- An SAP Functional Consultant infusing comprehensive expertise in SAP, a successful career history in Global SAP Design, Configuration, Implementation, and professional experience in accounting as a CPA to lead SAP design and implementation projects charged with meeting evolving business needs (i.e. mergers) across construction, oil and gas, and medical device manufacturing industries.
- Drives SOX and GAAP compliance, formulates innovative technical solutions, possesses experience in four ERP software solutions, delivers technical support/training, and develops/manages business blueprints that reduce costs, maximize productivity, mitigate risks, and deliver maximum returns on investments.
- Industry specific experience in oil and gas, construction, and medical device manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of Financial Accounting processes and best practices
- Expertise in the configuration and implementation of Financial Accounting (FI)
- Overall knowledge of SAP Finance solutions
- Expertise in the integration of Finance with other SAP solutions
- Extensive experience in Business Analysis, GAP Analysis, Requirement Gathering, Business Blue Printing, Workshop Demonstration and Solution Delivery. Identify various integration processes. Identify GAPS in early stages for an ahead of the schedule project delivery
- Understanding and documentation of business requirements, Analyzing functionality gaps and developing alternatives
- Finalize Business blueprinting and Developing Project Plans, Configuration, Unit and Integration testing
- Resolution of cross functional issues with different user groups and SAP teams, Preparation of functional specifications.
- Coordination with development team and monitor the progress of developing activities and updating the status with respective teams.
- Provide user training where appropriate, Co - ordination with Power users in resolving the issues that arises during user training.
- Ability to communicate complex issues and solution alternatives to users, Ability to articulate solution options and using SAP configuration creatively versus developing modifications to SAP code.
- Exceptional Communication skills, written and verbal all the team with SAP teams and Business users.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, a total team player. Self-starter with drive, initiative and a positive attitude. Able to meet very stringent deadlines and always deliver results, even under pressure.
- Managed teams of 3-10 direct reports. Drive change management meetings improving various application teams’ performance. Provided effective leadership to the project teams assigned and monitor tasks.
- Prepare, recommend and oversee development of operating and personnel budgets. Monitor spending for adherence to budget plans, develop and recommend variances. Perform and/or oversee budget analysis.
KEY SKILL SUMMARY:
- Expertise of integration of SAP FI module with other core modules like Controlling, Materials Management (MM), and Sales and Distribution (SD).
- Procure to Pay maximization including complex global intercompany stock, cost, and treasury transfers/allocations.
- Integration and monthly financial reporting of both SAP and Non-SAP ERP’s within consolidated group.
- FX revaluation, GR/IR clearing, reclassification and Overhead allocation cycles.
- Extensive knowledge of Product Costing/Transfer Pricing - Creation of production orders, components, routing, work center, BOM, settlement, variance and month end activities.
- Extensive knowledge of changes required in SAP ECC configuration and transaction recording with respect to the information required for Consolidation of financial statements for e.g. use of consolidation transaction types, use of trading partner, group chart of accounts and reclassification/regrouping of receivables, payables and general ledgers.
- Expert in implementation of Asset Accounting with extensive experience in multiple depreciation areas, handling complex requirements of depreciation calculation based on remaining useful life, changes in depreciation method etc.
- Demonstrated experience managing the development, testing and quality reviews within a SAP program of high complexity.
- Functional spec preparations for new development out of SAP standard depend on client requirement.
SAP Implementations/Configurations ~ SAP FI/CO, P2P, SD ~ SAP S4/HANA ~ SAP End User Experience ~ Talent Management ~ Project Management ~Microsoft Dynamics Training ~ Accounting and Financial Operations ~ Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) ~ Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
SAP, BOPC (BPC), Microsoft Dynamics AX, Jira Advanced, Power BI, Sharepoint, QAD, GEAC Starbuilder, Sage Timberline, and Expert Excel User
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
SAP FINANCE LEAD
- Hosted requirements gathering workshops with global leaders/SMEs of finance, accounting, tax, R&D, manufacturing, and supply chain.
- Created business process mapping for 3 ERP’s migrating into single SAP system.
- Lead COA mapping to align globally reducing total number of GL accounts from 1,600 to 900.
- Performed fit/gap analysis between processes of 3 ERP’s to be merged into a single system.
- Lead implementation of non-leading ledger for local reporting in all Latin America entities.
- Utilized Jira stories to present requirements and solutions to senior management organized by release phase.
