.
- Design and configure the security strategy by using BPC term, task and member access profile.
- Design and develop the BPF to control the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process.
- Build BPF to organize the end of month consolidation business process.
- Create the BADI to preserve the manually maintain hierarchy from overwriting when load data from BI system.
- Configure the Input schedule for B/S and P & L planning.
- Develop the step by step user guide for month end close business procedure.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SAP BPC consultant/architect
- Restructure the budget process to achieve Business process re- engineering.
- Design the input schedules for payroll application to plan and calculate the payroll data such as salary, FUTA, FICA, bonus,
- Design the input schedule for finance application to allow the user can plan at any level them want.
- Convert the business calculation and allocation scripts logic from Hyperion to BPC.
- Load actual data from SAP, and Hyperion to BPC.
- Design and develop the Excel formula and VBA to realize the complicated business logic.
- Design and maintain the dimension and its properties according to business requirements.
- Configure the currency translation business logic and the corresponding rate application set up.
- Configure the BPF and work status to sequence the order of budget and planning.
- Develop complicated script logic to do the payroll calculation and cost center allocation.
- Design and configure the security task profile and member access profile for each term.
- Design and create different kind of reports to satisfy the business requirements.
- Develop the SSIS, data package and customer button for data loading, command execution.
- Extract Data from BPC to Universe for dashboard.
- BPC Performance tuning by using application optimization, database partition, resign the reports etc.
- Upgrade the BPC 7.0 M to BPC 7.5 M version.
- Prepaid the user guide document and other configuration document.
SAP BI/BPC consultant/architect
- Analysis the data requirements according to the business need.
- Design and develop the BI staging table to extract the ECC data for BPC loading.
- Develop the logics to map, validate and transfer the data into BPC format.
- BPC data retraction to ECC.
- Load the master data and transaction data from BI objects/cubes into BPC.
- Design and develop the Process Chain to automate the whole process.
- Create Open Hub to extract BPC data into BI.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
SAP BPC consultant/architect
- Preparations for Consolidation which include requirement gathering and GAP analysis.
- Indentify the Corporate Chart of Accounts and the corresponding mapping of multiple local operational chart of accounts
- Extract data from subsidiaries account system (SAP, QAD and other systems), validate, transform and load data into SAP BI and then to BPC.
- Design and configure the BPC consolidation application to consolidate the financial data from 8 plates located globally.
- Configure the rate application for the currency translation which needs to convert the local currency into USD and CNY.
- Design and configure the Ownership application which will be used for legal consolidation.
- Design and develop the business rule and data package for Account Transformation, Intercompany Elimination. Currency Conversion,
- Design and develop trial balance report, the consolidated and consolidating balance sheet reports, P & L reports and other financial reports
- Design and developed the security strategy for Corporation and its subsidiaries.
- Design and create reports using BOBJ tools such as Crystal report, Xcelsius, WebI and Universe.
- Design and develop the reports and input schedules for budget, sales and HR planning according to business requirements.
- Create the process chain and package to do top down budget allocation.
- Develop the script logic to realize the business logic which includes spread the yearly planning amount into weeks in order to calculate the FICA for weekly or by-weekly employees.
- Design and develop ABAP BADI to realize the complicate business calculation and logic.
- Configure the Journal template, entry forms to allow the manual adjustment.
- Design and create custom button menu by using excel Macro.
- Configure the validation rule according to business requirements.
- Use the work state to configure the BPF to control the business process.
- Build drill through button to allow the user can access third party data.
- Build Crystal report and Xcelsius dashboard by using BPC as data source.
- Design and develop the task, member access profile, team and user to realize security strategy.
- Develop script logic to realize the customization of the business logic calculation.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SAP BPC consultant/architect
- Requirement gathering from client’s super user and financial controller.
- Design and create and the BPC objects such as application set, applications, dimensions, packages, journal, input schedule etc.
- Master data preparing which include data gathering, verify validation, build hierarchy and convert IFRS accounts into USGAAP accounts.
- Set up the security and work status for the applications set and applications.
- Design and develop the financial SEC reports such as cash flow, balance sheet, P & L, Consolidation Statement etc.
- Configure the business rule to do the Intercompany Elimination and consolidation.
- Design and develop the both consolidated and consolidating reports for headquarter and each entity.
- Create the input schedules for budget and planning purpose which includes financial budget and operational budget, financial budget is realized by top down while operation budget is bottom up.
- Currency translation to convert entity local currency into US report currency.
- Configure the BPF according to business requirement to control the budget process.
- Configure the Currency conversion rule according to business requirements.
- Design and create Open Hub to load data from BI to BPC.
- Design and develop the Dashboard by using Xcelsius to integrate the data from BPC.
- Create Crystal reports on top of SAP BI Query.
- ETL of master data and transaction data from ECC 6.0 and other legacy system.
- UAT and user training.
Confidential, Plano, TX
SAP BI/BPS solution consultant/architect
- Design and configure the infocube for BPS application.
- Develop the planning layout, planning function and planning sequence according to business logic.
- Design and develop the retraction program to retract the plan data back to ECC Project System.
- Create the ABAP allocation user exit to allocate the capital and expense to different business group.
- Design and develop all kinds of BEX reports.
- Configure the Web applications by using the web interface builder.
- Develop the user exit for variables and characteristics relationship.
- Write functional and technical specs according to business requirements.
- Create process chain to automate the data loading from ECC.
- BPC workshop and Demo to show the SAP’s future planning product of BPC 7.0.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SAP BI/BPS solution consultant/architect
- Design and configure the infoprovider which loaded data from APO Live Cache and BI CO-PA.
- Develop and configure the APO-BI Integration interface include datasource, infosource, DTP etc.
- Create the process chain to automatically integrate the entire data flow which include loading data from APO/COPA to BI, running functions in BI/IP(BPS) and reload data back to APO cubes.
- Design and develop the BI/IP(BPS) planning objects such as aggregate level, filter, functions etc by using data modeler.
- Using Open Hub service to export data to other system.
- Implement ABAP user exit for DTP.
- Migrate the transfer rule and update rule to DTP rule.
- BEX queries and WEB application configuration by using Query Designer and Web Application Designer.
- Testing, troubleshooting and documentation.
SAP Solution consultant/architect
- Analysis the existing Hyperion budget applications, identify the scope and solution for according to business requirements which will be implemented and realized in Outlooksoft/BPC 5.0.
- Mapping the function and report from Hyperion application to BPC application.
- Migrate both master data and transaction data from Hyperion to BPC.
- Develop the budget/planning strategy by moving to rolling monthly/quarterly forecast from the traditional yearly budget.
- Migrate the script logic for business calculation from Hyperion to BPC.
- Design the business process by combine the top down the targets and the bottom up process at a fairly low level of detail according to the business requirements.
- Design and configure the applications which include BPC dimension, property, business process flows, business rule, input schedules, logic, work status etc.
- Develop the user’s security strategy and data lock level according to the user’s profile.
- Configure the data transformation standard data management package, administrative data management package by using Data Manager.
- Design and mapping the transformation file and conversion file.
- Define and configure custom DTS task, custom menu, and custom package.
- Design and develop reports, input schedules.
- Identify the KPI to build the CMP dashboard with BPC Insight.
- Configure and develop the functions and the BPC Script Logic by using MDX,EV function and SQL.
- Create consolidation reports with EvDRE and control panel.
- Knowledge transfer to the in-house resource.
SAP BI/IP Solution consultant/architect
- Responsible for gathering the requirement for TPM, analysis the data flow in the business process.
- Conduct workshop and design session between business and project team. Research existing BW data model. Identify changes/modifications. Preparation of IP detailed planning model. Defining and identifying KPI and Characteristics.
- Design and develop the data flow from R/3 to BI include data modeling, integration, transformation and loading (ETL).
- Teaching the in-house resource the new development from BPS to BI-IP.
- Integrate data from CRM and FI/CO module to simulate the effect of trade promotion.
- Design and create the data objects for BI and IP which include infoprovider,DSO(ODS) aggregate level, filter, function, query etc.
- Design and develop the strategy and procedure on authorization, versioning, locking, communication etc.
- Write functional/technical specs for the offshore term.
- Configure the applications by using data modeler, query designer and WAD.
- Documentation and testing.
- SAP BPC Vs SAP BI-IP workshop.