- Organized Jira stories into actionable epics and sprints for implementation.
- Created functional specs for development team.
- Revamped shared profit center hierarchy for newly merged businesses.
- Lead FI data conversion utilizing offshore team, Power BI, and LSMW where necessary.
- Took the role of project manager for process improvements, which included estimating projects, designing project plans, held update meetings with stakeholder and supported teams.
- Managed the delivery of business change and business readiness, working closely with the business to ensure the solution is delivered at a high quality.
- Configured the new GL functionality (standard company hierarchy, account groups, accounts for company codes, fiscal year variant, field status variant and posting period variant, and document splitting)
- Implemented tolerances for budget cost and settlement rules in the Internal Order
- Workshop on the New GL features along with Document splitting (Profit Center). Demonstrated the Document splitting concepts with relevant examples and an online demo.
- Created Cost Centers, Primary Cost Elements, Cost Element Groups, Cost Centre Groups and linked the Cost Centers to the appropriate Profit Center
- Provide expertise in prototyping, configuration, and documentation.
- Involved in Planning unit, functional, system, integration, user acceptance, and performance testing during various phases of testing cycles.
- Managed offshore team, organizing testers, test scripts, and delegating workload.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SAP FICO INTERCOMPANY MANAGER
- Captured Time Savings and Surged Accuracy Levels for Global Accounting Groups with the planning, development, and deployment of ERP and SAP projects and solutions, including
- Automated Balance Sheet Reconciliationsto Run Off SAP TB Downloads which reduced the time necessary to complete closing processes by a half of a day.
- Led the Creation of a Custom Report that Seamlessly Uploaded to the Bank for Vendor Payments. This initiative eliminated the need for the Australian accounting group to type AP vendor payments individually into third party payment software programs, reduced the time necessary to complete the process from one business day to 20 minutes, and eliminated human errors.
- Designed, Tested, and Implemented SAP Business Objects Planning and Consolidation (BOPC) Solutions critical for post-merger reporting (in partnership with information technology software teams). Developed project and work plans, provided SAP support and expertise throughout the transition, and resolved complex technical issues.
- Traveled to Europe to Finalize SAP Design and Testing Activities Prior to the Implementation (in partnership with the SAP Functional Consultant). Aggregated intelligence on existing legacy entity designs on the platform.
- Attend workshop to understand business process and prepared as is and to be documentation.
- Prepared- Business Blueprint, Functional Specifications, Configuration document, data migration and cut over templates etc. and get sign off from Business.
- Defined and Configured Company code, Chart of Accounts, Account Groups, Tolerance Groups, Number Ranges, Posting Keys, Document Types, Fiscal Year Variants, and Field Status Groups.
- Business Partner - Configured BP Account groups, number ranges and BP roles.
- Configured and work to gather with MM consultant on Procure to pay - MRP, Request for quotation, purchase request, purchase order, goods receipt, Invoice and payments.
- Configured and work to gather with SD consultant on Order to cash cycles - Enquiry, Quotation, sales order, goods issue, delivery, billing/invoice and payments.
- Integration FI to MM and SD- Setup the account key, account determination type, GL accounts, valuation class assign to GL accounts.
- Product Costing - Creation of production orders, components, routing, work center, BOM, settlement, variance and month end activities.
- Defined Customer/Vendor Account Groups and imported Customer/Vendor Master Data.
- Configured FI-AR: Accounts Receivables accounts determination, Milestone billing, Recurring billing & Mile stone billing, Revenue related Billing, Manual checks, Lock Box collection from customers and Intercompany STO Business process implementation.
- Dunning - Configured 4 levels, various languages as per customer master language, send dunning letters through email and mail.
- Configured FI-AP: Accounts payables Accounts Determination-PO and Non Po Invoices Business process Design, Payroll Interface, Concur Travel expense and bank account payment interfaces, ACH, Check, Positive pay files & Cashed checks (EDI), statements. Configured payment terms and payment methods.
- Configured IHB In House Bank and Banking: Positive pay file, Cashed check file, Electronic bank statement and Manual bank statement configuration, Cash concentration, ACH files transfer with XML file format, check forms, Payment advices and lockbox.
- Fixed Assets - Gathering requirements on fixed Asset based on I did Business Process Design, FI-AA Configuration, Project system for Investment Measures configuration, Process Design for CIP and Fixed assets business process Training for the assets acquisition/Retirement/Transfer/period end closing and Legacy Assets data conversion.
- Vertex Taxation application configuration for US & Canada Sales tax, Purchase Tax & Use Tax-Vertex Integration and Interface.
- Create Test scripts for UAT and Integration and sign off from business for UAT.
- Preparation and implementation of user manuals. Trained key users and new employees.
- Go- live upload data and get signoff from Business.
- Maintained Master data as per the design includes cost centers, activity types, statistical key figures, Cost Center Standard Hierarchy, cost center categories, maintained default account assignments and automatic account assignments.
- Customized screens for Document entry, Document reversals, Invoices, and Payments.
- Distribution for cost centers and profit centers - Cycle creation, set and execute.
- Created Account Assignment Models for Recurring Entries.
- Support on month end activities in FI and CO to support GRIR clearing, Forex run, Deprecation run, accrual and deferrals, assessments and distributions cycle.
- Monitoring the batch jobs for super critical morning and evening jobs and communicate with business if there is issues when batch jobs get failed and its root cause analysis.
- Post Go- live support- Fix the issues on day to day.
- Oversaw Domestic and International Accounting and Financial Operations to Drive the Ongoing Success and Continued Operations throughout a global merger. Managed general leger accounting, reconciliations, month-end close processes, and internal financial reporting. Established budgets/forecasts, analyzed results (actual vs. forecast), and delivered critical financial intelligence to external reporting agencies, government/tax offices, and auditors.
- Traveled to Australia to Manage Financial Operations throughout the vacancy of a Local Controller.
- Designed and Integrated Enhancements to Transition Global Accounting Operations to Full US GAAP Compliance. Prepared pro forma non-GAAP financials to reflect ongoing business operations (excluding the merger), integrations and expense restricting.
- Delivered Consultative Leadership to Internal Reporting and Consolidation Groups. Facilitated coaching on accounting, SAP, ERP, GAAP, and operational regulations, set objectives, scheduled activities, and provided performance feedback.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Reduced the AP Labor Burden 30% by requiring Wells Fargo procurement credit cards for accounts payable (AP) purchases less than $5K.
- Captured Labor Savings of Three Days/Month by consolidating financial operations across three divisions (capital expenditures, construction in progress/CIP, and fixed/intangible asset accounting).
- Decreased Processing Time (from two days to two hours) and Surged Accuracy Levels by partnering with Wells Fargo to add relevant information to credit statements and automatically map vendor type to company GL accounts. The initiative eliminated the need to manually import 900 lines of data with $90K of expenses.
- Analyzed Financial Data to prepare monthly statements, income/P&L statements, financial reports, and balance sheet statements (variance analysis). Assessed the financial success of the organization, reviewed variances, and mitigated financial risks by adhering to GAAP and SOX.
- Prepared General Ledgers, Income Statements, Construction in Progress (CIP) Month End Schedules/Adjustments, and Journal Entries for Cost of Sale Expense Allocations (by segments based on revenue percentages) in a variety of technical systems, including SAP ERP, Microsoft Dynamics AX, and MS Excel.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Griffin provides wellpoint and construction dewatering systems, water treatment and filtration, bypass pumping, pump rental and groundwater control.
- Oversaw accounting operations for eight specialty construction services companies and one manufacturing organization while initiating technical solutions that controlled costs, increased revenues/accuracy levels, and contributed to more productive and regulatory compliant environment.
- Captured Time Savings of Two Days/Week by eliminating duplicate work and centralizing AP at the corporate office.
- Expense Reporting in the Accounting System Completed in 22 Days and achieved timely financial reporting for the first time in the history of the company.
- Three-Way Match and Control of Payables to eliminate risk of duplicate/never received material payments.
- Various Benefits Included cash management optimization, payables forecasting, and recording costs at time of purchase.
- Digitized internal paperwork processes (replaced 30 paper forms with 16 linked forms) and designed/MS Access database queries (expedite data research/analysis). requirements/taxable items/rates, registering new sales tax accounts (in line with sales tax permits/resale certificates/exemptions), and performing bank reconciliations.
- Resolved Financial Issues, Overpayments, and Errors while overseeing accounting operations, i.e. reconciling balance sheet accounts, creating schedules, preparing journal entries, performing bank reconciliations for real estate LLCs, invoicing customers, analyzing gross margins, leading working capital valuations, and processing 48 sales and use tax returns.